Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Just finished Grey generation! Getting the parent skill maxed up was a pain.

Where is everyone else at?

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    EternaltricksterEternaltrickster Posts: 9 New Member
    Finishing up yellow, I'm about to max my sim, Sol's, career and finish his aspiration. I'm having a hard time not letting him have any close relationships honestly, I really like him and his wifes dynamic and he's really close with one of his kids... I foresee a lot for arguments....
    My grey sim is a toddler rn, nothings really happening for him
  • Options
    LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    Currently about halfway through pink generation. Having lots of fun! I've already finished the postcard collection, so I've set myself a little extra challenge of getting all the postcards from the pets from My First Pet, seeing as I finished the postcard collection pretty quickly. I really like my pink sim! Since she has the unflirty trait, I've interpreted this as her being demisexual, which from what I understand means that you only really feel attracted to people once you've built a strong emotional connection. So, since I still wanted her to have a relationship, I made sure that she and her now boyfriend were best friends. I also made sure to take their relationship slow. I'm really enjoying playing like that with her, I think it suits her!
  • Options
    CasplazaCasplaza Posts: 3 New Member
    I just officially finished the Mint generation! I have max charisma and the aspiration complete on my rose generation! I just started the politic career. I'm so excited! I'm loving this challenge and my family so much!
  • Options
    EndereclipsedEndereclipsed Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2019
    Just finished the Orange generation and wow it's was a challenge, but now my Pink heir Scarlett-River is on her own with her cat Mirage.

gJcVRoe.pngNKEdins.pngXAAcoa9.pngJEc2Dyt.pngHHs7kE0.png
    Post edited by Endereclipsed on
    Origin ID: EnderEclipsed
    36500e4441a9d06fa219f2b378eea26a.gif
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    edited January 2019
    MakoSims wrote: »
    I'm trying to make the most of the hot-headed trait but my sim honestly doesn't get angry all too often so I kind of have to force it. I'm trying to give him the Argumentative & Uncontrolled Emotions trait to shake things up a little (might try for the responsible trait too since gen 2 is supposed to be a workaholic but it's not a priority). He's almost in range to get Argumentative but his emotional control is still in the green.

The fame thing is a pretty good idea. I wonder how famous you can get through the politician career. I haven't tested it yet.

Rosalind gets angry all the time, though she's usually happy enough that the anger is canceled out. So far, she's green on all her Character Values except the emotions one. I don't have her do any of the things that would calm her and let her balance out (like writing in a journal or unwind to classical music), but like I said, she's generally happy so she's definitely heading towards the Uncontrolled Emotions. We'll see what happens in the turbulent teenage years. :smiley: I've decided she's going to be a fantastic politician (she's already working on her Charisma skill since she maxed out her childhood Social levels), but with a bit of a temper (or more than a bit of one if the teenage years push her that way). Maybe that's why she can't keep a romance going, and why she never gets married til she's an elder. Hmm, I think I'm beginning to get a feel for how her life should be headed.

I'm intrigued to find out how famous and politician work together, too. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    Did you take pics at all? Do you write simlits or just do gameplay?

I've not heard the term simlits before. That fits rather well. :D

• Options
    zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »
    I'm trying to make the most of the hot-headed trait but my sim honestly doesn't get angry all too often so I kind of have to force it. I'm trying to give him the Argumentative & Uncontrolled Emotions trait to shake things up a little (might try for the responsible trait too since gen 2 is supposed to be a workaholic but it's not a priority). He's almost in range to get Argumentative but his emotional control is still in the green.

The fame thing is a pretty good idea. I wonder how famous you can get through the politician career. I haven't tested it yet.

Rosalind gets angry all the time, though she's usually happy enough that the anger is canceled out. So far, she's green on all her Character Values except the emotions one. I don't have her do any of the things that would calm her and let her balance out (like writing in a journal or unwind to classical music), but like I said, she's generally happy so she's definitely heading towards the Uncontrolled Emotions. We'll see what happens in the turbulent teenage years. :smiley: I've decided she's going to be a fantastic politician (she's already working on her Charisma skill since she maxed out her childhood Social levels), but with a bit of a temper (or more than a bit of one if the teenage years push her that way). Maybe that's why she can't keep a romance going, and why she never gets married til she's an elder. Hmm, I think I'm beginning to get a feel for how her life should be headed.

I'm intrigued to find out how famous and politician work together, too. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

I don’t suggest going for the uncontrolled
    Emotions . I pushed my Red Berry Sim ( Rodger, I made a little adjustment since i didn’t get any girls), into it in his teen years and when he was well into the politician career, the update where they call you to tell you that Sims you know have passed away was an absolute nightmare. Because of the trait, it took him 4 days to end mourning and every time he was out of it, someone else called . Since he was a politician, he knew basically the town. I spent a fortune on the potion that makes your bad emotions go away, because even if he was confident, the sad emotion would take over and people wouldn’t listen to him anymore
  • Options

I don’t suggest going for the uncontrolled
    Emotions . I pushed my Red Berry Sim ( Rodger, I made a little adjustment since i didn’t get any girls), into it in his teen years and when he was well into the politician career, the update where they call you to tell you that Sims you know have passed away was an absolute nightmare. Because of the trait, it took him 4 days to end mourning and every time he was out of it, someone else called . Since he was a politician, he knew basically the town. I spent a fortune on the potion that makes your bad emotions go away, because even if he was confident, the sad emotion would take over and people wouldn’t listen to him anymore

Oh, good to know! Thank you! So maybe I'll keep doing what I'm doing, and just keep her in the red, but not fully red. Her bar hasn't reached the point where I get the message that she's in the zone to get Uncontrolled Emotions, and it sounds like that might be a good thing.
  • Options
    Since I'm about halfway through pink gen, I thought I'd share some of my favourite photos so far!
    A photo of my pink gen sim, Sakura:
    IUq7tiV.png

Ok, so I'm going to add a spoiler now since I've got quite a lot of photos to post hehe
    An attractive photo of my pink gen sim, Sakura, aging up
    MhDPA6E.png
    Her first house, which she shares with her twin sister
    J2W227z.png
    Sakura's twin, Rosa, and one of their dogs (they've got three at that point) called Jax
    Aq8UHGZ.png
    Sakura with Cherry
    8ToqE33.png
    Rose with her then boyfriend, now husband. Needless to say, she moved out not long afterwards
    oRAePsP.png
    This is Rosa's dog, Buster, she took him with her when she moved out
    ZUwPbi1.png
    This is Sakura's best friend since high school, however at this point she's starting to see him as more than a friend :smirk:
    bPFTZgy.png
    First date!
    3zZK3Kt.png
    First kiss!
    uC5cExp.png
    Awww!
    7Twi4lY.png
    Sakura won an award at the Starlight Acolades (am I spelling that right?) for her book!
    XbJNZ5s.png
    Awww 2.0
    wASFwSd.png
    ZFtLxb8.png
    Finished the postcard collection!
    gStKZX9.png
    Two more dates! (Somewhere along the way they became girlfriend and boyfriend :blush:)
    pLgP1bL.jpg
    fxPmRj9.jpg
    Sakura and her hamster
    HAUns0q.png
    First woohoo!
    FiCKQwZ.png
    (Bit of a time jump) A couple of photos of Sakura's pregnancy + ultrasound (twin boy and girl)
    LLhRoRn.png
    2vDYbOv.png
    PL9Sx0R.jpg
    z32XOy4.png
    They moved!
    GQy3T2g.png
    Fun on Halloween!
    3yE9yB3.jpg
    And now, time for couple goals. Their proposal in their Halloween costumes! Also, she did say yes
    AXSq8sT.jpg
    Labour + birth
    6jOuV7Z.png
    4wF8gj4.png
    Babies (Maya-girl , Lee-boy)
    SSPZBOA.png
    AgFKfto.png
    Their beautiful wedding
    uqHiqmg.png
    JAVVZ1W.jpg
    e2NDHHE.jpg
    And last but not least, second pregnancy announcement!
    NZU6Nhf.png
    Still absolutely loving this challenge! I'm sad, I don't want it to be over, but I'm getting relatively close to the end :cry:
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    What packs are needed for this challenge? - I know obviously packs have come out since which aren't apart of it - but in order to do everything as it should be... what packs are included?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    @PastelMermaid

I believe you need
    For mint:
    Get to Work
    City Living

Rose:
    City Living

Yellow:
    Get to Work

Grey:
    City Living
    Movie Stuff (I think thats what its called?)
    Parenthood

Plum
    Get Together
    Get to Work

Orange:
    Get to Work
    City Living

Pink:
    City Living
    Spa Day

Peach:
    Get to Work

Green:
    Outdoor Retreat

Blue:
    Parenthood
    City Living

So to sum it up, in order to do everything in the challenge, you need:
    Get to Work
    City Living
    Movie Stuff
    Parenthood
    Get Together
    Spa Day
    Outdoor Retreat

I hope this helps! Sorry for the really long post.
  • Options
    jlafasojlafaso Posts: 14 New Member
    So I started this challenge maybe two weeks ago. My first generation had twin girls so I am not sure how to pick the heir. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    jlafaso wrote: »
    So I started this challenge maybe two weeks ago. My first generation had twin girls so I am not sure how to pick the heir. Any suggestions?

You could roll a standard six-sided die: 1-3 is the first born twin, 4-6 is the second one.
  • Options
    Luk3P05Luk3P05 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I am on generation 5 (the Plum generation) and I need a few tips on the following things:
    1)How long does it take after divorce to build up the relationship to remarry
    2)I’m not sure I will be able to complete all the skills. I’ve only mastered one (working on guitar) and she is about to become an adult. I want her to gain all the skills by the time she becomes an elder to move onto her daughter. I have the savant reward trait. Is there anything else I could do (Reward traits etc.)
  • Options
    Luk3P05 wrote: »
    Hello, I am on generation 5 (the Plum generation) and I need a few tips on the following things:
    1)How long does it take after divorce to build up the relationship to remarry
    2)I’m not sure I will be able to complete all the skills. I’ve only mastered one (working on guitar) and she is about to become an adult. I want her to gain all the skills by the time she becomes an elder to move onto her daughter. I have the savant reward trait. Is there anything else I could do (Reward traits etc.)
    Make her cook every meal instead of having a quick meal or eating leftovers that will help your cooking skill to go up. Also there are traits for earning skills in the morning or the evening quicker. I think they are each 1,000 points. I'm on that generation too!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    > @swcheppes said:
    > Luk3P05 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, I am on generation 5 (the Plum generation) and I need a few tips on the following things:
    > 1)How long does it take after divorce to build up the relationship to remarry
    > 2)I’m not sure I will be able to complete all the skills. I’ve only mastered one (working on guitar) and she is about to become an adult. I want her to gain all the skills by the time she becomes an elder to move onto her daughter. I have the savant reward trait. Is there anything else I could do (Reward traits etc.)
    >
    >
    >
    > Make her cook every meal instead of having a quick meal or eating leftovers that will help your cooking skill to go up. Also there are traits for earning skills in the morning or the evening quicker. I think they are each 1,000 points. I'm on that generation too!

Thank you @swcheppes! I’m already on level 9 of cooking and getting her to cook meals for her family. I completely forgot about the morning and night sim traits ,so I will definitely try that.
  • Options
    acooleyishacooleyish Posts: 1 New Member
    Y'all has anybody else started this challenge and then all they can think about is the color they are on? Like I'll be doing regular stuff, not playing Sims, and mint green is just like in my brain j chillin.

Anyways, I'm on gen 1 progressing pretty well! My sim is Nicolette Forrest and she is on level 3 for the mischief aspiration and also the 3rd career progression. She is married and pregnant and feelin minty as heck. I'm super excited to start the rose babies. I'm going to make them all rose colored and have them compete to see who will be the heir. I will update with a pic of my founder later.

Peace🖤
  • Options
    @Luk3P05 Hi! Here's a list of some easy skills to build:
    -If you have pets, I recommend getting a dog so you can walk them/jog with them to build fitness (fitness is pretty to build either way though)
    -Cooking is easy to master if you cook every meal
    -Gourmet cooking too
    -Parenting skill is also a really easy one to build
    -Guitar is good for the second career in the life stage
    -Mischief and comedy skills build up quite fast
    -Logic is good too, because you sort of need it for the doctor career anyway
    -Instead of replacing broken items or hiring the repair service, repair items yourself
    -Painting skill goes up pretty fast too
    -Vampire lore builds really quickly
    -Pet training only goes to level 5, so it's quick to master

And some ways to build skills faster:
    -Get those 3 reward traits (morning sim, night owl, savant)
    -Make sure you're in the right mood for the skill (e.g Focused for logic, energised for fitness etc)
    -Multi task (e.g watch the comedy channel while exercising or something similar)

Hope this helps you out! :smile:

• Options
    @LilyBear94 Thank You! I think my sim already has a couple points of the comedy skill so I’ll get it to level 8
  • Options
    My grey sim, Greyson (Im unoriginal I know) just proposed to his gf Chaya. I plan on making them have lots of kids and a winter wedding so I'm excited. His fitness skill is maxed out and his singing is at level 6,,, haven't started the parenting skill but with kids on the way I can safely assume it'll build up.
  • Options
    My grey sim, Greyson (Im unoriginal I know) just proposed to his gf Chaya. I plan on making them have lots of kids and a winter wedding so I'm excited. His fitness skill is maxed out and his singing is at level 6,,, haven't started the parenting skill but with kids on the way I can safely assume it'll build up.

My grey generation is also Greyson, but she's a girl. I love the name!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    edited January 2019
    My gen 1 is dying off. My founders spouse died a few days ago, and I just got the notification that her time is almost up too.

Usually I just let it happen, but I think I'm going to give her a potion of youth. I started feeling regrets that I didn't use all of the science career stuff to its fullest potential, and I don't think her relationship with my yellow gen kid is good enough yet.

I think I got way too attached to this sim. I've had to talk myself out of turning her into a vampire on multiple occasions. I WILL NOT YIELD.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    I am on the plum generation. Just finished the grey! I think this plum generation will be hard. She is a fry cook and getting A's in school. I plan on moving the family to Oasis Springs so that will meet 1/3 different worlds to live in. Good luck everyone.

Gen 1- Peppermint Spears
    Gen 2- Cinnamon Spears/Sepulveda
    Gen 3- Lemon Spears/Bjergsen
    Gen 4- Grace Bjergsen/Delgato
    Gen 5- Violet Delgato
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I know this is probably a silly question but what packs do I need for this challenge? like to play it the whole way through - my other saves are getting stale and I want a proper challenge and to push my game play
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top