Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    So I definitely have something I didn't know, and I actually haven't seen mention of it on the boards:

I have a cat, Opie, in one of my families. Her owner, Nate, is a dog person, and "accidentally" adopted a stray, Doodle. One day, while I was tending to Nate's kids, I noticed Doodle running to the bathroom behind Opie, where I keep the litter box. Opie did her business, then left. Then Doodle ate from the litter box.

:s:s:s
    2ynjgg8.png
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Today I was playing and I clicked on the bladder needs instead of the toilet. My sim went to the bathroom and quickly pee'd (male sim) but his bladder bar only filled halfway. I clicked it again and he turned around and sat to take a poo. I've never seen this. I always thought they did both when you told them to go to the bathroom automatically. Maybe it's because I clicked on the needs bar to initiate the interaction instead of a toilet?
    2ynjgg8.png
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    So I definitely have something I didn't know, and I actually haven't seen mention of it on the boards:

I have a cat, Opie, in one of my families. Her owner, Nate, is a dog person, and "accidentally" adopted a stray, Doodle. One day, while I was tending to Nate's kids, I noticed Doodle running to the bathroom behind Opie, where I keep the litter box. Opie did her business, then left. Then Doodle ate from the litter box.

:D:s:D:D
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member

Ooo-errr! :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • greenwoolhatgreenwoolhat Posts: 29 Member
    I've learned so much from this thread...
    My Legacy Challenge

Currently playing as ~
    184393.png
  • PeeeklePeeekle Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="SimplyJen;c-13552480"]Things I just learned recently...

Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.[/quote]

I know your post is really old and you might not see this, but to people that brought this topic back to 2019, how do you make memories in Sims 4? I didn't know that was a thing, if it even is. :)
  • PeeeklePeeekle Posts: 6 New Member
    Something that I didn't know until recently was that some of the candles/lanterns will work when you don't pay your bills and the power goes out, and some won't.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Peekle wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

I know your post is really old and you might not see this, but to people that brought this topic back to 2019, how do you make memories in Sims 4? I didn't know that was a thing, if it even is. :)

When you view the screencap gallery (take a screen cap and it's the bottom of the three icons) you can assign each picture as a memory)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Something that I didn't know until recently was that some of the candles/lanterns will work when you don't pay your bills and the power goes out, and some won't.

Hello @Peekle
    This AHQ EA thread refers to this issue. You may like to press “ me too” on the thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Some-non-electrical-lights-won-t-function-without-power/td-p/6719323
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Things I just learned recently...

Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

When you view the screencap gallery (take a screen cap and it's the bottom of the three icons) you can assign each picture as a memory)

That's new to me too! So where do you find he screencaps, in the screenshots folder in the EA folder I'm assuming, but in game? (scuse me if this isn't a sensible question, as I've not thought about it before)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2019
    @February11 In game! :) Near the bottom in the centre of the menu bar, right beside the button to speed up time, there is a circular button. Click on that and a tiny menu opens up with three options. The first one is to take a screencap, the second one is to take a video, and the last one opens up your screencaps in game. When you open them up in game you can assign them as a memory. (It'll say "Angry memory, or Happy Memory, or whatever emotion the active sim was feeling at the time when you took the screencap) Hope that helps!
    166d4iu.jpg
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member

This is good to know for seasons. Gotta have those emergency candles for the inevitable thunderstorm! :)

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    If a child plays with the shark pond they will get the imagination things like monster under the bed, void critters etc.

980b79f89298cdb7861a743d3ada3094.jpg
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    @February11 In game! :) Near the bottom in the centre of the menu bar, right beside the button to speed up time, there is a circular button. Click on that and a tiny menu opens up with three options. The first one is to take a screencap, the second one is to take a video, and the last one opens up your screencaps in game. When you open them up in game you can assign them as a memory. (It'll say "Angry memory, or Happy Memory, or whatever emotion the active sim was feeling at the time when you took the screencap) Hope that helps!
    166d4iu.jpg

Brilliant @SimAlexandria , thanks for that. It looks a bit familiar now. Just something I don't usually do. But am aware of it again now :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @YankeesForever :) The invitation to a concert, opera, circus and musical comes with the City Living Pack.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#RandomEvents

Thanks!!!! I had no idea because I have seen it 3x now randomly in like a week.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I guess concerts are a thing

BmBUOtC.png

Nice looking Sims!
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Kinina wrote: »
    Haha! The sadness hotline is pretty funny. I also didn’t know about the double bed scooting thing. WOW! That seriously changes everything for me when designing a room.

I've heard this before, that two sims can get into a double bed that's pushed against the wall, but it never works for me. How do you get them to scoot? Mine just wave their hands and have a path obstruction bubble.
    If a child plays with the shark pond they will get the imagination things like monster under the bed, void critters etc.

980b79f89298cdb7861a743d3ada3094.jpg

Shark pond??? Can you expand on that? I never heard of it.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @FireftrLt, it's the pond that comes with Get Famous. It can be stocked with sharks, piranhas, koi or sprites. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @FireftrLt, it's the pond that comes with Get Famous. It can be stocked with sharks, piranhas, koi or sprites. :)

Thanks, I don't have Get Famous, yet.
    soko37 wrote: »
    Kinina wrote: »
    Haha! The sadness hotline is pretty funny. I also didn’t know about the double bed scooting thing. WOW! That seriously changes everything for me when designing a room.

I've heard this before, that two sims can get into a double bed that's pushed against the wall, but it never works for me. How do you get them to scoot? Mine just wave their hands and have a path obstruction bubble.

Two of my sims recently tried getting into bed on the same side, and the bed wasn't even against the wall, and one scooted over to let the other one in. I was quite surprised as I've never seen that happen before.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • EvviEvvi Posts: 19 Member
    It's probably not that big of a secret or anything, but when I first started playing the sims 4, it took me a bit to discover that toddlers could play in the kitchen counters, bookshelves, etc. I thought it was adorable!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    @Evvi I had no idea! :o Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to try it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top