Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

“Check-in at...”

I’m in the style influencer career and just picked my branch - I’ve been given the daily task to check-in at the museum but I don’t see how I do this...

Help?!!!
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    When you go to the museum just go to your phone and it should be a listed option. I think it's under social? But the check-in should show up.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Thank you @LadyKyn - I went to the museum in BB (on the island) but I couldn't see it anywhere, I will try another "museum" venue and see if that works :)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you @LadyKyn - I went to the museum in BB (on the island) but I couldn't see it anywhere, I will try another "museum" venue and see if that works :)

I believe it has to be done at the museum that comes with the Get Famous world. Apparently it has special content the other museums don't have.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I believe it has to be done at the museum that comes with the Get Famous world. Apparently it has special content the other museums don't have.

Does it? Haven't seen that just yet, since I assumed i was much like checking in at a venue much like the social media career. I'll have to visit it to check it haven't visited that museum yet. Thanks for the heads up. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • juggernautxxiiijuggernautxxiii Posts: 2 New Member
    I've tried this at all the museums, I can't seem to get the action to come up. Has anyone had any luck with this?
  • Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Great....So they didn't think about the potential problems this would cause for players who do not have the new expac? I mean it was a "free addition" was it not? This just further proves that the devs at EA/Maxis have not a clue.

@rosemow Please suggest to the devs that they need to have a "bug report" built into the game that can be used during gameplay that will send the report directly to EA/Maxis. If it is set up correctly it would send all the pertinent information to the devs. At least that would give players a reason to have to stay online.
  • juggernautxxiiijuggernautxxiii Posts: 2 New Member
    I read through some other posts about it. The activity is title really poorly. I went to the museum and interviewed someone which appears to have worked. I suggest trying to do the stylist interactions at the museum and see if that works!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I read through some other posts about it. The activity is title really poorly. I went to the museum and interviewed someone which appears to have worked. I suggest trying to do the stylist interactions at the museum and see if that works!

Thank you!!! I was just trying to figure this out, then I read your comment and interviewed a sim, and it worked! I feel like the Stylist career is interesting but needs more clarity with how to do certain objectives, it also seems to be quite buggy, especially with the Sketchpad.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019

But that Celebrity museum came with Get Famous - which does not help people who got the career free - but not the museum. I do not have Get Famous.

ETA - I didn't have it but now I do thanks to a generous gifter. It did work in the Get Famous Motion Picture Museum for me.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member

"Interview" worked for me. They need to change the wording.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited January 2019
    I just got the work from home task to 'check in at a park'. I am to go to a gym or park and check out fitness attire.
    I tried both park and gym, interviewed, discussed asked to model. Tried updating social media just in case. Nothing seems to be completing this one.

Edit: I got it to work by asking to see an athletic outfit.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • WildwingSuzWildwingSuz Posts: 3 New Member
    I've tried everything mentioned here and nothing works. Gone to three different gyms and two parks, the museum in San Myshuno, tried interviewing, taking selfies, updating social media, add to Simstagram, etc. She's supposed to check-in at a park or gym. Ran out of time! What an annoyance. I love this game, but sometimes the bugs are off-putting.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I've tried everything mentioned here and nothing works. Gone to three different gyms and two parks, the museum in San Myshuno, tried interviewing, taking selfies, updating social media, add to Simstagram, etc. She's supposed to check-in at a park or gym. Ran out of time! What an annoyance. I love this game, but sometimes the bugs are off-putting.

At this point, just cheat it. Get the UI extensions mod (http://modthesims.info/d/558548/ui-cheats-extension.html) and cheat the requirement.
  • WildwingSuzWildwingSuz Posts: 3 New Member
  • HolyLaraHolyLara Posts: 1 New Member
    > @PastelMermaid said:
    > I’m in the style influencer career and just picked my branch - I’ve been given the daily task to check-in at the museum but I don’t see how I do this...
    >
    > Help?!!!

OMG I figured it out. You have to update your social media status on your mobile HAHAHAHA
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Wow. Well, I had to check in at a bar, club or lounge. After finding this thread i was able to complete it by interviewing a sim.
    This needs a fix. This career has been out for how many months now? I shouldn't need to come here for a work around, sorry.
    edited January 2019
    And another thing.
    My sim just got promoted to level 7 style influencer. Her task is to fashion blog for 2 hours. Well. Now that she's level 7, there is no fashion blog. Its now called "blog style guide" ... Wow. So thankfully I can complete the task "fashion blog for 2 hours" by "blog style guide" -ing for 2 hours. But again, this needs an update.
    Its just text. How hard can this be?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2019
    Have you tried setting up a social media profile (available on the computer under Social Networking)? I think that you need a social media profile before you can get the check-in feature.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Kay now that i have to check in at a park (or if you hover over, it says park OR gym) either way, interviewing sims is not competing the task. This is lovely.
  • SugiliteSugilite Posts: 7 New Member
    Just ran into this issue myself. The park is the only one giving me the issue. I've tried all the suggestions, but nothing works. :')
  • ToyaallenToyaallen Posts: 4 New Member
    go to the museum and interview someone, the task will be completed.
  • witchkid44witchkid44 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi all. So to complete this task I went to the gym in Del Sol Valley, found a friend who was in athletic gear, complemented their style and asked for them to model their look in the friendly option. Happy Simming!
  • FadedUnicornTearsFadedUnicornTears Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn’t see the “check-in” initially, but once I moved further into the park, it came up under social. After I did one other action in the park.
  • LadySuncrusherLadySuncrusher Posts: 3 New Member
    Fellow Simmers, just visit a Museum and interview another Sim :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top