Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things other people want that you don't care for?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    vampires is a pack though, I don't have them in my game, or aliens (I used a mod to ban aliens and ghosts but never seen either anyway before that). I saw one famous person once when I went to the city that came with get famous.

But no I just mean like, don't play them. I don't think it would change game at all if a town sim that you never talk to had a wheelchair or crutches is what I meant as long as we aren't forced to have events like "Your sim broke their leg ice skating" turned on unless we want to. So I guess it's all in how it's implemented.

But yeah, I agree it's not something I care for, either way. If they add it I wouldn't care but certainly not something I am really wanting.

For me the things I DO want most are preteens and preschoolers haha. And I'd like the option to send young adults to university but would love for it to work like school where we dont follow them there. Would aslo love to see baby wearing and churches added.

What I don't care about that many seem to is universities we follow the sims to, cars, and any more supernatural (unless elves or faeries)
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    preteens.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I also have no interest in Story Progression in an official capacity. I know MCCC already offers it for those that like it and use mods. If it ever did become a feature, I hope and pray it comes with a toggle to turn it off.

@Karababy52 YES...so much this. I really like some kind of story progression, personally, but Sims 3 did such a horrible job of it imo...I can't really support any broad game impacting feature like this without a toggle. Toggles are good. Even better, a whole custom settings page where you can tweak individual components of "story progression" like what we got with NRAAS in TS3 and MCCC in TS4. Really, see no point in the devs adding it, considering modders seem to do it so well.

If there's a toggle, or if played households (or those marked as played in Manage Households) were exempted from story progression, I think that could work. The reason I would like to see it be an official thing is that there'd be no need to wait for an update when there's a patch or new pack; Deaderpool does an awesome job of getting out a hotfix early on, then goes into more detail in the next planned release, but having a story progression that's immediately up to date would be nice. The main function of story progression, to keep the worlds alive and growing with new Sims as they get married and have babies (occasionally in that order) and eventually die (unless you have aging turned off).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Preteens, horses, and tropical vacations. Okay, I wouldn't mind tropical vacations, and I'm sure they would add decent gameplay, but it's low on my list.

But I really, really want cars. It's something so basic in modern life that is missing, like dishwashers and pools. I'm surprised how many people don't want them.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Tweens because tween years are awful in real life, so why do we want to experience it in sims?
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Preteens I don't see the point in them. I'd rather the current life states be fleshed out more.

Disabilites I like the idea in theory, but the actual execution and what some people would do with it makes me very uneasy.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I'm not all that interested in cars, unless there is some really useful gameplay attached to it. I don't own a car and hardly ever use one in real life either, so I have nothing to relate to in regards to them. Other than as part of a build.

I was very excited about the Get Famous pack, but in reality I haven't been playing it much. So, I suppose the fame aspect wasn't for me after all.

Other than that I can't really think of anything that I'm downright opposed to - lol! I'm more indifferent to them, perhaps.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I absolutely do not want them as part of a base game especially! No no no. I am stuck living with mine in my real life and the fact that I don't have to deal with them in my game is what makes it such a joyous refuge for me. I really don't want my game to become so realistic that all sense of escapism is gone. I cannot adequately express in this format how extremely upsetting I find this. I get physically sick just thinking about it.

Doesn't mean you'd have to use them at all. Some people in real life are devastated after being widowed and they don't HAVE to have that happen in their game if they don't want to (even though other people can if they chose to).
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    For me I don't really want anything to do with farming.. I never use gardening or stuff like that so personally I don'y have a want or need for it.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Cars.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    jooxis wrote: »
    I absolutely do not want them as part of a base game especially! No no no. I am stuck living with mine in my real life and the fact that I don't have to deal with them in my game is what makes it such a joyous refuge for me. I really don't want my game to become so realistic that all sense of escapism is gone. I cannot adequately express in this format how extremely upsetting I find this. I get physically sick just thinking about it.

Doesn't mean you'd have to use them at all. Some people in real life are devastated after being widowed and they don't HAVE to have that happen in their game if they don't want to (even though other people can if they chose to).

But everyone dies. You can't really mess up the idea of "death" and it's something we will all come into contact with eventually, but disabilities? What kind of disabilities are we talking about? Do you want sims to be able to break their bones? Do you just want to watch sims roll in a wheelchair? Or do you want to have them visit the hospital every other day? Does this also include mental disabilities? Mental illnesses? You have to understand how easy it would be for the devs to completely mess the implementation of this up. Something like canes for elder sims could work, because as we get older it's expected that our bodies will naturally lose some mobility, but something like cerebral palsy?

I get wanting to make the game realistic, but this is a subject that's too sensitive for the devs to implement. Disabilities are often life-long struggles for many people and it would be nearly impossible to treat them all with enough care.

I mean, what would a pack including this even look like? The Sims 4: Get Disabled?
    Post edited by gemjas on
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2019
    Reksoh wrote: »
    If they spend time developing a feature you dont want, even if they make it optional it would still mean resources and work went into something you will never use.

I think this is what gets lost in a lot of this discussion. When time and resources are dedicated to a given feature, it means that some other feature down the line will not be implemented. And that feature might have been something somebody wanted. This alone is justification for not wanting certain features in the game.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Cars.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited January 2019
    gemjas wrote: »
    I mean, what would a pack including this even look like? The Sims 4: Get Disabled?

I'm not saying it should be a pack or even be included in the game. I'm saying if they included it in a patch/future base game you wouldn't have to use it at all. Just like there are a ton of features that I currently don't use in Sims 4 so for me they pretty much aren't a thing.

Post edited by jooxis on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    University.

Sims 3 was open world but you only got one world at a time, so you were basically playing on Campus - your sim children didn't come home with entirely new skills.

If we had Sims University it would be more like Sims Get To Work - you could follow your kid to University, but would it really be that interesting? After all, to be a good student, all your TO DO list would be classes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Open worlds, preteens, fairies and werewolves. I used to say I dont want cars either, but I changed my mind. Even know they would work like in The Sims 2, cause we dont have open worlds, it would still be a nice touch of realism, plus it would be nice to have garages for building and etc.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    jooxis wrote: »
    gemjas wrote: »

I'm not saying it should be a pack or even be included in the game. I'm saying if they included it in a patch/future base game you wouldn't have to use it at all. Just like there are a ton of features that I currently don't use in Sims 4 so for me they pretty much aren't a thing.
    I know what you meant. I'm just saying it wouldn't be possible.

The tone of the Sims is generally humorous, so it would stand to reason that disabilities would also have to be darkly humorous. Maybe a "disability" could be a Sim growing antlers or whatever, but it can't be anything that real people struggle with. You can't make real disabilities humorous. The only disability I could see them maybe adding is temporary broken bones. Anything else could risk them offending someone, thus losing customers.

There's also the fact that some people can be... unpleasant. Forget taking the ladders away from sims in a pool to watch them drown, I could picture hundreds of YouTube videos popping up of people putting wheelchair bound sims on foundations and taking away the ramp. Not a good look.

Anyway, in case this turns into a debate or something and derails the topic, just take this as my reasoning for not wanting disabilities in the game. If done wrong, it could be extremely upsetting for many people, whether it's "optional" or not.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Hi Simmers,

This thread is here for folks to share their unpopular opinion. It's a safe space for them to share that opinion so please respect that.

Posts that counter/reject others unpopular opinion or for example would talk about things that you would like to see in the game instead would be derailing from the thread topic and breaking the forum rules. I've removed some posts (and quotes/responses to them) that were derailing.

There are threads already out there asking for what you would like to see in-game so I would encourage members to use the search function in order to find those threads and join in if they are more to your vibe :) Please respect and use this thread as it is intended.

Thank you.

Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2019
    1) University. I don't see the appeal. The concept seems rather meh to me.
    2) Any additional life stages. Just update the existing ones to be great and detailed. I'd actually be very annoyed if we got more because I already feel that our sims live long enough. Even the Adult stage is underwhelming to me. What more could a Preteen stage possibly add? Pimples? Wow, that's worth a whole new stage :unamused:
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Celebrities ! Something we already have in TS4 but i'm completely indifferent to. Celeb life is not something that a game like The Sims will ever be able to simulate properly, so I don't know why they still bother, and why people enjoy such lackluster and limited gameplay.

Supernaturals *yawn* there are other games where y'all can get your supernatural fix... Dunno why so many people insist them be a part of life simulation.

I don't really see the need for height sliders as well. As many people have said before, waste of resources and work that could go towards an entire expansion pack.

I'm not missing the color wheel. Whether I can customize an object or not does not influence the fun I'm getting out of my game.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Supernaturals *yawn* there are other games where y'all can get your supernatural fix... Dunno why so many people insist them be a part of life simulation.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality." :D

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited January 2019
    revamped babies - they're low maintenance, which i appreciate, and i'm fine with just ageing them up after a day

preteens - height difference and teen/child activities seem to be the main issues here, so those are what's really needed, instead of another half-baked life stage

color wheel - i'm indecisive and spend hours in cas and build and buy. a color wheel would make it worse, plus game lag. i wouldn't mind a few more swatches though

open world - mostly due to game performance. if not for that, then i'd be all for it. i think open neighborhoods would suffice

occult - i'm on the fence with this because i love occult, and vampires are what finally got me to play TS4, but i vehemently dislike having to buy them piecemeal. i want witches, werewolves and fairies/faeries, but it would have been much better had they come with vampires

story progression - it's fine as an option for those who want it, but because i'm a rotational player and use my sims for story telling, i want to control what happens to them and the world around them. it frustrates me when sims autonomously marry, have kids, age up etc and disrupt my story for them.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    university. meh. i really dont care if they add it or not.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    An open world. I never played Sims 3 so I don't miss that.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!