Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby removed from crib shown in new render #freethebabies

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I have my doubts on this as well so will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    TS4_440_GENEALOGY_1k_White.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

They have made a similar render when they made the family tree update.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

*False advertisement*
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited January 2019
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant we can't be too surprised about this as it has happened ever since The Sims 2 Announce Trailer as it was nothing like the gameplay.

(link for the The Sims 2 announcement trailer)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I would LOVE it if that were true, but I’m skeptical. Although, the baby in the latest render seems much more animated then in the previous ones and also the dad is holding baby more upright, almost on his hip than in the other renders. The babies in the other renders are being held by both arms instead of just one. But that’s just me picking it apart, lol.
  • Options
    mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I hope they "free the babies" soon! I would want more things to do with them though and new build/buy items. Different cribs, changing tables, strollers!!
  • Options
    Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I hope if they free them we can bath them in the sink again that was so cute :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would love to see babies freed from being objects. It would be great to have a changing table crib, clothes, baby swing, baby mat, be able to put them on a blanket on the floor, carry them around, nurse or bottle feed them sitting on a chair or couch, and have a buggy or stroller to push them around the neighborhood in, I would buy a baby stuff pack that has things mentioned above in it, gosh i’d Buy a GP if it had stuff for babies, toddlers and children, if they update babies.
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2019
    Dont read into it too much as its just a render after all. I would love to see this in the future though
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    It's probably just artistic license. However in addition to freeing babies, I'd love to see kids be able to squabble like the render, pulling pigtails and such as well!
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I hope it's real. The babies stuck in cradles all the time make me sad 😢 Real babies...okay newborns do sleep a lot and can't do a ton for a bit. But babyhood is one of our most interesting ages! It's when we learn about the world around us and begin to understand faces and crawling and rolling over for the first time.

And I really don't see how it'd be an issue to add stuff to this stage (not development wise but pleasing people wise) because if people don't like playing babies anyway they can still just age them up immediately. Not everyone wins but no one loses.

I don't expect them to add all this to the game but I'm just saying...crawling, tummy time, rolling over, maybe a playmat with interactive mobile...those would be nice.

That’s right. The newborns aren’t objects as in TS1.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    Atashi77Atashi77 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Finbar659 said:
    > They have made a similar render when they made the family tree update.

Still, at least to me, the baby in that render looks just like the baby in game, but the baby in the newer render looks different. Like the body is slightly different, as is the face. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think it's exactly the same as in previous baby renders
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Atashi77 wrote: »
    > @Finbar659 said:
    > They have made a similar render when they made the family tree update.

Still, at least to me, the baby in that render looks just like the baby in game, but the baby in the newer render looks different. Like the body is slightly different, as is the face. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think it's exactly the same as in previous baby renders

It is. They have always used the Sims 2 baby in promotional renders, the in-game baby has a onesie on and looks much different.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Hm this explains why this months update got delayed again to february. Big big update incoming.

I don't think so. I think it got delayed because their finishing a Gamepack.
  • Options
    YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    I get what people are saying about them doing the freed babies in previous renders, but am I the only one noticing that in the newest renders the babies look different?? The older renders with the babies look like the ones we have in game now. The renders we got recently look nothing like the babies in game..
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yannoli wrote: »
    I get what people are saying about them doing the freed babies in previous renders, but am I the only one noticing that in the newest renders the babies look different?? The older renders with the babies look like the ones we have in game now. The renders we got recently look nothing like the babies in game..

I see what you mean, but you have to look really closely because the differences are subtle. I think the eyes in the older renders look a lot more like the baby eyes we have in the game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm not sure if it's possible at this point to free the babies without breaking existing saves, especially saves with the object babies already there.

I've come to terms with the object babies, especially since discovering that interacting with them (talking, bouncing, etc.) helps to build up the early stages of Parenting skill if you have the Parenthood pack.

they added toddlers, maybe they could improve babies to.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

*False advertisement*

of course it is.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want the babies freed.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I would be wildly excited if they do this, but I also hope they don't reserve it for those who get the Alexa App. I won't even have that contraption in my RL house, let alone in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2019
    Pegasys wrote: »
    It's probably just artistic license. However in addition to freeing babies, I'd love to see kids be able to squabble like the render, pulling pigtails and such as well!

Yes, the one thing I miss most about children is them not being able to play together without objects like they did in the sims 2 ( cops and robbers, tag etc.)
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Pegasys wrote: »

Yes, the one thing I miss most about children is them not being able to play together without objects like they did in the sims 2 ( cops and robbers, tag etc.)

I so agree. I loved when the kids played together. I liked when they played hopscotch too and Mary Mack, also when they played peek a boo with the toddlers and I think it was Sims 2 when they played patty cake. I loved when the toddlers were taught to sing nursery rhymes. I really miss all those interactions.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    At least they know we want free babies. Hope they are workin' in it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    So, they're going to free the babies from their boring crib? Hmm...good...beri good.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Something I've always noticed is that they always have a different skin in them. It's interesting
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg