Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which content pack would go first in 2019?

2...Next

Comments

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Witches
    Voted for Witches because that is the only thing I am still waiting for in TS4. Everything else is nice to have but to me just a bonus. No matter how big it is.
    I'm hoping for education or hobbies, but so long as it does not include other occult types (like werewolves), I wouldn't say no to witches. I'd be rather annoyed if the next pack is YA-centered, like beaches or dating, since family players haven't had anything since June.

Occult players haven't had anything since Vampires, which came out in early 2017. since then, it was all "realistic" stuff.
    Stuff that was for kids or toddlers last came with seasons.
    And no, the jungle adventure skeletons and patchy are no Occults. They are fun little gimmicks, but not Occults.
    The Yeti from the December update is an outfit, not an Occult.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2019
    Beach
    Sanulii wrote: »
    Dating might be the first one based on a valentine's day. But personally i think it's little boring. Witches might be fun to have but i think it's unlikely to be the first one in this year.

A general Romance GP, with improved dating, improvements to weddings including allowing the player to set the wedding outfit (rather than spinning into a default), veils added in headgear, maybe more activities (including slow dancing!) wouldn't be that boring. I'd like to see the opportunity to go on a date without the checklist; my Sims have a way easy time getting gold on dates so I'm always stuck with a bunch of the champagne bucket flirty decor objects that I have to remember to go in and sell. We can set parties as "non-prestige" events (no checklist, just the timer) so why not dates? Also the ability to travel (with your date) so you can start out with a meal then hit the nightclub or karaoke bar.

But I think we'll see a beach vacation GP first, so Sims have a place to get away from the snow in winter, and maybe a beach vacation world would give the designers a chance to play around with the terrain tools since they were still in development when Del Sol Valley was being created.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    Witches
    More occult sims please.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Others (comment)
    I would to see a new idea :)

all you ever see on this forum are requests for witches, university or another holiday themed pack
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

all you ever see on this forum are requests for witches, university or another holiday themed pack

I admit I'm a huge fan of witches, not worried either way about university and definitely not interested in a holiday pack. However, here are some other ideas I would like:
    • Farming - with more plants, more recipes and a whole farmyard of animals, including horses, even if you can't go far on them.
    • Futuristic pack - something with some of the optimism and fun we had a century ago thinking of where we might be now, but aren't.
    • Space pack - could be linked to the above or separate to ensure both are given in-depth treatment and not simply skimmed.
    • Robots - good ones, not so good ones, they could be fun.
    • Historical pack(s) - would prefer them in one but looking at different eras - Roman, medieval - early and late, Elizabethan/Stewart, Victorian.
    • Pre-historic - let's see some very early Sims discover fire, wheels, deal with Neandersims.
    • Something else daft - let's have some fun like Sims 1 and 2.

In honesty, my favourite packs we already have are those that fit so seamlessly into gameplay you have a hard time remembering what it was like without them. Seasons does this, to an extent, but Parenthood is the epitome of a pack that was meant to work. So many of the other feel like things you do for a while and then you're done with them. Holidays, ok, but I never remember to take my Sims on them. Fame, it's annoying in general gameplay, even with the option switched off, unless I was to kill off all the famous Sims, and the last exceptions all the time, ugh. The vamps keep themselves to themselves for me so I don't mind them, I admit I have only played them once and went a bit berserk.

Ok, enough from me and I'm aware theres a deal of repetition/crossover. Sorry :smile:
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Others (comment)
    LMcGE wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

I admit I'm a huge fan of witches, not worried either way about university and definitely not interested in a holiday pack. However, here are some other ideas I would like:
    • Farming - with more plants, more recipes and a whole farmyard of animals, including horses, even if you can't go far on them.
    • Futuristic pack - something with some of the optimism and fun we had a century ago thinking of where we might be now, but aren't.
    • Space pack - could be linked to the above or separate to ensure both are given in-depth treatment and not simply skimmed.
    • Robots - good ones, not so good ones, they could be fun.
    • Historical pack(s) - would prefer them in one but looking at different eras - Roman, medieval - early and late, Elizabethan/Stewart, Victorian.
    • Pre-historic - let's see some very early Sims discover fire, wheels, deal with Neandersims.
    • Something else daft - let's have some fun like Sims 1 and 2.

In honesty, my favourite packs we already have are those that fit so seamlessly into gameplay you have a hard time remembering what it was like without them. Seasons does this, to an extent, but Parenthood is the epitome of a pack that was meant to work. So many of the other feel like things you do for a while and then you're done with them. Holidays, ok, but I never remember to take my Sims on them. Fame, it's annoying in general gameplay, even with the option switched off, unless I was to kill off all the famous Sims, and the last exceptions all the time, ugh. The vamps keep themselves to themselves for me so I don't mind them, I admit I have only played them once and went a bit berserk.

Ok, enough from me and I'm aware theres a deal of repetition/crossover. Sorry :smile:

medievel
    space pack
    farming
    all could make a great pack.

nothing against witches, I like them in the sims 3.
    there about the forums as much as toddlers request were, not in a rush to play any supernaturals packs
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon