Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Besides, Sims 5 just means starting from scratch. Don't anybody kid yourselves; Sims 3 started its packs from scratch just as much as Sims 4, and you had to buy everything all over again. And that was all using the engine of Sims 2!

Just as Sims 4 is starting to feel solid (although I wish they'd upgrade those base worlds - NOW who's with the wishful thinking?) I sure don't want to spend another 400 bucks all over again.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    Hopefully, they will take the time they really need to make a strong base game before releasing TS5. I personally am not a fan of TS4, but I don't want them to rush TS5 out the door like it feels to me they did with TS4. Unfortunately, sacrificing quality to release something quickly in the interest of making money seems to be the order of the day at EA in recent years. I have no faith that it will happen, but let's not release anything until it is actually ready.

I really liked the open world in TS3. Having to wait on a loading screen every time you want to go somewhere gets really, really old. Having said that, I would settle for a compromise. Like being able to travel within a neighborhood or designated area. It is really ridiculous that I have to wait on a loading screen to visit the next door neighbor. Being able to get in your car, bike, motorcycle, or whatever and go somewhere has the realism I like. A modified "open" world would allow for maintaining good game performance without overloading simmers computers/video cards. I have to travel every time I leave a lot for the sake of game performance? Then why were they only able to give us a limited number of lots in the GF pack due to their worrying about maintaining performance? No thanks. I'll pass on that pack.

Also on my wishlist for TS5 is the ability to have a color wheel in CAS/build mode. I doubt that I am the only one who likes my sims outfits and accessories to actually match.

I really love the ability to have your sim go to work like in GTW instead of a rabbit hole. TS5 could do that with all careers while still having the rabbit hole as an option for those times you want to fast forward through work/school and get to play time.

Last, but not least, my own personal pet peeve. I want TS5 houses to have a **** doorbell. I can't imagine that's going to demand a lot of the devs time. Really irritating that if my sim isn't on the main floor, he/she has no idea if somebody is at the door. All of the other sims in the world must think my sim is never home. Just another example of how little attention is paid to detail in TS4.

In summary, TS4? No thank you. I do like some things in TS4 like the graphics and GTW, but overall, no thanks. I just hope they do a good job with TS5, but I sadly have no faith that they will dedicate the time this franchise deserves.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    The core system of the sims 4 itself is broken and not even the DLCs can fix it. Some of its key features are the actual cons of the game imho.

For example, the emotion system is pointless, the trait system is useless, the multitasking is a mess and small world themselves should have been called “towns” instead. The expansion packs feel very shallow and no depth at all, even the new features that have been introduced have a little gameplay on them. Like they always say, innovation is needed but not in this case cuz of the poor execution of these features.

The Sims 5 is personally my only hope for this franchise and if something will gone wrong, imma invest my full time on playing on future games instead such as GTA VI and Fallout 5 and Bully 2.

Sims 5 is gonna come out soon around 2020 eventually. And if I hear any single thing that might remind me of 2013/2014 fiasco. Let’s say, base game launch features that will be missing. Or even the worst: Microtransactions and constant online gameplay. I’m out of the business.
    y'all got bread?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I can't help but say it, I always enjoy your comments @MidnightAura :blush:

:star:

Aww thank you! :)

I never thought I would say this but I don’t want a sims 5. Not because I love the sims 4 and want them to continue milking it making it. But because I don’t believe it will deliver what players want. That being said, I would love to be proved wrong.
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I truly don't see the point of a fifth sims game. It's not because all the content has been flawless or because I feel that it wouldn't be fun, but because I feel that everything people want has either already been delivered or can be added into past/current games. For example, people wanting open world and more customization can go to Sims 3. People who enjoy the graphics and more glitchless gameplay of Sims 4 can stick with that. Just because the newest game isn't perfect doesn't mean that adding new content can't improve it. If you don't like the underlying coding or gameplay, then switching to an earlier sims game would satisfy almost anyone. I don't think we need shiny new graphics and a blank slate to enjoy the series, but instead adding new content that no one has seen along with updates would be more worth the money of both EA and the players. EA doesn't have to code a whole new game and the players don't have to pay for the themed expansions you know they would release over again (Pets, Fame, Seasons, Supernatural lifestates, Jobs). I just don't see why people are so eager to pay for a new game when TS4 hasn't even caught up with the franchise yet.
    edited January 2019
    whimreaper wrote: »
    I truly don't see the point of a fifth sims game. It's not because all the content has been flawless or because I feel that it wouldn't be fun, but because I feel that everything people want has either already been delivered or can be added into past/current games. For example, people wanting open world and more customization can go to Sims 3. People who enjoy the graphics and more glitchless gameplay of Sims 4 can stick with that. Just because the newest game isn't perfect doesn't mean that adding new content can't improve it. If you don't like the underlying coding or gameplay, then switching to an earlier sims game would satisfy almost anyone. I don't think we need shiny new graphics and a blank slate to enjoy the series, but instead adding new content that no one has seen along with updates would be more worth the money of both EA and the players. EA doesn't have to code a whole new game and the players don't have to pay for the themed expansions you know they would release over again (Pets, Fame, Seasons, Supernatural lifestates, Jobs). I just don't see why people are so eager to pay for a new game when TS4 hasn't even caught up with the franchise yet.

Innovation is needed for every product and franchise. Not having trade-offs or cuts whatsoever.

Would you imagine if Rockstar Studio’s Grand Theft Auto V came with no open world not missions? And then have cartoonish graphics and very shallow gameplay. And let’s say the cars and vehicles added in a patch 4 years after the game launch?

The people might just actually go back playing GTA San Andreas and GTA Liberty City, am I right?

That particular scenario is literally what the sims 4’s state is.

Fortunately, R* Studios is too perfect to have any miserable thing to happen and completely ruin the franchise. Unlike *coughs* Electronic Arts *coughs*

What they did is that they notably improved every single thing that they’ve made from the previous games like the cars, characters, open worlds, rendering, and optimisation. And still got time to introduced entirely new gimmicks for the franchise. And attracting a massive number of new players while maintains and having not to disappoint the older/veteran ones.

Unlike EA that would have to take some trade-offs in order to deliver entirely “new game experience” for the consumers. Like what the plum.

So imagine a game developer telling you, for the record, this is a fact, to tell you to just play the former sims game because it already had the things you’ve been wanting for the current game cuz they completely abandoned you and catered more on the newbies instead. Where’s the innovation and gratefulness to us, the passionate and loyal fans?

Anyways, like I said before, I’m actually still hoping for the fifth instalment of the sims franchise. I religiously hate EA but not on Maxis.

Imagine if Maxis manages to escape from EA’s prison and became its own publisher. A new iteration might take 5 years or more to develop the perfect base game. But that will only happen in my dreams at night.

The world is evil and one of the reasons for that is EA’s shady tactics. Lmaoo

y'all got bread?
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I struggled this whole iteration and I came to a point where I simply can't run TS4 at all. I don't know if I would buy TS5 as I no longer have any brand loyalty and would inspect a bunch of reviews before making a decision, but TS4 continuing has absolutely no positives for me from a purely selfish point of view.
  • Lexera1000Lexera1000 Posts: 22 Member
    Unless they are working on a revolutionary software that makes sims action really realistic I don't see te point right now to have a new Sim game. To have an open world that your pc can hardly load? To be forced to choose wich expansion to play because your computer melt if you use all of them? To have a more realistic graphic that after 2 years looks odd (if not from the beginning,yes I'm talking to you pudding face)? No thanks :smile:
    o3fP5ky.jpg

Gallery ID Mimicrysims
    Lexera1000 wrote: »
    Unless they are working on a revolutionary software that makes sims action really realistic I don't see te point right now to have a new Sim game. To have an open world that your pc can hardly load? To be forced to choose wich expansion to play because your computer melt if you use all of them? To have a more realistic graphic that after 2 years looks odd (if not from the beginning,yes I'm talking to you pudding face)? No thanks :smile:

I must admit that Sims 4’s art style is aging very well, and what I mean it is really doing great. Who may have thought that console sales are still high for a game that has been out 4 years ago. That will be the key.

Anyways, I didn’t mean like ultra-realistic graphics or uncanny valley effect of some sort (or anything else that some of you might assume). I was actually about to say the cartoonish but realistic graphics from the sims medieval. It felt like. mix of sims 4 and sims 3’s art style in single game.

And did you just assumed that I included GTA world size and open world to criticize the sims 4? Off course not.

And as for the expansion packs stuffs and realistic sims... I actually have something to say about that. But that would only make me entitled the villain of the story Lmao

If anyone here is wondering if why I am acting like this. Let’s say being subjective or mean in some form. It’s mainly because that I am a redditor and I usually converse with a specific person and not everyone else. Next
    y'all got bread?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EA is going to milk Sims 4 for all they can get and then move on. Anyone’s guess as to what or when that will be, but TS4 is not going to last forever. No software is ever designed to, and frankly the complaining about buying new software after X amount of years is just laughable. Things cost money and if you don’t want to spend that money then you will simply be left without whatever is being offered.

As for a Sims 5 - EA needs a whole new creative team and a new management team as well. The management making the decisions on 4 was, and continues to be one of it’s problem areas. They are out of touch with not only their fan base, but also their target market which ultimately results in LOTS of cringe-worthy in-game content taking priority. Talking toilet? Wrestling masked townies? Baby Ariel? Robot vacuums for cats? These are the definition of novelties that were put way higher on the Maxis priority list than they needed to be. Who chose that? Management. For any redeeming quality Sims 4 has there are easily 3 more that are just stupid and hurt the game. In general I find 4 to be boring and lifeless compared to the others, but that is just my opinion. The game offered no real upgrades and now features that we’re offered day 1 previously are being advertised as major innovations. My 2 cents, that shows the limits of their creativity and capability with this game. Honestly it won’t be any better for a new game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2019
    jvliajuliq wrote: »
    i wouldn't be so hyped for the sims 5 bc idk... 5 is a big number when it comes to games, and i really don't think what else can you possibly think of like,,, so far there's been EVERYTHING in the sims games, although i wish rhe sims 4 was a lil bit more similar to ts3 i don't have any ideas about what ts5 could be. and neither do maxis, i think.

No, they have never let us determine the era, the objects, the clothes etc. Of course we can do this with custom content, but we still had to deal with roads, modern day transportatioin going past the lot, and Sims still wanting to use a modern object. It would be revolutionary if players chose the era their Sims lived in, what objects they would desire to use for fun and needs, and a set of circumstances of whether you sit on the edge of a chair (such as in Edwardian days) or slumped on the couch like modern day. What different manners the player would add to which eras etc. And if there was ever a casual Friday all week long where Sims wear jeans all the time (modern day) or something more suitable and proper for the task and or career they had in past eras.

We have never been given the tools or the options to set up our own sandbox, being able to block out cell phones, and or adding stick ball game instead of TV. We've never been able to control the townies (without cheats and or mods) and or the populations, and or who or what they were, again without mods and or cheats. We've never been able to toggle what clothes or animations and or behaviours they would have even for our own Sims.

Giving us a game we practically write ourselves and they supply the tools and get out of the way, would be a revolutionary idea.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Lexera1000Lexera1000 Posts: 22 Member
    Lexera1000 wrote: »

I must admit that Sims 4’s art style is aging very well, and what I mean it is really doing great. Who may have thought that console sales are still high for a game that has been out 4 years ago. That will be the key.

Anyways, I didn’t mean like ultra-realistic graphics or uncanny valley effect of some sort (or anything else that some of you might assume). I was actually about to say the cartoonish but realistic graphics from the sims medieval. It felt like. mix of sims 4 and sims 3’s art style in single game.

And did you just assumed that I included GTA world size and open world to criticize the sims 4? Off course not.

And as for the expansion packs stuffs and realistic sims... I actually have something to say about that. But that would only make me entitled the villain of the story Lmao

If anyone here is wondering if why I am acting like this. Let’s say being subjective or mean in some form. It’s mainly because that I am a redditor and I usually converse with a specific person and not everyone else. Next

In my opinion the Sims 4 is aging well because it's not realistic.
    I think that if you want to create a game with more realistic graphic you've to use "ultra-realistic graphics or uncanny valley effects" or after two years it looks old and odd. The Sims 3 graphic was an attempt to use a more realistic graphic but, to me, it wasn't good since the beginning and you were forced to download a ton of CC if you want a Sim that doesn't have a pudding face.
    I don't care if the world is big and realistic if my sims looks like a lifeless doll, but this is just my taste.
    Since I don't think that will be possible to have a good realistic graphic in a game like the Sims that needs to compute so many things at the same time, the only thing I hope is that they are aiming for a more realistic behaviour and not for more realistic graphic, or we will have the same problems we had in the Sims 3.
    I hope I was able to explain what I mean, sorry but english is not my language :)
    o3fP5ky.jpg

Gallery ID Mimicrysims
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited January 2019
    EA is going to milk Sims 4 for all they can get and then move on. Anyone’s guess as to what or when that will be, but TS4 is not going to last forever. No software is ever designed to, and frankly the complaining about buying new software after X amount of years is just laughable. Things cost money and if you don’t want to spend that money then you will simply be left without whatever is being offered.

As for a Sims 5 - EA needs a whole new creative team and a new management team as well. The management making the decisions on 4 was, and continues to be one of it’s problem areas. They are out of touch with not only their fan base, but also their target market which ultimately results in LOTS of cringe-worthy in-game content taking priority. Talking toilet? Wrestling masked townies? Baby Ariel? Robot vacuums for cats? These are the definition of novelties that were put way higher on the Maxis priority list than they needed to be. Who chose that? Management. For any redeeming quality Sims 4 has there are easily 3 more that are just stupid and hurt the game. In general I find 4 to be boring and lifeless compared to the others, but that is just my opinion. The game offered no real upgrades and now features that we’re offered day 1 previously are being advertised as major innovations. My 2 cents, that shows the limits of their creativity and capability with this game. Honestly it won’t be any better for a new game.

I fully disagree with your post @drake_mccarty nothing is wrong with what is added in the sims4 and the current team do a great job you also need to see that tech change so games have to adapt take a look at ipad games most game on ipad you have to buy the extra content that's how things go today and you need to think that the sims5 might be like the sims4 where you have to purchase the extra content eather as dlc stuffpack game packs or expansion the game industries will not be going back to like it was back in 1999 or the year 2000 so as players we also need to adapt and ajust
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    I agree. I don't want to see a sims 5 game any time soon. Especially if they do not make the base game complete by forgoing pools, toddlers, and terrain tools at the beginning.

The sims 4 is the first sims game I have invested in by buying expansion and stuff packs. I had never done that with the sims 1,2, or 3 to the extent that i have currently with the Sims 4. I'm not exactly sure why I did it with the sims 4 but it felt like each pack was essential in some way to the gameplay and made it fun.

I would not buy the sims 5 unless it was breathtaking and the build mode was complete with different types of stairs and levels for a house and had more building options that I can't even think of right now. The sims AI would have to be complete as well and stories and events would have to be memorable to them and have lasting effect.

As it is now, I have spent a fortune on this game and I am not wanting to move on and I don't think I will after this iteration of the Sims is complete.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I fully disagree with your post @drake_mccarty nothing is wrong with what is added in the sims4 and the current team do a great job you also need to see that tech change so games have to adapt take a look at ipad games most game on ipad you have to buy the extra content that's how things go today and you need to think that the sims5 might be like the sims4 where you have to purchase the extra content eather as dlc stuffpack game packs or expansion the game industries will not be going back to like it was back in 1999 or the year 2000 so as players we also need to adapt and ajust

If there's market choice, no reason to put up with content that was previously included getting piecemealed into little packs. Unfortunately there's no market choice so simmers would even buy 100 skins for sticks if EA released it. That does not mean that there's nothing wrong with what has been added to The Sims 4.

Let's do expansions only, shall we?

1. Get To Work versus The Sims 3 Ambitions. 2 Less careers. There's a retail system, however said retail system falls short in comparison to The Sims 2 Open For Business, as not only did the AI work a lot better in The Sims 2, rather than coming to your store to participate in conversions, you had a much greater choice as to what you can run, as you could run a retail business, but also a variety of "charge per entry" businesses with the ticket machine (think gallery, amusement park, casino), you could run a restaurant and all of these businesses you could run from home.

Instead of getting one complete system with Get To Work, you later bought parts of this system in Dine Out and Cats and Dogs. However with the lack of a ticketing machine or the ability to run business from home you're still more constrained than you were in a 14 year old game.

2. Get Together. An expansion built around exactly one system. Outside of this one being very devoid of content, this is probably one of the best expansions The Sims 4 has received, as it was entirely new and a highly sandbox experience.

3. City Living. Expansion that is of the same value as a single The Sims 3 world. Its main focus point is apartments, making Apartment Life best comparison. Ignoring that we're no longer getting a new life state with expansions, unlike Apartment Life's Apartments, you can't build apartments yourself, they're tied directly to San Mishuno and San Mishuno only, meaning unlike The Sims 3 where you could still at least place apartment premade buildings in your other neighborhoods, you can't have an apartment in any other area. To go to your neighbour's place you need to pass a loadscreen, you are also constricted to one floor and about 3-4 apartments per building. You have no ability to change the interior of anything outside the apartment your sim bought, meaning that walls left not painted for example were a great deal, as you couldn't just correct devs mistakes yourself. All festivals in San Mishuno mostly use base game stuff and interactions only, there's no sandbox features allowing you to change the festivals, you can not even use food stalls outside of San Mishuno as it requires your sim to hire a vendor every time when you come onto the lot if you placed a food stall elsewhere.
    Considering the lack of meatiness in Get Together, both expansions could have easily been one expansion.

4. Cats and Dogs. Smaller animals missing. Hamsters sold in a stuff pack, together with the objects that complete previously introduced collections from Cats and Dogs making them suspiciously seem like they were meant to be one pack. Cats and Dogs both have less things to do, less toys, less skills and less animations than both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 cats and dogs. You can not control them, terrible AI often is too stupid to even take care of its primary needs, making your sim buy multiple litter boxes, or having to order your cat or dog to eat. The animations that we do have sometimes feel incomplete, such as "dog picking up ball" can result in "ball telleports to dogs mouth". You may not see passerby pets outside of the neighbourhood introduced, performing the same mistake as San Mishuno and forcing you to play inside a specific place, unless of course you pick up a "stray dogs" or "stray cats" house trait, in which case, whole hell of hungry animals that need the toilet will descend on your lawn, if you give them food they're not likely to eat, meaning all you can do is see the cries of suffering right outside your front door.

5. Seasons. Weather effects are now flat, meaning that we're once again beaten by a 14 year old game. Weather is highly non customizable, meaning unlike in The Sims 3 you can't set each season's days individually, nor can you forego specific seasons like you could in The Sims 2. Meaning in both of them you could set a single season to last all year round, or have a weird mixture of seasons, which you can't do in The Sims 4.

I'm not going to talk about Get Famous because I have never tried it, nor am I going to try it.
    mirta000 wrote: »

If there's market choice, no reason to put up with content that was previously included getting piecemealed into little packs. Unfortunately there's no market choice so simmers would even buy 100 skins for sticks if EA released it. That does not mean that there's nothing wrong with what has been added to The Sims 4.

Let's do expansions only, shall we?

1. Get To Work versus The Sims 3 Ambitions. 2 Less careers. There's a retail system, however said retail system falls short in comparison to The Sims 2 Open For Business, as not only did the AI work a lot better in The Sims 2, rather than coming to your store to participate in conversions, you had a much greater choice as to what you can run, as you could run a retail business, but also a variety of "charge per entry" businesses with the ticket machine (think gallery, amusement park, casino), you could run a restaurant and all of these businesses you could run from home.

Instead of getting one complete system with Get To Work, you later bought parts of this system in Dine Out and Cats and Dogs. However with the lack of a ticketing machine or the ability to run business from home you're still more constrained than you were in a 14 year old game.

2. Get Together. An expansion built around exactly one system. Outside of this one being very devoid of content, this is probably one of the best expansions The Sims 4 has received, as it was entirely new and a highly sandbox experience.

3. City Living. Expansion that is of the same value as a single The Sims 3 world. Its main focus point is apartments, making Apartment Life best comparison. Ignoring that we're no longer getting a new life state with expansions, unlike Apartment Life's Apartments, you can't build apartments yourself, they're tied directly to San Mishuno and San Mishuno only, meaning unlike The Sims 3 where you could still at least place apartment premade buildings in your other neighborhoods, you can't have an apartment in any other area. To go to your neighbour's place you need to pass a loadscreen, you are also constricted to one floor and about 3-4 apartments per building. You have no ability to change the interior of anything outside the apartment your sim bought, meaning that walls left not painted for example were a great deal, as you couldn't just correct devs mistakes yourself. All festivals in San Mishuno mostly use base game stuff and interactions only, there's no sandbox features allowing you to change the festivals, you can not even use food stalls outside of San Mishuno as it requires your sim to hire a vendor every time when you come onto the lot if you placed a food stall elsewhere.
    Considering the lack of meatiness in Get Together, both expansions could have easily been one expansion.

4. Cats and Dogs. Smaller animals missing. Hamsters sold in a stuff pack, together with the objects that complete previously introduced collections from Cats and Dogs making them suspiciously seem like they were meant to be one pack. Cats and Dogs both have less things to do, less toys, less skills and less animations than both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 cats and dogs. You can not control them, terrible AI often is too stupid to even take care of its primary needs, making your sim buy multiple litter boxes, or having to order your cat or dog to eat. The animations that we do have sometimes feel incomplete, such as "dog picking up ball" can result in "ball telleports to dogs mouth". You may not see passerby pets outside of the neighbourhood introduced, performing the same mistake as San Mishuno and forcing you to play inside a specific place, unless of course you pick up a "stray dogs" or "stray cats" house trait, in which case, whole hell of hungry animals that need the toilet will descend on your lawn, if you give them food they're not likely to eat, meaning all you can do is see the cries of suffering right outside your front door.

5. Seasons. Weather effects are now flat, meaning that we're once again beaten by a 14 year old game. Weather is highly non customizable, meaning unlike in The Sims 3 you can't set each season's days individually, nor can you forego specific seasons like you could in The Sims 2. Meaning in both of them you could set a single season to last all year round, or have a weird mixture of seasons, which you can't do in The Sims 4.

I'm not going to talk about Get Famous because I have never tried it, nor am I going to try it.

Pretty much how I feel. Except I passed on Seasons as well as Get Famous. I am passing on anything else TS4 has to "offer" as well. TS4 has just been a huge disappointment for me. I hope that TS5 will get the franchise back on track to how it was when I fell in love with it, but I seriously doubt that will happen. :'(
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    They haven't advanced much with sims 4 in fact they went backward so if Sims 5 is coming I don't expect much.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    They haven't advanced much with sims 4 in fact they went backward so if Sims 5 is coming I don't expect much.

The only 'backwards' they should do with TS5 is back to full customisation and open worlds like TS3 but with better graphics. A more advanced TS3 would be awesome!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    i CaNT wAiT fOr thE siMs vEe!!!
    y'all got bread?
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited January 2019
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    I think people are being way too dismissive whenever anyone criticises open worlds. Gaming computers are expensive - they're a luxury, and I dare say a significant percentage of people are simply not in a position to just throw $1000, give or take a couple of hundred, on buying the latest and most up to date gaming PC. I think those people, and I include myself, are well within their right to not want an open world in the Sims 5 if they believe they wouldn't be able to play it due to endless lagging and crashing. Even many with high-end PCs had performance issues.

Now, the Sims 3's problems are well documented - even its biggest proponents will agree that the game was just poorly optimised from the onset - so any future game won't necessarily suffer the same issues, but it's a valid concern for those of us who can no longer play the Sims 3 because it crashes all the time.

Open neighbourhoods could be a good compromise between open world and closed world, especially if the neighbourhoods are not absolutely huge.

@aaronjc123 I dont think thats fair. And to me, if they were to launch another game that is limited in scope, then thats not very exciting. No one wants a game with a ton of limitations. We want more freedom, thats why we play games like sims Ideally. I will not be interested in sims 5, if it isnt open world and has no create a style, thats like buying Sims 4 all over again . I will not buy it.

The sky should be the limit. Gaming is an investment.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Besides, Sims 5 just means starting from scratch. Don't anybody kid yourselves; Sims 3 started its packs from scratch just as much as Sims 4, and you had to buy everything all over again. And that was all using the engine of Sims 2!

Just as Sims 4 is starting to feel solid (although I wish they'd upgrade those base worlds - NOW who's with the wishful thinking?) I sure don't want to spend another 400 bucks all over again.

well of course you have to start over again, hence the number next to each series.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

well of course you have to start over again, hence the number next to each series.

Which means you have to spend your money all over again - you do know video games and DLC cost money, right?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    My pappy always advised me to never throw good money after bad. So I'm done "investing" in TS4.

Probably done period as I have little faith that the next iteration will be of the high quality standards I desire. Which is really sad for me to have to say, but I think I've been patient enough while waiting several years for them to get their act together.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    My pappy always advised me to never throw good money after bad. So I'm done "investing" in TS4.

Probably done period as I have little faith that the next iteration will be of the high quality standards I desire. Which is really sad for me to have to say, but I think I've been patient enough while waiting several years for them to get their act together.

I concur with your assessment. That's pretty much where I'm at, too. I've been trying to come back to the franchise after several years past the unsatisfying base game... but its subsequent content packs have just been so bland and disappointing to me.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    marcel21 wrote: »

Which means you have to spend your money all over again - you do know video games and DLC cost money, right?

That's the point of a different sims game, you have to start over again and pay for packs, yes i do know, no idea why you asked me that question since i made my point already lol!!!

dlc cost money, since i paid for all mine dlc, then yes it would be hard not to realize it cost money ;)
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon