Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Misc Questions and Observations

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yes, that is the same event. there's one main award ceremony in get famous, the starlight accolades, and those awards are given for multiple things (music, videos, fashion, acting, writing and more). there are other awards your sims can get from other events, but they're all very specific (here's a link to a post explaining them all, though i still haven't had any sims get the annoying airhorn one: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16852472#Comment_16852472 )

so yes, both sims were asked to attend the same starlight accolades award show. but that's like people living in different places being nominated at the grammys or emmys or golden globes or whatnot (just a bit more varied in nominations than those real life ones)

and whichever one you attend on is the only one you can potentially physically get the award on. nomination doesn't guarantee victory, and unplayed sims can, and will, attend the ceremony. they can even win (venessa did when i wasn't playing her), but since they're unplayed, they're not actually given an award when they give their acceptance speech

...and, if your sim does win while you're there, make sure you have them click on the microphone to 'accept award' or they will not get one, either. the ceremony only goes to 11 pm, so if they didn't get called up (or didn't accept) before then, try again the next week. and you can send a sim there every week, even if they never got nominated. the game 'rolls' for winners to call up based on the sims on the lot each time the host announces a winner. so, if your sim is there even without a nomination, there's still a chance they'll win something

and then for @djacob16, i just checked kayla in my game and according to the showsiminfo mod, she's got all the proper flags for a female sim:
    eebf1dae144d12d44f744bf86485e94c.png
    note the 'gender:female' in that shot

and follow that up with the standard gender roles (can be impregnated, sitting to pee and such) in this one fccfb67d4883ea178615011de1406ea3.png

my initial guess would be that she was confident about something and the game went wonky about the 'pee like a champion' option that that mood unlocks when she had to go relieve her bladder

(that said, i wouldn't mind if she were transgender but, to my knowledge, the only trans sims that maxis has released were in the household put up back when they first unlocked the ability for all sims to be able to wear all clothing styles and have access to all body types)

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thanks @kalaksed . I figured that the writer would not get access to the event anyway, because he had too few stars. So I went there with the actress, and it was a pretty cool event. None of them won though, and there wasn't a best writer category at all. Guess those categories are based on who are present, and that's fine.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I played a bit more, and the first kid was signed up for the Drama Club after school. I saw a picture of kids gathered in a studio, but he only left the lot as to a rabbit hole.

Q: Will we ever follow the child to the Drama Group class?
  • Options
    you can adjust things at the starlight accolades so that any sim can enter the lounge (just click on the velvet rope, that lets you determine the number of fame stars needed for the bouncer to let sims pass. that's doable anywhere and anywhen one of those ropes is placed), interact with the bouncer to get in without the proper amount of stars if you want to keep the rope the same (can fight them, convince them, bribe them and more) or can just teleport sims past the rope (either cheating or via high wellness skill) though i've heard that on accolade night the star levels aren't actually checked (it just keeps fans outside somehow)

i brought the behr sisters (from windenberg) to the accolades while playing them because yuki got nominated for her first uploaded video (the first video uploaded in my game) and without thinking about it, had her teleport past the rope instead of testing things, since both sisters are currently opted out of fame (plan on changing that at some point, though. they both want to be well-known according to their bios). candy walked in on her own when i didn't have her active, but i already knew sims in your group could do that, bouncer or no bouncer, because one i had come along with venessa at a previous ceremony walked in to use the restroom
  • Options
    Haha, yea, I do use teleport all the time, and I also had my 1 star sim teleport to check out the VIP lounge upstais at the DSV gathering lounge. Don't remember the name. I knew the VIP area was quiet, but was hoping something would happen if I got in there, but nothing. One celebrity walked in, but she left again after 1 sim minute. I did not quite understand the upstairs lounge, but when my sim reaches global stardom I might need a spot to get away from fans :)

Basically I like that there is a certain fame level needed to get in at the hot spot and award event. So I don't want to cheat on those restrictions. I think it was the same restriction / bouncer system in TS3. Looking forward to build some restricted areas myself, maybe I'll build a spot with only 1 star required. fun for newcomers.

Talking about bouncers, I wish it could also be used the other way around, to keep celebrities *away* from say a restaurant. In my game I like to play both poor and rich, and if I build a shabby fast food restaurant where I intend poor sims to hang, I'd hate celebrities to attend. I know I can use lot traits to keep them all away from the lot, but would be nice to say accept only up to newcomers.
  • Options
    Yay - just played the Clump family, and while in their house, I got a nice reminder "so and so long until Penny Pizzazz' audition". Didn't expect that!
  • Options
    wait, really? that's not supposed to happen and really should be bug reported. blah, gotta keep an eye out for that on some of my sims (i bought venessa the 'fame never fades' perk, whatever it's called. so she should be safe. others, not so much...)
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    wait, really? that's not supposed to happen and really should be bug reported. blah, gotta keep an eye out for that on some of my sims (i bought venessa the 'fame never fades' perk, whatever it's called. so she should be safe. others, not so much...)

Ha! It happened again when I played another household, so it's definitely intended. I think the audition would pass even if we are not active on their lot, anyway. I recall Penny got one gig without me being there while she auditioned. But not sure why the head up is posted on the notes wall, we can't follow them anyway, maybe if we need to prepare skills. Penny did not need to build skills, btw.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Wow, Penny is really onto something!

She is now a 3 stars celeb, mostly based on acting and social media. She also perform some joke routines, wrote some in the past and I'm thinking it might be a nice thing to fall back to, when she steps back from the gigs.

But she also sang a lot karaoke in the past, and the other night at the Orchid Go Go club in DSV, she performed one song, and wowza - everyone fainted! That never happened to Penny before! So, maybe she should switch to singing now?

ts4-gf-20190116.jpg