Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Catherine Grisby started playing Sims medieval today. That's one way to rule a kingdom! She chose the "Whale Ate My Parents" trait (she was adopted).

Xn2CEuc.jpg

She sucks in CAS though... Hehehe. (Doesn't look like her at all, lol).

J2gNuPn.jpg

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I'll get to replying to updates later, but first I have some news. My current family that I'm playing is now having the same problems that my last family did, which is crashing every time I try to save. Luckily, I have a few back-up saves stashed away and I'm going to try one of the most recent ones and see if I can play it without having any problems. I also downloaded some outfits by Shokoninio today and scanning my CC came back with some of the pieces from that site conflicting with each other, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those false conflictions and only due to the creator using the same resources to create some of the pieces. A lot of my ATS3 items show up as conflicting with each other as well, but I don't really have any problems keeping them in my game. So, I don't think it's CC related. If I end up having to porter the family again, I will.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Hejix OMG Catherine is really into ruling the world. I felt like playing The Sims Medieval too.
    Love that part she tries on new make-up. XD

@bekkasan I have two notebooks on my desk, but I also follow everyone's stories in town. XD
    That dress is Anubis's, it's avaiable here: http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2012/06/flower-splash-halter-dress.html
    I'm also going to try out this top: http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2012/08/bright-heart-long-ombre-top.html

@PalmArrow I played Keagan in December, 2016. He's more than two years old! :-O
    I managed to go through yours and CravenLestat's studios to download the textures. I'm afraid I'll have to install the simpack files, I converted to .package and they bugged. :-/

@king_of_simcity7 @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :)
    Luna and Sean are adorable.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited January 2019
    @thuggishsplicer Haven't played for years but lurked in the Sims Medieval category on this forum and learnt you could put the dvd games on Origin (too much a fuss to install them with the discs, find the patches, yadada). Got the base game installed by ea, my husband managed to find a 4 years old receipt on Amazon for the expansion noble and pirates. Wonder if there would be hair more fitting for Catherine in that one? I tend to rush the cas but I love costumes. Glad you liked the makeup part too, it was fun to watch her faces when I made a change. She was most of the time unimpressed. "I want cc, like every other sim! Can't you just download some for me?" No, Catherine, let's explore ALL the vanilla content first. "Bummer."

@LunBeauty Good luck with your game. It sucks when crashes happen. Makes the game feel more like work than a game and takes the fun away. At least, you've got to build your logic and mechanical skills.

@Brandontaylor Having sims eat together is mostly a miracle, lol. Congrats. We should have the option to set a time for a meal, summon all the sims in the dining room and force them to ask permission to leave the table! They eat their whole meal in what, 3 seconds? Geez, sims, learn to chew and relax a bit! And learn to wait for others before starting to eat. I call this Table mod. They can say grace before dinner (buys time for the late ones), ask for salt and pepper, put lots of salt if the meal is of horrifying quality, throw food, complain about the food, ask to eat vegetables, and digest. ;p
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@thuggishsplicer Thank you so much! It's the perfect sundress for a ST story! :smiley: I've got a few of her other outfits. Don't know how I missed that one!
    There is a special procedure for converting patterns into packages and I don't understand it, but, it should still be pretty much at the top of the CAP section of the forums if you want to look at it. I just install my patterns as a sims3pack as my brain knows how to do that. :lol:
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member

Page 3256

@Springfairy556 Yep, as long as she was on the lot she gained college performance.
    You're welcome.
    Maybe :smile:

That's sad that she thinks she looks bad.
    Destiny, remember Edward is a ghost. A locked door ain't stopping him, lol
    She does look really good. Hope she has a great performance!

Congrats on a great performance, Destiny!

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    So do I when it comes to meal time.
    I'm glad I could use his skills before what happened.
    Yep, for the first time too. I'm curious how many grandkids she'll have over the course of the challenge.
    I know, I was hoping he'd live a bit longer. At least he can still see his grandchild grow up, except he can't hold him now he is a ghost.
    Thanks. He'll be their only child.

@LunBeauty I think contacts would do that to me as well. My eyes get irritated enough as is. I'm too scared to get Lasix so I just stick to my glasses, lol
    Neither can I. I forget half of the rewards names but there are some I use a lot.

Thank you!
    Same here. Sometimes schedules interfere but I try to.
    Lol, I get some weird work outfits as well.
    Yep, and he's going to be a big help to grandma Steel when he grows up.

@CravenLestat Wow, it really looks like her! I've watched the show off and on.

@JadeGreen Sounds like a nice save!

@emorrill You're welcome
    Yep. I was kind of tired looking at her old look. I'll probably make her over for every town/season, just for some variety.
    He's definitely getting up there. Brittany stays eternally young, even though she'd probably be 90 if I kept track.
    Yep! I'm glad for her and Mack, even though I was the one who caused it, lol
    He sure did. I never thought he would die so soon, he didn't get to enjoy Riverview for a full week before he passed on.
    Thanks for the comments!

@thuggishsplicer Nice update!
    I really liked seeing how the Sunset Valley families changed over time.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you. She sure does, and I am too. I am working on getting used to Riverview as I hardly ever play it.
    Thanks, I'm happy to have a kid in the house again.
    Nice update with Sean, Luna, and Isla!
    Good to see Alex, Ty, and Isla again.

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks. Andrew helped ease the pain of losing Christopher.

@Hejix Good idea. Dave should get in trouble instead.
    Catherine is so evil. I love it!
    Yep, and the poor guy won't know what hit him, lol

@PalmArrow I know, right? I should have had them have a child a bit earlier and he may have been able to see him.

***Next page of comments coming up soon, then an update a little bit later.

Page 3257

@Springfairy556 It's a pain sometimes, getting them to do what we want.
    I use mods all the time. I should look into it.
    Exactly. I try to make sure they get some romance in when I can.
    Thanks, I'm glad Lauren got pregnant, she is becoming one of my favorite Sims I've ever played.

@Hejix No, sure doesn't. I've never played Sims Medieval

I know what you mean. When I do get them together, one is usually getting up already.
    That sounds like a fun mod, if it was real.

@LunBeauty I hope everything turns out okay.

***End of comments on page 3257 currently. Will be back to finish the page when it is completed. Update after I eat some lunch***

Cowboy and the Mermaid

Dwight goes back in the house and starts cleaning. He is ashamed he let things get this bad. Giving up is no longer an option. He survived for a reason and he will start over. He was always a fighter in the past, strong and determined, and he lost that for awhile. It is back, but he knows he needs to temper it with patience. He always pushed himself to be the best at everything and perfection is not the answer either. Perhaps that was why he had such a hard time accepting that he is less than perfect. He needs to accept the limitations he has and learn to live his life around them as best he can.
    He cranks his music up loud, but not loud enough to wake the neighbors and cleans the entire house until it shines. He takes a few breaks and rests his back and leg when the pain gets unbearable, but gets right back to it when the pain eases up. By the time he is finished, the sun is rising, his body is aching, and his mind is clearer without all the clutter and trash in his life. He soaks his aches in a warm tub and takes a short nap before he starts the second part of his plan.
    31761250527_e5d5caa528_b.jpg
    46649780232_989243015e_b.jpg
    31761250317_abc73e5623_b.jpg
    31761250157_3ac4f9830a_b.jpg
    31761249947_042a89de76_b.jpg
    45787147805_f077822034_b.jpg
    45990939264_e62c666a44_b.jpg

After his nap and a bite of breakfast Dwight carefully walks down the stairs to meet the taxi. It takes him to the local hospital, Coconut Palms Medical Facility. He should have made the appointment when he first came to town. He gives a copy of his records from his injuries to the physician. After many tests the doctor meets him in the consultation room and gives him his opinion. He agrees that he should never race again. The risk is too great. He thinks with time and proper exercise he can strengthen the weak muscles and bones that were damaged in the fall. He gives him a printout of a health plan including healthy eating, swimming, specific exercises and a voucher for the local spa for massages when the pain gets too bad. He will not prescribe any pain meds or sedatives and tells him no more brew. The doctor tells him to follow the plan explicitly and don't over do it or he risks further injuries. He is to return in one week and they will adjust the plan depending on how he is doing.
    32806360328_a8b57e8734_b.jpg

Dwight looks over the health plan and realizes he needs to make a few purchases. He calls the delivery service and places the order. Shortly after he arrives home the delivery has arrived and the room is set up with the friendly delivery man's help. The instructions are to do the exercises twice a day and swim for 15 minutes twice a day. He is not supposed to use the treadmill until he see's the doctor again next week. He cranks his music up for the exercise sessions. He takes a shower after and is soon ready to meet the neighbor.
    46681544361_8166abd077_b.jpg
    46639839412_04ccc4c59f_b.jpg
    31739839667_fa35440b60_b.jpg
    45766382275_811f08a346_b.jpg

Lorelei finds out about a new dive lot from her friend Jarrett. He gives her the coordinates and she swims out to sea. She finds a wrecked boat and a sea cave. She also finds a mysterious stone formation and one of the stones has writing on it. She cannot decipher the writings on it though. She will have to get a camera and take some pictures and try to decipher the writings later. She swims back home.
    46708384391_1528d34973_b.jpg
    32833442598_d44d8de6c7_b.jpg
    46708384281_27a16db92f_b.jpg
    @LunBeauty I'm sorry you are having more issues with crashing. Is it error12's or crash to desktop? I'm certainly not an expert but I did stop having random crashes when I put error trap and overwatch in my game. Do you have those two mods installed? I was not even using cc other than patterns at the time, so that was definitely not my issue. Was game related and probably my poor puter as well, but those mods took care of it. Hard to remember who has what. If you keep having issues ask over in the tech section and see what they recommend you try. If it is error 12's you can try shorter game sessions and monitoring the game use of memory and if it starts climbing too high, save, quit to desktop and reload. If you quit to menu, that does not release the used up ram from what I've been told and read. I try to only have about 3 hr sessions before I quit to desktop and restart if I still have playing time.
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @bekkasan I have all of the Nraas mods and I never get a message before crashing to desktop. Fortunately, going back to a slightly older back-up save seemed to fix the problem as I'm now able to save every time without any errors. So, I'm guessing something with that particular save file got messed up. I also try to save about every 30 minutes and always use the Save As option.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , I like the pictures of Dwight cleaning his kitchen. I didn't know it was possible to place a pile of dishes in the sink. It's a great realistic detail!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @bekkasan -Thanks for the comment.Great update!Internet is being too slow again.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @Brandontaylor -Great update!
    @PalmArrow -Great picture!
    @Karritz -I hope you get back into your game again.I've been playing my apocalypse challenge.
    @Springfairy556 -Great update!
    @emorrill -It's almost ready to start playing live.
    @JadeGreen -Great update!
    @thuggishsplicer -Great update!
    @Hejix -Great update!
    Here's another apocalypse challenge update below.
    Salisbury Beach,Massachusetts-Fall-1525.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were starting to get up and ready for the day early that morning.
    46586722521_f533920e18.jpg
    They were not long in starting to get started on daily tasks.
    45672348905_12f88f1284.jpg
    They were both working on paintings as the paper carrier dropped off the paper at 7AM.
    45862491414_aabfffa710.jpg
    Ami had to sell his completed painting after getting it done because their house was too small to hang it up.
    46534605042_1d7d47f57d.jpg
    It was too long before Eli finished her work and had to sell it off.
    45672327035_8782ebc0e5.jpg
    They both started working on new paintings and ended up selling them off.
    45672307935_eb661a8c01.jpg
    It was getting towards 2PM when they had been getting ready for work and soon left for their jobs.
    45672300095_04f7c03c33.jpg
    They got home at 6:30 and were ready for bed by 8PM.
    45672292415_7deb2ece03.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hey friends. :)

Real quick before I run off to church this afternoon.....

What in the Sam Hill does this notification mean that pops up over and over and over again when Sims 3 Dashboard is scanning my CC?

S3-Dashboardnotice.png

:grey_question:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited January 2019
    @bekkasan

45990939264_e62c666a44_b.jpg

A beach ball!

pinkie-pie-laughing.gif

Oh gosh I love it! :joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Ultimate Sim Update

nygr1Bt.jpg
    Christopher came back to visit on the full moon. No one saw him as they were asleep.

gDorA0q.jpg]
    Brittany just adores little Andrew. She knows when he reaches toddler stage that she will need to protest. She wants all of her children, grandchildren, and descendants to start off well in life. But she couldn't help but think of her late husband, wishing he could have met his grandson.

qfslYs8.jpg
    Brittany changed her outfit up as well as her hair. She thought it was time to change as her family had changed as well. Cooking food for the family is one of her favorite pasttimes, she's glad to do it.

C7HpZO5.jpg
    Silly paparazzi, don't you know it's close to 100 degrees outside? No wonder your pants are on fire.

S7LXH8s.jpg
    Lauren to the rescue! She didn't have to do this but I didn't want the woman to die or anything.

snVhDX9.jpg
    Mack got promoted to level 3 in the science career. I imagine he should reach the top before becoming an elder. At the moment, he is still a young adult.

tboJVA4.jpg
    Brittany got promoted as well to level 6 in the culinary career. Four more to go and she can switch jobs, but due to the rules, she will stay the required four weeks. I definitely need more time this season than the first one.

EHBQaWt.jpg
    The family then went to the Grind for a little bit of dancing. They had a fine time, but Brittany was disappointed there weren't any husband candidates.

Wi8xIOe.jpg

vpCdBH5.jpg
    I decided to send her around to talk to her neighbors. Some of the men were attracted to her, but most of them were taken. I wonder if Don Lothario is taken, I've never played him before and I know his history in the previous games. I'm thinking I'll go with someone different since Llandros had chosen him as his US's husband and I don't want to copy him.

tZabW2r.jpg
    Andrew aged up to toddler. I didn't change him yet or give him any hair, but I will during the next play session.

***And that is it for now. I'm going to change Andrew's clothes and hair, and continue looking for a new spouse for Brittany. As of now, her full name is Brittany Page Steel so I am looking forward to see what her new last name will be. I'm going into the game after I post this, so I'll catch up with you all later. Happy Simming, everyone!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @LunBeauty I tried

:s

Making your request without CC is impossible

:(

But here is a cartoon vampire girl to make you giggle

fdshWsV.gif

PS:

:smirk:

6Tk9NVj.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Brandontaylor: Great updates. Brittany looks so sad after losing her husband Christopher. Andrew is so adorable.

@Hejix: Awesome updates

@emorill: I still need to read your story. Hope you had a great holiday.

@Charlottesmom: Hey

@PalmArrow: I need to re-read your stories.

@Mikezumi: All of your sims are adorable. What do you use for the guys in your game to have babies?

@Karritz: Glad you made it back. Hope you had a great holiday.

@lanlyn: Still need to read your stories.

@TadOlson: Great updates.

@king_of_simcity7: Free food is awesome.

@bekkasan: Yes, swimming is easier on the joints. Dwight-yes you did see a mermaid. Loreleli is such a beautiful mermaid. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer: Awesome updates.

@thuggishsplicer: Welcome back.

@Silverofdreams30: Great updates.

@JadeGreen: Welcome to the forums.

@LunBeauty: Sorry you are having crashes. But I love your new legacy.

@Springfairy556: Need to read your updates.

@CravenLestat: Need to download your patterns. :)

@all: Thanks for letting me read and comment on all your stories/videos. I started a new legacy/family. :)
    :) Smile!

DfydFiZ.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Nice update with Dwight :smile: Nice to see him excursing and trying to get back on track! Love that cheeky use of the ball the hide the censor :D

@Brandontaylor I love how the paparazzi got burnt! :D

@Puddinroy Welcome back :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Computerglitch8Computerglitch8 Posts: 17 Member
    I used the edit in CAS cheat to turn one of my lesbian sims into a man for a minute in order to get the other pregnant. it worked, but it reset her clothes when i changed her back which was a pain. ill probably just settle for adopting in the future :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Off to work. Doing a night shift...

More Sims stuff to come tomorrow :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    It seems like you guys are all friends on here, and I am kinda of new to the forums but am starting to believe sims 4 is really boring. I think I might try to start playing sims 3 even though I’d be totally new here and not really know what to do. So, am I welcome here or is this just for you guys to tell each other what happened in your game? Also, what time/ how often do you come back to this forum? Thanks for reading/ answering my questions :)
    edited January 2019
    It seems like you guys are all friends on here, and I am kinda of new to the forums but am starting to believe sims 4 is really boring. I think I might try to start playing sims 3 even though I’d be totally new here and not really know what to do. So, am I welcome here or is this just for you guys to tell each other what happened in your game? Also, what time/ how often do you come back to this forum? Thanks for reading/ answering my questions :)

You are welcome here,we are very nice people.

The only requirement is you make a hottie sim girl everyday so i can kidnap her and put her in my sim dungeon and..... :neutral:

I mean ugh umm hi. :p

And you should start playing 3 it is fun,open world no loading screens with cars boats windsurfing motorcycles swimming in oceans can live on islands, build houses any spot on the map lots of pets not just a mouse 72 large dog breeds,46 small dog breeds,46 cat breeds,30 horse breeds you can ride anywhere,many species of rodents,snakes,turtles,lizards,small birds,large birds all interactive not tied to a cage etc etc could go on all day.

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited January 2019
    @bekkasan I am same as @PalmArrow How the heck do you put dishes in a sink :s I thought i knew everything about this game,my good for nothing sims never put dishes in the sink.

And also Bekkasan that house is freaking disgusting,looks like something off hoarders with bugs and mouldy slimy food juice and green counters with black toilets. :mask: Clean up aisle 9

@Brandontaylor That shot of her holding the pan, :/ that is like using a giant punch bowl to put one M&M in it.The way you took the pic is 3D

DfydFiZ.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top