Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What challenges do you play?

The computer I used to play on would just go super slow if I played with more than one sim in a househould, but now since upgrading I've been thinking of having a go at some of the challenges as there is still so much in the game that I haven't actually tried yet. So I'm just curious on what some of the most popular challenges are and what you guys are all playing?

Comments

• simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I'm a big fan of challenges that make me experience the whole game rather than just the parts I play regularly, such as the Box of Chocolates Challenge, the Random Legacy Challenge, the Not-So-Berry Challenge etc. I've also enjoyed a lot of 'mini challenges' such as some of the CAS challenges and the Photographer Collections Challenge
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I started with the Disney Princess legacy and turned my final heiress for that into the 100 baby challenge. I am over halfway through it. I am going to do the Not So Berry challenge once the 100 baby is done.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    @simwolf Thanks for the links, I haven't heard of those so will check them out.

@ccarrig_95 I like the idea of using the last heir for another challenge.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have done variations of legacy challenges, the 100 challenge (before toddlers), black widow challenge, homeless challenge (basic rags to riches), asylum challenge (controlling only 1 sim of 8), and Not so Berry.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I don't really do any challenges, as challenges usually mean restricting myself in the way I play the game, but the ones that interest me the most are the legacy or black widow challenge. The 7 toddler challenge seems quite fun too. I'm planning on doing atleast one of those challenges in the future, but I need to have the time and patience to do it I guess.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I like to play legacy-type challenges, because I like to follow the story of a family and see how their genetics evolve. I like the classic legacy challenge, the not-so-berry challenge, and the upgrowth challenge. I don't even use cc anymore for the upgrowth challenge, it's partially historical, starting in 1890's, but between vampires and get famous I feel like there is plenty of historical looking content now to make my game look accurate.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I've done several, though I'm more liberal with my rules. If a rule makes a challenge 'unfun' I ignore it while keeping to the spirit of the challenge (and making it, you know, challenging). Right now I have a Legacy but it's more of a gameplay legacy than a challenge and I'm doing the Berry Pastel Rainbowcy.

I've done a Bachelorette challenge but eliminated all the 'competitions' because I wanted the winner to be based in a real relationship and I've seen some incompatible couples come out of challenges where the winner was based almost purely on winning contests, LOL.

I also have a mod called 'Simder' that has a 'blind date' option and I did my own "50 Blind Dates" with it. Reaching 50 was a lot of fun (there were repeats of course). I'm actually thinking of doing something like that to find the spouse for my next generation in my legacy, with aging turned off temporarily.

In the past, I started the 50 Foal Challenge in TS3 but didn't get as far as I'd like after my game got really buggy.

I'm thinking of doing the Not So Berry because I like those rules and the different generational themes, some of which are playstyles I've never played before. And I'd like to seriously tackle a 100 baby challenge.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    Is there a list of these challenges somewhere? I'm familiar with the legacy challenge, but none of the others.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    FireftrLt wrote: »
    Is there a list of these challenges somewhere? I'm familiar with the legacy challenge, but none of the others.

Yes, check this forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

There's a huge and well indexed challenge list pinned at the top.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I've always got one type of legacy or another going; I keep meaning to really get into a build-a-city challenge but haven't yet, and I've just gotten to house 4 of the drifter challenge. I like that one because I'm not much of a builder so it's a good learning tool.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I love playing legacies (although I've never made it through 10 generations before) and challenges that make you explore certain parts of the game you might not normally do.

Currently playing the Not So Berry challenge. I want to try an ISBI at some point because controlling too many sims stresses me out sometimes & I recently downloaded a mod to make sim interactions less empty, so they'd actually do things autonomously instead of pretending to talk with no action queued.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
    @blueybluesky My newest heiress is my new favorite so she will probably be involved in future stories!
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Oh man, I LOVE challenges! That's how I play probably 90% of the time. The better question for me would be what challenges haven't you played? lol Here's a list of all the challenges I've played. I'll put it in a spoiler since it's quite big.

In Progress or on Hiatus

Pinstar's Original Legacy - TS2 & TS4
    Random Legacy
    ISBI Challenge - TS2 & TS4
    *Not So Berry
    *Breed Out the Ugly
    Time Lord Challenge - on my 3rd or 4th Regeneration. Had to stop because my old laptop couldn't handle how large my Tardis had expanded.
    Apocalypse Challenge
    Build Newcrest Challenge
    Tiny Living Challenge
    Three Little Sims
    Island Challenge
    Just One Sim
    *Photographer Collection Challenge
    Bring Me Back to Life Challenge
    Rosebud & Rosebud 500k Solitaire Challenges
    Challenge Mash-up Challenge
    33 Day Create-A-Sim Challenge - Submitted for several Days, but haven't done all 33.
    *Git Er Done Challenge - My own made up challenge consisting of everything I haven't done yet in TS4
    Super Sim Challenge - This will always be a WIP as more packs are added

*100 Baby Challenge - Just started this one a couple days ago, but probably won't continue it. I forgot how much the sound of TS4 crying babies drives me nuts until my matriarch had twins (only my third set). Had to mute the game which bums me out because I love all the other sounds in the game. We'll see...

* = Currently playing challenges

Completed

Runaway Teen - Twice
    Runaway Siblings
    Homeless Challenge - Thrice
    Homeless Elder Challenge - Twice
    Asylum Challenge - Thrice
    Living Off the Grid - Twice
    Living Off the Land
    Room Challenge - Thrice
    Eco Existence Challenge - Twice
    Build -N- Share - Numerous Rounds
    Under Renovation - One or Two Rounds
    Mini Micro Build Challenge - Numerous Rounds
    Extreme Rags to Riches - Twice
    Rags to Riches - Too many times to count, it's how I normally start ALL my saves if a challenge doesn't require joining a career. :)
    7 Toddlers Challenge
    One Room One Week One Theme Build Challenge - Numerous Rounds
    Collections Sim Challenge - My own made up challenge where I used one Sim starting out Rags to Riches style to collect everything possible for the packs I own.
    Independence Challenge
    Hands Off Yo - My own updated version from TS2

Color Queen Modeling Contest - I had to drop out after three rounds though because my old laptop couldn't handle Mods/CC and you really need those to properly compete in modeling. I tried though and it was lots of fun! Might consider joining another one now that I have a new gaming desktop.

Out of all those listed in the spoiler I've had the most fun with; all the build challenges, Asylum, Time Lord, Room, Homeless/Homeless Elder, Collections Sim, Eco Existence, LOTG, Not So Berry, Photographer Collections Sim, Apocalypse, BOTU, Random Legacy, Super Sim, ISBI, and all the Rags to Riches versions I've tried.

If I had to pick an all time favorite, of course it's starting out Rags to Riches style, but for a regular type challenge it would be the Asylum challenge. For build challenges, it's Build -N-Share hands down with One Room One Week One Theme a very close second.

Happy Simming! <3
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I've been playing the Drifter Challenge. You completely empty out Oasis Springs and Willow Creek and for each generation you start over and build a new house. There are discussions on this forum but the rules were updated on the blog. Fun because it goes quickly -- at least for the first few houses, you only control one sim. I've almost completed House 002.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    Thanks everyone :smile: so many challenges to look into that I didn't know about.

@Karababy52 wow that is alot of challenges and an impressive lot that you have completed.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The computer I used to play on would just go super slow if I played with more than one sim in a househould, but now since upgrading I've been thinking of having a go at some of the challenges as there is still so much in the game that I haven't actually tried yet. So I'm just curious on what some of the most popular challenges are and what you guys are all playing?

I started a variation of the Rags to Riches challenge which morphed into the Matriarch Legacy Challenge with my founders' only child being a daughter and she in turn has a first-born daughter(and a son who was born a week later). Parker, the first-born, is who I'm playing now in San Myshuno with her boyfriend, Jarod Adams.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    I started to do the Black Widow challenge. However it changed in the game play. Instead of a wealthy guy she married, it was an elderly man. Mr Kim. She couldn't find any wealthy guys to marry.
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Currently I'm doing the Super Sim challenge. I've done the Big Sister challenge too and I began the Not So Berry challenge but didn't finish it.
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    FireftrLt wrote: »

Yes, check this forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

There's a huge and well indexed challenge list pinned at the top.

Thank you. I'll be looking into them. :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm a legacy/genetacy style player. And I stick to that in S4, though I do wonder how on earth I'm supposed to fit all those sims into these worlds! I played a lot more challenges in S2, but my faves are still legacy/gentacy with the addition of BACC - which I kind of play like a bunch of legacies lol.
  • pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    I see a few suggesting the 100 baby challenge. I've had issues with it corrupting my game for some reason before I even reach like 10 kids so that may be something to look out for. Maybe it's just my computer not sure how though. I move the kids out as soon as I can so that I can move on. Just something to keep in mind I suppose.

My fave challenges are:

*Legacy challenges (any of them really)
    *Rags to Riches (which can be turned into a Legacy challenge)
    *Ugly Duckling (also called Breed out the Ugly)

TBH I don't understand the "challenge" when it's the Ugly to Beautiful and you're CAS the whole time, but that's another one I see on Youtube a lot. Probably because it makes for great one shot videos lol.
    I got bored of the 100 baby challenge and started the Not So Berry. I created a founder family for the first generation. I chose Malcolm Landgraab as the spouse for my founder and their son Malcolm II is the first gen heir. The second gen heiress just aged to teen. Can't wait to continue!
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I'm doing a legacy currently, although I'm not really following any rules for it. :D In other saves, I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge and the 100 Baby challenge. I get really into one save at a time and go between the others every once in a while. It's going to take me a longggg time to finish those! But that's part of why I like them.
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • HelenaKapselHelenaKapsel Posts: 18 Member
    I almost always play in the style of legacy. Not intentionally, so I don't follow all the rules. But I played the challenge a lot a few years ago, and now it's just a part of my play style.

I've recently tried the nomad challenge and have been having a lot of fun with that.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I just started the trade off challenge it was just posted recently. I'm having a lot of fun with it... I'm already thinking ahead as to how I want to do it next time as I play it this time. It's doable for me... I usually end up using challenges as a guide for a story now and then when I'm not feeling very creative with my own play but don't make it past the first generation if it's generational or will follow my own rules for it.
    Otherwise I've started or been kind of guided by rags to riches challenges, black widow challenges and homeless type challenges.
    egTcBMc.png