Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite world?

Okay, I had to leave out the vacation worlds because I'm only allowed ten poll options, so I'd like to know:
Which is your favourite (residential) world in The Sims 4?

You can also make a list and rank them all individually if you'd like. (In fact, I think I'm going to do just that later.)

Your favourite world? 276 votes

Willow Creek
9%
icmnfrshaprilroseCrazyboutTheSimsxbecky685xColorist40joelygirlsims2Bagoas77drake_mccartyKiaraSims4ModsAeriexo11Lustianiciaspice3Francl27fiercephoenix91Missimay94Noree_DoreemusteniDestin2016BabySquarecharlesberg 26 votes
Oasis Springs
7%
Annie2008applefeather2MeteoraStormicftlduKirbySkywalkerSimplyJensikasika18SavvySimmieHotSusieluDopieDopeSimShepardcalaprfyCatersMoonSimPlainevilNindlSally1502Phantasi33RobotBeesKellogg_J_Kellogg 21 votes
Newcrest
5%
JaiSeaSikoahGraceSimburianvivica86Sajahimariajane216CellardwellerInternal_ChaosSteve StormCharlotta11Limorzgemjasahandle101Alex7890SimsAndyDanielSharonia 16 votes
Magnolia Promenade
0%
AmandèleLquinn 2 votes
Windenburg
32%
Evalenbshag4lvGoldmoldarGRIMMYSnosrap522jeepjeepcatkippy300VibseWritin_RegIsb917simm621elanorbretonKementariMariefoxprice83SimpkinIObelleWyrrenBluelleroflmaoxsarahjaymancraz 90 votes
San Myshuno
15%
Frn0731Kita5399PlayerSinger2010CorkysPetalsMizz_TriceyNofravellAlexizealejandro15039luthienrisingChelleJosimmietimejupkmnfallenangel66floridameerkatAngelini55AngelEb95x_Always_Heart_xmetalfenix_RafOlivesplum06MakoSims 43 votes
Forgotten Hollow
4%
ZeriNihmoAnmirlaFlexono1ClassicalSimadele_katSiliCloneLiELFFallenPrinceBusufuGamingTweetykatrinasforest 12 votes
Brindleton Bay
21%
vancanuckfan86IcewolfJasestoryyAlexaiSasquatch7huandluasimbsimStrangerthanUmbralFlowerkokoro80Elegantblkchina1rosehrtgirlElokaloubylouloualanmichael1zagboorulesVuloripxelskieskeenow 59 votes
Del Sol Valley
2%
lilacfaery06duhboy2u2Serendipity38boredbeauty111ohmyohmythatsnotswegJohnvincent1229 7 votes

Comments

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    San Myshuno
    Windenburg is a close second.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Windenburg
    Mine constantly changes but I've been playing longer seasons and WB is beautiful in the winter.. really in all the seasons
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • rosecoloredsimrosecoloredsim Posts: 42 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg reminds me of Veronaville from Sims 2. I love the townies in the town like Behr/Bjergsen/Villareal/Fyres. The sea monster Emily is really cute and I love seeing her when I'm near the water. The design of the houses is really unique compared to some of the other worlds.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is AMAZING. I love the farm area, that looks like a rural community. I love the island that only has joggers/passerby of people who live on the island, and if you want to be remote you can. It truly is a beautiful world and I hope they make another large one like it again.
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    Newcrest
    Visually it's not the prettiest world I just use it most, so I guess it's my favorite
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Windenburg
    Just like the majority - Windenburg with Brindleton Bay as second.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton Bay and Newcrest are tied for me. I love the New England feel - but I house most of my sims in Newcrest first lol.
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited January 2019
    Windenburg
    I liked all the lots that came with Windenburg and whenever my sims go out, they always go there so I really love it. San Myshuno is second on the list but I only let my sims come for festivals and the food stalls.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Willow Creek
    I think that I meant to choose Newcrest... whichever neighborhood has Budget Bend. I only have one household (a gay male couple) that I've ever played in ts4 o:) (for approximately 100 hours).
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2019
    Willow Creek
    1. Willow Creek - I had to give the top spot to good old Willow Creek. I like the lush green world with some murky swamps near the edges. The building style is something I enjoy as well. I really love the neighbourhoods with playgrounds in them, especially the commercial district.

2. Fogotten Hollow - This world appeals to me most style wise but the problem is its small size. If there was more to do it would probably get the top spot on my list. I have to say I haven't live there yet, kind of saving it for later?

3. Windenburg - Windenburg is amazing with its four giant neighbourhoods. The isolated island is my absolute favourite. The downside of Windenburg are the long distances and sparse passerbys which make the town center look dead.

4. Oasis Spring - Although I don't care for desert world or the building style that much, I think that OS has plenty to offer with well balanced neighbourhoods.

5. Newcrest - I'm not a huge fan of empty worlds but like WC and OS I think that Newcrest is well balanced when it comes to lot sizes, playgrounds, fishing spots etc.

6. San Myshuno - I like the apartments and don't really mind the few lots but there are some problems especially with the center park lot (no one goes there). I wouldn't want to play in the city all the time but it's very good when looking for an alternative to regular sim life.

7. Del Sol Valley - Haven't actually lived there yet so it's a bit early to say but the hollywood style doesn't really appeal to me. The lot sizes also seem a bit problematic for my gameplay. I do like the districts though.

8. Brindleton Bay - I have tried to like brindleton Bay but for some reason I just don't. There are many wonderful things like the lighthouse and the wharf. Still it seems boring to me and the lot placement feels kind of awkward.

9. Magnolia Promenade - Almost forgot Magnolia promenade. I actually like it but feel like it adds nothing new on the table. Combine that with its tiny size and I think the last spot is deserved.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Willow Creek
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I think that I meant to choose Newcrest... whichever neighborhood has Budget Bend. I only have one household (a gay male couple) that I've ever played in ts4 o:) (for approximately 100 hours).

Willow Creek has Bargain Bend if you meant that?
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Forgotten Hollow
    Forgotten Hollow because there aren't any buildings in the backdrop. I can make it into any kind of world I want. I do wish it were larger, though.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    San Myshuno
    I prefer cities for my Sims, I wish we could get a new one that isn’t just a backdrop like Del Sol.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    I like that some lots are a little more secluded and in the trees vs right up on the roads. I personally do not live on a neighborhood street, and I like that my sims don't have to either.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Willow Creek
    I think it honestly depends on what kind of play style you're interested in. I usually like going for a suburban family play style, so Willow Creek is the best choice for that (in my opinion). Also, it seems to be the only world you can actually experience every type of weather in... for me, it constantly rains/thunderstorms in Newcrest and Brindleton Bay (which can often get highly annoying). However, I mostly use Newcrest as a commercial district. I think I only currently have three houses there.

Oasis Springs is a desert... which is the kind of setting I never liked in games. Not even just in The Sims... lol Whenever I come across a desert in a video game, I usually ignore it (if possible) or rush through it as fast as I can (if it's required for the game's story). Also, Oasis Springs doesn't get snow... which is essential for my Christmas season gameplay. lol

Windenburg is too foreign for my kind of gameplay (I don't really care for the old English village theme). The same goes for Forgotten Hollow.

Del Sol Valley is too small for what it is... especially since it's supposed to be a Hollywood/Los Angeles kind of world... it should've been much bigger (like the size of Windenburg).

I don't necessarily have anything negative to say about San Myshuno. It's just not really my kind of gameplay. For me, apartments have only been used in The Sims to start out (if I choose to do so). I almost never make them into actual homes for my Sims to live and raise a family in.

I probably made this comment out to be much more than needed... lol Sorry if I kinda ranted for a bit. I'm extremely exhausted right now (been awake for almost 24 hours)... lol So I might not even know what I'm talking about right now... xD I guess I'll see later on when I actually get some sleep.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Voted for Brindleton Bay because it is just so beautifully rustic and sometimes a little gray - it just is very moody and expressive, not to mention interactive as most of the worlds are as well.

I do love Windenburg because of its architecture and feel, I need to play in that world more often honestly.

Finally, my third favorite is Del Sol Valley - which I know is kind of an unpopular opinion in terms of gameplay at least, and I totally get that. It could be MUCH more immersive. But it is based off of my home and I recognize a lot of the inspiration, and so much of it has outstanding accuracy. When you go up to the top of the Pinnacles and look at that crazy view... It gives me a level of appreciation for LA that I don't always allow myself to have because I am one of those grumpy natives.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    San Myshuno
    San Myshuno by far I'm using this world and apartments way too often.
    But Windenburg and Brindleton Bay are close behind.
  • Trippey_DTrippey_D Posts: 25 Member
    Windenburg
    I love Windenburg; the European inspired town and landscape, the Bluffs and the Castle ruins are all great places!
  • cinnxmonbuncinnxmonbun Posts: 20 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is so beautiful! There is so much to do around the town and the building style is so nice to look at - I love how some of it is old-fashioned and some is modern. San Myshuno is definitely a close second to it though, I love the diversity and , like Windenburg, there is so much to do around the world.
    "May the odds be ever in your favour!"
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Oasis Springs
    I think my love for Oasis Springs just comes from how much I enjoyed Strangetown from TS2! I love the desert atmospheres in both games. If it were open world, I might like San Myshuno the best, or at least a close second, because that would add so much to the city feel. Then again, Seasons has changed my perspective on the worlds, and has allowed me to appreciate places like Windenburg that I was pretty indifferent about prior to Seasons.

Del Sol Valley is interesting, but a little lackluster--disappointing in ways that make it seem like nothing more than a copy of the other worlds. Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade are just bizarre.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    San Myshuno
    San Myshuno is my current fave, I am really enjoying the apartments. I've had Sims live in the rundown TLC apartments, and one in a nice penthouse. The street festivals make the little neighborhood seem much more alive, and I don't seem to notice just how small the gameworld is.

I haven't spent much time in Windenburg yet, or Brindleton Bay, I might make a few families and dump them in later and see how the worlds play out. I've bounced around from different neighborhoods with a collector Sim, and I have to say my least favorite is Del Sol Valley.. It just seems so oddly small.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Windenburg
    Would be Forgotten Hollow if only it were a little bigger! I like San Myshuno too. Magnolia Promenade is pretty but there could be more lots placed on it.
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Cats and Dogs is the only expansion I have that includes a world. I love the style though + all the kitties and puppies to adopt :)
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg, my go to place to have a night out on the town, drop in at the bar for a drink and some darts, dancing until dawn with your buds...that why I love Windenburg.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Oasis Springs
    It's dark and cold for far too long where I live so anywhere hot and sunny does me.