Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrity sim couldn't eat at restaurant because of "Listen of Fan" interactions

2...Next

Comments

• dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Have added the mod by Little Ms Sam. What a difference. Thank @Netzspannung
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    That's a real problem. I downloaded a mod by Little Ms Sam that adds a lot trait to keep out Fans & Paparazzi and it works great. But I do wonder why they did not think to add it to the game. Crowds of fans and paparazzi are not only annoying but also not appropriate for all venues.

@Netzspannung same here, I use this same mod, but the fact that I do have to use it is annoying.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @Triplis that is a great mod! A better idea than the other mod. Celebs should be allowed but only so that your sims don't become unplayable.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Shouldn't need a mod to correct the problem.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No, but when problems don't get fixed then we need mods. Sad but true. Celebs mess up Sims wherever they go. I can't stop my own Sim from acting like an airhead when they are around. I can't stop them from taking pics and be idiot like. There is no cancelling their actions. So I never let my Sims go anywhere anymore.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited January 2019
    Triplis wrote: »
    I was finding it more difficult myself, to keep things flowing smoothly with high level celebrities showing up (guests chatting them up, the occasional waitress).

So I made a lot trait that automatically disguises NPC celebrities who show up. So far in my playing with it, it seems to do exactly what I want... if they show up, they get treated like regular sims.

I don't know if we're allowed to link to mods here, but here's a link to it:

https://triplis.github.io/mods/lot-traits.html

And if someone wants to use LittleMsSam's mod for it that others were talking about, I believe it's here:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

I know some people don't use mods, but for those who do, I wanted to share.

Also trying out the @Triplis "Celebrity Hideout." Thank you, Triplis, for sharing.

I tried to hold an event at a bar and the uninvited NPC Celebrities turned it into chaotic mess. 😬
  • OrionSnakeOrionSnake Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you for sharing the two mods @Triplis
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    If I had ever been tempted to purchase new content for ts4, it seems that the long-lasting bugs/problems/conflicts introduced and the follow-up complaints from purchasers regarding the limited actual gameplay added always makes me happily change my mind. Also, I think that I would be discouraged relying on modders to correct so much of the content.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2019
    it's not just restaurants and Retail that is now obsolete with the overdone celebrity worship. nightclubs, lounges, bars and pretty much all community lots are now a snoozefest once a celeb show up and turn every non-celeb into a braindead fan that will just be hyping/wispering about them if they are not licking the celebs boot even when the celeb as much as farts (not really ofc but you get the picture) >.< i hardly ever go to danceparties anymore or any other event since celebs will show up and mess up the whole evening. i love to hang out with friends, but dancing alone while everyone else is non-stop busy with celebs is a waste of my time -.- i already have to use resetsim to keep my own sim from constantly fawn over every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 celeb that just can't resist doing all that poser bull near my sims and apparantly every siom ingame is forced to bask in their so called greatness -.- sure, 5 star Judith is slightly impressive because i like her attitude and she isn't a poser like Thorne or Brytani, but i couldn't care less about some minor celeb dancing okay? especially since i am a 5 star myself
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I've had the same issue at bars. Since I have the MCCC mod, I used the make sim leave cheat to remove the offending sim. Everyone returned to normal after that. I use it to get rid of persistent vampires too.
    edited January 2019
    ughhh the vampires… they Always have that stupid hissing weakness and the whole "you cannot leave because a vampire is breaking in" crud is also incredibly annoying, and celebs are quickly becoming equally annoying pests... MCCC is really becoming tempting atm for me as well since they will probabely never patch it out...

UI1pJEC.png

this is a night club as it is today… and as you can see only the Mixmasters and my own club are immune to the dancing celebrity crud, the rest is all standing around a dancing celeb all night...
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    I like Celebrities EXCEPT their entourage of Fans and Paparazzi make it impossible to have or visit a restaurant. It's chaos. Maybe we need a way to keep Fans and Paparazzi out of certain locations.

Yes I've had this issue to. My sim ignored his date and went and fanned over the celeb.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Restaurants seem to function just fine with celebrity sims in my experience. Sims stick to what they're doing and it's always a waiter that will usually ask for a autograph or selfie get it (or be rejected) and they go back to what they're doing. Works a lot better than celebrities a the dance club for sure. Sim stays the uusal time they do at the restaurant without much trouble.
    Sims arene't hovering all over the table that has a celebrity at them. Poked around a few different places and still getting the same results.

That's not the case for me. All the sims in the restuarent get up and start fanning over the celeb including my own.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Huh, I don't have any of these problems. Weird.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is one of the reasons why I wanted a hates celebrity trait I just knew they would go overboard with it again.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited January 2019
    I am quite glad that the celebrities collect all the fans away when I take my Sims to the lounges and bars. It allows my Sims to get the drinks in and food for their group at the bar without too many problems, which helps Social. There is always the "together" option to bring the group of Sims back together to the dance floor or seats in front of the screen, (which I have added). I always re-arrange Maxis new Pack lots as they are just Basic plus latest Pack.

Isn't it just part of the game to manage such setups and learn to deal with them? I just wish that blue haired Sim addition of theirs wouldn't try to hog the mike though when my Sim wants to have a go. :s
    edited February 2019
    hmm anyone who can help me getting celebs undercover? because i am really getting fed up with fans and paparazzi showing up everywhere i go >.< are these guys psychics or something?? and they just won't stop spamming the ask for autograph and hug crud. would be cool if i can get other quirks than the same old stan and "fan mail" because of this, and i am also tired of constantly having a circle of !di0ts standing around me all day being stupid clapping like seals whenever i do..well anything, even if i play terrible guitar these braindead zombies just won't get lost >.< i Always had a fervent hatred for paparazzi, both in the game and in real.. can't stand that scum of the earth! but fans are really starting to get on my nerves too -.- can't even go anywhere without them bothering me all day… sure one autograph is fine, but three in a row to the same guy who apparantly has nothing better to do than hang around me all day? that's EA's famous overkill habit whenever they include new features, just like the talk about the weather interactions that sims just love to spam dozens of times in a row…. i got it the first time Candy -.- you don't like sunshine for some reason but i don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tbh.
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
    edited February 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Well, the expansion is fairly new anyway. It could still use a bit of balancing.

lol.. a bit?? i'd say a LOT. because atm GF is getting very annoying. whenever a celeb shows up the whole lot becomes a celeb worshipping snoozefest...and god help me when they do something like dance or sing >.< and ok sure a 5 star showing up is ofc big...but a little 2 star gets the same reception atm which makes no sense to me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited February 2019
    hmm anyone who can help me getting celebs undercover? because i am really getting fed up with fans and paparazzi showing up everywhere i go >.< are these guys psychics or something?? and they just won't stop spamming the ask for autograph and hug crud. would be cool if i can get other quirks than the same old stan and "fan mail" because of this, and i am also tired of constantly having a circle of !di0ts standing around me all day being stupid clapping like seals whenever i do..well anything, even if i play terrible guitar these braindead zombies just won't get lost >.< i Always had a fervent hatred for paparazzi, both in the game and in real.. can't stand that scum of the earth! but fans are really starting to get on my nerves too -.- can't even go anywhere without them bothering me all day… sure one autograph is fine, but three in a row to the same guy who apparantly has nothing better to do than hang around me all day? that's EA's famous overkill habit whenever they include new features, just like the talk about the weather interactions that sims just love to spam dozens of times in a row…. i got it the first time Candy -.- you don't like sunshine for some reason but i don't give a plum tbh.

Don't you understand, the other autographs aren't for him, but to sell. How on Earth do you think he makes his living? Hmmm? But, I do feel your pain. My star has had two wrecked relationships due to the fans coming on to him all of the time. Poor guy is only a Sim and sadly whether he wants to react to that beautiful Sim or not, his knees go weak. I've finally started having him ask the rather aggressive fans leave. I was afraid to do this in times' past, since he's got a Pristine Reputation he worked so hard to attain. So far, his asking them to leave hasn't hurt him. He's engaged again for the fourth time (if you count that he got engaged twice to the first Sim). I don't wish for this match to be broken apart because his fans are over the top. Now, admittedly, I use the Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career mod, in tandem with GF and it does add a bit of spice to the game otherwise lacking. But, in order for your celebrity to disguise themself, you need to take them to a mirror and select disguise.

He tried the disguise bit, too. Mostly the fans and Paparazzi saw through it. Here it is:
    ZaOq2hC.jpg

He's doing his best to give his girl his best attention. He failed, not once but twice. Finally, they both decided to end it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    well, he could grab a guitar and make cash the same way i did playing for tips and write songs and become a celeb himself? :p and then sell his own autographs. and well i do want that celebs undercover purely so i can have a normal evening with other peeps instead of having to lock myself in the VIP room all day because of the endless stream of fans and paparazzi flocking in. the disguise kinda works but eventually they will still spot you and the whole aggrevating cycle continues. and that's not accounting the horrible feature where they stand around you all day whenever you even fart -.- wish they would remove that crud since it is annoying and they just won't do anything anymore but stand still clapping like seals. it really makes the game boring.
    edited February 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons why I wanted a hates celebrity trait I just knew they would go overboard with it again.

this is actually not a bad suggestion! i also don't like the fact that all your sims are forced to fan all over every celeb they see -.,- sure, i think Judith Ward is cool and i like Holly Alto, but i actually despise all the 4 star celebs with their attention issues (how full of yourself must you be to actually spam the posing and keep trying to get everyone to cheer for you 0.0 that's just pathetic to say it mildly) and i actively hate Dustin Broke since he often acts like a jerk to children!

a trait so sims can actually dislike celebs and thus ignore them entirely is a great suggestion, and i also wouldn't mind an option where you can CHOOSE which celebs you're a fan of and which not. and i have come to expect EA and Maxis to go overkill with new features, i mean...sims are still obsessed with the weather apparantly since they cannot talk about anything else these days….*yawn* who cares about the ffing weather anyways??

• islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    edited March 2019
    It's annoying, but kind of realistic, no? Celebrities can't go anywhere without a crowd, unless it's exclusive. I've added VIP sections to most places to make playing celebrities easier (nightclubs, restaurant, even a gym w/ velvet ropes). I have LittleMsSam's mod, but I could have sworn I saw a mod where only fans/paparazzi react to celebrities, and everyone else goes about their business. I haven't been able to find it again though.

Thankfully, Get Famous has its own tab in the settings menu, so if you want the benefits of the pack without the drawbacks, that is an option.

EDIT: Found it! Coolspear created a series of mods that tweak the fame system, i.e., Dancing is not performing, no reacting with disgust toward non famous sims, and the "no react" mods to level 5 fame and/or reputation (especially NPCs). As usual, Coolspear is our saint of modding.
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• ChokoENChokoEN Posts: 14 New Member
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13857-fame-tweaks-sims-worker-npcs-no-reacting-to-fame-level-5-celebrity-disguise-no-clothing-change-no-reacting-to-dancing-famous-sim-get-famous-ep/

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13869-fame-tweaks-no-react-to-pristine-or-terrible-reputation-get-famous-ep/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I might be lucky, but I find both celebrities and vampires to be rather well balanced. None of them bother me unless I want them to. The only thing is that the DJ might stop playing, but it normally takes a couple hrs before a celeb walks in.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    It's annoying, but kind of realistic, no? Celebrities can't go anywhere without a crowd, unless it's exclusive. I've added VIP sections to most places to make playing celebrities easier (nightclubs, restaurant, even a gym w/ velvet ropes). I have LittleMsSam's mod, but I could have sworn I saw a mod where only fans/paparazzi react to celebrities, and everyone else goes about their business. I haven't been able to find it again though.

Thankfully, Get Famous has its own tab in the settings menu, so if you want the benefits of the pack without the drawbacks, that is an option.

EDIT: Found it! Coolspear created a series of mods that tweak the fame system, i.e., Dancing is not performing, no reacting with disgust toward non famous sims, and the "no react" mods to level 5 fame and/or reputation (especially NPCs). As usual, Coolspear is our saint of modding.

Actually, one time I removed the Road to Fame mod, that allows my Sim to be a singer Sim. I tried to play without it, but I actually missed the Paparazzi and his two Obsessed Fans. It was on the verge of becoming ho-hum. Once I put the RTF back in, all was well. In fact, I also use MCCC and I have expanded the number of Sims that will collect in a venue. It's a bit crowded, but fun. I guess there is a part of me that thrives on chaos. LOL Part of the beauty of RTF is there are options, one of which can keep a particular Sim from reacting to the famous Sims. That's useful. I should actually set it for the parents of my Global Superstar. Anytime they find him out and about, or even when they visit him at his own home, suddenly they are "fans". Kinda weird. But, oh well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/