Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In which town rains the most?

Title says. I have Seasons and I wonder which town has most rainy weather. In Newcrest there is no rain too much, and I'm looking for place to move, where rains often.
I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I have Sims who live in Windenburg where it seems to pour. Also, just about every time my singer Sim has a gig, it's raining, even in NewCrest. :open_mouth: which makes it hard when it's hot to use the outdoor concert stage I have there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Brindleton Bay seems to be a very damp place in spring...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    All of them...seriously, I have the weather machine in almost all my sims' houses for this reason. Plus I use the cheat in MCCC on the mailbox to choose which weather I need to have. I have gone through 2 summers without a hot sunny day in all 42 days of summer. This is just crazy!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I never thought about the possibility of different towns having different weather patterns? If that's true, I'd like to know which town rains the least, because my computer is trash and heavy rain seems to lag the game somewhat.

But I primarily play in Willow Creek and it rains quite a bit depending on the season.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @gemjas Oasis Springs is the place to be for you.

As for the most rain, definitely Selvadorada ;)
    But, when it comes to residential worlds, I'd say Brindleton Bay. In my experience, Windenburg is more often cloudy. I haven't had much rain in Willow Creek. I can't say anything about Newcrest though, haven't played there since I got seasons.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    @gemjas Oasis Springs is the place to be for you.

Ha, that makes sense seeing as it's a desert. I suppose it's also the hottest town to be in during Summer.

As for rain, I'm changing my answer to Brindleton. I never really thought about it, but it did rain a lot when I briefly played there.
    Post edited by gemjas on
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Newcrest has lots of thunderstorms.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Brindleton Bay rains most all the time.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I vote for Brindleton Bay
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Brindleton Bay. It rained so much that I had to turn off rain. 😖
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    IMO, they all get a lot of rain. Including Selvadorado which is sometimes inconvenient because my Sims pays her money for a vacation and it rains the whole time while she is trying to explore the jungle. I can see a few times as that could be realistic since it is a tropic area. But the whole time is not. Del Sol Valley seems to rain the least, so perhaps not there.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2019
    Brindleton bay is a sea side town filled with fishermen, so it makes sense it rains there a lot.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    In my Willow Creek, it rains at least half of the spring to fall days. Way too much.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited January 2019
    I_M1LOS_I wrote: »
    Title says. I have Seasons and I wonder which town has most rainy weather. In Newcrest there is no rain too much, and I'm looking for place to move, where rains often.

You got lucky then, Newcrest had plenty of rain for me. But that might be because seasons were set to short.
    Hm, Brindleton Bay is very rainy.
    image.png
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    Thanks for suggestions. I will move to Brindleton Bay then.
    I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I think Del Sol Vally gets the most rain but that's also because they have no snow there so it rains instead
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Brindleton Bay gets alot of rain and thunderstorms in my game
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    In my Willow Creek, it rains at least half of the spring to fall days. Way too much.

Same with mine and snow a lot too.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I_M1LOS_I wrote: »
    Thanks for suggestions. I will move to Brindleton Bay then.

You gon' regret it, boi. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Most of my played families live in Willow Creek, where it has been raining 24/7 since I got Seasons (except in Winter, when it snows instead). I've even had snow in Oasis Springs, though, so maybe it's just my game going crazy.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    my legacy family lives in brindleton bay. and i seriously had two days in the entire summer where the sun came out. it rains A LOT. it ruined bbq day :(
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I usually have my sims in Willow Creek (super varied, nice mix) or Del Sol Valley (so much sun. too much sun) so I can’t really give any advice here.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I had to move my family out of Brindleton Bay because of all the rain. I love it there, but my kids love to fish and would not fish in the rain. I got tired of leaving town every day just to fish so I had the family move to Oasis Springs where they now get to happily fish every day. :D
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My legacy family is in Newcrest, so I've gone through more 'years' than I can count, and the weather seems to be pretty balanced. What I truly love about Seasons is that it varies from year to year, just like in the real world. This past year, winter was very cold, but not so snowy, and while my Sims have had a fair bit of rain, I don't think there's been a thunderstorm yet, and they're well into summer. The previous year had thunderstorms constantly through the summer, and loads of snow in the winter.
    I just want things to match. :'(