Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you keep yourself playing?

2...Next

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    If I manage to care about my sims, it's never boring. If not, it's just that I need a house rotation to keep things fresh.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Hejix -It sounds like you play it rotationally which is how I play it since I have a very heavily Modded game.I configured my story progression for the Sims 2 style of story progression which forces me to play the entire town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2018
    CC and downloadable content is replay gold.👌
    It adds so much more to the game. Also, I find the community sparks new motivation to get into game too, so thanks everyone😘
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm playing a Legacy challenge, which I didn't fully read properly so my scoring is a bit out of whack, but I can't be bothered starting all over again (though my house is a bit out of whack too).

At the moment I'm switching around with two other save slots - one for building in Newcrest, and one that started off as a Settler challenge, but has become rotational play).

Okay so it's bad - I'm only up to Gen 3 as a teen and I'm already having to switch up to keep it up lol. I'm also super fond of my 2nd generation spare and kinda want to play her but that goes against Legacy rules. So I'm gonna basically toss the rule book I think, and just use the challenges as something extra to try get for fun rather than try anywhere near accurate scoring, and maybe play 2 days out of the sim week on an alternate household within my legacy save (probably have a legacy within a legacy lol).

Thanks for reading my 4am garble haha what the plum

edit - I also recently got MCCC mod to add in story progression because I think that will add a lot more interest to rotational play
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm playing a Legacy challenge, which I didn't fully read properly so my scoring is a bit out of whack, but I can't be bothered starting all over again (though my house is a bit out of whack too).

At the moment I'm switching around with two other save slots - one for building in Newcrest, and one that started off as a Settler challenge, but has become rotational play).

Okay so it's bad - I'm only up to Gen 3 as a teen and I'm already having to switch up to keep it up lol. I'm also super fond of my 2nd generation spare and kinda want to play her but that goes against Legacy rules. So I'm gonna basically toss the rule book I think, and just use the challenges as something extra to try get for fun rather than try anywhere near accurate scoring, and maybe play 2 days out of the sim week on an alternate household within my legacy save (probably have a legacy within a legacy lol).

edit - I also recently got MCCC mod to add in story progression because I think that will add a lot more interest to rotational play
    The MCCC mod is Sims 4. This is the Sims 3 section ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I own the store and all EP's and stuff packs. Everything is installed, but there are still items and worlds I've never used - yet. :) I think I never get bored because I write a story, the same characters since a couple of years back. It started out as a legacy thing, but spanned out to be a family story about a little girl, her selfish mother and grumpy grandmother. That never gets boring, as I just set up pictures :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Computerglitch8Computerglitch8 Posts: 17 Member
    i usually make new storylines or look up challenges! if worst somes to worst a new expansion helps :P
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

The MCCC mod is Sims 4. This is the Sims 3 section ;)

Ahh right I see, my bad. Happy simming guys!
  • SweetAndSaltySweetAndSalty Posts: 23 Member
    Challenges keep the game interesting to me for sure.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I have only one game that I play- Goths in Sunset Valley. It is really hard for me to let go of them and I had to restart my game twice due to aging getting stuck. They still live in the same house that the first generation used to live in. My game is that big, I don't even know how many generations I am on as I have more than one couple in the house. :D
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited January 2019
    I go on the forum to find inspiration. ;)

@TadOlson I could never fully play sims 3 in full rotation. Too many premade families! I rotate saves however. But I have to be careful not to have too many or I get attached to one and never get back to the others or lose track and interest of all saves and delete everything. ;P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I usually make rules or challenges for each household to keep it from getting too easy. I don't necessarily play pre-made families, but I have no problem marrying them in to my current households and adding their family tree to the mix.

That being said, there are times when I might need a break for a month or two. I feel like if I play every single day, I'll get bored more quickly. So I try to limit myself to about 2 or 3 times a week.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Being able to mess with Photoshop allows me to think "outside the box".

Screenshot-127.jpg
    Screenshot-127_nuke1.jpg
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg

There are no "nukes" in Sims 3. How...ever... :mrgreen:>:)

It certainly makes for replay value...if you can alter your "environment".

Screenshot-3.jpg
    NuclearWinter1.jpg

The fact that Sims 3 allows us to work with the whole "world" allows creators to create worlds that can fit anything that we players want from post-apocalyptic surroundings to vast pre-road worlds. It allows us to play with our minds and fit any scenario that we really want. It all boils down to the skills of the cc-content creators who create objects for us to use. It comes from the minds of those who design the worlds for us to play in and ultimately it comes from the minds of the players to make the scene as believable as we can.

That's what increases the playability of TS3 and that's what keeps me playing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I have a round-robin of about a dozen different saves (currently), and I usually play a different one every time I start up the game.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I just take breaks whenever I feel it's necessary, as I do with all my games. I'm on a break right now actually :) .Sims 3 has been an instant classic for me and I love my classic gaming so I'll be back. I'm also somewhat new so there's a lot of content I haven't even seen yet. Probably not very helpful I'm sure. I guess I'm saying don't burn yourself out.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I don't. Sometimes I get bored I just go a month without playing, when you come back it's easier to be engaged again.

My playstyle has changed so much from legacy style to rapid rotational style. I have too many different families in my town that I constant swap between, and as a result I don't get invested in any of them. Time for a change I think :/ .
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

I haven't played Sims 3 very much in the past few months, not that I find it boring but that I've become addicted to another game. :)

I have felt the pull to play Sims3 more and more recently though. I have so many ideas of games I want to try. One I want to try is to play with a different life span. I've always played the normal life span with aging on. I want to try a longer life span to see how that is.

Since I like building I like redoing towns. I also like populating an empty town with beautiful sims and letting NRaas StoryProgression match them up and create families. Then I like to save those households to be used in other games.

I am looking forward to exploring more aspects of each of the expansion pacts I have - careers, life states, buildings, towns, etc.

There was a thread several years ago asking how people liked to play Sims 3 - writing stories, creating sims/modeling, building, CAW, challenges, etc. Try one of those ways of playing that you usually don't play.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I keep myself interested in playing by finding badges to earn...I have been on a quest forever to have one sim earn the Professional Student badge. I have come close with 4 degrees...the sim died of old age. I didn't use any cheats and they kept peeing themselves at University. That was a sight to see. I plan to keep at it until I achieve it!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p