Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Get Famous Worth Buying?

2...Next

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I was wondering, how does swordplay/fencing work in the pack? Is it only related to the acting career or a skill that any sim can use? I've wanted the ability to do this for a long time and remember seeing swordplay in one of the trailers when GF was announced but as I am not sure whether I would get the use out of the pack, I haven't bought it.

You don't get a sword fighting skill.. it's all tied into the acting skill. You use marks to perform scenes. On public lots where you can build you can put down the marks or of course you can use them on the job. I don't know what level your sim has to be at to perform the sword fight scene though. The one I'm playing right now isn't accessible to him at level 5 acting skill in public and I haven't had a scene with him for a sword fight yet on the job. Maybe someone else can give you more/better info but I'm playing it all out pretty slow and not always playing my actor since I'm rotating and or just playing how I want to play on any given day.
    Either way you can't just sword fight without the set up and the right skills.
    Maybe someone will use this to do a free flow mod.. wouldn't be surprised if they do but it might not meet the ratings of the game if bloodletting/injury can happen.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. That's disappointing but I'm happy to know that before I buy the game rather than after.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    Thank you to all. I picked it up and havent had much time to in depth play it but ive explored it some :smile: im happy with it for buying it on sale. I wouldnt of spent $40 on it. I think it screams GP more than EP but its good for buying on sale!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Thank you to all. I picked it up and havent had much time to in depth play it but ive explored it some :smile: im happy with it for buying it on sale. I wouldnt of spent $40 on it. I think it screams GP more than EP but its good for buying on sale!

Yeah I got it at 50% off and it's *maybe* worth what I paid for it (considering that I got 10ish hours of play time out of it before getting bored).
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I got a $25 Visa giftcard for christmas and saw there was a sale and the only packs I don't have are JA, MFPS, and Get Famous.

I'm more interested in GF out of those 3 but I wanted to know everyone's opinion if it's worth buying even on sale?

Is there enough gameplay to keep you entertained rather than it seem repetitive after a shortwhile ?

Are the fame system/Acting gigs glitchy?

Thanks to anyone who responds :) I know the ultimate decision lies in me but I'd really love to here other's opinions who have the pack.

Is the Build a Bundle feature on sale as well? I have all the GPs so I can't check.
    If it is, then this would be the perfect opportunity to get all three at once.

I wasn't actually aware that the Build a Bundle feature was a thing until I was fiddling with Origin the other day while I was getting Cats and Dogs on sale. I tinkered with it, and for $40, I could have gotten a full expansion, gamepack, and stuff pack. Is that the normal cost of the bundle? I eventually opted to not get it, since I could get Cats and Dogs and Get Famous for about the same price as the bundle.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited January 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I got a $25 Visa giftcard for christmas and saw there was a sale and the only packs I don't have are JA, MFPS, and Get Famous.

I'm more interested in GF out of those 3 but I wanted to know everyone's opinion if it's worth buying even on sale?

Is there enough gameplay to keep you entertained rather than it seem repetitive after a shortwhile ?

Are the fame system/Acting gigs glitchy?

Thanks to anyone who responds :) I know the ultimate decision lies in me but I'd really love to here other's opinions who have the pack.

Is the Build a Bundle feature on sale as well? I have all the GPs so I can't check.
    If it is, then this would be the perfect opportunity to get all three at once.

I wasn't actually aware that the Build a Bundle feature was a thing until I was fiddling with Origin the other day while I was getting Cats and Dogs on sale. I tinkered with it, and for $40, I could have gotten a full expansion, gamepack, and stuff pack. Is that the normal cost of the bundle? I eventually opted to not get it, since I could get Cats and Dogs and Get Famous for about the same price as the bundle.

My understanding is the regular bundle price is $50. I've never been able to pull it up to look at it myself because I didn't find out about it until I had bought JA and I've been waiting for another GP to be released since then. (You can't pull up the feature if you own all of any of the types of packs.) I googled the price and that's what I found in an article that one of the community sites had published.
    So, basically, regular price for the bundle appears to be the equivalent of getting the GP for free. A 30% off sale would be the equivalent of getting the three packs at 50% off each, filling in for a sale on SPs that rarely come round.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    @Anmirla I wanted to let you know, I've checked today now that the sales are all over - the bundles through Origin are STILL $40!
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I’m personally not a big fan of the expansion GF only because it’s the worst of expansions in my opinion. The reasons why are because CL is a whole experience all of my teen and y/a sims love, GT and GW forever changed my gameplay and the style I play in, Seasons is just everything and an all out game changer, C&D adds a feature you can forever use in your families, and then we have GF which is almost like a paying $40 for a new career....
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    @TheGreatGorlon Oh wow! I wonder if that means they dropped the price (kinda like they did for the base game quite some time ago).
    Thanks for letting me know.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    @Anmirla So I think it was actually some kind of glitch or something, because I checked again today, and it's up to $50.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    In my opinion, yes definitely! It comes with many new gameplay ideas, awesome clothing and hairstyles (the long one with the rings in it is my personal favourite), and it also has scars (which I don't use but I still think they're so cool). There's quite a lot of new items you can experiment with, so there's options for every kind of player I think.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Yes! Im not sure about any mod. But in Get Famous you can actually go to your career with them and experience acting! I love it! :) I think the sims team have been doing a great job lately :)
  • PsychoCuddlesPsychoCuddles Posts: 5 New Member
    I personally really like it!!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I did not want this pack, as I prefer playing average realistic everyday families. I'm not into glam and fame. But when I got it anyway, I found it actually affects much more than those superstars. Sims don't need to be actors to gain some fame, you can actually use the system to just make a diverse community. I play only one actor to test stuff, but I've given some fame to all my richest sims, and all Councilors. It adds to my community experience, and I'm quite happy with the pack. It allows for various use of features, much broader than I expected.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited January 2019
    I lost my willpower and bought it just now. I'm still unsure about how interested I am in the acting career but the fact that you can be famous for other things really appeals to me and so do the CAS and Buy mode items. And yet a few months ago I thought I was done with the franchise...apparently not!
    Ok so I did my usual thing of checking out the CAS and new items...it's safe to say I am half in love with the "historical" content before having used it!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Yeah. I got it at 30% off, and I wouldn't have gotten it at full price. I have a sim at the top of the actor career at 5 stars, and it was fun, but I still think Superstar offered more (since you could be a singer and a model too). Plus with all the gigs he's done, he still doesn't have enough money to buy one of those mansions and vaults (I don't have the perk that doubles you earnings).

That said, I'm trying to see how fame affects my sims with traditional jobs. It's interesting to see how far social media sims can go just by posting on social media.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I love Get Famous :) its so many ways to make drama. I just made up a new roleplay the paparazzi is going nuts, I made a new Famous Mall to go with the Drama, and No one Famous even owns the mall, but all the rich and Famous people just have to be seen there. I think its own by Del Sol Valley.

You can go to the mall Salon to get your hair done. When you look at the mall it looks like it belongs in Del Sol Valley. That's why I named it Del Sol Famous Mall.
    I like Del Sol because its better for your Business.
    We did need more lots, but who knew it would be so much fun.

Just find my Del Sol apartments, and make it more fun for you. ;) oh and the mall. Before I made them
    it was borning, not anymore, and my Del Sol Ice cream cafe.

I am not sure if they can add more lots to that city.
    Check out my mall I want you all to have fun fun fun. :)

Del Sol Valley is not like the Other Cities in Sims 4, It's different like it came from a new creator.?
    When I am in Del Sol, its like I am in a whole new game, I am not in Sims 4 anymore and I do not even think about the other cities.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor