Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outfit used for "Joyride" action turns Sim skin black or completely flesh tone clothing?

EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
I noticed that when two of the Sim Kids have in the neighborhood join to joyride one of them the skin goes all black as if the skin file is missing and the other, his clothing goes to a flesh-tone color. I'm not quite sure how to fix this as I don't know how you edit the "outfit" used for the "Joyride" interaction on the couch. I do have CC installed but I don't understand how it got attached to this. When I run the game without any installed content the same glitch appears for both sims. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I read this:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/comment/15847382/#Comment_15847382

Tested it and sure enough: the first 'everyday' outfit the child wore on its first joyride got stuck as that special outfit together with the helmet and goggles even after changing all of the everyday outfits to something else, the sofa to another one, trying on a different piece of furniture (arm chair) and clearing my cashes in between. The first outfit worn was from ITF, I did not try to disable the EP. I have no idea how to solve it, sorry!
  • Options
    So you had the same glitch? gah.. I wish TS3 wasnt as buggy..
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Well yes, in testing. Sorry if this is redundant because you already seemed to know, but one of the reasons I know of for skins and outfits turning one colour or devoid of light is that the CC skins and outfits they were created with does not exist in that particular player's game, and is substituted with nothing. So a wild guess is if there is a technically skilled player that knows where exactly these 'special outfits' are saved, maybe an eradication of the CC there as well would help, after clearing your cashes of course. I have been told that the mod Master Controller can be used to change outfits:
    @puzzlezaddict
    @igazor

Edit: wrong word
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm not sure I quite qualify as "technically skilled," but I might guess that you can edit the kids' special outfits while they are wearing those outfits. They should be accessible either through MasterController (click on a kid, select NRaas > MC > Stylist) or a testingcheats trip to CAS (bring up the cheats console with crtl-shift-c, enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, shift-click on the kid and select Edit in Create a Sim). If MC Stylist doesn't fix the skin, MC > Advanced > Edit in CAS may work.

And if the joyriding outfit is resistant to change, you could try creating a second one and then deleting the original.
  • Options
    I tried using the testingcheatsenabled true, but it won't let you go in to edit Sims while the Sim isn't in any of the "normal" clothing modes. i.e. Everyday, Formal, etc. So it definitely treats this differently. I'll have to see about this MC program. Havent ever used that. I don't understand how both kids got like this and especially why both are different glitches. It would at least make sense if they were both botched in the same way.
  • Options
    Thanks for reporting back!

Tested again:
    Uninstalled Into The Future EP (I am on Steam). When loading the save there were no message about 'missing content' like I have seen on other occasions when loading a game that was using content temporarily uninstalled.

When the child took a joyride, the previous ITF special outfit were now changed to a base game pajamas, colour light blue - not a default colour of it in CAS. The shoes (not from ITF) were the same as before. I tried to change the child's outfit in a wardrobe but there were no option to. ('Change appeareance' in a mirror worked and stayed as the new 'special outfit': tiger face make-up and plantsim flower bud hair instead of helmet). My game is vanilla /unmodded, and I could not change the child's outfit with testingcheatsenabled, the special outfit hindered it like you noticed.

With testingcheatsenabled (plastic surgery not being an option for children) I changed the child's skin to other colour: dark blue. When taking a joyride the skin was changed back to default one/the one the child had on their first joyride (so peach pink skin, light blue pajamas, flower hair and tiger face - funny).

I reinstalled ITF, but that did not change the child's special outfit (still peach pink skin, light blue pajamas, flower hair, tiger face).

My guess based on this is that the children in your game had a skin versus outfit on their first joyride that somehow got changed later on and that the CC (?) skin and outfit is still accessible for the game and therefore not exchanged to something else even when you uninstall everything.

I do not have CC so don't know that much about it or how to remove it properly, but here are some hopefully useful links:

User files in sims 3 explained on crinrict's blog, the 5 cashe files and DCCashe I think is mostly important in this case:
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

How to remove CC explanation on AHQ, see especially "my sims are all [insert colour here]":
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-Find-and-remove-bad-custom-content-CC/td-p/2759940

I do not have the mod MasterController so could not try that, but if you are interested in it you will find it here:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController