Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Money Deposits?

So random amounts of money anywhere between 100-20,000 simoleons keep being added to my family funds and I am not sure why. I looked around and found that it might be related to a vehicle value glitch but I didn't find any ways to fix it. I do not own any property or anything like that.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    There is a bug where a vehicle somewhere in town, although I think it's usually (not always) an abandoned one that gets left on or near your own residential lot, gets sold and the active household gets the money. I've seen this happen myself maybe three or four times over the years. I can tell it's the bug because the amount added is always the precise amount of a mid- to expensively priced vehicle that I can see in the Build/Buy catalog. There can be no other reason for them to have suddenly gained §102,500 or something that exact.

For those using mods, NRaas StoryProgression has an Accounting report that can be run on the household to see where income and expenses are coming from over time in case there is any doubt. MasterController can be used to reset the family funds to where they should be (i.e., add a negative amount to take the sudden windfall away).

I don't know how to fix the end result without mods, buy your neighbors a car or some hot tubs maybe? And I don't think there is a fix to stop it from happening entirely. This happens in your game quite often?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2019
    @igazor Thanks for replying! This is the first time I've ever seen it happen over the years. It happened a couple times today, one with 19,500 which I used family funds to clear and then again with smaller amounts. I also had a few other weird little glitches in that save that I just started. Like music playing JUST near my sim and problems inviting people over. I ended up deleting that file since it hadn't gone very far and just made a new one that seems glitch free so far. Also I had no idea that StoryProgression had that feature. I'll definitely check it out.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I know you deleted your save but here are a couple of possible explanations to the issues:

If you have Showtime EP there is a portable music player that when bought and put in inventory can autonomously be used by sims, and the music is audible only when zooming in on them - as well as the colourful musical notes visibly streaming from their ears.

Same problem, without the music player but also from Showtime, an issue with the magician career:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Strange-Music-coming-from-my-sim/td-p/2302001

Problems to invite over discussed:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/242812/cant-invite-sims-over-anymore-they-agree-to-come-and-then-something-suddenly-comes-up

The 'Phone' XML talks about the level of long term relation as criteria for the possibility of a successful invitation; the Invite Romantic Interest Over DMTR (that I don't know how to understand, yet?) about traits.

If anyone is interested, these are the ways I have found to balance the household account in vanilla/unmodded game (never noticed that bug though, that was a treat!):

good/evil trait gives option of charity on mailbox - if the patience is enough, highest sum is 1000 simoleans; but a moodlet comes with it. Base game.

Generations have a social interaction to 'give present' to anyone who is a 'friend', otherwise declined; anything from personal/family inventory goes and an apple is as much worth as gift as a car - your friend's happiness.

Into The Future gives option to hand over money at Town Hall, reward: future renown.

Cheating of course:
    testingcheatsenabled true
    familyfunds [last name] [sum]
    testingcheatsenabled false

The specified sum is what the household will have.