Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On a scale from 1-5 how much fun are you currently having playing Sims 4?

124...Next

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I see what you did there @TheHarbinger_51
    I'm still at between a 4-5 when I play this morning I was at a 5 for sure. My poor sims... One day they will come and haunt me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimurgSimurg Posts: 361 Member
    edited January 2019
    5- Most fun possible
    I was very prejudiced against TS4 when it first came out and sadly I distanced myself from the The Sims franchise, focusing on other games. Lately I've found myself watching LP's of The Sims 4 and I decided to give it a try.

Boy... I wish I bought it back at the day 1! So much fun, lots of nice details. The CAS, build mode, interactions, animations. I'm loving it AND I only have the base game. I can't wait to discover what those various game/expansion/stuff packs have to offer.

I'm glad to be back :)

EDIT: I also have to point that the game runs very smooth. Loading screen only takes like 1-5 seconds. I hope it stays that way when I get the packs.
    5a46jk.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    1 - Bored out of my mind
    off topic

you don't see many people voting on this forum anymore
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    > @Simurg said:
    > I was very prejudiced against TS4 when it first came out and sadly I distanced myself from the The Sims franchise, focusing on other games. Lately I've found myself watching LP's of The Sims 4 and I decided to give it a try.
    >
    > Boy... I wish I bought it back at the day 1! So much fun, lots of nice details. The CAS, build mode, interactions, animations. I'm loving it AND I only have the base game. I can't wait to discover what those various game/expansion/stuff packs have to offer.
    >
    > I'm glad to be back :)
    >
    > EDIT: I also have to point that the game runs very smooth. Loading screen only takes like 1-5 seconds. I hope it stays that way when I get the packs.

I play on a gaming laptop, and I own all of the expansions/stuff packs and game packs. Load screens are maybe 5-10 seconds. Never longer. And the game boots up to load/start new game in about 15-20 seconds :-)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    Im at a 5. Ive been at a five for the longest :-)
  • OnePieceJunkieOnePieceJunkie Posts: 13 New Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I'm the same as you @Simurg! I deleted the game after 2 weeks when it came out. CAS editing felt new and awkward and I didn't like that there wasn't a fully loaded town. After downloading the game again two months ago, WOW I can't believe what I was missing! No more 10minute loading screens?? Super detailed CAS? Building is twice as fast and easier? I immediately scoured the internet and downloaded a bajillion CC and have been having an awesome time
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    3 - Mildly entertained
    It's something to do. I played for hours when I first got the game in November, but the novelty is wearing off. Now most of my time goes to other hobbies that I've neglected since playing the Sims, such as video editing and writing. So, I guess that's a good thing?
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    It's more like a 3.5 or 3.6.
    Normal fun for the most parts, but you know how the Sims can get.
    "Make your fun" is a big part of my Sims experience, and the tools to make that fun are pretty good, just need the right inspiration to put it to use.

Or you can just restart over and over, throwing households at a wall and see what sticks. :lol:
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    This poll is quite old. Currently 5.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2019
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I will admit. I would have scored a 1 before Seasons came out. But. Now? I'm giving it a 4! Seasons has absolutely rescued my game! I'm back to spending hours on end playing my game. I look at the clock, its only 9pm, I can play for a little while. What seems like only 5 minutes later, and its 2am! :O I'm having a blast!

There are only a few things I would like to see added now.. hobbies.. because my Sims are bored on weekends.. sewing and making things or crocheting scarves and mittens for Winterfest would be cool. i know we have Art and Chess, and Reading.. but we need more "creative" hobbies. TS2 had the ability to make quilts? Didn't they?

I want a baby overhaul.. (I know I now.. you know. so i'll just shush) -

My elders need more to do.. shuffleboard, BINGO, idk.. just something. All they do is mope around the house.. and clean. LOL.

I wish my pets weren't so needy. My dog was "lazy" and still wanted to go for a walk every single day.. like twice a day! (I have the mod that lets you hire a dog walker - because it got INSANE) -I think he ran away at least 10 times in his short life.. After he died, I brought him back as a ghost, and hes such a better dog! Can we please get cats and dogs who react in the living state as they do as ghosts? They really just walk around and never demand anything... its perfect. (Yes I only have ghost pets now) -

I would like to see "life milestones" added.. More after school activities for kids.. (WITHOUT FAME PLEASE? - Not all of my Sims want to be celebrities for being scouts.. I'm thinking Sports teams too. So. Cheerleading, Football, Soccer, Golf, Vollyball, Softball, Baseball - as kids have to try out and get on the team.. they have practice and can become famous in that way.. (if they choose, make it an option, but also give the option to not gain fame as well..?? ) Same for teens in addition to Prom, Football games, and party invites for teens. Young adults are pretty set. Adults are pretty set, though some did like the "Midlife Crisis" I wasn't a fan of that. I guess the only things I would add for YA and Adults is more parties. LOL. "Baby showers and bachelor/batchelorette parties" Elders need more to do though, (I mentioned some of those ideas for elders up ^^ there.. and they should have the ability to have a last will and testament - this would allow for "family heirlooms" to be passed down, money, pets, children, lots.. and we should have FUNERALS.. this one continues to baffle me. Our Sims have always been able to die, but we have NEVER had funerals.. in any of the franchises.. I think this would be best released a pack all together, Sims 4 Life milestones or something..

But yeah.. those things would just add to my game play. Its not a 5.. yet. but i'm confident we'll get there!

Oh. And University. (Of course)
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I love The Sims 4!
    Lately, it's been hard to pull myself away from the game. I'm finding it really fun to play on long lifespan and really focus on exploring all of the content that's been added. I set goals and to-do lists for my sims so it feels challenging and more achievement-oriented, but it's still easy enough that it relaxes me. I don't play any other games other than the sims franchise- I've been a simmer since childhood and I think that this series is amazing because it's about making the mundane fun, not action or violence. :) Also, I have other hobbies, like reading, that I do when I am bored of the game. And then after some time away, it feels fresh and new and addicting again.

Also, I do occasionally play The Sims 2, which I also love. But what I love about Sims 4 is the art style, and how it's not so challenging that I'm stressed while playing it. I also love the cool new systems and content they've added, like the character values, jungle exploring, and the fame and reputation system. Oh, and also that it runs smoothly and rarely ever crashes. :)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    Probably more like a 3.5. it only nudged to 4 since I bought three packs during the recent sale and seasons is so beautiful. I love the game, but I also think the fun I'm having is easily recreated in other Sims games. I've been doing my own sort of storytelling, and that's very transferable. I could be having more fun...but I'm pleased right now.

I sort of go through phases where I'm either in the 1/2 category or the 3/4 category. There are periods where I play several hours a day, and then there are periods where I don't touch it for weeks and have no desire to.
    @orangehippogriff

I mainly play just the sims. I own 2 other video games. I love playstation. But I only play them when the mood strikes, which is not often. But I play sims 4 every day! I can not skip a day. It's just one of the few things thats really enjoyable for me!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited January 2019
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I'm averaging about 2-3 hours daily so I guess that says it all. :) No longer working so I have more time to enjoy the game and I'm so looking forward to whatever is coming this year. <3

ETA: The original post is asking about the last 2-3 months so I'd have to up my rating to a 5.