Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extended Family PLEASE!

LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I know I am just sounding like a broken record of many simmers before me, but, PLEASE can't we have our step parents/siblings, in-laws, cousins (1st, 2nd, 3rd), great/great great grand parents, and what-nots added to the family trees?

In addition, I'd really like family interactions to be more familial and not just friend to friend like it currently is. How about having sims have interactions talking about things they already know about each other? Like, have siblings tease each other about their school crushes or threaten to tell other kids/teens about their siblings crush (blackmail for homework/chores...if we ever get any etc.), have a wife go with spouse to company gathering and meet co-workers and learns the trait of one very friendly female co-worker that is a hopeless romantic/romantic sim and became "wary" of that sim. Show that specific flirty sim in suspicious spouse's Relationships panel as "Acquaintance" and "Wary" or "Suspicious". This can be useful with jealous, insecure, and family oriented sims. The suspicious spouse could then have interactions where they ask the spouse about their day at work and fish for info to see if the flirty sim gets mentioned (gets a chat bubble over the spouses head so the player knows they came up in conversation and can choose next interactions according to their desired game play). They can have little jealously flareups and, depending on the spouse's flag to either allow or not allow affairs, they can argue back or try to assure the insecure spouse.

I don't know, just...interactions amongst family should not be 98% identical to that between friends. IMO
Post edited by LexLennon on

Comments

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    I have always thought that the Sims could be a great learning tool for small things. Genealogy, Architecture, Design, Plant Science etc. Of course in small unobtrusive doses.

For example
    • When you have extended family trees and the relationships are labeled then more people would understand 2nd cousin once removed, Great-Great, stepfamily relationships and half siblings etc.
    • Including the latin name in the description of plants when they are real world plants
    • When they include design elements that are specific to a design movement they talk about it in the description.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • p1nkghostiiep1nkghostiie Posts: 2 New Member
    I made extended families for both of my sims in one of my saves and i really like the idea of them being closer than just "friends." Like having two family members that really tease each other and stuff. Also i would like to have a social event like "family reunion"
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    We should be able to have aunt/uncle/niece/nephew/grandparent/cousin options for relationships already available in CAS.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    We should be able to have aunt/uncle/niece/nephew/grandparent/cousin options for relationships already available in CAS.

I totally agree with you @AshtontoAshton22 200%
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • emilysemilys Posts: 24 Member
    To that end: I wish memories would make a comeback! It would be nice to have my Legacy sims not be for nothing..
    Ratpicklerick.png
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    emilys wrote: »
    To that end: I wish memories would make a comeback! It would be nice to have my Legacy sims not be for nothing..

I'm honestly wanting memories to be organized differently. Like when you're playing a certain family in a save, only that family's memories would come up when playing them.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LexLennon wrote: »
    I know I am just sounding like a broken record of many simmers before me, but, PLEASE can't we have our step parents/siblings, in-laws, cousins (1st, 2nd, 3rd), great/great great grand parents, and what-nots added to the family trees?

In addition, I'd really like family interactions to be more familial and not just friend to friend like it currently is. How about having sims have interactions talking about things they already know about each other? Like, have siblings tease each other about their school crushes or threaten to tell other kids/teens about their siblings crush (blackmail for homework/chores...if we ever get any etc.), have a wife go with spouse to company gathering and meet co-workers and learns the trait of one very friendly female co-worker that is a hopeless romantic/romantic sim and became "weary" of that sim. Show that specific flirty sim in Relationships panel as "Acquaintance" and "Weary" or "Suspicious". This can be useful with jealous family oriented sims. They can now have interactions where they ask about the spouse's day at work and fish for info to see if the weary sim gets mentioned. They can have little jealously flareups and depending on the spouses flag to either allow or not allow affairs they can argue back or try to assure the insecure spouse.

I don't know, just...interactions amongst family should not be 98% identical to that between friends. IMO

Yaaaaasssss.
    LSM36 wrote: »
    And can we fix genealogy? Sims can be cousins but not even have the aunt or uncle in their personal family tree. And when there's limited ancestors, we should be able to make a create-a-sim portrait. And have the option of having that sim in world or not. And editing relationships.

Like:
    1. You have a sim you're making and decide to make her parents too. Cool.
    2. But you want her to take after her Grandma who doesn't exist. POP On Over to "Edit-Geneology-Mode"(trademark pending lol). Make Grandma add her traits. Maybe give her some fulfilled lifetime achievements (myb sims 3 era stuff). Add her beaus.
    3. Grandma married Grandpa Elroy but dated Louis Marx first, and Mom looks just like him.😱
    4. We could have a panel for "Past Relationships" sims can be exes. Ex bffs etc, without us having to cheat it all. Or suffer through it.
    5. Ooooh and we could add a "Search for Ancestry " sims who are the first in their families can have randomized backstories of where their ppl are from. Sims with ancestors can learn about the lives they lived.
    6. And I can FINALLY add relatives. MCC only has parent or siblings, or kids. What about aunts and uncle? Or if you have a relationship with multiple spouses we could have Mom/Dad #x or a difference between bio-parents and raising parents.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    EP
    University
    (introduction of private schools like in TS2 (they give you a plus on your apptitude test or a special scholarship), grungy clothing, apptitude test or scholarship, lots of different majors, new jobs ONLY available if you graduated from university (e.g. dentist, architect, teacher, lawyer), new items like bunk beds, murphy beds, keg stands, juice-pong-table, laptops, comic books, kicky bag, flying disk, soccer ball, vending machines, mini fridge, pool table, photo both, drums, backpack; new traits (e.g. nerd, socially awkward, irresistable, daredevil, night owl, rebellious, workaholic, easily impressed, great kisser, loser, lucky, never nude, shy, absolutely neccessary (when your Sims' learning bar is at grade "D" they won't go to class on their own, their study progression will slow down drastically but their want to host parties will increase, they are able to use cheat sheets at tests, later in their life they will get to level 9 of every career with less effort than other Sims, but level 10 is nearly impossible to reach for them), new aspirations; new occults: plantsims like we had in TS2; sorority/frat and secret society, new social interactions: hang out, study together, take romantic picture, dance on counter, pillow fight, form a band --> new way to make money or at least recieve tips)

Farming
    (a tractor you can use to harvest your lot; new harvestables like corncobs, wheat, barley, rye; you can bring it to a mill and recieve flour, flour can be used to bake bread; animals like cows, chicken, sheep, pigs; cows give milk and you can make butter and cheese from it; chicken give eggs; sheep give wool and you can spin it with a spinning wheel, use a sewing maching to make clothes; pigs and cows give meat; pottery table; canning station; you can sell these items at the local market with an object working like the saletables we have in game already; clothing for ALL ages that looks rural and matching b/b styles for all rooms, new traits: eco-friendly, frugal, born salesperson, coward, technophobe, handy; new aspirations)

GP
    Winter Vacation
    (new world inspired by Scandinavia, more winter clothing for ALL ages, cross-country skiing (off screen with tasks and different outcomes like in Jungle Adventures and maybe - rumor has it - you can find a yeti), new objects like a snowboarding halfpipe with a contest, souvenir rack, hot spring, ax throwing, snow slide, bear rug; new social interaction: put snow in another Sims' collar (mischief), new party type: après-ski; new traits: tea lover, nectar lover; hates tea, hates nectar)

European Adventures
    (new world inspired by Paris and London, high fashion clothing, lots of new hairstyles, new party type: tea party (e.g. with a tea set like from the TS3 store), nectar-making skill, new party type: nectar tasting, a model career tied to the new world --> lot is in the world like the studio is in Del Sol Valley, new traits: diva. dramatic, proper)

SP
    Bed- & Bathroom
    (new pajamas and bathrobe for ALL ages, lingerie, out of bed hairstyles and some normal styles as well, loft beds, new showers, bathtub, lots of clutter, premium object: in ground whirlpool)

Teen Stuff
    (clothes and hairstlyes exclusively for teens to make them more unique; furniture to give teens more individuality, new addition for ages teens and up: piercings; premium "content": prom: an event only your teen Sims can attend at a special lot at the end of the teenager life stage - maybe with chance cards for different outcomes)

Patches
    NPC update: Burglar and Police
    Stairs update: Spiral, ladder, L-shaped, U-shaped
    Pool update: slide, pool bar, diving board, play Marco Polo

First of all, like everything 😍
    But I'll only address a few:
    1. I hope that burglars would be togglable. I don't want them in my game. When you invite ppl over you have to unlock the door, and sometimes randos show up. I don't need robbers just walking in too.
    2. Farming so awesome, and you mentioned eco-friendly, they could work in the stuff from the stuff pack they ditched for Laundry Days.
    3. Prom would be soo fun.
    4. I like the increase in education, but do you think it'd end up like Sims 3 where you leave home and follow the ones who went to college. I want it to be more like a career like get to work, "Go To School ", "Hit Uni". I don't want to have to babysit one sim over all others.

But that's how I feel about all the things we want fixed. Like Fix it, but don't make me have to coddle one sim at a time. Give me babies that I can hold in a rocking chair. And take pictures with. Fill up a BABY BOOK and idk make a HOPE CHEST for their wedding day. Start putting money into their College Fund.
    1. Quick segue: we should have vocational schools too. Other options than just college, so kids/teens/ya's have more options.
    2. And just like when you make them in create-a-sim at a certain age, they don't have the extra traits that the missed from the previous stage, but it doesn't harm them. Just gives the ones who had that stage a leg up.

Ok I'm back. I want more options in life stages, but that not doing them doesn't make you a bad parent or owner etc. Like:
    1. Playable pets so they can have pet friends, but that you don't have to control them to get them to do stuff. A Halfway point.
    2. Sure you can chose them and go on adventures. OR you can have their owner train them, and send them hunting on their own.
    3. You can interact with your babies, but you can leave them in the crib with a green mood for awhile. Maybe even do FP POV as the baby, and see the world in swiggly colors.
    4. When a parent helps with hw, they can actually sit next to them. Or do it while watching tv.
    5. Teens can sneak out the window, and you can follow them normally. Or rabbit hole it, and trust that they'll have a riot.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    EP
    University
    (introduction of private schools like in TS2 (they give you a plus on your apptitude test or a special scholarship), grungy clothing, apptitude test or scholarship, lots of different majors, new jobs ONLY available if you graduated from university (e.g. dentist, architect, teacher, lawyer), new items like bunk beds, murphy beds, keg stands, juice-pong-table, laptops, comic books, kicky bag, flying disk, soccer ball, vending machines, mini fridge, pool table, photo both, drums, backpack; new traits (e.g. nerd, socially awkward, irresistable, daredevil, night owl, rebellious, workaholic, easily impressed, great kisser, loser, lucky, never nude, shy, absolutely neccessary (when your Sims' learning bar is at grade "D" they won't go to class on their own, their study progression will slow down drastically but their want to host parties will increase, they are able to use cheat sheets at tests, later in their life they will get to level 9 of every career with less effort than other Sims, but level 10 is nearly impossible to reach for them), new aspirations; new occults: plantsims like we had in TS2; sorority/frat and secret society, new social interactions: hang out, study together, take romantic picture, dance on counter, pillow fight, form a band --> new way to make money or at least recieve tips)

Farming
    (a tractor you can use to harvest your lot; new harvestables like corncobs, wheat, barley, rye; you can bring it to a mill and recieve flour, flour can be used to bake bread; animals like cows, chicken, sheep, pigs; cows give milk and you can make butter and cheese from it; chicken give eggs; sheep give wool and you can spin it with a spinning wheel, use a sewing maching to make clothes; pigs and cows give meat; pottery table; canning station; you can sell these items at the local market with an object working like the saletables we have in game already; clothing for ALL ages that looks rural and matching b/b styles for all rooms, new traits: eco-friendly, frugal, born salesperson, coward, technophobe, handy; new aspirations)

GP
    Winter Vacation
    (new world inspired by Scandinavia, more winter clothing for ALL ages, cross-country skiing (off screen with tasks and different outcomes like in Jungle Adventures and maybe - rumor has it - you can find a yeti), new objects like a snowboarding halfpipe with a contest, souvenir rack, hot spring, ax throwing, snow slide, bear rug; new social interaction: put snow in another Sims' collar (mischief), new party type: après-ski; new traits: tea lover, nectar lover; hates tea, hates nectar)

European Adventures
    (new world inspired by Paris and London, high fashion clothing, lots of new hairstyles, new party type: tea party (e.g. with a tea set like from the TS3 store), nectar-making skill, new party type: nectar tasting, a model career tied to the new world --> lot is in the world like the studio is in Del Sol Valley, new traits: diva. dramatic, proper)

SP
    Bed- & Bathroom
    (new pajamas and bathrobe for ALL ages, lingerie, out of bed hairstyles and some normal styles as well, loft beds, new showers, bathtub, lots of clutter, premium object: in ground whirlpool)

Teen Stuff
    (clothes and hairstlyes exclusively for teens to make them more unique; furniture to give teens more individuality, new addition for ages teens and up: piercings; premium "content": prom: an event only your teen Sims can attend at a special lot at the end of the teenager life stage - maybe with chance cards for different outcomes)

Patches
    NPC update: Burglar and Police
    Stairs update: Spiral, ladder, L-shaped, U-shaped
    Pool update: slide, pool bar, diving board, play Marco Polo

First of all, like everything 😍
    But I'll only address a few:
    1. I hope that burglars would be togglable. I don't want them in my game. When you invite ppl over you have to unlock the door, and sometimes randos show up. I don't need robbers just walking in too.
    2. Farming so awesome, and you mentioned eco-friendly, they could work in the stuff from the stuff pack they ditched for Laundry Days.
    3. Prom would be soo fun.
    4. I like the increase in education, but do you think it'd end up like Sims 3 where you leave home and follow the ones who went to college. I want it to be more like a career like get to work, "Go To School ", "Hit Uni". I don't want to have to babysit one sim over all others.

But that's how I feel about all the things we want fixed. Like Fix it, but don't make me have to coddle one sim at a time. Give me babies that I can hold in a rocking chair. And take pictures with. Fill up a BABY BOOK and idk make a HOPE CHEST for their wedding day. Start putting money into their College Fund.
    1. Quick segue: we should have vocational schools too. Other options than just college, so kids/teens/ya's have more options.
    2. And just like when you make them in create-a-sim at a certain age, they don't have the extra traits that the missed from the previous stage, but it doesn't harm them. Just gives the ones who had that stage a leg up.

Ok I'm back. I want more options in life stages, but that not doing them doesn't make you a bad parent or owner etc. Like:
    1. Playable pets so they can have pet friends, but that you don't have to control them to get them to do stuff. A Halfway point.
    2. Sure you can chose them and go on adventures. OR you can have their owner train them, and send them hunting on their own.
    3. You can interact with your babies, but you can leave them in the crib with a green mood for awhile. Maybe even do FP POV as the baby, and see the world in swiggly colors.
    4. When a parent helps with hw, they can actually sit next to them. Or do it while watching tv.
    5. Teens can sneak out the window, and you can follow them normally. Or rabbit hole it, and trust that they'll have a riot.

I was in lOVE with KawaiiStacie & ItsMeTroi's MOD for private school. I used it a lot for my Harry Potter themed gameplay and strictly for personal gameplay changed the names of the schools to fit the HP world. For some reason Kawaii Stacie has decided to either scrap Private school MOD all together or stop updating it from lack of interest, but it was the absolute BEST!!!! I wish there were two choices in gameplay where sims can attend school or university and at the end of the day go home OR follow the Sims 3 sort of format where the sim leaves home all together and has to stay at school but go home for winter holiday (2 weeks) and summer break (3 months).

I wish a mode would pick up where KawaiiStacie & ItsMeTroi left off and make a new Private School MOD.