Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    8-tile to 12-tile Carport covers, booth covers 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5 or 6x6, (especially for outdoor DJ booths - and this should be automatic for DJ booths at the Ruins or the Chalet if it is raining), tarp covers over Geekcon computers when it is raining. These should also prevent Sims standing under them from getting soaked.
    51awFfmiwSL._SX425_.jpg
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited January 2019
    Ida_fs wrote: »
    dear Origin

i have an idea for the sims 4 opgrade. My idea are a school opgrade where you eg. you want to control them in school and work as a teacher.
    you want control teenagers in high school.
    And you can wear a school uniform. and make you own lunch pack ore buy lunch/food in the cafeteria. there should be recesses
    where you can do various activities.

best regards
    Ida fogtmann sonderskov
    10 years old

Yes, kind of like Zerbu's Get to School mod, only an official part of the game. There should be a blackboard and a whiteboard, lunchbox decorative clutter, and functional coat racks with more hooks. There should also be a cafeteria booth object that maybe works like the espresso stand. This should also come with an Education career. Possible tracks or promotions: Preschool teacher, Elementary school teacher, Principal, Junior high school/middle school teacher, high school teacher, college professor, college dean. The blackboard or whiteboard could also be used by students to draw funny pictures when the teacher isn't around (such as stick figures, cartoon characters, and impressions of the teacher or principal...resulting in discipline if the teacher catches them at it, and teacher will automatically erase it when he/she returns).

I think it would be good to introduce active grade school/middle school(if they do preteens)/high school at the same time you introduce university. If college professor/college dean is a separate education career, it could have promotions from graduate student, to graduate intern, to doctoral candidate, to professor, to tenured professor, to dean, and possibly to university president.
    For the toddlers, active preschool would be nice too, maybe introduce some group activities like forming a circle and singing, and a new object like a coloring book (the coloring book should also be usable by children) that increases creativity. Other than that, the existing toddler objects like activity table, toys, toddler slide, and ball pit should cover it.
    Active high school would need a locker storage object that could work like a storage chest, bookshelf, or refrigerator, only for things like backpacks, books, and journals. Optional: high school meanies or those with an evil trait could draw graffiti on lockers, nice or mean or funny or flirty notes could be left on lockers. Students could be disciplined by the principal for graffiti, or for leaving too many mean or flirty notes.

Another thing to introduce with university - or sooner - is a laptop computer. I have several pieces of custom content that are laptop computers cloned from desktop computers. Ideally, the laptops would be portable so Sims could move them to their inventory. There should also be portable folding chairs that can be put in inventory. One of the apartments in San Myshuno (that needs TLC) has chairs that look like folding chairs but do not have the option to put them in inventory. Also, gaming headsets for Sims would be a fun addition to the game (they could be hats for instance). True story, I also do online karaoke with my gaming headset: that would be a fun option to add to my Sims computers, or to Sims smartphones (yes there's an app for that).
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited January 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »
    @justdarcy

Don't get me started, oops to late. lol
    I totally agree You have many great ideals. :)

They are categorizing everything by cost, and money is the least of our problems. if we find we can not buy something we can move on.

So seems to me We have good designers, only after they give their boss the Beautiful set they take the tops that go with the skirt and put all the tops in one room, and the skirts in another, how awful.

Another thing if they could put Sets together. we can find what matches easier. If you have dressers that match put them all together. Or Beds that was made to be apart of a set put that together.All the windows that match together please, nooo, not small windows together Sets Pleasee

Our Eyes become strained just trying to find what we want to build with for these very problems.

Can you imagine a furniture store sorting by Surfaces?? and their ideal of a surface may not be the same in our mind.

If you need Furniture for your new home in real life, and you go to a store, that had all the dining chairs together, then all the tables. then all the living room chairs without the matching couch and loveseat, You would leave fast to go to a different store, to keep your sanity.

Please do not put all the chairs together, we rather you show us the table that matches them. also if its other parts that were made to match.

Sort by Money no because we can always get money if we want it in the game, with money cheats.

Please if you will set up build buy as real stores do. If our build and buy were in real people would leave the store because they would be too tired of looking. Just to find a dresser to match a tall dresser that they like, all alone it's two more that match what they were looking for, but now this is a week later they find out.

We could truly die before we leave build buy.

Same with Create a Sims. I am sure the designers made skirts or pants to match some tops, but they just put everything in the box together, like skirts, tops.

OMG just thinking about what we go through to dress our Avatars. (Sims)

After dressing a larger family, wow sometimes you have taken so long you even miss eating, or work even lol.

After they have put everything that matches together then they can make an area for single pieces.

Oh and please give us more delicate colors, yes it's females out here and truth we do like some more delicate colors on our single beds because they are for our kids, (All our beds,) and if you could please 4 pillows the other two can just rest on the headboard of the bed, and please do not forget more fun patterns for kids.

Just because,(I feel you chose to mostly ignore females, (girls, teen girls, and ladies) that will not make us go away, we just get tired of looking for something nice. we have a secret dislike for you for what you're doing. No matter how hard you try we will never conform to dressing our girls like boys.
    or make their rooms in all dark or just ugh off colors. Yes, you have a sprinkle here and there but your efforts are to ignore the feelings of females in the colors of our bed linens. And window treatment.
    But Why?

I thought it was the designers, but after I was watching your live broadcast I saw one of your lovey designers come to her boss with something in Pink, (you know who you are, I like you I understand how you are, same as my brother.) You turn her away and made and negative comment about not wanting anything Barbie. Now was that a nice thing to say?

Now with Seasons, we need to be able to save sets for each s
    Seasons
    that we can just click for our spring/summer, or fall and winter outfits or clothing sets. You would make life for us simmers a lot easier, Thanks.

Sorry, I do space, but only so it's easier on your eyes.

I agree but I would go one step further...I would like to see the return of collections folders from Sims 2, and the option to create and add new items to build/buy collections. The collections folders in Sims 2 showed things like furniture of a certain style, sets, even some custom content creators were able to make their own collections folders and put custom content sets in it.

Finally, as to the "nothing Barbie" in response to pink items: if you are going to market to preteenage girls (or to overprotective parents who want to baby their teens), you WANT pink and purple and lots of glitter. If you are marketing to an older audience, we want more romance interactions, like slow dance, cuddle, goose, and dip kiss. Older audiences also can handle more drama and danger in the game (such as handheld chainsaws that slow down the Sim holding it and cause Sims in the area to run away as fast as possible in fear, or knock-out injections that could be given by a Sim in the medical profession). If you want to market to boys and men, you want to add drivable cars and trucks (preferably with bumper stickers, spoilers, and hood ornaments as a decorative option), swords, armor, medieval clothing, adult monster costumes, and fencing to the game, along with more mazes and puzzles to solve in the game.
    books-for-girls-aged-8-12-volume-2-witch-school-the-secret-i-shrunk-my-bf-body-swap.jpghqdefault.jpg
    CarRoundup-Mclaren.jpg

ca01461__1_438fc36e-b6e8-4925-9598-d6fcacca75fc_1024x1024.jpg?v=1538639146
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
  • connoeccconnoecc Posts: 5 New Member
    Small/Simple outdoor activities! A soccer ball, football, frisbee, picnic blanket, portable telescope, etc. Some of those small and portable activities like we had in the sims 3. You could even make a Family Game Night stuff pack! Not only could it have outdoor games but also you could add board games, video game stuff, and some more bar games like billiards and another foosball table.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Okay this was totally inspired by a post I just came across a few minutes ago, and I didn't comb through this thread to see if anyone else has mentioned it so forgive me if it's a repeat:

Custom lifespans! If not custom, something in between Normal and Long, pretty please :)<3
  • Dark4ngel24Dark4ngel24 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see;

Pushchairs/Prams for toddlers/babies

Changing Tables

I really miss being able to buy clothes and them be the only clothes that appear in your wardrobe. I think it was only done in The Sims 2.

Universitys/Colleges, Supernatural/Witches, More Highschool Activities, Vehicles like boats, bikes, motorbikes, boats.

Highlights, I miss how much detail you could put into the hair in The Sims 3.

The Sims 2 Open for Business, I loved how you could play any role in your business without any limits and that I could have my home ontop of my business. In The Sims 4 for example my playable Sims cant be the chef in their cafe/restaurant.

A lot more recipes or an option that lets you create your own.

Thank you for taking the time to read what I wrote😊😊.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    the new terrain tools are awesome, but I noticed that you can't paint over the dirt that appears. that doesn't seem very fair, especially since there isn't a terrain paint that matches the dirt. I mean, what if we want to make snowy mountains or large, grassy hills?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • atrainoratrainor Posts: 29 Member
    I'd like to have nail polish for sims.
  • GarffieGarffie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys,
    Not sure this is the right place, but I'd like to signal an issue that is bothering me quite often.
    When I switch from high walls to low walls I lose everything that is on those walls, not only doors, windows, but also decorations. If you do so voluntarily then you can undo, that's fine. But today somehow this happened by mistake, while building a pool, and I didn't realize the wall height of the house changed, which made me lose a lot of stuff.
    I couldnt undo as I had done a lot in the meantime and it was quite frustrating.

Losing objects can also happen when placing a staircase, which for some reason you cannot turn before you place, only after.
    Hope you can take this into account.
    thanks!
  • MishaWolfeMishaWolfe Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally would love to see a add on that lets you make a music band with more instruments, I think it would go well with the Get Famous that just came out.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    let us change the names of the worlds. there's a name changer mod out there, which is neat, but you have to change the names in the mod before starting a new game for it to take effect. since new worlds comes out, it's such a hassle to start a new game each time, so we should be able to just click and edit the world name as easily as we can name a lot. also, even with all the worlds we have right now, it's so small, and so much more could be done if we had a world maker, if that's possible. then we could have more room for those of us who like vastness and detail. I mean, the worlds are more like cities, and the whole game together is a world, a planet. we need more space to build that world.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Amber_DiPhillipoAmber_DiPhillipo Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Reitanna said:
    > let us change the names of the worlds. there's a name changer mod out there, which is neat, but you have to change the names in the mod before starting a new game for it to take effect. since new worlds comes out, it's such a hassle to start a new game each time, so we should be able to just click and edit the world name as easily as we can name a lot. also, even with all the worlds we have right now, it's so small, and so much more could be done if we had a world maker, if that's possible. then we could have more room for those of us who like vastness and detail. I mean, the worlds are more like cities, and the whole game together is a world, a planet. we need more space to build that world.

I 100% agree! A create a world tool for the Sims 4 would be nice.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Fencing as a separate skill, or even an alternative option for the Athletic skill.

Final_Trophee_Monal_2012_n08.jpg

Sewing machine (s per Sims 2)

Pottery wheel (as per Sims 2)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • evelinamarinaevelinamarina Posts: 9 New Member
    Oh I'd love like a mini-CAST for build & buy-mode. You know how nothing matches, and how annoying that is? A mini-CAST could solve that! It could be like... 15 base colors and 10 wood colors or something, and just a few textures, like plain, wood and stone. I'm soo tired of having things in game that SHOULD match, but don't, and this could solve that without being as tough on the engine as in Sims 3.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Sims reacting to other sims presence.....This really needs toning down a lot...very very annoying...Almost as bad as the constant hugging and kissing.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Overhaul on personalities
    Improved babies and teens
    Cars
    More different types of staircases
    More romance (kissing on the bed, woohoo in shower, slowdancing etc)
    Lying on the bed interactions
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Elevators and bathroom stalls please. Also the ability to build our own L-shaped and U-shaped stairs.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited January 2019
    removed :D
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
    I want to go to school with teens/kids and be allowed to build self made elementary/high schools.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Hand in hand/arm in arm walking. For kids and grown ups, and same ages with each other. Could be a romantic strollor parents walking with kids. Sims have never really been able to walk together, like together together. I wouldn't even care for multitasking. This could be done like walking the dog. The sims get attached and walk to a spot or a little walk around like jogging.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    More makeup

Eyelash options

More hairstyles

More toddler hairstyles, boy and girl, PLEASE!

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I would like to see the street gallery for selling paintings in yard sales (or around the city) from Sims4 City Living working properly and continuously as it hasn't worked in over a year since the C&D patch. I have complained numerous times on older topic related threads and tech site that rosemow politely referred me to but there hasn't been any response. Do they plan to ever fix this? I see others having this same problem on this and other forums. Do we need a more current thread about this? If so, I wish someone would start one.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Just gonna copy-paste what I posted in a thread about what I want to see in 2K19.

Improved babies needs to happen on way or another. Either they need to do a massive overhaul of the current babies or add a new version of babies that aren't aren't tied to the bassinet and can allow for all of the improvements that fans who want the upgrade wish for. (I put this mainly because I know some people prefer the current babies that don't do much. I like to satisfy all sides if possible.)

I must start by saying that I'm not a fan of the babies being newborns because it seems to give the developers an excuse to not do anything with them. They can justify keeping them locked to one area as a literal object since "newborns don't do much". I personally wish for babies that would around 7-8 months old. In that stage they can't walk yet, but aren't stationary either. I'd like it if babies had a movement skill and could learn to crawl upon maximizing it. I think it would be very fitting since toddlers don't crawl in TS4 and just walk automatically. (If I'm being completely honest, I'd like babies to be able to waddle around as well, but that would probably be too similar to toddlers so I'll sacrifice that). Moving on, I want babies to be alive. I want them able to play with toys, sit in a high chair and eat, be taken out in a stroller, and I want them to play with their older siblings especially. It feels like babies aren't part of the family in TS4 to me. If you don't have a sims take the initiative and go to them, the baby will never know them since they're stuck and can't go to them themselves. I want them to be customizable. I want to create them in CAS, give them hair, give them clothes, set their skin tone, give them accessories, etc. I want them to have traits and be fussy or angelic like toddlers. I want them to be able to start babbling which would lead to the toddler's babbling and eventual speech. I want them to start out having to be bottle fed (or breastfed) before being able to feed themselves from a bottle and maybe eat baby food.

Babies need to be a life stage, not an object. It's sad that they could make cats and dogs actual sims that count as sims in your household, but human babies are just an object. That's just wrong imo and I desperately wish they either update babies or create a new older baby life stage that can allow for new interactions.

Sadly, none of this is likely to happen and babies will remain objects for the next 3 years of TS4. It's sad, but oh well.
    Just gonna copy-paste what I posted in a thread about what I want to see in 2K19.

Improved babies needs to happen on way or another. Either they need to do a massive overhaul of the current babies or add a new version of babies that aren't aren't tied to the bassinet and can allow for all of the improvements that fans who want the upgrade wish for. (I put this mainly because I know some people prefer the current babies that don't do much. I like to satisfy all sides if possible.)

I must start by saying that I'm not a fan of the babies being newborns because it seems to give the developers an excuse to not do anything with them. They can justify keeping them locked to one area as a literal object since "newborns don't do much". I personally wish for babies that would around 7-8 months old. In that stage they can't walk yet, but aren't stationary either. I'd like it if babies had a movement skill and could learn to crawl upon maximizing it. I think it would be very fitting since toddlers don't crawl in TS4 and just walk automatically. (If I'm being completely honest, I'd like babies to be able to waddle around as well, but that would probably be too similar to toddlers so I'll sacrifice that). Moving on, I want babies to be alive. I want them able to play with toys, sit in a high chair and eat, be taken out in a stroller, and I want them to play with their older siblings especially. It feels like babies aren't part of the family in TS4 to me. If you don't have a sims take the initiative and go to them, the baby will never know them since they're stuck and can't go to them themselves. I want them to be customizable. I want to create them in CAS, give them hair, give them clothes, set their skin tone, give them accessories, etc. I want them to have traits and be fussy or angelic like toddlers. I want them to be able to start babbling which would lead to the toddler's babbling and eventual speech. I want them to start out having to be bottle fed (or breastfed) before being able to feed themselves from a bottle and maybe eat baby food.

Babies need to be a life stage, not an object. It's sad that they could make cats and dogs actual sims that count as sims in your household, but human babies are just an object. That's just wrong imo and I desperately wish they either update babies or create a new older baby life stage that can allow for new interactions.

Sadly, none of this is likely to happen and babies will remain objects for the next 3 years of TS4. It's sad, but oh well.

I definitely would have liked babies that were in the 7 month old crawling stage. They would have been adorable. And I would have loved that.
    In sims 3 sims could drink from kegs with university! Bring that back. Additionally, allow sims to become buzzed from drinking and allow them to behave dazed/drunken and act silly and perform special buzzed interactions! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top