Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you got planned for your TS3 game in 2019 ?

Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
We all play our games in different ways. It is one of the biggest joys of TS3 is that it can accommodate so many different gaming styles. That said I was wondering how many of us have decided with the start of a new year to review our current games and perhaps start planning new projects.

It may well be that you don't worry about the start of a new year and just want to carry on with what you are currently doing. Or it could be you don't plan at all, being a spur of the moment player. However if, like me, you sit and think about all your current games and consider what you would like to achieve in 2019, then I would love to hear about your plans.

Personally I have decided to carry on and try and finish my current CAW project. Then I will have a new world which I have been wanting to play for the last couple of years. I even have the households with their back stories, ready to move in. Once I have finished with the CAW tool I want to take a break from using it for a good long while. That said I did think of a new project over Christmas but hubby said he would divorce me if I started another one immediately I finished my current project :D

It terms of gameplay, I need to reinstall a lot of store content first. I have never been much of a generational player but I would like to see how far I can take Baby Doll's family tree. I also started a new game in 2018 with Melody the witch. She has got herself engaged to a vampire so I want to see how that turns out. I also have the Mullers, who are a mixture of witches and werewolves. I need to move them to a much larger property now the eldest daughter is married and producing grandchildren.

So over to you. I think this is far too friendly a forum to anyone to belittle another's plans. Who knows it might give you some new ideas for your own game.
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Bettyboop55 It sounds like you have lots planned for the year and I wish you luck in all your simming (and real life) endeavours :)

For me, a new year doesn't mean a lot and I make no plans just because the year clicked over. I don't see my sim style changing because it hasn't in all the years I have played. I always play generational saves because my interest is the genetics of the sims I am playing as well as that of the townies I populate each new save with. Having said that, I still have five EPs I have yet to try - Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, ITF and Island Paradise. My current laptop would give up the ghost if I tried installing much more on it so the untried EPs might need to wait a little longer. I could probably risk one more EP and am leaning towards Supernatural. I also have one more world to purchase which I should do soon because you never know how long the Store will be there, although I hope that is a long way off because I recently bought simpoints for gifting. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am hoping that this year will bring the exploration of at least one or two new EPs :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2019
    I want to complete a legacy.
    I want to get a meteor shower.
    And I’m going to explore much of the content I have but don’t use (into the future as an example)

Edited for spelling.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Going to actually have time to go into my game and play my Sim Self at University. I didn't have time last fall due to college but since I'm done I have much more playing time until at least June when summer vacation starts.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm hoping to stop reseting my games. I get too much screenshots to sort and I end up not writing. Then, I get nostalgic and get back to where I stopped writing instead of moving on.

In this case, I do hope to overcome two families: The McIntyres and The Parrotts. Fill up my blog with their stories and, in case I miss a character, I'll start a new game with him/her.

I'm also an avid builder when I feel there's something missing in my towns. I hope it won't be a problem this year. Aside from The Sims, I have other games to finish; it'll be an interesting challenge to juggle everything plus RL.

EDIT: I also want to catch up with more stories that I'm fond of. I've bookmarked a few.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    I need to get back to my legacy; it's been sitting there...mainly because of writer's block...and figuring out how to do it so that the secondary characters (doing the police investigation into the murders) get their little time in the spotlight. I want to touch on how Detectives Langerak, Bunch and Alvi manage to root out who ordered the hit and take them into custody. (so much time and effort to set up...the whole thing; just haven't had the energy to dive headlong into that)

I'd like to finish up this story (Survive at All Costs)...I'm hoping that it won't be a very long one...just until their children reach adulthood and have to make a choice.

I also want to work on my nuclear apocalypse story too.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Bettyboop55 It sounds like you have lots planned for the year and I wish you luck in all your simming (and real life) endeavours :)

For me, a new year doesn't mean a lot and I make no plans just because the year clicked over. I don't see my sim style changing because it hasn't in all the years I have played. I always play generational saves because my interest is the genetics of the sims I am playing as well as that of the townies I populate each new save with. Having said that, I still have five EPs I have yet to try - Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, ITF and Island Paradise. My current laptop would give up the ghost if I tried installing much more on it so the untried EPs might need to wait a little longer. I could probably risk one more EP and am leaning towards Supernatural. I also have one more world to purchase which I should do soon because you never know how long the Store will be there, although I hope that is a long way off because I recently bought simpoints for gifting. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am hoping that this year will bring the exploration of at least one or two new EPs :)

I do admire your patience. If I had five EPs still to try I would be itching to install them. I do know you like to thoroughly explore each EP. So I hope you can coax your laptop into accepting at least one more new EP this year. I am going to make a shameless plug for Supernatural. It is one of my favourite EPs and it offers so much in the way of new gameplay, decor and build objects. Not everyone likes Moonlit Falls but I love the style of the buildings.

I used to be very much like you in the way I played. Not so much the generational bit because I tend to lose interest in about generation four or five but in just going with the flow. I suspect the fact I have retired and so consequently have far more things to do, I must make the most of my simming time.

Please let us know what EP you decide to go for.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    And I’m going to explore much of the content I gave but don’t use (into the future as an example)

Good luck with the meteor shower, I have only ever seen one in my game and I have had Seasons since the EP first came out. You have some very clear ideas about what you want to do. I think a lot of us have content which we haven't fully explored yet. ITF has plenty to offer in terms of gameplay. And good luck with the legacy :)

Sim enim est vita
    Going to actually have time to go into my game and play my Sim Self at University. I didn't have time last fall due to college but since I'm done I have much more playing time until at least June when summer vacation starts.

Well done on the college bit. Now is your chance to get as much simming done as possible. Do you have any definite plans for new projects or are you simply going to pick up your game where you left off? Either way I hope you really enjoy your simming tme, you deserve it after all your hard work :)

Sim enim est vita
    I'm hoping to stop reseting my games. I get too much screenshots to sort and I end up not writing. Then, I get nostalgic and get back to where I stopped writing instead of moving on.

In this case, I do hope to overcome two families: The McIntyres and The Parrotts. Fill up my blog with their stories and, in case I miss a character, I'll start a new game with him/her.

I'm also an avid builder when I feel there's something missing in my towns. I hope it won't be a problem this year. Aside from The Sims, I have other games to finish; it'll be an interesting challenge to juggle everything plus RL.

EDIT: I also want to catch up with more stories that I'm fond of. I've bookmarked a few.

I am in awe of anyone who can blog especially about the sims. I do hope you can get yourself organised and finish your stories, complete with screenshots. I agree RL can get in the way and I know a lot of players who alternate between the sims and other games. Good luck with it all and I hope you will provide a link to your blog when you are happy for us to see the content :) As for building the more the better :D

Sim enim est vita
    I need to get back to my legacy; it's been sitting there...mainly because of writer's block...and figuring out how to do it so that the secondary characters (doing the police investigation into the murders) get their little time in the spotlight. I want to touch on how Detectives Langerak, Bunch and Alvi manage to root out who ordered the hit and take them into custody. (so much time and effort to set up...the whole thing; just haven't had the energy to dive headlong into that)

I'd like to finish up this story (Survive at All Costs)...I'm hoping that it won't be a very long one...just until their children reach adulthood and have to make a choice.

I also want to work on my nuclear apocalypse story too.

That's a lot to tackle all in one go so the very best of luck in getting it all completed to your satisfaction. Being a murder mystery fan I would love to know who order the hit and why, so I hope you will share it with us when you are ready.

Sim enim est vita
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I plan to send some Sims to university soon :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I plan to send some Sims to university soon :smile:

That's going to be good fun. Always lots to do with the University EP, a lot of good venues as well as decor and build items. I love the bowling alley and the sports centre where you can even play cricket !! Fortunately for those of us who don't like cricket there are lots of other games to choose from. I just wish it wasn't a rabbit hole :)

Sim enim est vita
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    My plan for 2019 is simple...have one sim complete six degrees in University, the closest I have ever gotten is four... and to complete a ten-generation legacy. Only two things...for now. If I can think of anything else, I will revisit this thread and add to my answer!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Bettyboop55 I always go for two weeks at University. In the first week my Sims can build their grades up and then the second week is easier so I always get guaranteed passes during exams. Doing just one week at a time would mean that my Sims grades would reset every time I send them back there. University is actually really easy if you can get set up in advanced.

Throwing parties is also a good way to get some extra food as guests usually bring stuff of their own so that saves time having to have someone cook food
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @thuggishsplicer I feel you! I've resetted my game way too much and then, after I read my notes, I get nostalgic about my deleted family.

I'd like to play all the sims 3 premade families, but I know it's impossible, especially with my playstyle.

So, I'd like to stick with the Grisby, at least, until Laurel Grisby dies.

Then, learn to backup that family properly... For maybe later, if I plan to play the numerous offsprings... May even use the neighborhood manager mod to play in rotation!

It would be great to save my store content too, nice and tidy.

And keep a good balance between gaming, planning, creating, organizing, researching and writing without forgetting avout real life, especially when I am back to work.

I'd like to continue the blog I started, in a very casual way. I've been wanting to do one forever but always failed to properly structure my thoughts, trying to tell everything going in my game. Thanks to the forum, I learnt to go to the essential. And keep going, while having instantaneous feedbacks that helped my game moving forward!

And I plan on sticking to the forums. It's such a good inspiration to keep your game going and share thoughts and ideas with friendly and passionnate people.

Finally, I want to use sims for more creativity projects. Who said a game didn't teach anything? Sims are a great cataclyst to make me enthuse about the real world and get things done in real life. It's also a great haven when life is too stressful. I want to keep it that way in 2019.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    And I’m going to explore much of the content I gave but don’t use (into the future as an example)

Good luck with the meteor shower, I have only ever seen one in my game and I have had Seasons since the EP first came out. You have some very clear ideas about what you want to do. I think a lot of us have content which we haven't fully explored yet. ITF has plenty to offer in terms of gameplay. And good luck with the legacy :)

Actually the meteor showers came with the Ambitions EP... ;)
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member

One sure fire way to get a meteor shower is to have an Alien Sim. They have the ability to call down a meteor shower at will!
    You need both Ambitions (for the meteors) and Seasons (for the Alien Sims).
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited January 2019
    I should add going to the future to my list, I've only recently gotten ITF on sale just because I wanted more urban garden options besides the plant and tree pots so I've yet to go through the portal. Also, while updating Setra with the standard Showtime community lots is easy enough, they sure stand out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the lots there. I'm going to have to find a way to integrate them into the already existing lots. The exception is Mick's Karaoke which looks like it belongs.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’m planning to finish my heir’s generation by completing 6 tombs in France (Egypt and China are in the pocket, it’s her lifetime reward) and start playing the life of her son. Rough keywords being: strolling, living here and there, adding a stray dog and a wild horse to his household and then settle down to start a farm.

But I’ve started 2019 with building a tomb for RFlong’s new world, so the rest’s on hold for now.
    And I’m going to explore much of the content I have but don’t use (into the future as an example)

Edited for spelling.
    And you’re going to play my tomb :mrgreen: :
    5JZ57S6.png
    My plan for 2019 is simple...have one sim complete six degrees in University, the closest I have ever gotten is four... and to complete a ten-generation legacy. Only two things...for now. If I can think of anything else, I will revisit this thread and add to my answer!

That's two quite sizeable projects :) Having never had a sim with six degrees I would be very interested to see how you get on and any tips you want to pass on to others who are wanting to play the University EP.

Sim enim est vita
    @Bettyboop55 I always go for two weeks at University. In the first week my Sims can build their grades up and then the second week is easier so I always get guaranteed passes during exams. Doing just one week at a time would mean that my Sims grades would reset every time I send them back there. University is actually really easy if you can get set up in advanced.

Throwing parties is also a good way to get some extra food as guests usually bring stuff of their own so that saves time having to have someone cook food

I send my sims for a fortnight too ! I use the middle weekend for the partying and as most of sims are good cooks they prepare a lot of the food. The other thing I do is make all the televisions and music players in the dorms silent. This stems from my own experience of living in halls when it was impossible to study for exams with the punk music coming out of the room next to me.

Sim enim est vita
    Hejix wrote: »
    @thuggishsplicer I feel you! I've resetted my game way too much and then, after I read my notes, I get nostalgic about my deleted family.

I'd like to play all the sims 3 premade families, but I know it's impossible, especially with my playstyle.

So, I'd like to stick with the Grisby, at least, until Laurel Grisby dies.

Then, learn to backup that family properly... For maybe later, if I plan to play the numerous offsprings... May even use the neighborhood manager mod to play in rotation!

It would be great to save my store content too, nice and tidy.

And keep a good balance between gaming, planning, creating, organizing, researching and writing without forgetting avout real life, especially when I am back to work.

I'd like to continue the blog I started, in a very casual way. I've been wanting to do one forever but always failed to properly structure my thoughts, trying to tell everything going in my game. Thanks to the forum, I learnt to go to the essential. And keep going, while having instantaneous feedbacks that helped my game moving forward!

And I plan on sticking to the forums. It's such a good inspiration to keep your game going and share thoughts and ideas with friendly and passionnate people.

Finally, I want to use sims for more creativity projects. Who said a game didn't teach anything? Sims are a great cataclyst to make me enthuse about the real world and get things done in real life. It's also a great haven when life is too stressful. I want to keep it that way in 2019.

I think most people here would agree that staying in touch with the forum helps them keep their game working and gives them ideas for their own simming. It's a very good plan :)

Before I reset my game I save all my families to an external hard drive. I have done the same with my store content. Then if I get nostalgic I can reload the family I want to play again.

I think your blog idea is good too especially if you are getting feedback to help you move your game forward.

Good Luck with all that you are planning to do.

Sim enim est vita
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Actually the meteor showers came with the Ambitions EP... ;)

So it did :) My apologies. The same applies though I have only seen one since I got Ambitions. Perhaps there is a mod to make them happen more frequently.

Sim enim est vita
    I should add going to the future to my list, I've only recently gotten ITF on sale just because I wanted more urban garden options besides the plant and tree pots so I've yet to go through the portal. Also, while updating Setra with the standard Showtime community lots is easy enough, they sure stand out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the lots there. I'm going to have to find a way to integrate them into the already existing lots. The exception is Mick's Karaoke which looks like it belongs.

I hope you enjoy exploring ITF and creating urban gardens. Are you able to take your copy of Setra into CAW? That way you can use EIG to install community lots. Then you can change the landscaping. If you want to change the appearance of the buildings themselves, there are a few tutorials around. I would ask in the CAW tool section about that. Good Luck in getting sorted so that the buildings fit better into the landscape.

Sim enim est vita
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m planning to finish my heir’s generation by completing 6 tombs in France (Egypt and China are in the pocket, it’s her lifetime reward) and start playing the life of her son. Rough keywords being: strolling, living here and there, adding a stray dog and a wild horse to his household and then settle down to start a farm.

But I’ve started 2019 with building a tomb for RFlong’s new world, so the rest’s on hold for now.

Edited for spelling.
    And you’re going to play my tomb :mrgreen: :

Any pics of your new tomb??

So is the son generation 29 ? I really hope you manage to do the tomb challenge for his mum, I know you have been wanting to complete it for some time.

Sim enim est vita