Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    4. Yeah, I like food that much.
    I didn't think about it this way. Great answer! The food might be worth it, the company not so much.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to Coffee Hour on Wednesday! Today with Francesco and his band.

CH-wednesday3.jpg

Questions for the readers:

1. In Paris chapters the character of Diego was introduced. Were the chapters of him showing his 'love' to Franco too much for you to stomach or did you think 'Keep on bringing the darkness, @candycottonchu'? Would you like to see the story go the same darker path in the future or do you prefer more carefree style?
    2. What is your theory about who killed Diego?
    3. Do you think leaving his wife at the end of season one was a good decision on Franco's part?
    4. How do you think each member of the Deep Rift will handle their future fame?

Questions for the Author:

1. What was the moment when you decided Franny is going to be more than a side character? Why him and not for example Nico?
    2. You already posted some pictures with Ben, the new band member. When are we going to read about him and what made you decide the band needs another member?
    3. Do you approach writing male characters the same way as female ones or is there any difference for you?
    4. Tell us something about the Deep Rift's dynamics. Who is the leader and speaks for the band?
    5. Wanna share with us some quirks of the band members? Who's the loudest snorer etc?
    6. Was there any particular real band that inspired you to write about one?
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2019
    coffee is ready.

i would have been here sooner but lego harry potter for switch is one of those games you start playing then2 hours have gone by. :) still don't know how that happend.
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Just gonna quickly answer the Al questions before Maladi wakes up again:

1. Lol wut :p

2. Take the rocket from my discord screenshot but sneak Al on there while he's sleeping instead. Good bye infidelity. :naughty:

3. Developed as a character! He at least ended season one with Rita metaphorically giving him a swift kick between the legs.

2. or you could lure him inside with a pretty girl. less carry work.

4. aww. maybe it would be different if you could meet Alexandra instead? (same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 personality, tho.)
    13-10-18-22-14-31.png
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Time for me to answer my questions too.

1. What do you think of Al's parenting skills?
    I think both him and Rita are failures as parents. Why did they keep having more kids? Al clearly is not interested in raising them at all. I suppose with first two kids Rita may have thought she would keep Al at home that way, but then it must have been clear it's not the case. Is she so fond of kids and taking care of them all alone without her husband's help? I mean it's five kids plus Sophia. The woman must be a masochist. I suppose they never discussed contraception. Al should really consider vasectomy.

2. What would be the best/funniest punishment for Al's cheating?
    You already know my thoughts on this one.

3. Where do you see Al in next five years?
    At this rate probably having 10 more illegitimate kids with Deep Rift groupies. Although I would love to see him fall for someone who will give him the same treatment he gave Diana and others.

4. Alejandro invites you to a dinner. Will you go?
    Hmm, I think I'd pass. I would be mad at him for having a good time while all his former lovers + ex-wife raise all his kids alone. Or maybe I would go and spill wine into his lap or something. Besides the man can probably impregnate you just by looking at you. Nah. I'll pass.

1. Lol you make me laugh! :joy: Okay I could bother and write chapters about that, but I'm honestly too fully loaded with material for the next seasons, so Idk if I even will.
    Rita has them because she loves those cute little babs. And it's not as if Al had too much say in that - you know, if contraception fails, it fails ;)

3. Wouldn't we all? :) I'm still wondering if you'd hate me or love me for what I planned for him.

coffee is ready.

i would have been here sooner but lego harry potter for switch is one of those games you start playing the2 hours have gone by. :)

Thanks! I definitely need some today c:

2. Take the rocket from my discord screenshot but sneak Al on there while he's sleeping instead. Good bye infidelity. :naughty:

3. Developed as a character! He at least ended season one with Rita metaphorically giving him a swift kick between the legs.

4. aww. maybe it would be different if you could meet Alexandra instead? (same plum personality, tho.)
    13-10-18-22-14-31.png

I think both him and Rita are failures as parents. Why did they keep having more kids? Al clearly is not interested in raising them at all. I suppose with first two kids Rita may have thought she would keep Al at home that way, but then it must have been clear it's not the case. Is she so fond of kids and taking care of them all alone without her husband's help? I mean it's five kids plus Sophia. The woman must be a masochist. I suppose they never discussed contraception. Al should really consider vasectomy.

At this rate probably having 10 more illegitimate kids with Deep Rift groupies. Although I would love to see him fall for someone who will give him the same treatment he gave Diana and others.

Hmm, I think I'd pass. I would be mad at him for having a good time while all his former lovers + ex-wife raise all his kids alone. Or maybe I would go and spill wine into his lap or something. Besides the man can probably impregnate you just by looking at you. Nah. I'll pass.

1. Lol you make me laugh! :joy: Okay I could bother and write chapters about that, but I'm honestly too fully loaded with material for the next seasons, so Idk if I even will.
    Rita has them because she loves those cute little babs. And it's not as if Al had too much say in that - you know, if contraception fails, it fails ;)

3. Wouldn't we all? :) I'm still wondering if you'd hate me or love me for what I planned for him.

coffee is ready.

i would have been here sooner but lego harry potter for switch is one of those games you start playing the2 hours have gone by. :)

4. aww. maybe it would be different if you could meet Alexandra instead? (same plum personality, tho.)
    13-10-18-22-14-31.png

coffee is ready.

13-10-18-22-14-31.png

coffee is ready.

13-10-18-22-14-31.png

coffee is ready.

me too. :)
    Unless you plan for him to crawl back to Diana, I won't hate you.
    coffee is ready.
    i would have been here sooner but lego harry potter for switch is one of those games you start playing then2 hours have gone by. :) still don't know how that happend.
    I posted questions a bit later today. So no big deal.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited January 2019
    1. What was the moment when you decided Franny is going to be more than a side character? Why him and not for example Nico?
    Duh. He kissed Mae autonomously.
    Idk if the game still does that, but at the time I played (without mccc), the game generated random relationships between sims that weren't in the currently played household. I didn't know that it was just a random algorithm and was wondering what Mae and Franny did behind my back :unamused: So I gave him a bit more screen time too, because I still found it kinda funny. And then slowly more happened than I expected.
    I have no idea. I didn't really decide to make him a main. It just happened.

2. You already posted some pictures with Ben, the new band member. When are we going to read about him and what made you decide the band needs another member?
    Two reasons. First, I found the band felt a bit incomplete. Second, I needed a character to do certain things to help the story progress in a direction I wanted. I needed a fresh one which wasn't involved with anyone yet. So I put up two in one and made Ben :D
    He's gonna join Deep Rift quite at the start of season 2.

3. Do you approach writing male characters the same way as female ones or is there any difference for you?
    Not that I could tell. I noticed I tend to spend more time in my male character's heads than my females when I write, but that might just be bc the females come easier to me? Idk.

4. Tell us something about the Deep Rift's dynamics. Who is the leader and speaks for the band?
    On the stage, it's naturally Franny since he's got the mic in the hands. If it's about interviews or organising and planning, it's Al. He's more extroverted than the other two, and also does that since the founding days of Deep Rift, so he has a lot of experience.

5. Wanna share with us some quirks of the band members? Who's the loudest snorer etc?
    Lol! I think they probably snore all when they just drank enough! xD
    I don't know if those count as quirks, but eh. Here's a few more details:
    Franny's probably the most workaholic of them. He loves his music, and is quite a perfectionist. He writes most of the songs, and he can also get quite angry if things don't turn out as he wants to, if it concerns his music or their shows.
    Al does most of the organisational work with the management, and kinda holds the band together to be more than just colleagues. And he's the only one that can completely forget about work when he's out of the studio or off the stage.
    And Nico might be the most tech-oriented. He does most of the song mixing. Also he's probably the nicest of them all, and somewhat idealistic. Otherwise, I have no idea. He's still just deco.

6. Was there any particular real band that inspired you to write about one?
    Nope. I made Al, and let him play the guitar. Then I decided he needs some friends to fill up screenshots, so I made the rest of the band. That's all.
    edited January 2019
    On the stage, it's naturally Franny since he's got the mic in the hands. If it's about interviews or organising and planning, it's Al. He's more extroverted than the other two, and also does that since the founding days of Deep Rift, so he has a lot of experience.
    Oh that's actually very interesting. I thought it was the other way round. You know, Al doing crazy stuff on stage, running into the crowd, pulling girls onto the stage. :D And Franny discussing contracts and organizing.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Oh that's actually very interesting. I thought it was the other way round. You know, Al doing crazy stuff on stage, running into the crowd, pulling girls onto the stage. :D And Franny discussing contracts and organizing.

okay Al doing the organisational stuff doen't mean he doesn't do crazy stuff xD but it's more pulling the girls to the backstage than the front.
    And you have too high expectations of Franny :joy: he's what you'd call a Fachidiot in German. Idk if a similar term exists in English. Someone that is exceptionally good at their subject, in this case music, but otherwise exceptionally clueless and/or uninterested about everyday life skills.
    edited January 2019
    CH-thursday3.jpg

We're still discussing Neighbourhood Talk by the lovely @candycottonchu . Anyone feel free to jump in any time and answer any question from previous days.

I brought help today, since you were a bit reluctant to co-operate yesterday. L'inspecteur Leroux of the préfecture de police de Paris will see to it that you answer all these questions without any delay!

For readers:

1. What scene made you laugh?
    2. You are transported into the story. The teleported drops you in the middle of the Willow Creek with no money, only a phone with numbers of all the characters. Who do you call to help you?
    3. Who is your least favourite character?

For the author:

1. Is there anything (a scene, a character, etc.) you would write differently now when you look back?
    2. You seem to put a lot of thought in your characters' fashion styles. Do you also assign particular colors for them to wear?
    3. Who is your absolutely favourite cc creator?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    oops no one was around.....................runs to make coffee.
    @Maladi777
    AAAHHHH really I love those pics you do every time for the book club :cry:<3

1. Is there anything (a scene, a character, etc.) you would write differently now when you look back?
    Characters - no. I love them all how they are, the good, the bad and the ugly c:
    Scenes - I'm not sure. Sometimes I get feedback on chapters I wrote, and it seems it wasn't clear enough. But then another reader comments, and figures out exactly what I intended to tell. And then again I have chapters where all readers surprise me completely with their perception. I think in hindsight I wouldn't change much, after all. Getting all that different (and sometimes so detailed! <3 ) feedback on my story is one of the best parts of being a writer.

2. You seem to put a lot of thought in your characters' fashion styles. Do you also assign particular colors for them to wear?
    Yes! Clothes are one of the easiest and obvious methods to show a character's personality. About the colors, I usually look what fits the character best. Recently I even made some recolors, because I liked a style, but there wasn't the color option I needed.
    Here's some of my character's colors:

Linda - teal, all shades of blue, emerald green. Occasionally nude colors.
    Mae - mostly pink, yellow, and in general bright colors
    Al - mostly black, with white
    Diana - she has the most colorful wardrobe in the story, but I asociate her mostly with soft cashmere blues and pastel pink. Red looks good too.
    Francesco - black and red. White would look great too, but he probably wouldn't wear that.
    Rosa - barbie pink. and glitter details
    Sofia - hot pink, leo patterns. sometimes cherry red.
    Frank - checked lumberjack shirts xD

I love a lot of creators. But my all time favourite might be SLYD. The quality of his cc is amazing. Too bad most of his stuff is evening wear or high fashion.
    @Maladi777
    AAAHHHH really I love those pics you do every time for the book club :cry:<3

Characters - no. I love them all how they are, the good, the bad and the ugly c:
    Scenes - I'm not sure. Sometimes I get feedback on chapters I wrote, and it seems it wasn't clear enough. But then another reader comments, and figures out exactly what I intended to tell. And then again I have chapters where all readers surprise me completely with their perception. I think in hindsight I wouldn't change much, after all. Getting all that different (and sometimes so detailed! <3 ) feedback on my story is one of the best parts of being a writer.

Yes! Clothes are one of the easiest and obvious methods to show a character's personality. About the colors, I usually look what fits the character best. Recently I even made some recolors, because I liked a style, but there wasn't the color option I needed.
    Here's some of my character's colors:

Linda - teal, all shades of blue, emerald green. Occasionally nude colors.
    Mae - mostly pink, yellow, and in general bright colors
    Al - mostly black, with white
    Diana - she has the most colorful wardrobe in the story, but I asociate her mostly with soft cashmere blues and pastel pink. Red looks good too.
    Francesco - black and red. White would look great too, but he probably wouldn't wear that.
    Rosa - barbie pink. and glitter details
    Sofia - hot pink, leo patterns. sometimes cherry red.
    Frank - checked lumberjack shirts xD

I love a lot of creators. But my all time favourite might be SLYD. The quality of his cc is amazing. Too bad most of his stuff is evening wear or high fashion.

now i have this image of the four of them. i think its 4 i haven't read for a while running in evening gowns and heels.
    @friendsfan367 well, occasionally they will have to wear evening gowns c:

And thanks for the coffee! :D
    edited January 2019
    1. In Paris chapters the character of Diego was introduced. Were the chapters of him showing his 'love' to Franco too much for you to stomach or did you think 'Keep on bringing the darkness, @candycottonchu'? Would you like to see the story go the same darker path in the future or do you prefer more carefree style?
    I'd say a mix of both. I like me some darker stuff here and there, but after Paris I started to really enjoy Mae's shenanigans.

At first I thought he might have owed money to someone, but then they wouldn't get the money back if they killed him. So maybe he was selling too? Somewhere he shouldn't have. Hard to tell. We know too little about him.

3. Do you think leaving his wife at the end of season one was a good decision on Franco's part?
    Something had to happen for sure. But maybe he and Rosa should have tried counseling first.

Franny probaby won't care much about the being a celebrity part. Alejandro will be even worse version of himself, not holding back at all.
    As for Nico and Ben, I don't know enough about them to make any guesses.

Besides the famous scene with Alejandro escaping Nancy's bedroom I have a new favourite from Paris chapters. Mae with her melting eyeshadows had me in stitches. Don't ask me why. It just did. Maybe it was because @candycottonchu went a bit overboard with editing, but I found it hilarious.

2.You are transported into the story. The teleported drops you in the middle of the Willow Creek with no money, only a phone with numbers of all the characters. Who do you call to help you?
    I would call Frank. He seems to be most trustworthy, both feet on the ground kind of a guy. I believe he would kindly offer me a shelter and wouldn't try any tricks on me.

Franny's wife Rosa. Her excessive use of make up, the way she dresses makes her look fake. And she is, because she clearly does it all to make up for her insecurities. I wonder who she really is when she is alone.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. All the parts ofof Paris where Mae is unintentionally seducing Franco. Maybe someone will come after this out of a dislike for the "mistaken as gay" plotline but idk...I laughed.

EDIT: it's actually @Maladi777's funniest scene pick, never mind

2. Definitely Linda. I feel like she has the best connections to return me home or get me a plane ticket.

3. Diego because gay abusers still deserve the bullet (and boy did he get it!)

EDITED TO ADD MORE: I totally get the more consistent Rosa hate but Diego gave me a stronger reaction. Now who will get punishment next though?
    Post edited by InfraGreen on
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited January 2019
    Late with these answers but you know what they say better late than never.

The darkness brought in drama which made the story more interesting and brought more reality into the story. Sadly the events that happened in Diego and Franco's relationship actually does happen in real life which is something we must not close our eyes to. Its best to keep these issues out in the open or they will continue to happen behind closed doors. I applaud @candycottonchu for bring up a controversial topic and I do hope that she will continue to do so in the future.

Diego must have been involved in some unsavory characters considering we already know he hooked Franco on drugs. He must have 🐸🐸🐸🐸 someone off or tried to cross someone who is involved with dealing drugs. Who knows maybe he was stealing from them. Whatever the case may be Diego certainly was playing a dangerous game and it caught up with him. I'm sure it was a professional hit.

I have been very vocal about this before which I'm sure Candy already knows my answer to this question. YES!

I don't think Franco will let fame get to his head but I'm sure it will get to Al's. Don't know much about the other two but I do hope that we learn more about them (Hint to Candy) Maybe one of the two would be a great match for Diana? That would be some situation now wouldn't it.

The scene where Al had to jump off the Landgraab's balcony.

2. You are transported into the story. The teleported drops you in the middle of the Willow Creek with no money, only a phone with numbers of all the characters. Who do you call to help you?

Frank definitely. He seems like the type that would always be willing to help a damsel in distress.

Another topic I have been extremely vocal about. Rosa because she is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in plain English and Rita because she is a poor excuse for a mother yet she keeps on popping them out.
    coffee is ready. i had adulting again. :):)
    EDITED TO ADD MORE: I totally get the more consistent Rosa hate but Diego gave me a stronger reaction. Now who will get punishment next though?

Ha! I kinda agree with you! While I still have some sympathy for Rosa, and feel sorry for her, I think I've never written a character I hated so much as Diego. I mean... I did intend him to be total scum. But dude, do I hate him. :smiley:

@Piazzagirl1015 I do intend to bring in more controversial topics. Maybe not so violent anymore. But I like to have the opportunity as a writer to point out things that bug me in real life.
    edited January 2019
    CH-friday.jpg

Happy Friday, readers!

I'm a bit late today due to some technical difficulties, but I couldn't let you escape my questions.

For readers:

1. Do you think the characters and their problems are realistic?
    2. Diana has a great circle of friends, but it may not be enough. She needs to provide for her daughter. Should she sue her daughter's father for maintenance money?
    3. Do you have any favourite ships?
    4. Pick any character and assign a totem animal to them that in your opinion characterizes them.

For the author:

1. Your sets are amazing. Where do you find inspiration for decorating your sims' houses?
    2. Describe your creative process. How does a chapter of NBT come to be?
    3. Everyone has them. How do you fight writer's block?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    CH-friday.jpg

Happy Friday, readers!

I'm a bit late today due to some technical difficulties, but I couldn't let you escape my questions.

For readers:

2. Diana has a great circle of friends, but it may not be enough. She needs to provide for her daughter. Should she sue her daughter's father for maintenance money?
    4. Pick any character and assign a totem animal to them that in your opinion characterizes them.

For the author:

1. Your sets are amazing. Where do you find inspiration for decorating your sims' houses?
    2. Describe your creative process. How does a chapter of NBT come to be?
    3. Everyone has them. How do you fight writer's block?

hey i beat you today. lol.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member

I do think the characters are realistic. All of them are written with flaws which makes them totally realistic. Totally perfect cookie cutter characters tend to bore me. Lets face it nobody is perfect. Candy writes everyone in situations that we all may face in real life and sometimes they may not make the right decisions. However we follow them as they live trying to deal with the hand that life has dealt them.

Most definitely. Lana deserves to be parented and supported by both of her parents. The court can not force Alejandro to be a father to any of his kids but he most certainly has to pay his fair share of child support. Not only to Diana but to Rita also.

Only one, Frank and Linda

Alejandro is most definitely a wolf as that is a term for a womanizer, Linda is like a busy little honey bee who is always working all the time, and this last one needs no explanation Franco is a fox.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @candycottonchu! I dropped in to say a quick hello. @Maladi777 is posing great questions and I have loved reading the answers. <3 I’m sorry I havent been able to participate but I’m still on vacation. B)

Yes. I love they are t perfect and have character flaws or make bad decisions! It keeps things interesting.

Absolutely she should seek out child support. But I don’t know if she would do it.

Frank and Linda and of course, Mae and Franco because I’m shallow.

@Piazzagirl1015 I'm afraid I don't get the fox reference...

@AudreyFld Heeeyyy I didn't expect you here tbh! <3 I hope you're enjoying your cruise?