Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

Comments

• CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    Yes! I'll never forget when I had one of my Sims in TS2 marry the sim who burglarized his house when he was a child. Adds drama. I can't believe they were left out of The Sims 4. The burglar is a sims icon.
  • FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2018
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    IMO they don't really add that much to the game, but I wouldn't mind if the scenario was included as long as you could prevent it with an alarm or a call to the police. It would also be so cool if sims with certain traits could fight the burglar on their own!
    If they added burglars, the possibility of them appearing shouldn't be very high though (like alien abductions, seriously every week!), and there should be an option to turn burglaries off to accommodate people with anxiety, which I've heard was the reason they weren't included in the first place.

By the way it actually took me at least two years of playing to realize there were no burglars in TS4. When my main household got the unnaturally large space rock, I didn't have room for it anywhere in the house, so I had to look up if burglars even were in the game and if I could safely place the rock in the yard. I could count the number of burglaries that I've had in TS2 on one hand anyway, so I thought it could've been that it just hadn't happened to me yet.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2018
    Fifinez wrote: »
    IMO they don't really add that much to the game, but I wouldn't mind if the scenario was included as long as you could prevent it with an alarm or a call to the police. It would also be so cool if sims with certain traits could fight the burglar on their own!
    If they added burglars, the possibility of them appearing shouldn't be very high though (like alien abductions, seriously every week!), and there should be an option to turn burglaries off to accommodate people with anxiety, which I've heard was the reason they weren't included in the first place.

By the way it actually took me at least two years of playing to realize there were no burglars in TS4. When my main household got the unnaturally large space rock, I didn't have room for it anywhere in the house, so I had to look up if burglars even were in the game and if I could safely place the rock in the yard. I could count the number of burglaries that I've had in TS2 on one hand anyway, so I thought it could've been that it just hadn't happened to me yet.

The option to turn them off would be nice, sure, and yeah, an infrequent occurrence would be ideal (because who wants their stuff being stolen once a week? unless they're going to incorporate "safe" and "unsafe" neighborhoods - lol, that might be cool). They arrived very seldom in TS2 and TS3, from my memory.

Re: Anxiety. ghosts are my biggest trigger in the game (which makes no sense because I love horror and work at a cemetery), but in The Sims series I've always had anxiety about ghosts and graveyards. I would never expect them not to be included in a Sims game just because of my anxiety about them though. I'm forcing myself to get over it by allowing my Sim ghosts to stay on my lot. They still give me anxiety when I see them off guard, but I'm getting better at having them in my games. I can't imagine how burglars could be so traumatizing to be included in the game, especially since they've been around since the first game.
  • FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2018
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    Anxiety. ghosts are my biggest trigger in the game (which makes no sense because I love horror and work at a cemetery), but in The Sims series I've always had anxiety about ghosts and graveyards. I would never expect them not to be included in a Sims game just because of my anxiety about them though. I'm forcing myself to get over it by allowing my Sim ghosts to stay on my lot. They still give me anxiety when I see them off guard, but I'm getting better at having them in my games. I can't imagine how burglars could be so traumatizing to be included in the game, especially since they've been around since the first game.

True. I think the excuse of wanting to cater to players with anxiety or who are otherwise sensitive is kind of bull. I get that the trend is to be as "inclusive" as possible these days, but sometimes it feels like the team is stripping TS4 of all the bad, sudden things that could happen in the previous games and the misfortunes in life in general, just in order to avoid upsetting someone who is sensitive. I'm not the only one who thinks the world in TS4 is a bit uncanny with how ...happy and unnaturally safe it feels compared to the previous Sims games. There are very little surprises and dangers overall, nothing truly bad ever happens unless you actively work to make it happen and even then it's not always successful. The silly, non-threatening illnesses and the fact it's harder to kill sims are also examples of this dumbing-down that happened with this installment. I think this kind of attitude is making the game less enjoyable and exciting, it's killing the charm of the series in my opinion.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I do think TS4 is way safer than previous versions. I've had sims wiped out by a random meteor, killed by a falling vending machine (after shaking it) and squashed by a falling murphy bed. I do wish we had a bit more random bad stuff happening since it really adds some spice to the game at least for me.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Suika7Suika7 Posts: 22 Member
    If they could build upon the rock climbing wall in the Fitness Stuff Pack, they could make climbable vines and trellises that burglars could break into houses with. Handiness could be used to get into places once they get up. I imagine they'd sooner design a new tool for Sims to use to temporarily create a door in a wall (like those crazy rays from the Scientist career) instead of having Sims attempt to break or unlock windows (they've already said that's waaaay too much for them to do with all the windows in the game.) The "door ray" for lack of better term, could be programed where it will only work on walls with space on the other side to prevent glitches. Granted, opening a new door only to be stuck under a staircase would be hilarious, but the ray wouldn't work if there were objects or walls in the way.

I agree that an option to call the cops or even a security system similar to the fire detection system would be necessary. Something like this would probably be a Stuff Pack as opposed to a full Game Pack or Expansion.
  • IrendalIrendal Posts: 3 New Member
    Other
    Only if they add lawyers so those who get caught go to jail etc otherwise nope it would just be annoying
  • Suika7Suika7 Posts: 22 Member
    Irendal wrote: »
    Only if they add lawyers so those who get caught go to jail etc otherwise nope it would just be annoying

If they added lawyers, then it follows that there'd be both prosecuting and defense lawyers. This could be an awesome active career to work side-by-side with the current Police active career. Regardless, though, burglars who get caught might have the chance of getting off easy with a good defense lawyer. Any court system would probably be a rabbit hole at best, but it still stands that burglars would have the chance to be repeat offenders. I definitely agree with you, however, that it could get annoying REAL fast if there's no consequences to burglary in the game. I don't think the Kleptomaniac trait has any real consequences, either. A consequence system would definitely be necessary with the addition (or reintroduction?) of burglars to the game.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Other
    Once you bought a burglar alarm, it became pointless. It would need to be fleshed out.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited December 2018
    I’d like them back but I’d also like ways to avoid them. Maybe some different levels of alarm, like one for inside, one for the whole property. Laser detection, that kinda thing. Also, a neighborhood watch and gated community lot traits for varying levels of deterrence. Neighborhood watch trait, maybe one of your neighbors will call the cops for you and gated community, no break ins.

Oh and guard dogs (with Cats and Dogs) and calling the police, of course.
  • LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    yes I want to become the master criminal. >:)
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    I don't really miss them, I didn't like when they showed up in past games, but I do miss firefighters, I think those should return instead.
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Do I want the possibility of losing every loved object in my sims life? You 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right I do, sign me up!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    For those who don't know, in the Sims 2 and 3 there was a chance of a burglary occurring to your sims, most often at night. It was very similar to the vampire random event that happens if you have the Vampire GP; except instead of stealing your sim's blood, a burglar NPC would steal their belongings. Would you want a burglary event to be introduced into the game? Feel free to elaborate your choice!

Yes especially since we have money safes now and also burglar alarms and npc cops.
  • Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    I was not even aware it had left. Did I buy a burglar alarm for nothing?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

I want a bank or the ATM machine that is working.. :D

Yes please! If sims could get loans, they could buy bigger houses and pay off the loan as a mortgage/
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love anything in game that adds an unexpected twist of a splash of drama.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    I made a post with ideas. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941425/thieves-and-celebrities-ideas
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I definitely want burglars back, they've been staple and iconic to the game series from the very start. I get that some people want absolute control over their game, that's fine for them - but this game is a life simulator, where we make and care for all of these people as they go through life. Life is NEVER controlled and orderly. There's always chaos, there's always random chance, there's always the unexpected that happens no matter how much control we try to exert over life. The Sims needs this kind of thing BACK in the game. Similar to how as a kid with SimCity, you got just as much fun out of unleashing tornadoes, earthquakes, and other disasters on your city as you did actually building it, sometimes the Sims need disasters and events that remind us that Sims have lives, just like we do, and it can be fun to work through their troubles with them. Therapeutic even, because the amount of effort and energy and care we put into our Sims creates a bond with them, and you don't deepen that connection if you don't get to help with through the bad along with all the good you're (usually) trying to do for them.
    So we need burglars, because we need more events that make the Sims more of a life simulator than a happiness simulator.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited January 2019
    no since as a sim player I do not went buglars to return I do not went my sims to lose what they own in there homes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    Maybe, as long as there's an option to disable it. There are times while playing where you just don't want to have to deal with stuff like that.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No, not really.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    For those who don't know, in the Sims 2 and 3 there was a chance of a burglary occurring to your sims, most often at night. It was very similar to the vampire random event that happens if you have the Vampire GP; except instead of stealing your sim's blood, a burglar NPC would steal their belongings. Would you want a burglary event to be introduced into the game? Feel free to elaborate your choice!

and the police to arrest them
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    As long as you can do something about it.
    like fight the burglar, you can send your dog, or your vampire to "sic em"
    And it adds more things for the Police Career. so absolutely.
    but yeah I would need to be able to go after the burglar and reclaim my stuff.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    No, I'd rather they spent the time creating functional banks.