Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hint to University from today's stream???

In today's Maxis Monthly stream, the Simguru dev (SimGuru Hex0) asked the Alexa device for a Sims 2 song, and a song from University came up. He replied, "I did not plan for University to show up" and another guru commented "Alexa knows you better than you know yourself."

Now maybe he worked on Sims 3 University (he had commented he started with Sims 3) or.... maybe he's currently working on Sims 4 University??

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Maybe it was just a coincidence?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Perhaps it might be. I kust wondering since I never watched the stream, did they hinted a pack announcement in the next few weeks?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    But you can’t program an Alexa to respond the way it did. He asked for a sims 2 song, there is no way to manipulate Alexa to give that answer. Kate has already said It was not a hint nor will there be any hints to future content in the Alexa skill.
    TS1299 wrote: »

Perhaps it might be. I kust wondering since I never watched the stream, did they hinted a pack announcement in the next few weeks?

No quite the opposite. They said no releases this month, and then clarified that Maxis Monthly streams will no longer show off any future content or make any announcements pertaining to future content. So basically they now have two streaming series where neither one is dedicated to the game, and is more or less focused on non-game materials.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2019
    Im sure they are already working on it. its a fan favorite. but this was a complete coincidence. I guess it will come this fall.
    But other than that I dont read much to it.
    They clearified it was random and not a hint.
    I mean univercity is confirmed anyways and they know that we know that it will come one day because as i said: its a fan favorite. So the joke could be missleading.
    It was a coincidence after all.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

No quite the opposite. They said no releases this month, and then clarified that Maxis Monthly streams will no longer show off any future content or make any announcements pertaining to future content. So basically they now have two streaming series where neither one is dedicated to the game, and is more or less focused on non-game materials.

Did they really say that? I haven't watched the stream and I thought they just wouldn't show off any future packs (which they never did) & could still show off future free content.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited January 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

Did they really say that? I haven't watched the stream and I thought they just wouldn't show off any future packs (which they never did) & could still show off future free content.

In the comments they said no releases in January, Kate took to Twitter for the rest. From the wording of her tweets it sounds like free content announcements/previews are out.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    They specifically said just because university came up does not mean it is a clue. They answered your question already.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

Wow seriously? What's the point then? The guru garages were already pointless enough; now the only thing we actually had to look forward to is just a clone of it.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited January 2019
    Lol, like 20 seconds after that happened, Kate clarified to everyone that it wasn't a hint for University.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

In the comments they said no releases in January, Kate took to Twitter for the rest. From the wording of her tweets it sounds like free content announcements/previews are out.

I just scrolled through her Twitter feed and I didn't find any tweets that said that. These are the closest I've found:

I just scrolled through her Twitter feed and I didn't find any tweets that said that. These are the closest I've found:

Which is a departure from how the series was sold to players originally:

“Maxis Monthly streams will give players a sneak peek at future content for the game, new updates, a recap of what the Sims team has released, and also showcase some community creations. According to Maxis’ communication plan, this stream is a type of “talk show”

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/20/the-sims-4-first-maxis-monthly-live-stream-set-for-october-2nd-2018/

Today’s stream resembled nothing like the description above. It was a glorified ad for Amazon.
  • BleepbloopBleepbloop Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote] Which is a departure from how the series was sold to players originally:

“Maxis Monthly streams will give players a sneak peek at future content for the game, new updates, a recap of what the Sims team has released, and also showcase some community creations. According to Maxis’ communication plan, this stream is a type of “talk show”

Today’s stream resembled nothing like the description above. It was a glorified ad for Amazon. [/quote]

This is such a good point. I hope people are pointing this out to Gurus on twitter. I see a lot of summers acting really entitled when it comes to new content and information, not all of course, but many people are pretty disrespectful to people they don’t know who are just doing their jobs. But this is different. The tweets sound like fans are out of line for expecting exactly what Maxis told us to expect.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Just a coincidence, but it's safe to say that University is the next EP.
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2019

Which is a departure from how the series was sold to players originally:

https://simsvip.com/2018/09/20/the-sims-4-first-maxis-monthly-live-stream-set-for-october-2nd-2018/

Today’s stream resembled nothing like the description above. It was a glorified ad for Amazon.

They probably initially wanted to showcase some new features (like L-shaped stairs) but it wasn't ready yet so they had to show something else. I'm not mad about it, they should rather fully polish a feature instead of rushing it.
    My guess is that they'll show L-shaped stairs, or at least some other new feature, in the February live stream.
    a256aFi.gif
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    They specifically said that just cause University popped up on the Alexa app that it doesn't mean it's the next expansion pack.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Who says University will be an EP? For all we know,it could be a GP.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what do you find so interesting about uni for sims4? before uni I would much rather see a true vacation expansion pack sims on cruise or in a hotel resort with the option to own a house with a private beach like in the sims2
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • tekena36tekena36 Posts: 41 Member
    I truly hope that they will make sims for university ep or pack. I have been wanting that since Sims 4 has been created.
    Origin: Tekena37 :D
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

The content needed for Uni would be too much for a GP.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited January 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »

The content needed for Uni would be too much for a GP.
    Not necessarily..... if they are going to give it to us as an Expansion pack I would expect to see a full world. Neither get to work or Get Famous gave us the size world I was hoping they would. I don’t want to see a University expansion pack with a small world....if they are going to do that, I would rather just see a GP with a small campus world. I am hoping if they give us an EP they give us dorms, sororities, and apartments, rentals, and homes. This time hopefully we will be able to make out own apartments.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    what do you find so interesting about uni for sims4? before uni I would much rather see a true vacation expansion pack sims on cruise or in a hotel resort with the option to own a house with a private beach like in the sims2

Some people , like me, want more realism, more immersion. Going to college is a huge step in a lot of peoples lives, so its definitely sorely lacking in the sims for players who want to have a fully immersed life simulation @friendlysimmers
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member

Some people , like me, want more realism, more immersion. Going to college is a huge step in a lot of peoples lives, so its definitely sorely lacking in the sims for players who want to have a fully immersed life simulation @friendlysimmers

Same. I do not see University as an integral part of everyone's life because I respect those who can't/choose not to get higher education, but the concept of university just suits a game like TS a lot. Brings a lot of immersion because getting your sim through college makes you more attached to them - it's a struggle in a way, and this game always lacked real struggles. I like when my characters are challenged.

It also makes parties more interesting. Uni EP gives you a real incentive to throw them.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I watched it again and, although the music from University popping out was definitely a coincidence, the fact that the Guru on the stream (the indian one) was surprised by it and said he did not plan it, really sounded like they ARE making an University EP, and that the fact that Alexa played University music was a coincidence to him. Kate was a little concerned that he said this, and after a couple of minutes she said this didn't mean anything. I really believe it was an unintended hint.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I haven't been keeping up with their monthly streams. Are they a good source to find out what is actually being planned for the future of the franchise?