Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starlight Accolades Location

I need some help making my lounge eligible to host the Starlight Accolades.

I gave Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno the Hottest Spot in Town trait, made sure it really is a lounge and that it has a microphone.
Then I removed Hottest Spot from the Studio lot in Del Sol Valley and just to be on the save side made that lot generic. As an added precaution I also removed Hottest Spot from the museum.

So after this Stargazer Lounge is the only lounge with the trait.

I did a save_as, exit the game, deleted localthumbcache and went in again.

Sent my sims to Stargazer Lounge at sunday, waited for 19:00, but the Accolades didn't trigger.

What am I missing to make this work?

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    i havent played much with get famous yet. how often are the accolades?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I think every sunday. But I'm not sure. I only ever go when one of my sims gets a notification that they are nominated.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    i havent played much with get famous yet. how often are the accolades?

Every single sunday. If you also have Seasons expansion pack, the event is also in the calendar (with the time and location).
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I need some help making my lounge eligible to host the Starlight Accolades.

I gave Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno the Hottest Spot in Town trait, made sure it really is a lounge and that it has a microphone.
    Then I removed Hottest Spot from the Studio lot in Del Sol Valley and just to be on the save side made that lot generic. As an added precaution I also removed Hottest Spot from the museum.

So after this Stargazer Lounge is the only lounge with the trait.

I did a save_as, exit the game, deleted localthumbcache and went in again.

Sent my sims to Stargazer Lounge at sunday, waited for 19:00, but the Accolades didn't trigger.

What am I missing to make this work?

I am not 100% sure that this is the only requirement, but I think you need to set up a seating area in front of the microphone that replicates the arrangement in the DSV lounge. I also used the new mic that came with GF. When I did this, The Starlight Accolades switched to my SM lounge.
    edited January 2019
    They have seats and tables, but only the old micro. I'll try switching it out.

I put the new micro and the exact same chairs in the same formation, but nothing happened.

It's 17:39 in the test save. Maybe the location gets determined beforehand and I just need to wait till next sunday.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
    edited January 2019

I put the new micro and the exact same chairs in the same formation, but nothing happened.

It's 17:39 in the test save. Maybe the location gets determined beforehand and I just need to wait till next sunday.

I don't really know how long it took to switch locations. I wasn't really thinking it would work. Just noticed that it had changed. Wish I could tell you more.

I also added the bouncer door a piano and a violin.

Does the Stargazer have a door? Or do you just get off the elevator? Maybe it's the door?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member

I was also thinking this. With the calendar system it kind of makes sense. I doubt it's about a single item or how they're set. I don't think the game can check those, apart from the normal lounge requirements. I need to see how this works in my game. I'm hoping the GF events could alternate between my suitable locales.
    It worked!

I fast-forwarded the week with a hibernating vampire and come sunday took him to Stargazer Lounge. The "ceremony is about to begin" - notification popped up 18:00 already (when you're nominated it sais 19:00) and everything worked fine. Starlight Accolades under the stars and atop San Myshuno's amazing skyline :)

So, yes, the location seems to really get predetermined at some point. I do not have seasons, so I cannot check when it appears in the calendar,

On a sidenote, I'd been very disappointed if I'd had to place a bouncer door or create a fully enclosed room. I have one bouncer door in that lounge, but it only gates off the pool/wellness area. The Starlight Accolades I want to be a free for all and especially under the open sky.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm really glad to hear that it works and is just wonky for the one week after the location is changed. was rather worrying that somehow the fact that the lot was a 'penthouse' one and used an elevator instead of spawning sims on the ground would affect this
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    It worked!

I fast-forwarded the week with a hibernating vampire and come sunday took him to Stargazer Lounge. The "ceremony is about to begin" - notification popped up 18:00 already (when you're nominated it sais 19:00) and everything worked fine. Starlight Accolades under the stars and atop San Myshuno's amazing skyline :)

So, yes, the location seems to really get predetermined at some point. I do not have seasons, so I cannot check when it appears in the calendar,

On a sidenote, I'd been very disappointed if I'd had to place a bouncer door or create a fully enclosed room. I have one bouncer door in that lounge, but it only gates off the pool/wellness area. The Starlight Accolades I want to be a free for all and especially under the open sky.

This sounds cool :) Might be boring going to the same old place in the long run, I might add another venue at some point.

You have no fame restriction to enter, does this drag a larger crowd? Are fans flocking to the event, or do they not come as there is no bouncer?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I didn't notice a difference in the number of sims spawning and at first their behaviour didn't change, either. Usually my sims are rather desinterested in the ceremony, regardless of where it happens. In the old location the fans and the paparazzi would do their thing outside, some would also interact with the bouncer. But once the sims were inside, they sort of lost interest.

Here is an overview of the new lot, it's basically a 5-minute-edit to the Maxis lounge. The red area is the wellness area, accessable for 2 star celebs and up. The yellow square marks the ceremony space and as you can see it takes the sims some time to reach it, with several distractions in their way.

15.01.19_22-30-35aywjiz.jpg

After the notification popped up, there was a mass exodus of patrons and service personell. I think that's normal?
    Then game then started sending new sims, among them Thorne Bailey who attracted quite a lot of attention posing in front of the toilets.
    15.01.19_22-43-30x5jh8.jpg

The first candidate had maybe two spectators? The real action was all over the place, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the bouncer door. So I cannot tell whether the sims tried getting in or not.
    Now I know shooting into the light is bad photography, but I love how the setting sun illuminates the celeb.15.01.19_22-44-3603kam.jpg

A few shots of the skyline for those interested. It would look better if the stage was facing the side where the bubble blower is now, but I do not want to have it that close to the elevator.
    Pictured is the second winner and by the time there were between one and four spectators watching. Later it went up to eight.
    15.01.19_22-46-351dkqe.jpg
    15.01.19_22-47-01w0kv0.jpg
    15.01.19_22-47-19rvkfg.jpg
    15.01.19_22-48-243ejwm.jpg

The stars are out, literally & figuratively. It's properly dark by now and I just love the open space.
    15.01.19_22-50-29cuj81.jpg

And the end result. At this point the action culminated around the microphone, with a lone bartender and bouncer in the background, but the lounge being empty otherwise. So, long story short, I'd say having no fame requirement does help to populate the ceremony stage. But only with the sims that would have been at the venue already, no extras spawned.
    15.01.19_22-54-0908kn9.jpg

edited January 2019
    It worked!

Yay! For you.

Dw-55EUX0AMAuj_.jpg
    *Bows and makes a speech of thanks*

And I see there is another skyline fan :) Love it!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Very interesting seeing how you guys altered those lots. Gave me some ideas :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg