Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let’s guess what the next pack will be, and the Feb. update!

Ok..... since it’s February, i’m Guessing we will get some kind of romance pack and combo vacation, either beach or alpine. I’m guessing for the sims anniversary we will get cars. Though it wouldn’t bother me at all if we get Witches and Magic!

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Im guessing the next pack will be a witches GP, but a beach vacation GP is also possible. I doubt they would add an alpine destination. We can have beaches without summer, but we can't have alps without snow, so it would require Seasons. I doubt they would make a pack attached to another pack after the reception of My First Pet Stuff.

When it comes to EP I believe the next one is University, but my guess is we won't see it before june.

About romance, I guess they will add a feature or two on the packs to come, but I don't think they will release an actual pack based on that, unless it's a stuff pack, like Romantic Garden (they could remake Master Suite Stuff or something like that).
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I would love a vacation pack but i don’t think we will get one since the last gp was jungle adventure so my guess is witches for ep i hope it’s uni
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I can't guess, really, just hope... But maybe (just maybe) the yeti costume from the latest free content patch was indeed a hint at a snowy vacation destination? As much as I love Selvadorada, at this point I wouldn't object to having some new culture to explore (and preferably in a cold environment for a change), or better yet, a snowy world that sims can actually live in. As for such a pack requiring Seasons, they could make it so that the world has a snowy ground texture, but no actual weather or snow interactions unless Seasons is installed. And if it comes in a free patch, like Newcrest did, no one could complain about paying for something they can't make full use of.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    I don't think we'll get a vacation pack, we got it last year and I don't want another one tbh, not before witches. Don't get me wrong, I hope we all get what we want... But it doesn't feel right to me if they let occult players down.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @Wallsisms4ever
    Actually, it'd be entirely possible to make an Alpine region without depending on Seasons' winter season to operate. All it would need is snow textures on the region (which would be permanent since it's a vacation zone). It doesn't need to actually snow to give us the feel of the Alpines, and it wouldn't be terribly hard to have a "winter" without any of the winter features if you don't own Seasons, and have an active winter if you do (similar to how if you don't own Seasons, the default season is summer without the summer features). All of the stuff you'd do there, like skiing, snowboarding, etc, would all be handled by items and zone features, so they wouldn't be dependent on having the winter from Seasons. It's very feasible to have an Alpine pack without Seasons.

That said, I don't think an Alpine region would differ THAT much from Granite falls, given that they're both wooded with evergreens, mountainous, and all that. About the only difference would be a lodge hotel to stay at, as opposed to a campsite or rental home, and of course the snowy activities as opposed to forest activities. I think the beach would be a more diverse vacation spot.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm not sure what will come next. Though I do like to speculate, I'd be happy to see anything involving Witches, Education, or Farming/Ranch type pack. But those are the things I wish to see in the game soon.

I do like the idea of a vacation pack but I'd hope that it would include swimming in the open world. It would also be nice to have some new romantic interactions like slow dancing together and I miss the woo hoo in the shower interaction, while I do want this to return to the game these aren't a priority for me.

Honestly I like most anything added to the game and would be fine with whatever came next. I just wish they'd tell us more or announce things sooner. It always seems like a long wait in between packs and the game can get boring waiting for new stuff or even just waiting for new information.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2019
    Maybe an occult pack or something, it's time to give a fantasy players their another pack, sims 4 is focused too much on realstic gameplay it's getting old fast(imo), currently we only have Vampire and Alien, a Werewolf would be nice
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    My guess is a witches gamepack.
  • thecurvynerdthecurvynerd Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel like I should preface my comment by saying that I've only had the game since right around Thanksgiving and have never played any of the previous variations... but based on what I've seen from previous Sims games I'm really hoping it's a witches gamepack. I keep watching videos from Sims 3 and I'd looooove that be able to have that. I like vampires but witches would be even better.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2019
    Witches definitely witches. The new simlish sounded a lot like magic going wrong and potion making. Plus there's is magic hints in get famous.
    And big update in February I guess.
    Maybe cars, maybe freed babys. I let me suprise me what it is.
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited January 2019
    My guess would be Valentine's day content. Maybe they'll bring back that cupid (angel wing) costume from ts3 for the men to wear. Hopefully, it'll be skimpy for my beefcake male couple.

I don't think witches will come (if ever) unless it's for a big Halloween reveal.
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    anything but,

witches :(
    university :|
    another holiday pack :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Madachan88 What hints at magic were there in Get Famous? I'd love to know.
    And also, back in October, one of the gurus posted on twitter, just before Get Famous launched, that GF would not contain cars, nor would they appear anytime in the near future. So on a production timeline, that'd mean probably the next 2-3 packs and/or patches would have no cars.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m not sure what to expect from future content, but I certainly have things in mind I’d love to see! (There’s a lot I’d like to see so I’m definitely not going to be disappointed.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    After listening to the new simlish, I'm pretty sure it's witches. I wonder what are those magic easter eggs in GF people are talking about, though. I remember there were a lot of magic references in Laundry Day, but haven't found anything like that in GF.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    It could really be anything.

What I don't think it will be:
    • Witches - Soon, but I don't think it will be the next pack released. Grant did the survey last summer and he's said in the past that it takes 10 months or more to make a game pack.
    • An EP - Probably won't see one of these until summer.
    • A vacation destination - Our last game pack was a vacation pack, so they're probably going to do something different.

What it could be:
    • A stuff pack - Haven't seen one of these for awhile and they've never said they've discontinued them. Could see maybe teen room stuff, romance stuff, or something completely out of left field.
    • A game pack - I think a stuff pack is more likely, but can't rule it out either. Maybe a hotel or a hobbies pack.

Possible update:
    • Stairs! I just have this feeling L-shaped, spiral, and maybe curved stairs are coming soon.
    • Some anniversary and/or Valentine's day stuff maybe.
    • Hopefully bug fixes.

• SilverJSnowSilverJSnow Posts: 22 Member
    I second that it will be some type of vacation spot. I'm hoping for beaches complete with watersports, sandcastles, and tanning. Mermaids would be a good addition to this, too, as well as seashells and beach glass.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Ok..... since it’s February, i’m Guessing we will get some kind of romance pack and combo vacation, either beach or alpine. I’m guessing for the sims anniversary we will get cars. Though it wouldn’t bother me at all if we get Witches and Magic!

Oh yes cars would be perfect for the anniversary.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Im guessing the next pack will be a witches GP, but a beach vacation GP is also possible. I doubt they would add an alpine destination. We can have beaches without summer, but we can't have alps without snow, so it would require Seasons. I doubt they would make a pack attached to another pack after the reception of My First Pet Stuff.

When it comes to EP I believe the next one is University, but my guess is we won't see it before june.

About romance, I guess they will add a feature or two on the packs to come, but I don't think they will release an actual pack based on that, unless it's a stuff pack, like Romantic Garden (they could remake Master Suite Stuff or something like that).

I don't see why they wouldn't do a romance pack. TS1 and 2 both had dating packs. A Stuffpack is too small for romance. We need a GP for that so we can get new animations and interactions.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    @Madachan88 What hints at magic were there in Get Famous? I'd love to know.
    And also, back in October, one of the gurus posted on twitter, just before Get Famous launched, that GF would not contain cars, nor would they appear anytime in the near future. So on a production timeline, that'd mean probably the next 2-3 packs and/or patches would have no cars.

Item descriptions and the lifestyle brands, they're subtle but they're there. And show up the new simlish on the sims community and there you will see that the new gp will be witches. And the vampires gp weren't announced either on halloween and they're released it january 2017.
    edited January 2019

I don't see why they wouldn't do a romance pack. TS1 and 2 both had dating packs. A Stuffpack is too small for romance. We need a GP for that so we can get new animations and interactions.

TS1 and 2 had dating packs because there was no dating system on the base games. Sims 4 has. GPs add new content to the game, and as EA says, they always tell a story. I just don't see them doing a GP on something that already exists, just to enhance it. As dates and romance are things that were already included on base game, making a pack to improve it means people would have to pay for something that should be on the base game, wich could be controversial. All GPs released so far add new gameplay. Just interactions and animations aren't enough for a GP.

I also want more romantic interactions and such, but I think they can either add it through a free update, or add it in other packs. Like adding slow dancing with University and things like that. I just dont see a whole pack based on this. I could be wrong though.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member

TS1 and 2 had dating packs because there was no dating system on the base games. Sims 4 has. GPs add new content to the game, and as EA says, they always tell a story. I just don't see them doing a GP on something that already exists, just to enhance it. As dates and romance are things that were already included on base game, making a pack to improve it means people would have to pay for something that should be on the base game, wich could be controversial. All GPs released so far add new gameplay. Just interactions and animations aren't enough for a GP.

I also want more romantic interactions and such, but I think they can either add it through a free update, or add it in other packs. Like adding slow dancing with University and things like that. I just dont see a whole pack based on this. I could be wrong though.
    They could add a wedding/ honeymoon pack with romantic interactions, and hotels or bed and breakfast or such.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I'd be really disappointed if we got a romance pack. I think it might be witches or a beach destination GP. Although, if we didn't get a pack in Feb I wouldn't be surprised.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    That’s interesting because a Romance pack is what I want the most! I think the romance system currently in the game is really one dimensional and would really like it if they overhauled it, preferably with:

- turn on’s / turn off’s or some other kind of chemistry system, just something that means Sims are a bit more picky! They also shouldn’t be able to marry someone they just met 2 minutes ago...
    - The ability for sims to have a different romance bar to the other sim to pave the way for unrequited love, I think it would add a lot of gameplay value!
    - The ability to have crushes on other sims (including a cute mechanic for kids);
    - Romantic reputation which follows your sims around on the dating scene, linked in with more cheating repercussions. I liked it when you could be caught cheating because other sims saw you in the Sims 3!

Obviously I’d love it if they patched this in (they have patched some of these things in before) but I’m a realist... I think it would have to be a GP, and I’d love it.
  • SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    Witches GP!