Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    this one isn't my discovery (it belongs to @Lumiasta ) but i'm posting it in her stead because i loved it so much when she shared it with me while i was at work and she won't be back online for at least 8 more hours... (yay vast time zone difference friends)

a fame card found from the villain path of the secret agent career. and now i want it for all the villains in my game (i've got...either 4 or 5 in that path of the career. what can i say, i like my sims terrible)

bbabfae3b4be68499a8d2673feeab190.png

89c25c14551403bc7d9c7515a8ba2844.png

and we're completing it with her quote on the results of that action:
    "I haven't tried or done anything fame or reputation wise on her, but by just natural gameplay she might have gained something, definitely reputation just by cheerful intros. After that she's now one-star celeb, 'n still good reputation, so didn't drop that much."
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    If a non-famous sim proposes to a one-star celebrity, they gain a little bit of fame even if no one's around to see. Haven't checked it between two famous sims yet, or higher than one-star.
    LQAnzdrl.png

image.png
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    How often do though chance cards come?
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Seems to be random. I've never seen more than one a week for any sim, and not all got them.
    image.png
  • pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    My culinary, will not ever be famous, sim at about lever 4 in the career took over for a missing chef and handled the catering for Judith Ward's event. She was fired, became Judith's friend, became famous on her own and had Judith coming over to her little shack in Oasis. They started going out dancing, and just generally hanging out and are now engaged.

What was a surprise was how she got onto the fame track. Her roommate is a four star, but she was careful not to do anything that might attract attention. Being ambitious, she was devastated when when she lost her job. Suddenly she and Judith are dancing at a nightclub in a circle of Judith's admirers and after a couple of weeks (with a little streaming) she is almost a three star herself.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    c8N9Xcc.png
    In the get famous pack it is really hard to stay famous, especially in the beginning of the career, I have been activating the drone that follows your would be famous Sim around, and this makes it a lot easier to stay on top of the famousrewards/points because your Sim's followers can watch whatever your Sim is doing and the Sim also gets new followers in the process !
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I discovered that one of the celebrities in this expansion pack is Dirk Dreamer. I don't know if everyone here has ever played the Sims 2. Dirk Dreamer lived with his dad Darren Dreamer in the sims 2.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    vessme wrote: »
    I discovered that one of the celebrities in this expansion pack is Dirk Dreamer. I don't know if everyone here has ever played the Sims 2. Dirk Dreamer lived with his dad Darren Dreamer in the sims 2.

The other famous townies include Dustin Broke (lives in the same neighborhood as Dirk in The Sims 2) and Holly Alto (Lived in Sunset Valley in The Sims 3).
    They all had something in common: They all started out as teens in previous games. But thanks to The Sims 4's alternative timeline, they're all adults (even though Holly Alto should be an elder (or even died by old age by that point) in The Sims 2).
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    I discovered that what ever the Celebrity Sim is wearing at the time they agree to give you an autograph is what they are wearing in the autographed photo... so... if you make friends with a celebrity and get the option to ask to see them in a particular outfit... you can get autographed photo's of them in their pajama's! Or any other outfit they own.
  • MerpiartyMerpiarty Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing the characters from Tragedy Girls (McKayla and Sadie) - and trying to combine them with the Serial Killer challenge lol - and today I discovered that even though McKayla made a video, Sadie could upload it and then benefit from the +Fame and royalties! So you can steal your roommate's/housemate's videos and profit! :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have discovered* that three months after the issue with walk styles, it's still not patched.
    Still have to download a mod to disable "celeb walk style" (who was thinking that was a good idea anyway???????????????????????????????) since I don't even have an option appearing in game to do it. Not that I would ever use it if I had a choice anyway, it's horrible.

But then they still haven't fixed issues that have been severely bugged for YEARS.

*I had my first Sim reach three start rank today.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    I have discovered* that three months after the issue with walk styles, it's still not patched.
    Still have to download a mod to disable "celeb walk style" (who was thinking that was a good idea anyway???????????????????????????????) since I don't even have an option appearing in game to do it. Not that I would ever use it if I had a choice anyway, it's horrible.

But then they still haven't fixed issues that have been severely bugged for YEARS.

*I had my first Sim reach three start rank today.
  • xhcivic00xxhcivic00x Posts: 3 New Member
    I do like the Get Famous pack, however, I wish they would have added a career to become a professional singer.. Acting is not the only way to become famous.... When I heard about this pack I was very happy because I thought there would be singing involved. One of my favorite packs from the Sims 3 was "Showtime" where sims can perform in concerts... Bring that back please..........
    xhcivic00x wrote: »
    I do like the Get Famous pack, however, I wish they would have added a career to become a professional singer.. Acting is not the only way to become famous.... When I heard about this pack I was very happy because I thought there would be singing involved. One of my favorite packs from the Sims 3 was "Showtime" where sims can perform in concerts... Bring that back please..........

You can get famous from most things, actually. It's just that there isn't an interactive career for musician for example.
    your sim can actually get famous for singing, but you need the city living pack for it since that's the pack that introduces the singing skill (and it's mostly just singing karaoke, though get famous has the ability to sing musical numbers)

and then, on a totally different note, i just had an interesting thing occur. the sim i had swapped to to play (to edit some of selvadorada while working on his aspiration) happened to be jogging 'on lot' of the last household i played, so when i started playing him, i actually got a career pop-up for one of the sims whose house he was jogging by. very unexpected, but here's an option that pops up with the social media career (from city living)

61f2d358cc74c018f8cc8f5d5761b7bc.png

and when you accept it:
    f92094083a13fb3d3cb2561e4dab6481.png

since i'm still playing the other household, i used the showsiminfo mod to check her info out... the sim is still not famous (because i never actually had her step into the limelight, though think i'll change that now and cheat her up a level or two because of this) but is at 'despised' status with the actress she picked and has a +2 angry moodlet about the backlash
    Lithilien wrote: »
    c8N9Xcc.png
    In the get famous pack it is really hard to stay famous, especially in the beginning of the career, I have been activating the drone that follows your would be famous Sim around, and this makes it a lot easier to stay on top of the famousrewards/points because your Sim's followers can watch whatever your Sim is doing and the Sim also gets new followers in the process !

I have only played as Simtube celebrities, and well... I have not noticed any difficulty in staying, or becoming famous. The first thing I noticed when selecting the drone was "Livestream +Fame". SO whenever my Sims are not recording a video using the drone, they livestream. They even livestream themselves recording videos.
    I have never ever not gained fame every day.
    sort of similar to beardedgeek, whenever i play households with famous sims in them, i tend to have the famous sim do something related to their fame field (stylists do fashion blogs, painters and art critics paint and sell paintings and whatnot). usually they'll do 2-3 of those in a day and that at least ensures they don't lose fame to inactivity. my stylists are also video editors, so they're always making and editing videos, too. i do occasionally have one household's members alternating livestreaming just for a boost, esp if one sim is close to the next fame level

with that, i've only ever had one sim lose a fame level and that was by purposefully spending a week not interacting with anybody at all on her, just staying at home 'moping' because she had a bad encounter (it was a story thing, so totally unneeded, but seemed to fit her)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I noticed if you lock your sims home and they have a stan chances are the stand will be rifling through your sims trash if it's accessible if not they'll tend to use other items if you sim has a open backyard. One stand just loved dancing to the stereo outside and even stole a dirty plate on the table.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SupernovanSupernovan Posts: 7 New Member
    Maybe something happend to my game yesterday or maybe others have noticed this too, but I can't put the award for reaching the highest level in the drama club for kids/teens in my sims inventory. I wanted the teen in the family I was playing to become an actress. She is now an adult living in her own house, but I made the mistake of putting her drama club award in her old teen room, and haven't found a way to move it to her new house since I can't put it in the sims inventory.
    Just a heads up for those of you who, like me, wanted to make a fancy award shelf for your celebrity sim :D
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited March 2019
    If you have city living, restoring a mural adds to positive reputation. :)
    There is a new filter for clubs: Celebrity level.
    SO, if you want to force celebs to be your friends? Create a club, set celebrity level "your Sims or above", pick only the high level celebs, set club activties to anything that boost friendship levels and go to town.

They are now FORCED to become your friends.
    One thing I learned about get famous if you get the strangervillie game pack you loose your reputation trying to solve the mystery!

• Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    the overall premise of the pack is good but the problems it has caused in the base game still disturbs my calm. As soon as I installed the pack, it broke the location connection whenever my Sim is invited to go somewhere. Just last night, she was invited to a charity benefit supposedly at a lounge and wound up at Magnolia park in glitter and heels. I have reported this on the bug site repeatedly and EA shows not one concern. Am I the only one this is still happening to?
    edited March 2019
    I found two things really interesting, just recently if you hug paperiza your reputation will go up 4 points, if you give them a gift of 1,000 simolan you will get 4++ which is 8 points. So each level of the reputation is either 8 or 10 points so its a good way to raise reputation, friendly introductions raise the rep 4 points.

The other thing I found is when you are doing things to increase fame other sims will have thought bubbles of your sim with either a thumbs up or thumbs down. After ou are done they will cheer or bow you with everyone showing the same thought bubble. You can tell when your close to getting a accolate as sims will start switching from a picture of you to the acculate reward. So the more sims that vote for you the more reward points you will get, you will know the sims that vote for you will have the acculate reward image above their heads with a thumbs up.
    Edit I forgot to add the second thing I found.

• SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    You can literally have a media meltdown.