Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited January 2019
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Entrants for #BnS109 - Twas the Month of December

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #110 - Young Minds
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE26E9300FDE11E982CE526B46B29011?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=PINKUSFAMILY&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 9000
    LOT NAME: The Old Salt House in San Myshuno - My lot name " Lil'Shakespeare Library "
    GALLERY COST: $ 88,888
    TOTAL COST: 97,888
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/y7w7jI4
    ENTRY DETAILS: The lil'Shakespeare Library is more than just a place of learning.. Set in San Myshuno at the Old Salt House lot. The lil'Shakespeare Library is a triumph of urban renewal..Set in the Spice Market Neighborhood . It's A family neighborhood famous for its Spice Festival, Flea Market and dockland views.
    Knowing that Mr Gizinski was passionate about a unique way to learn and had so much love for children.. I went back in my mind to the Many wonderful Schools from Sims 3 which had very pleasing architectural aesthetics. Such as the Sims 3 Aurora Skies ,- Nature & Nurture learning Academy ,The Tiny Protogy Learning Center and the newest Sims 4 LLama Land Library. I tried to take aspects I felt he would appreciate from each one and combined them in to this - The Lil'Shakespeare library..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: @DianePink

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 4SWNsg3.png

QDlmL5y.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited January 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #110 - Teeny Tots Daycare
    FORUM ID:Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: 30x30
    LOT COST: 2 500
    LOT NAME: Domus Familiars (Brindleton Bay)
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8EECC254112811E984A0526B46B29011?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    TOTAL COST: 88 783
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157702105847752
    ENTRY DETAILS: Teeny Tots Daycare is a little different to your normal daycare centers. Come a see for yourself you might just fall in love with the place, and be rest assured that our little bundles of joy will be very happy there
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None - I used MOO, DEBUG and unlocksentitlements.
    TWITTER TAG: Issabella14 - https://twitter.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

5iaRGOV.png

enpRlzF.jpg
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: Laireen35
    ORIGIN ID: Laireen35
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A8610C5311DC11E98147B573E4FD424D
    LOT COST: 4,000 §
    LOT NAME: Willow Creek Archive
    GALLERY COST: 85,000 §
    TOTAL COST: 89,000 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSVTV2tBeKKzwH6p8

ENTRY DETAILS:

The G.R.E.A.T. Daycare

At Gizinski's Recreational Educational Academy for Toddlers (GREAT for short), we pay great attention to all your kid's needs. We provide paramount care and education, build characters and social skills, and make sure your child is properly prepared for higher learning. By the age of six, they will be ready to face the world with a positive mindset. Enroll now, as there are limited openings.

Layout:
    2 story, old brick house, refurbished to fit the needs and regulations for a daycare. Open spaces all over.

Ground floor: The entire ground floor is open plan, wrapping around the stairs to the upper floor. Only the bathroom is totally closed off by floor to ceiling walls, the rest of the floor is open. Nap rooms are closed off with half walls.
    Ground floor includes: Entrance area. Wardrobe for the kids. Information board for the parents.
    Two nap rooms. Hallways. Bathroom. Kitchen and lunch room. Laundry nook. Back door hallway leading to the outside playground.

Upstairs: Open space recreational and educational area. Gated off.
    The entire upper floor is totally open space, so Mr. Gizinski can watch all the kids, from any corner of the floor. Also there is an open view to the floor below, so even if he's up here, he can see the front door, the kitchen and other important areas of downstairs.
    Upper floor includes: Arts & Crafts area, Physical Educations area, Reading nook, Gaming area, Educational area, Pets, Play area.

Outside:
    The playground includes swings, a slide, a sandpit, a hopscotch area and loads of toys, a small vegetable garden and seating area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Laireen35
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ZDAg6UW.png
    ywP0lVY.png
    edited January 2019
    3gHHX7s.png
    Attention STARTING OUT and MASTER Entrants for #BnS109 - Twas the Month of December

Your results are now available starting here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: Kementari
    ORIGIN ID: Kementari1771

LOT: Laugh N' Learn
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent
    GALLERY COST: 85,497
    TOTAL COST: 87,997

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SIMplicity
    ENTRY DETAILS: A bright and colorful school ready to expand and inspire the minds of our youth. Traditional subjects are covered here but also Gardening to grow there own meals and learn about nutrition, Pets to teach the kids responsibility, Music and Dance to keep the kids active but in a fun way.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

TWITTER TAG: @Kementari1771
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/kementari.sim or SIMplicity
    TUMBLR LINK: don't have one :P

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    front1.jpg

read1.jpg

Post edited by Kementari on
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: equuest
    ORIGIN ID: cyprinsims
    LEVEL: I'm not sure. I'll leave that up to the judge's discretion.
    LOT: Bunnie Daycare
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Fern Park
    GALLERY COST: 64,621
    TOTAL COST: 68,482
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/93505822@N03/albums/72157704088909761
    ENTRY DETAILS: As I already created a daycare before, I wanted to go a different direction with this one. Inspired by freezer bunnies, I decided to make this entry focused on pastel colors. This daycare is for both toddler and child sims.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    31730650167_e7e0b307d6_o.png

31730649837_19d8eb6d6e_o.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE: #110 -Young Minds-
    FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LOT:◎Storybook Daycare◎
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Dachsund's Creek (Brindleton Bay)
    GALLERY COST: § 88,997
    TOTAL COST: § 88,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: B'n'S #110 YOUNG MINDS: "Storybook Daycare"
    ENTRY DETAILS: We found this old Tudor style house and thought it would be great for an upgrade while keeping the old vibe from the latest daycare.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    fhrjUfV.pngIc6YtXy.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    look at all the lovely daycares, they are all so cute <3
    @abelhinha35 your castle is adorable :o<3
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    I started the challenge too, but my game is very buggy at the moment and I can't do what I want. I made 4 shells and went over budget in then end. I had no energy to start a new one, so I just finished the last one. I hope you like it although it's not an official entry this time.

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://kilra.blogspot.com/2019/01/aquarius-daycare.html

1.png
    2.png
    There are a couple of hours left to enter...
    I enjoyed seeing all the Wonderful builds !
    Good Luck Everyone !

Diane Pinkus
    Such lovely creations as always! @kilra0 - such a fun roofline <3

If you have a last minute entry, please keep posting. The new challenge will be up in about 8 hours. Think nautical...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #110 -Young Minds-
    FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    HOUSEHOLD: ◎Daycare Crew◎
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: B'n'S #110 YOUNG MINDS: "Daycare Crew"
    ENTRY DETAILS: Darren and Lorna work in the Storybook Daycare. They take care of babies, toddlers and kids. They love to see how the children play and learn with them, and they love seeing them grow up too, despite having to say them goodbye. Some of them still come to visit or call to keep contact.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    HKRLrzt.pngGCcv5cw.png
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS110 Young Minds is officially closed!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2019
    xCFYcoB.png

You arrive at the marina with time to spare. Karl had told you that your meeting was with a businessman, but he wanted to meet you at the docks. You arrive at the slip number and moored in front of you is a somewhat derelict boat, held in place by a crane. You strain your eyes upward and see a woman on board cleaning the glass on a port hole, and a man gathering up some rope.

"Ahoy there" calls the man, waving his hand over his head. He tells you to board the yacht via the gangplank from the pier.

Once on-board, the man walks over to you and shakes your hand. His hands feel calloused and rough. As he smiles at you, you notice there are crinkles around his eyes and his face looks weather beaten. “Isn’t she a beaut?" he says, admiring the boat. You look around the boat nodding your head, but see planks missing from the main walkway and some seaweed dangling from a rigging.

"Oh don't mind how she looks now...it's how she's going to look."

You peer at him not quite understanding what he means and think that you might be the next swabbie.

"umm....Mr....", you start.

"Oh, sorry, name's John, Captain John Buttercups, and the little lady up there is my First Mate, Cordelia, and this boat used to be magnificent until she tangled with a hurricane off the coast. She sunk near some rocks, but we salvaged her and she's back. And that's where you come in."

"It is?" you say, still not quite sure what the Captain is looking for.

"Yes, I was hoping that you would take on the job of restoring her to her former glory."

"Well, I am not in the habit of restoring boats, Captain..." you start to say.

"But a boat is like a house, just on water. I know you can do it. And it's not like we want a cruise liner or anything" Captain says smiling broadly.

"Well, that's true, you say. So, what exactly are you looking for?" You take out your pad and pen and start taking notes.

"Well, the boat is completely gutted, so I would say 3 bedrooms, a master bedroom, a guest bedroom and the crew's quarters. We really want the master bedroom to be luxurious with our own en suite and balcony. The crew's quarters can be shared, but needs 2 single beds. And there should be another bathroom."

"Anything else?" you ask jotting things down.

"Well, of course, a galley kitchen...most definitely a chef's kitchen. And a grand living space with a bar and some entertainment. And Cordelia likes to read out on deck, so a good library and lots of deck chairs to relax and enjoy the ocean. Any other surprises would be welcome to help us relax and enjoy life. But that's about it."

You look at the boat again and close your notebook as a seagull squawks overhead. “I think we can do this. So, I guess it's Anchors Aweigh!"

vPz5U5r.png
    • Budget: $300K (includes the cost of the lot)
    • Design a boat. Can be any type of boat from a yacht to a houseboat.
    • Any lot size, any world, any style. Can be multi-levels..
    • Must have 3 bedrooms. One master bedroom with a balcony and ensuite. A guest bedroom. Crew's quarters, can be a shared space, but must have 2 single beds. An extra bathroom.
    • Chef's galley kitchen.
    • Living area with bar and entertainment. Library could be included here or in a separate space.
    • Lots of deck chairs on deck.
    • Must be on water or an "illusion" of water and docked at a pier with a walkway from the pier to the boat.

Sim Challenge
    Create Captain John Buttercups and Cordelia and show ways they enjoy the nautical lifestyle. You can make them any stage from Young Adult to Adult to Elder, but their attire and traits should be attuned to their boating ways.

Room Challenge:
    • Create the Chef's galley kitchen
    • Budget: 18,000
    • Kitchen should be no larger than 5 x 10 (50 total squares)

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: SmallAurelius
    ORIGIN ID: SmallAurelius
    LEVEL: n/a - first entry
    ROOM: Room Cost Verified - https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/16912233/#Comment_16912233 (Thanks for verifying @BuildnShare, I currently don't link my socials with TS4 so I appreciate the help)
    GALLERY COST: $17,968
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/85MpkH2
    ENTRY DETAILS: "Nautica Home Chef Galley" - This room is a 'home chef' grade kitchen, a step below the industrial standard, but extremely comforting for a food-loving sim to have everything within reach. I made it as a kitchen-only, with no dining space, as no professional kitchen has a space where you should eat (though who doesn't take a chip every now and then).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure. I would also be very open to feedback on taking the showcase shots (I've read the guide and spent quite a while taking the shots but I know they could be better!)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (MOO used) @Severinka (ECO kitchen set), @ShinokKCRS4 (Delight kitchen set, and Liz dining set decor), @SIMcredible (Industrial kitchen set), and @ArtVitalex (Brooklyn bedroom set). Thanks so much to the creators!
    TWITTER TAG: -
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    yWfaKAI.png
    Dish area

3xf4PFi.png
    View from the kitchen side
    Post edited by SmallAurelius on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @SmallAurelius if no one has shown you step-by-step and reposted you post with the gallery link by the time I get home, I will show you and add the link.
    When is this due? and what Build n Share is this ?- I am getting conflicting titles.. Is it Build n Share 111 or #BnS112 ?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
    edited January 2019
    When is this due? and what Build n Share is this ?- I am getting conflicting titles.. Is it Build n Share 111 or #BnS112 ?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

#BnS110 is closed. This is the room entry for the new challenge, with the nautical theme. It will end on 23rd.
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

This is #BnS111, the banner is incorrect and it is due by January 23rd.
    Thank you ! @gmcrozier & @13Vader ;)

Diane Pinkus
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    @SmallAurelius if no one has shown you step-by-step and reposted you post with the gallery link by the time I get home, I will show you and add the link.

Housten, we have a problem. There's CC in the room and I didn't realise that it doesn't show up in the out-of-game gallery... that seems like a pickle.

Any advice for this, anyone?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited January 2019
    @SmallAurelius your lot is not visible to me in game or online galleries and have cc and script mods enabled so I should be able to see it from my in-game gallery due to settings but the item is not visible.

I see from my in-game gallery when I view your page that you have 7 items but only 6 are visible to me. My settings are to allow mods and allow reported items so why the gallery is hiding the galley is a bit weird indeed. Hopefully somebody else will chime in.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    It shows up for me in the in-game gallery. @JojoMOMSTER Did you remember to check the "Include Custom Content" on your Gallery options?
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited January 2019
    Gallery's probably messed up again. It's not even letting me search.
    Okay so the old close and reopen trick worked. It's showing @JojoMOMSTER's last build to be Patio Lanterns Wedding.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top