Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get into hair and make up broken ????

I have no idea why, but my gigs are not working anymore since the patch. My sim goes to do the gig but it gets stuck at the get into hair and make up part. The person does it wrong but then it cancels, I repeat and it happens over and over again. Due to that I am unable to get to costume and can't get to the telling director I am ready part. I have tried it twice now, its really frustrating. I play mod and cc free game, so completely vanilla. I own all the game packs, expansions and stuff packs. My game is updated until the most recent patch. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    So I tried using the bb.enablefreebuild cheat and replace the chair but that does not work, the chair is unclickable after placing it. Will try more options, I have saved my game to just before she has to leave for the gig, so its easy to exit without saving and try different things.
    I did all the actions first and then the hair and make up at the last option before going on stage. That worked, however the hair and make up was correct, this error occurred when hair and makeup was not right, so I might just redo this and see what happens.
    KALARATRI wrote: »
    ive seen people on discord with the same error, maybe its an ea bug

Deffinetly a bug. I replayed by doing it last and it works that way, but if I try and do it first then it fails every single time, so something is broken somewhere, I hope it gets fixed soon, I prefer to do things in order rather than randomly as I had to do it now.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GF-quot-Hair-and-Makeup-quot-interaction-glitched/m-p/7298923#M81235
    Samjasenosky also posted this workaround
    If you queue up two tasks at once while the game is paused (get in the hair/makeup chair and then queue getting into costume, for example), I've been getting the game to check off the hair/makeup task. I'm not sure if it works with other tasks besides the costume one, but I know if my sim is prepared to get into the chair and then also change into costume at once, the hair task has been accomplished. So far at least!
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    This happened to me before when I played two days ago. I had to get her into hair and make up constantly back to back until they got it right. But I played recently after that and eventually it fixed itself. It doesn’t do it anymore but it was weird.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Mine’s actually doing that right now! Is there any super quick fixes?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited December 2018
    It's happening to me too. Started a gig at 7pm, went straight to hair and makeup and I ran out of time! He kept messing it up over and over. He'd mess up the make up, she'd get up and have to start the whole interaction again. He'd get the make up right but mess up the hair, she'd get out of the chair and have to start over again. This went on until 3 am when the gig ended.
    I do have mods and cc however, I tried removing everything but vanilla on her, restored an old save and it did not help.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
  • greek_godd091greek_godd091 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also getting the same problem. Contacted EA through online chat and they were no help at all. They told me to clear my caches and then just left the conversation without checking if my problem had been fixed. Absolutely useless. It didn't fix it and I'm really fed up of trying to get it to work!
  • Trippey_DTrippey_D Posts: 25 Member
    Whenever my sims have a gig and it requires them to get into hair and makeup, they sit in the chair and the stylist does their work, and after that puff of pink whatever it is disappears, my sims' hair doesn't change, nor do they get makeup, and the action in the top left doesn't complete.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I've only played one actress this far, but I too had problems with the makeup artist. At some gigs it took several tries to get it right. The last gig I played worked fine though, so maybe the problem is only with certain gigs, or certain career levels? My sim never got stuck though, but then there are gigs I did not play yet.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I've had that happening to one of my sims over and over again it is soo annoying. Fortunately he became famous enough he didn't need to go to hair and make up any longer.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • NikkioneNikkione Posts: 113 Member
    This is constantly happening to me in my games, I have restarted it at least 3 times now and it happens every time. Cant believe its not been fixed yet :(
    Please please please can we have more aspirations.
  • andreaandersenandreaandersen Posts: 19 Member
    This is happening to me too. It's so annoying :|
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    That happened to my sim a few times , then it worked by itself.
    I have a three star celebrity now, so thank goodness can skip the getting hair done now. But it did get very upsetting. I did figure out though if I did all the things in the ques first then hair last, it seemed to help and work better. Also had a wee little chat with the hair person first. But so much easier now that I can just skip it :D
  • INeedAVacationINeedAVacation Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2019
    Thought that debugging got around it, but today I've had no joy at all. I spent the whole working day timer on it. No joy.
    Post edited by INeedAVacation on
  • Mhalste2Mhalste2 Posts: 1 New Member
    This has been going on so much in my game it makes it unplayable. I am livid to say the least. It's an infuriating glitch. Nothing has worked, including trying multipul actions.
  • RamendemonRamendemon Posts: 91 Member
    I have tried the early posted work around of queuing up multiple items. I have also tried saving to the main menu and reloading the game. The bug is continuing to happen. Has anyone found a sure fix for it yet? It
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hi there, we've moved all our bug reporting and technical issues to the Answers HQ forum. This bug has already got an open bug report at the forum which you can find here: Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now, in future if you encounter any bugs or have technical issues, please post them to the Answers HQ forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top