Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black & White, White & Black Cakes

OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
So this has been bugging me for a while now. Whenever I have my sims make a black & white or white & black cake, they're both just an off white colour with some minor texture detailing. One looks like it has a sort of leaf pattern on it, which isn't unpleasant especially for weddings, but it's not what the cake is supposed to look like. In other people's games, they're either black with white swirls or white with black swirls.

I've searched around and only found one other person have this issue. Someone asked if it was because the cake was low quality or baked using a low quality oven but even when my sim has level 10 gourmet cooking, and the best appliances money can buy, this still happens. The question was never resolved.

I don't currently have a screenshot but I'll take one soon.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Edit: I just remembered I was watching a Let's Play a couple of days ago where the white & black (or black & white, not too sure) cake was the same as mine. go to 2:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JUtfU0HwQ&t=887s&list=PLbs9XNZQjkobSVkgRyYP-oSfC6aNi_jlU&index=59

Comments

• Options
    moristigermoristiger Posts: 10 New Member
    good one
  • Options
    moristiger wrote: »
    good one

What do you mean?
  • Options
    kne3384kne3384 Posts: 37 Member
    I have the same problem with those two cakes.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    edited January 2019
    I can tell from the thumbnail on that video that they have the Plumbob Tea Society Rustic Romance wedding pack installed. I suspect that pack changes the cake into a simple wedding cake, although I don't recall seeing a cake with flower patterns in that pack so maybe not.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @kne3384 & @Sapphisims Simwolf is correct, if you guys have the Rustic Weddings CC stuff pack, in that stuff pack there is a package file for default "naked cakes" that rep!ace the black & white/white and black tiered cakes. I had the same issue and it took me weeks to track down the cause.
  • Options
    belle10belle10 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @simwolf said:
    > I can tell from the thumbnail on that video that they have the Plumbob Tea Society Rustic Romance wedding pack installed. I suspect that pack changes the cake into a simple wedding cake, although I don't recall seeing a cake with flower patterns in that pack so maybe not.

The PTS cc pack includes an override for the black & white and white & black cakes. OP, do you have the Rustic Romance cc pack installed? If so, you'll want to find the override file and remove it if you would prefer your Sims making the EA cakes. I have the pack installed in my game currently and my Sims also make plainer looking cakes (I prefer them to the EA designs though).
  • Options
    kne3384kne3384 Posts: 37 Member
    Lol...maybe I should of asked about this a long time ago, they are my fav cakes for weddings. I will definitely be removing that file tonight.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2019
    simwolf wrote: »
    I can tell from the thumbnail on that video that they have the Plumbob Tea Society Rustic Romance wedding pack installed. I suspect that pack changes the cake into a simple wedding cake, although I don't recall seeing a cake with flower patterns in that pack so maybe not.

This. It's the PTS Rustic Romance set. There is a cake override in the set. I had to remove all CC that was cake related, included the decor cakes... while my friend only had to remove the override file. So, if just removing override file doesn't work, remove all Cake related CC from the set.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Oh wow! You guys! This was a HUGE help. I do have that pack installed. Thank you so much. I had no idea it'd be something so simple!