Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't go to work with my Sim?

I have a Sim in the doctor career. When I first got him the job I went to work with him on his first day. Then I went and played another household for a few days. Now I've come back to my doctor Sim and it doesn't ask me if I want to go to work with him anymore?! He just disappears off to work without me! Help?!

Comments

• Big_Booty_HunterBig_Booty_Hunter Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Same problem , Police career.
    But I didn't switch households at all.
  • finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    I got him to quit his job and then joined the career again (he was only on the 1st level thankfully) and that seems to have solved it for now - I haven't changed households yet though.

Is anyone else having this problem or seen any other similar threads?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2015
    I got him to quit his job and then joined the career again (he was only on the 1st level thankfully) and that seems to have solved it for now - I haven't changed households yet though.

Is anyone else having this problem or seen any other similar threads?

can you run a test to see if switching works create a back up of the game file and test a copy :) i have seen others report this problem, some can fix by having the the sims travel to another lot to reset and others also reported the same as you that quitting and starting again works

ive been rotating for a while now no issues but fingers crossed your issues are fixed.
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I had that happen with my detective. I had her quit. She was at level 7. I then had her rejoin and she was back to level 6. That seemed to work because I got the option to go with her again. However when she got there she was to get a new case but I couldn't get the option or any detective option on the pc. I tried everything to fix it. Eventually I had to go back to a past save and had to start over with her and that seemed to fix everything. Just hope it don't happen again. My sim in the medical field never had issues with any of this stuff.
    Mine is at level 5 :( quiting and joining again is not an option :(
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    A lot of people are having these issues. It looks like its something that is going to have to be fixed in a patch.
    Mine is at level 5 :( quiting and joining again is not an option :(
    see if traveling to another lot before work helps also @shandra2183 reported rolling back her save helped as well. as for quitting you can also always use the game cheat to get them to the same level.

edited April 2015
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Big_🐸🐸🐸🐸_Hunter wrote: »
    >
    > Mine is at level 5 quiting and joining again is not an option
    >
    >
    >
    > see if traveling to another lot before work helps also shandra2183 reported rolling back her save helped as well. as for quitting you can also always use the game cheat to get them to the same level.

Traveling to another lot didn't work , I quit his job and joined again , it works now.
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Big_🐸🐸🐸🐸_Hunter wrote: »
    >
    > Mine is at level 5 quiting and joining again is not an option
    >
    >
    >
    > see if traveling to another lot before work helps also shandra2183 reported rolling back her save helped as well. as for quitting you can also always use the game cheat to get them to the same level.

Traveling to another lot didn't work , I quit his job and joined again , it works now.
    sorry you had to quit but glad something worked happy simming
  • ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
  • Nikohan78Nikohan78 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had the same issue. My game is up to date and recently went through a patch download. Still didnt fix the issue. Going to another lot did not help me either. The only thing that worked for me was quitting and restarting the career. Fortunately it was only on day 2 of work. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Nikohan78 wrote: »
    I had the same issue. My game is up to date and recently went through a patch download. Still didnt fix the issue. Going to another lot did not help me either. The only thing that worked for me was quitting and restarting the career. Fortunately it was only on day 2 of work. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

Hello @Nikohan78
    I am sorry that you had this issue and needed to quit and restart the career.

Sometimes it helps to see if the option comes up the next working day. Some simmers have found that it takes a few work days before the option to go to work with your sim is fixed again.
  • jxariesjxaries Posts: 11 New Member
    I haven't bought the game yet but i was wondering, can you also go to work if your sims is a journalist,entertainer,... Or is it only with scientist, detectives and doctors?
    jxaries wrote: »
    I haven't bought the game yet but i was wondering, can you also go to work if your sims is a journalist,entertainer,... Or is it only with scientist, detectives and doctors?

Hello @jxaries :)
    You can only go to work with sims that are in the scientist,detective and doctor careers. It is only the careers that came with GTW.

Also, Welcome to the forums!
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Well that answered my question. I thought I was doing something wrong with my sims in the police field.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
    Well that answered my question. I thought I was doing something wrong with my sims in the police field.

Hello.
    I hope that your issue is fixed up when your sim goes to work the next day, and that you will be able to join him.
  • NarwhalthecookieNarwhalthecookie Posts: 5 New Member
    > @finefashionista said:
    > I have a Sim in the doctor career. When I first got him the job I went to work with him on his first day. Then I went and played another household for a few days. Now I've come back to my doctor Sim and it doesn't ask me if I want to go to work with him anymore?! He just disappears off to work without me! Help?!

This happened in 2018 on Sims 4 Xbox one :neutral:
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    Hello!

I know this is an older thread, but this is happening to me in 2019. I have all the EPs and wanted to let everyone know that this bug isn't fixed. I tried with the doctor career and will be attempting the "quit and resume" method. Thanks, all.
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    > @PenguinColada said:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I know this is an older thread, but this is happening to me in 2019. I have all the EPs and wanted to let everyone know that this bug isn't fixed. I tried with the doctor career and will be attempting the "quit and resume" method. Thanks, all.

I want to let everybody know that the "quit and resume" method still works. :)
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • DulceHoneyDulceHoney Posts: 422 Member
    This was also happening to me with the Doctor career in 2020. I am updated to the latest patch. The solution that worked for me was sending the sim to a community lot (the museum in my case) 2 hours before her shift, and then I got the option again to join her at work. I didn't have to restart the career, thank goodness.
  • CalieCalie Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having kind of the same problem. But I moved a sim in to my household and I can’t go to work with him, why is that? Do they have to be married?
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Being married doesn't matter. If you can control the Sim, you should have all the normal choices that you would with any other Sim you can control. That includes joining the Sim at work IF he is in an active career (Detective, Doctor, Scientist, Actor). You can't join Sims at other careers, because the other careers weren't designed for it.

It's better to post over at EA Answers when you think you have a bug. This forum isn't really meant for solving bugs any more.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en