Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who thought these Pets were a good idea?

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
I’ve played every sims Pets expansion so far. I just started really diving into C&D for TS4. I adopted a stray because it was sick and I wanted to get it treatment. So we did that, and I started noticing the weird Pet mechanics. He’s hairy, so he leaves hair all over, he gets sick constantly, he’s always digging in the trash, begging to go on a walk and lines my Sims cue with 20 “Petting Mojo” making it priority over whatever they were doing. The food bowl has to be refilled almost 3 times a day, and he hardly plays with his toys. So, I decided maybe he needed a companion. I found a female stray and adopted her, thinking maybe they could have puppies. Nope. They BARELY interact without my guidance and now I have two bowls going through food like crazy, twice as many “Pet me” lined up in the cue and for what? The dogs just kinda wander around, it’s just weird. I love the way they look, it’s spot on in that area but everything else is a mess. I remember how tight knit my dogs were in TS2. The dogs would lay next to the baby crib a lot, they’d play with each other, go dig outside. This is just such a disappointment.

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Animals living in the same household should definitely play fight and chase each other around. Thats one of the more entertaining things animals do. The pets in sims games, always pale in comparison realistically, to well, the real thing :-)

They lack personality! They look nice but thats all.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I’ve played every sims Pets expansion so far. I just started really diving into C&D for TS4. I adopted a stray because it was sick and I wanted to get it treatment. So we did that, and I started noticing the weird Pet mechanics. He’s hairy, so he leaves hair all over, he gets sick constantly, he’s always digging in the trash, begging to go on a walk and lines my Sims cue with 20 “Petting Mojo” making it priority over whatever they were doing. The food bowl has to be refilled almost 3 times a day, and he hardly plays with his toys. So, I decided maybe he needed a companion. I found a female stray and adopted her, thinking maybe they could have puppies. Nope. They BARELY interact without my guidance and now I have two bowls going through food like crazy, twice as many “Pet me” lined up in the cue and for what? The dogs just kinda wander around, it’s just weird. I love the way they look, it’s spot on in that area but everything else is a mess. I remember how tight knit my dogs were in TS2. The dogs would lay next to the baby crib a lot, they’d play with each other, go dig outside. This is just such a disappointment.

The TS2 pets was awesome, you just reminded me of how great it was!! TS4 the Animals are super needy, even if the bowl is filled the game tells you your animal is hungry, my Dog just doesn't seem happy unless I am taking him for a walk, throw Children in the mix and I can only handle a couple of hours of it.

When my Sim did not have a family I could spend every moment with my Dog, but now I can't..just wish they'd tweak it to where the animals have their own thing going on and more of a personality, and not always in need of something. I also now get an exclamation mark on my Dogs face in the sims family queue and when I click on my Dog he really needs nothing..but the game says he needs attention.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I agree. Visually the Sims 4 pets are adorable and I love the way we can customize them but this version of pets is so annoying and they are just so flat and lifeless. This has always been the pack I look forward to the most and I do not play this version at all.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    The pet queuing for constant attention and them getting sick are definitely known bugs. Based on your pet's traits (especially for the troublemaker one) they'll definitely knock over the trash bin less you teach them not to misbehave.

Never had a problem with my dog not playing with the toys I buy him and with food seems like he eats less more than anything. Food tends to go bad majority of the time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I can deal with the misbehaving and the need to train out such misbehavior, it's actually kind of neat to influence your pets actions, in a sort of "Parenthood" sort of way, but I absolutely cannot live with this ongoing bug of the queue spamming.

It completely entraps whatever Sim the pets set their sights on and fills their queue up so much they can't click on anything else.
    I've had to take to locking sections of the house off for pets to live and roam around in, so Sims can go about their non-pet-related activities in peace.
    That and just plain not having pets at all until this issue goes away. (again, until it comes back for like... what the 4th/5th time)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2019
    My dogs are horrible, currently waiting for them to pass. The family lives on Windenburg countryside so it's impossible to take them for walks, even short ones lead to exhaustion. They keep begging for walks. Aside of being sick they also faint all the time. They have beds and toys available but don't use them. Now that I think of it they've never interacter with each other.

Cats are better. At least they play with toys and chase each other. Having one dog for a single sim is also okay.