Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About Cheating

Comments

• brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I've used the cheat codes for the game before, but not in a long time. I personally enjoy the challenge. I've had my Sim get enough Aspiration points, and work enough jobs etc, that he is basically maxed out on everything, he never has to sleep, rarely hungry, steel bladder..etc I didn't want to completely make it to where he doesn't have to fulfill any needs, I thought that would really leave the game empty.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited January 2019
    Like most everyone else has said, I don't really consider what we're doing in the Sims to be cheating. I use cheats to advance story and create compelling sims. I'm not gonna take the time to manually work a family up to wealth if I want to start on their kids generation instead. I'll just give them the skills, jobs, and luxurious mansion they would have earned by then.

When it comes to skills I even have my own little rules when cheating them up, if they haven't earned them they only get 3-5 skill levels, unless I want them to have focused on an area or need them to mentor their children.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I cheat 100% of the time.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I cheat but only when necessary to create a cool Sim video.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    You can't 'win' against another competitor in this game, so I prefer to think about 'cheats' as shortcuts like someone above has said. I play a lot of challenges though and don't use 'cheats' if they're not allowed. With one exception. I love starting out the majority of my gameplay R2R style, so I will 'cheat' to take away all their funds after moving a Sim to a lot.

During gameplay the only 'cheat' I'll use is to drag dishes to the trash/sink/dishwasher for Sims, but only in an attempt to save time if they're late for work or tired. Sometimes I'll abuse the system when they're just starting out to get more simoleons for my Sims such as; planting a cowberry, then immediately selling it in buy mode for a bigger profit, leveling up a Sim's vampire skill so they can turn low value fish/frogs into plasma packs, making my Sims drop trash when taking it to the bin so they can scavenge over and over for upgrade parts or set down just a roof piece for shelter from the weather.

I've stopped doing that stuff though for the most part because it just makes it too easy for R2R Sims to advance too quickly.

In build mode I use 'cheats' all the time such as; MOO, Debug and the loooong cheat code to turn off entitlements for career reward objects. When building for a contest/challenge I always have to 'cheat' simoleons for a Sim so they can playtest the lot for me and set the lighting. I wish we could set lighting and intensity in build mode, but it's not available for some reason.

I also use the CAS full edit mode 'cheat' to modify townies, premades and sometimes when Sims age-up if they look hideous and need some tweaking. Unfortunately, that happens a lot. o.O lol The only time I've ever used a 'cheat' for skills was to level up a Sim's cooking skill so I could send them to a lot I was building and make baked goods on a cupcake machine I'd temporarily set down. I needed them for an outdoor wedding reception lot. Afterwards, I 'cheated' to reduce that Sim's skill level to where it was beforehand.

I've only used the relationship 'cheat' once as well. I needed my modeling Sim to be in love with someone and vice versa to set up a love scene for a particular round in a contest. I also had to 'cheat' to give her love interest a death buff so it would look like she killed him afterward.

So, yep, long story short, although I don't use mods (yet), I use 'cheats' to enhance my gameplay. 'Cheats' just makes the game even more enjoyable and fun to play than it already is for me! <3
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I rarely use cheats. I only use them once every two sim weeks with this current challenge. I only use the make household happy cheat.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I can see how it'd be encouraged from typing cheats in manually to the reward traits and potions we have access to. :p

I never bother cheating my sims motives or needs. Tend to use free real estate at times to place most unplayed sims and I cheat my sims money to have them start at zero and work at it. Have a sim move out of the family to live on their own. I give them a smaller amount of money rather than them having 20k to boot. Kinda miss when you would just marry random townie sims and they didn't have much of any money usually below a 1000 or so.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Like many of you, I don't think it's possible to cheat in a game where you can't win or loose.

I like to use the cheats sometimes. I use them to set up unplayed households, neighbours and future partners for my sims.

But the cheats I use in my played households should not be called cheats because you don't advance your sims by subtracting money with the money cheat, or by placing more objects with moveobjects if your sims still have to pay for them.

The only real cheat I use systematically is the one to ignore locked objects. I think all objects in the catalogue should be freely available. If my sims can afford them through honestly earned money, that is.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    When it comes to competitive games, cheating for me is a big no no. However, when it comes to the Sims, ALL THE CHEATS. Except the Move Object cheat.

Yes, MOO is probably my big no-no, unless I've got something that got stuck quite on its own (which is the reason I don't use this particular cheat). And I'm a little leery of any cheat that requires testingcheats on, since weird things can happen - I use those cheats sparingly. (Tried to cheat my Sim kid out of that annoying 'loud' phase last week - didn't work, anyway. She lost the trait in the description tab, but continued to spew obscenities. Argh!)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    I always use cheat codes unless I want my Sims to purposely be poor or miserable >,<
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I only cheat in this game and in card- and boardgames when playing with my nieces when they HAVE to win to keep the peace. In fact I don't look at it as cheating in Sims but rather both as a game enhancer and bypassing bugs. The last I mean being able to reset a Sim or a pet and using the bb.moveobjects on when placing gallery lots to prevent buggy lots.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It depends what I’m doing, I guess. If I need to do something quick, I cheat but I’ve stopped doing that.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I don't like to use cheats when playing my main households. I don't cheat their skills, their needs, relationships, money, etc. I even stopped buying the reward traits that help with their basic needs. I just feel it's more rewarding when they've reached the top of their careers or maximized their skills in a legit way.

With other households, however, I use cheats quite freely. I've removed the premade sims in most of my saves and in order to replace them, I've had to resort to using the free real estate and money cheats to establish the neighbourhoods.
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    The primary reason I use cheats is to build up a neighborhood for my main sims to live in. So I'll make neighbors and cheat their job status, relationships, and use money cheats for their homes--and then just let them be and go back to my main sims who I usually don't use any cheats with. I play sims in a pretty goal oriented way so using job/skill/etc. cheats on my main sims takes away my reasons for playing
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    In any game I play, whether I"m using cheats or not, I really hate the "If you can't play without cheating... don't you like the challenge ... etc. etc." folks. When you pay for my games and if I'm working for you by playing a game, then you can tell me how to play. I don't care if someone cheats or not in their own games. You aren't any better than anybody else if you cheat or if you DON'T cheat.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    There's many different play styles in the Sims. It's not technically "cheating". And personally, Im more of a story player. Like in my own mind, my sims have a background and a history already before I place them. Some are established, middle class or upper class and some will have to work their way from the bottom to the top, its like that in real life. And its like that in the Sims. We're all on different levels.

I am creating my own world save, I mentioned it before, and I am going to create some households that have money and a big house and some who don't it will be more fun that way than playing just poor sims. Can't wait!

If someone is actually being judgmental about using cheats, then thats just silly on their part.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I was never one to cheat up the needs of my Sims, but quite frankly, I find the needs of my Sims drain so quickly in this iteration. Now, I do my very best to not 'help' out my toddlers, unless it's a dire situation, which normally it's not. So, I do leave myself a good challenge, as it were. But, with one Sim being a Global Superstar, for which I love to follow to work, oftentimes the wee ones get neglected, even when a parent is left with them. Go figure, eh? Daycare doesn't really help much, either. I use the MCCC mod, which makes it very easy to quickly fix a Sims' needs. Yesterday in my game playing session, my singer Sim was on stage in the middle of a set. Suddenly, he has a bad need to pee! :open_mouth: I thought it too odd for him to leave the stage and go relieve himself in the nearby bathroom, so I cheated his needs back up. Normally speaking I cheat them up before a concert, and I do know I checked his status prior, so why he suddenly had this pressing need is beyond me.

I used to be one of those snooty players who thought that cheating needs was beneath me, and that is truly was 'cheating'. I had the singular notion that if a player couldn't properly tend their Sim, it was all on the player. I have reformed.

My name is GalacticGal, and I am a Cheater …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    One thing I absolutely will not cheat is their skill level. Or their needs. That would take any any sense of accomplishment from my sims lives . But I will cheat their money.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Personally, I never cheat motives or skills - those are the challenges I enjoy, but some people have other goals, and don't want to stop to feed their Sims. And I know that many people do like to limit their Sims' money to what they can earn. It's always been a sandbox game - it's up to the player to find the play style that works for him or her.

I think that's probably why sticking to cheating the last tiers of the aspirations works for me. I get annoyed by taking care of my Sims' needs, too, but with the extra aspiration points, getting the reward traits that get rid of their needs is actually a feasible goal.

I’ll cheat aspiration goals that don’t fit my Sim’s story. For example, I have a Sim doing the City Native aspiration. He’s a Loner so very reclusive; he really wouldn’t the type to give out his key or kiss someone at the Romance Festival so I skipped over those goals. (I’m mainly playing him to get enough inventory to open a gallery and photo studio for other Sims to visit.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    I never cheat with motherlode - half the fun is earning the money, plus, beyond a certain point, you HAVE SO MUCH. I also don't cheat up skills or motives. I think about the only thing I've actively used cheats for is getting the bean tree (since they never run that event anymore and I missed it), and resetting critically stuck Sims. Like I've had townies SOMEHOW get stuck behind staircases with no way out, and I've had to reset them so they don't die alone and forgotten pleading for help beneath everyone's feet.

On the topic of cheats, is there any way to access the hidden households? For instance, my Sim is a detective, and the criminals he arrests when he closes out cases aren't listed in the normal unplayed households listing. I've had to get to super good friend status with said criminals, move them in, then split the household to get them into the neighborhood listing.
    I'd also like to see the ghosts as well. There's one who pops up in haunted apartments, and he's UGLY, and he desperately needs a makeover.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I occasionally use cheats when I just placed a family I already have a backstory for. I tend to cheat the money and skills often in those situations. Sometimes, I even cheat to reduce the money my families have because they just get too much and I imagine them being rather poor or middle class. I also use moveobjects for building and cas.fulleditmode.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I use cheats. Mainly for building (move objects, etc). Some families are "cheat" families and some I don't use any at all and build and handle moods and jobs myself. Or sometimes I do both, and mother lode money into the family, build, then cheat it out. 😂 I don't use mood/skill/job/relationship cheats unless I'm desperate or I need them for the existing storyline. I don't think there's a wrong or right way to play, just have fun. I probably split my time pretty evenly between using cheats and not, except I'll almost always use them in build mode.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Can someone please tell me how to cheat for filling up needs/money. I need to know, haha! I have MCCC now if that helps.
  • mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I cheat sometimes. I almost always use the free real estate cheat when moving my sims in because $20,000 isn't enough for my "starter" homes I build. In my let's play videos, I try to stay away from cheating to create more of a challenge for myself, but when I play off-camera, I use motherlode to my heart's content. I think it just matters on how I feel mostly!
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Can someone please tell me how to cheat for filling up needs/money. I need to know, haha! I have MCCC now if that helps.

I'm sure I've seen other sites with lists of all the cheats, but I can't recall where I've seen them. Hope this EA link helps :)
    https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/how-to-cheat#q2