Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random outfits? Why oh why?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
Not sure if this is a common thing, but I think it might have started with Getting Famous. Sudenly my sims wear outfits I never designed for them. This is typical when they walk by when I play another house, or when i enter their house to play. The outfit is not in the list of designed outfits. It is not a working outfit either (happens to unemployed sims)

Can anyone pls explain what the random outfit comes from, is it a certain activity or location trigging it? Anything related to GF? These affected sims are not trying to get famous.

I'm quite rigid when designing outfits for my sims. I keep track on their favorite colors, patterns etc, and all outfits will have details of this in them, to reflect the sim's personality and taste. I also know if a sim needs glasses or not, and when random outfits gives my sim random glasses just for the fun of it, I just wanna scream! I also know what female sims might prefer wearing a dress or pants, etc.

Hopefully this randomness is a thing that I can switch off?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    This isn't new with Get Famous and has been around since Vampires came out. Sadly, there's no workaround for that, but on the bright side, these outfits are only there when they walk by and isn't added to their designated outfits. If you have MCCC, you could just click on them and change their outfit manually, if that helps.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Those random outfits are called "situational" outfits. I have no idea why Get Famous added a new one, but so far MCCC doesn't have a option to change it. I hate those outfits. I'm hoping MCCC gets the option soon, as it already has the other situational ones we can fix.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Thanks, but what is the purpose of "situational" outfits? I don't understand why EA think it's a better idea than to show NPC sims off wearing the outfits we made for them? A finer lady, porch and very elegant, has a full set of suitable outfits and EA think it's better that this fine lady walks by wearing camouflage trousers with a heart decorated hoodie??? It ruins my entire game when established characters takes on a random outfit because someone at EA thinks it is fun.

If anyone could tell me what the point is, maybe I could understand it... right now it is nothing but a nightmare.
  • mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I noticed that my sims started wearing strange outfits after I installed City Living. I just got that pack, so maybe it was just coincidental, but my sim's mom apparently started going through a mid life crisis as she started wearing cosplay-looking outfits lol. I haven't really noticed any difference after getting Get Famous, though! Maybe I've just always had sims wear weird outfits.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Ive noticed it usually tends to be vampires that wear weird unusual outfits that dont work or look good.
    Some of you mention the vampire pack, but I don't have that pack. Maybe this came with patches...?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I've had some interesting (to put it mildly) outfits since City Living, but it got even worse after the GF patch for me - now even my vampires look like dorks! That is also when I first got the CAS aging bug and a few others too.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've been complaining about this since City Living. If it's so plum important to them that our sims wear special outfits on certain occasions, then add a category to CAS for them! I'm so tired of taking the time to create a look for my sims only to have the game put them in some plum-awful get up.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have never had this happen, and I have both City Living and Get Famous, but I do not have vampires so my guess is related to that update too.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    nvm I see it happening to others that don't have vampires. Weird. Hope it gets fixed for you.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I sometimes see my Sims in random outfits too. It's usually when I'm out that I see my Sims looking a mess. I mean:

m46utQE.png

I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but... yikes.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Thanks, but what is the purpose of "situational" outfits? I don't understand why EA think it's a better idea than to show NPC sims off wearing the outfits we made for them? A finer lady, porch and very elegant, has a full set of suitable outfits and EA think it's better that this fine lady walks by wearing camouflage trousers with a heart decorated hoodie??? It ruins my entire game when established characters takes on a random outfit because someone at EA thinks it is fun.

If anyone could tell me what the point is, maybe I could understand it... right now it is nothing but a nightmare.

agreed!! This has happened to me. I made NPC sims dressed in sophisticated clothing and then I will see them wearing horrific clothing when out on the town. Drives me nuts.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    It literally scared the bejeesus out of me when I saw my sim in her "situational" outfit XD Like what the heck? Hot mess! I could not believe my eyes because I knew I did NOT put that on her!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Ah yes, situational outfits, the bane of my existence. I’ve modded them into oblivion.
    So_Money wrote: »
    Ah yes, situational outfits, the bane of my existence. I’ve modded them into oblivion.

Can " situational outfits" be modded? I'm happy to learn, but hoping for a smaller install than MCCC...
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

Can " situational outfits" be modded? I'm happy to learn, but hoping for a smaller install than MCCC...

For me it’s a combination of No Rain Outfits from MTS, editing the situation outfit flag in Sims4Studio, and yes, MCCC.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    There's a mod that should fix the Get Famous situational outfits: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Scroll down about halfway - it's the one called 'GetFamouswalkbysfix'.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited January 2019
    There are also fixes for many other situational outfits on that site as well, so you don't need MCC.

The complete list is:

BlossomFestival (CityLivingMods): Townie outfit fix: Sims will wear formal wear at the blossom festival except for the crazy teen who will wear party wear. No more randomly generated clothes at the festival (except for the festival shirts). Vers. 2: Adds a new dress code for the Romance festival. Sims will wear light colours (white, pink, blue and yellow) and prefer floral patterns. With version 3 visitors of the romance festival will also wear the romantic costumes from the Get Famous Expansion.
    FleamarketVendor (CityLivingMods): Flea market vendors will wear their everyday outfit instead of the outfit EA chose. Fixes the EA-bug of not appearing flea market vendors. Only unplayed households can be flea market vendors, so that your played Sims´ inventory will no longer miraculously fill with collection items.
    FoodFestival (CityLivingMods): Townie Outfit Fix: Sims will wear party wear at the foods festival. No more randomly generated clothes at the festival (except for the festival shirts).
    GetFamousWalkbysFix (GetFamousMods): Fixes the random outfits of townie walkbys introduced with Get Famous.
    HolidayTraditionWalkby_Fix (SeasonsMods): Townie Outfit Fix. Fixes the weird outfits (especially hats and glasses) Sim walkbys wear on holidays as festive or formal clothing.
    LampFestival (CityLivingMods): Townie outfit fix: Dark siders will wear party wear at the lamp festival, Light siders will wear formal wear. No more randomly generated clothes at the festival (except for the festival shirts).
    NerdFestival (CityLivingMods): Townie outfit fix: Weird outfit fix for the Geek Con (no general clothing changes). With version 2 the Cosplayers will also wear costumes from the Get Famous Expansion.
    NoFakeVampire (VampireMods): Townie outfit fix. Sims and vampires strolling through your neighbourhoods at night will wear their own outfits instead of randomly generated so-called "vampire styled" ones.
    RoleOutfitDisabled_ByChoice (MiscMods): There are several packages that let you disable several role/job outfits by choice (e. g. maid, mailman, director, librarian, butler, nanny, ...). Just install what you want.
    TouristOverhaul (CityLivingMods): Prevents townies in San Myshuno from wearing the tourist outfit. They´ll wear their everyday outfit instead. Version2 leaves the tourist outfit, but disables the hideous socks and hats.
    UniformRaccoon (CityLivingMods): Townie outfit fix: I got tired of the trash panda outfit so I replaced it with kind of a punk outfit.
    WalkbyRainFix (SeasonsMods): Sims walking by won't wear ridiculous outfit combinations when it's raining anymore. With version 2 Sims will actually choose boots and a raincoat.
    WeirdoOverhaul (CityLivingMods): Townie outfit fix: Prevents some of the weirdos in SanMyshuno (Wrestler/Hat and bathing suit combo).

You can use the search bar on top of the page to find the mods.

I've been pondering for a while now whether it would make sense to combine all of these in a single mod, but that would be difficult as there are different versions for some of these mods available at the site and on top, not everyone owns every single pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Thanx a bunch @83bienchen for posting this awesome list!