Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a known glitch..? (build mode; tomb creating)

I'm building a tomb and obviously you need to use the ctrl-shift-left mouse click a lot to set and link objects. I notice that this frequently stops working after choosing "Add the ability to add triggers and behaviors". I can click and get options when I click on other objects, but the object I enabled this for won't work anymore (no options). Is there a faster way than closing the entire game and restart it to solve this problem :s (then it works again)?

While searching for a solution I found this page by the way and it says First things first: you can only make a tomb in a foreign country. Could that be the problem? I'm building it in Lucky Palms and it's meant to be placed in a custom world (RFlong's creating at the moment). I built one tomb before and I used a China save to do it in back then. I don't remember having this issue back then, that's for sure...
5JZ57S6.png

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think the cause indeed might have been building it in a home world. I moved the tomb to Al Simhara to continue building there and the problem hasn’t occurred yet. Maybe because you can set the lot as a tomb there? I don’t know but so far so good.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi :)

What objects are not working when you do this in the regular neighborhood? I'm seeing if it works for me or not. I had no problem with the WA objects, stairs, and doors...... what should I try?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The problem occurred with doors (the hidden one). There really must be a link with the world you’re building in because I’ve continued building for quite some time now in Al Simhara and it hasn’t happened since. It’s purely the building that gave issues, testing went perfectly ok in Lucky Palms. And restarting the game consistently repaired the options. So either way it’s not a problem fortunately.
    5JZ57S6.png