Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires / Feeding Questions

I just got this pack last week and have some questions regarding the drinking of plasma.

My first question is, does the vampire have to be friends with a sim before they will give them permission to drink from them? I ask because I started a second save where I created a single female vampire sim, and had her go out hunting at night at the clubs. I had her get romantic and seduce two guys (even had her woohoo them, since that is the fastest way to get the romance bar up). So she ended up having a pretty high romantic relationship with both of these guys (though not high friendship), and both guys turned her down when she asked for permission to drink after woohooing them (of course, I just had her compel them after that...she's not the nicest vampire, lol). The only thing I can think of is it must be tied to the friendship bar, and not the romantic bar, to get permission to drink from other sims?

I also have a question about the "divine drink" moodlet. That vampire took a small drink from three guys that night (two with a romantic relationship, and the last one she just compelled outright), and only one of them gave her the "divine drink" moodlet (the last one, who she had no romance with, go figure).

Also in the save I had already been playing (a baby challenge save), my matriarch sim ended up with a romantic relationship with Caleb (she had twins with him), and built up a friendship only with Vlad. Vlad drank from her one night when visiting, and I switched over to playing him after, and he got the "divine drink" moodlet from drinking from my sim.However, when I had Caleb drink from her (I moved him in temporarily to test this out), he did not get it. I found that interesting because I would have thought the chances of it would be higher if there was a romantic interest there, but it would seem not. I also would have thought that a "tasty" sim would then be tasty to everyone, but apparently not....unless it has to do with Caleb's "guilty drinker" weakness. Do guilty drinkers not get the divine drink moodlet? Or is it that different sims taste "tasty" depending on the vampire?
I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    My first question is, does the vampire have to be friends with a sim before they will give them permission to drink from them?
    They don't need to be friends, but having a better relationship increases the likelihood of them allowing it.
    I ask because I started a second save where I created a single female vampire sim, and had her go out hunting at night at the clubs. I had her get romantic and seduce two guys (even had her woohoo them, since that is the fastest way to get the romance bar up). So she ended up having a pretty high romantic relationship with both of these guys (though not high friendship), and both guys turned her down when she asked for permission to drink after woohooing them (of course, I just had her compel them after that...she's not the nicest vampire, lol). The only thing I can think of is it must be tied to the friendship bar, and not the romantic bar, to get permission to drink from other sims?
    Even if both bars were maxed they might still say no. Sometimes they just aren't in the mood to be drank from.
    I also have a question about the "divine drink" moodlet. That vampire took a small drink from three guys that night (two with a romantic relationship, and the last one she just compelled outright), and only one of them gave her the "divine drink" moodlet (the last one, who she had no romance with, go figure).

Also in the save I had already been playing (a baby challenge save), my matriarch sim ended up with a romantic relationship with Caleb (she had twins with him), and built up a friendship only with Vlad. Vlad drank from her one night when visiting, and I switched over to playing him after, and he got the "divine drink" moodlet from drinking from my sim.However, when I had Caleb drink from her (I moved him in temporarily to test this out), he did not get it. I found that interesting because I would have thought the chances of it would be higher if there was a romantic interest there, but it would seem not. I also would have thought that a "tasty" sim would then be tasty to everyone, but apparently not....unless it has to do with Caleb's "guilty drinker" weakness. Do guilty drinkers not get the divine drink moodlet? Or is it that different sims taste "tasty" depending on the vampire?
    It's just random. There's no tie to relationships and being a guilty drinker has no impact on this. Different vampires will find different sims tasty.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    @Cupid thanks! Exactly what I wanted to know!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

• Options
    My plan with her is she is going to seduce and feed off of every attractive guy she comes across, and turn the ones who aren't "tasty", but leave the "tasty" ones human, and have a club with her turned vamps, and a club with her men to feed off of. She has the vampire family aspiration so I think that will fit nicely. I'm looking forward to playing it out, I think it will be a lot of fun!

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    What I've found with the permission to drink is that if the conversation tone is Pleasant Conversation (or whatever it is after a few friendly interactions), permission will always be granted.
    This is why my vampire's human soulmate (maxed friendship/romance and best friends also) sometimes refuses her for a drink because the convo is still a casual discussion
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    What I've found with the permission to drink is that if the conversation tone is Pleasant Conversation (or whatever it is after a few friendly interactions), permission will always be granted.
    This is why my vampire's human soulmate (maxed friendship/romance and best friends also) sometimes refuses her for a drink because the convo is still a casual discussion

Afai already got this but yes, you'll have more successful chances at getting permission granted to drink if you get their mood pleasant enough to accept it. It would make sense, seeing as you're probably not going to succeed asking your best friend/soulmate for a drink if they're in a foul mood.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    @afai1261 @paradiseplanet thank you both for that, tonight I made sure to have her hold a "pleasant conversation" before she asked permission, and sure enough it worked both times!

What I find a bit strange is that before when she asked she was having steamy / suggestive conversations, which I would have thought would be just as good / if not better. I had the idea in my mind of the seductive vampire, who seduces their prey into allowing them to drink from them, but that obviously isn't the case. I was surprised to find that it was much easier than that!

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ironically if you have Get Famous, even the slightest feeding interaction no matter if you asked or not and even if anyone else saw you or not gives you negative rep from everyone :angry:

It's probably a bug sure, but in the meantime it is quite annoying if you're trying to portray a good vampire.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Ironically if you have Get Famous, even the slightest feeding interaction no matter if you asked or not and even if anyone else saw you or not gives you negative rep from everyone :angry:

It's probably a bug sure, but in the meantime it is quite annoying if you're trying to portray a good vampire.

Could be a feature. I remember Sims 3 nightlife having a certain disdain for the occult.

Woohoo with a Vampire, Werewolf, or anything supernatural (EVEN IF YOU ARE ONE) and the public gets angry at you. Even if its in some secret bunker underground, they know. Ah well, they always were good cowplant food anyway.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah, the conversation mood needs to be Pleasant first before someone will let you drink from them.

One quick way to do this is to have a vampire sim grow up with Good Manners, and then do the Polite Introduction. Instant boost to the relationship, instantly pleasant conversation. It's very handy.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    So my vamp sim has made her rounds so to speak on her quest to find out which men in her sim world are yummy sims to her, so she is at least acquaintances with pretty much every guy there is. In most cases she was able to get the guy to agree to allow her to drink, but a few are keen to deny her even when it gets to a pleasant conversation (Johnny Zest and Joaquin Le Chien are especially prone to saying no, I guess they have vampire phobias or something). In Joaquin's case, it probably doesn't help that my vamp turned his roommate Sergio so he is now living with a vampire. I am not sure if the game randomly assigns certain sims to be less likely to agree, or if it is something that randomly happens every so often, but both of those guys have rejected her request twice now (with pleasant conversations). But I guess those aren't bad odds compared to all the victims who agreed so I'll take it.

• Options
    SnarlySnarly Posts: 13 New Member
    > @ladysweettart said:
    > @Cupid thanks! Exactly what I wanted to know!

It's worth noting that the charisma skill is important too, not only to get them in the right mood and keep them there, but i believe it increases the success chance, like it does with romance and all sorts of things. Definitely one of the more important skills to level up.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited January 2019
    I try to get a Pleasant conversation going between my Vampire Sim and her husband before I have her ask. He's always given permission when I've done that. Both of their bars are maxed too.

Edit: And I just realized somebody already posted about that. Oops.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2019
    Even with a pleasant conversation, it's still pretty random when it comes who wants to give their wrist to the vampire, in the case of my sim, his ex-wives most of the time declined to offer her wrist, I think i needed to have a long conversation with her even after pleasant conversation for her to gave her wrist, while most of his progeny willingly give their wrist to their father even when they were in a badmood.
    ihavemultiplegamertags