Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day or Jungle Adventures?

They’re the two GPS I don’t have, and am considering getting one because of the sale. Which one do you use/like better?

Spa Day or Jungle Adventures? 107 votes

JA
51%
rudy8292Hejixalexspoom13SimmervilletclvisSusanaLeoteBloosmoocandy8AnmirlaMariefoxprice83cchant86Moon_Willowluthienrisingmock68hadklaxSarahTheRedFreygeapajamajam07Pegasystaydev 55 votes
SD
48%
IcewolfaprilroseAlrynnIsb917invisiblgirlBagoas77g01denswandragonfreakzagboorulesmarcel21TheGreatGorlonLustianiciaJennyggwrenstalessimmietimeSerendipity38jheyjuneicebixtersannaliese39Netzspannung 52 votes

Comments

• talior12talior12 Posts: 11 New Member
    JA
    I think JA is much better and brings fun content to the game.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    You are talking about 2 completely different game packs. Depends on what adds more fun and content to your gaming experience.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    JA
    Hmm...
    On one hand, Jungle Adventure has a lot to do, places to explore, artifacts to find, sights to see.

On the other hand, without the Wellness skill from Spa Day, you can't teleport around the jungle, and the jungle is really big!

I'd say get Jungle Adventure for now, though.
    It's a fun vacation destination, and I also like the new radio stations is comes with.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    SD
    As entertained I am by the concept of Jungle Adventure, I had to go with Spa Day. Not only does it add the new Spa venues, it also adds a host of other content I tend to use in game on a daily basis.
    It adds the wellness skill, which can be built by doing several things - yoga on the new yoga mats, meditating on the meditation stools, or giving massages on the massage tables and chairs. If you choose to go the meditation route, you can actually freeze your needs while meditating once you get high enough, and you can also unlock the capability to teleport at will.
    Then there's a massive supply of moods you can get your Sims into super easily. Different yoga routines will give you moods, as well the new mud bath and various perfumed bath options you can perform in any tub. There's also a new music station, New Age, which focuses any Sim who's listening to it.
    I really like the pack, and enjoy the spa venues that I can send my Sims to when they need to relax. It's something I use repeatedly across all families.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    SD
    I like both packs, but Spa Day just adds so much more things to enhance your Sims everyday life. You probably don't want all of your Sims to become Archaeologists or Adenturers or even take them on regular vacations, but Spa Day has something for every household, even if it is just a scented bath. I won't go into any more detail because @TheGreatGorlon already did a great job - way to live up to your name. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    don't forget the clothing options and decor options for both packs, too.

while i absolutely love both packs, spa day wins over for me for a few things not mentioned previously. thegreatgorlon brought up some of what i use pretty frequently with most of my sims, but there are also the various decor things. virtually all of my households get an aquarium somewhere, typically one of the two from the spa day pack (it also comes with 3 new types of fish, but so does jungle adventure). the incense, candles, bamboo and other decor plants get quite a bit of use in multiple builds, too

saunas can be great, whether put in a residential or community lot (i know my rl finnish and korean friends were both super, super excited by the ability to include saunas in their games since they're a huge deal in both cultures). only certain households in my game get them, and i've got several set up in both the gyms and the spas in my game. they're also both an extra woohoo location and an extra way to kill sims, if either of those matters

and the clothing tends to find its way into either athleticwear or sleepwear for a fair number of my sims and some of the options can get good use in other categories, too

at the end of the day, though, my suggestion is 'get both, eventually. they're both awesome packs for very different reasons and you'll likely adore them both'
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    JA
    I love all of the lush jungle scenery and turning into a skeleton is the best thing ever - one of my sims had me dying the other day with the sound of their bones jangling as they walked around (:
  • tclvistclvis Posts: 17 Member
    JA
    I've had a lot of fun with the jungle. I already have a ton of laundry, but I'll probably never get an archaeological adventure, so this one's my pick. It's been entertaining to explore the ancient area, and you get a machete. Plus new food. The puzzles aren't hard, but the results can be super funny, especially the curses. Someday I might get laundry on a sale for the build items, but the jungle is awesome--oh, hey, my dryer is buzzing irl...
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    JA
    I use both regularly, so it was hard choosing. Either one is good for different things.

Spa Day might be better if you prefer realistic gameplay, but otherwise I'd suggest Jungle Adventure first.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    SD
    I bought Spa Day because I felt I could use more of the stuff from that pack and I was right.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    JA
    This was a tough choice for me. I love both of these packs so much! I only just received JA as a Christmas present and I'm still exploring everything it has to offer. So, I've used everything in Spa Day much more than JA at the moment. I love everything about that pack and use the items in just about every household. But, JA comes with a new vacation world that is absolutely gorgeous! Spa Day doesn't and since JA is new to me right now it's my current favorite of the pair. You can't go wrong with either one in my opinion. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2019
    SD
    While I think all game packs are good, these two are probably my least favourites. They add very differtent things so it's incredible hard to recommend one over another without knowing what you're looking for. Spa day has yoga, sauna, welnness skill etc. which are easy tu utilize in everyday sim life. Jungle adventure is more about the experience... while I'm not an enthusiastic temple explorer, the vacation destination itself is worth visiting.

I cast my vote to Spa Day because the pack is well made (if it's a theme you enjoy), whereas Jungle adventure, despite its stunning visuals, leaves something to hope for from the exploration perspective.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    SD
    I'd vote Spa Day for the build and buy mode stuff. I'm also a fan of normal/everyday things and use the spa day activities more often in my families.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    JA
    I don't know you personally, or what kind of simmer you are, so I can only answer this from my own point of view, and Jungle Adventures is my favourite EP. I love the theme, the music, the furniture, the clothes, and of course the jungle and the archaeology aspect, but the latter two are things you have to actively seek out, whereas Spa Day integrates more naturally into sims' everyday life. It really comes down to what you are interested in.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    SD
    Spa Day is my favourite after Parenthood, easily. All of my Sims do yoga instead of running on the treadmill every day, and I use a lot of the buy objects in my houses. It also gives Sims the ability to teleport (once they get to a '7' in Wellness), which is terribly useful for travelling around the neighbourhood. (You can also use the meditation stool to teleport to the hidden places, once your Sim has accessed them the regular way.) All my Sims, toddlers included, eat nothing but the Superfood salad twice a day. It's once of the few foods that doesn't overfeed them. And I think the mud bath and bath soaks are also part of the Spa Day pack? Excellent for Sims who arrive home tense from the workday.

Yoga is a lot of fun - the animations are wonderful. Much more interesting than watching them on the treadmill, and a yoga routine each day is just enough to keep them fit. (It also sets their mood - you can choose between focused, inspired and energised, depending on which mood they need for their morning tasks.)

I finally bought JA when it was on sale, but haven't visted Selvadora yet. I'm not really interested in exploring, and would rather avoid killer bees and spiders. Mostly, I just wanted some new content and the archaeology skill.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • rosecoloredsimrosecoloredsim Posts: 42 Member
    JA
    I'd have to go with Jungle Adventure. You have the new location Selvadora and the build/buy and CAS items are gorgeous. There's some new recipes too and it's a great pack to play if you want to spice up your gameplay a bit.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2019
    SD
    spa day <3

jungle adventure is a terrible pack

you clear an arch to get a rabbit hole adventure.
    boring going from one arch to the next with the same style. it looks nice but each location is boring
    it as some great content but I find the the weakest in the game packs :#

Spa day offers enjoyment and well used content
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    JA
    I don't have any of these packs, but had to vote in order to see the result of your poll :)

I'm probably in the same situation as you. JA and SD will be my next packs, but I will wait until they are on sale again. They were just on 25%, but I'm in no hurry, and 25% is not really making much of a difference, anyway as they are not very expensive. JA might even be worth the full price as it comes with a world.

My plan is to build a Spa in the jungle, that, will give my richer sims a reason to travel often, even if not being archelogists or very adventurous.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No way I can vote here. They do completely different things. Spa day for more normal everyday maybe? However I need build/buy in both. Not sure how I got along without the fridge that came in JA. Get the one that's on sale first :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • akinatsukana28akinatsukana28 Posts: 10 New Member
    SD
    I say Spa Day.

I Jungle Adventure but I grew tired of it really fast.
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    JA
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Hmm...
    On one hand, Jungle Adventure has a lot to do, places to explore, artifacts to find, sights to see.

On the other hand, without the Wellness skill from Spa Day, you can't teleport around the jungle, and the jungle is really big!

I'd say get Jungle Adventure for now, though.
    It's a fun vacation destination, and I also like the new radio stations is comes with.

i totally forgot about teleporting!! lol
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    JA
    Lol, they're kind of completely opposite packs haha! So, really depends on what kind of game you enjoy--do you want a relaxing day out excursion with lots of positive moodlet boosters and an extra woohoo spot? Or a new vacation spot with expensive treasures, gorgeous scenery, and, like, ten new ways to die?
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    For owners of Outdoor Retreat, I notice that Sims will often come home from work tense if vacation days start piling up.
    Ostensibly the more time a Sim has on the books the higher the chance a Sim will come home in this mood.
    Of course a simple solution is just to take an occasional stay at home vacation day, but how fun is that?

For that reason I am curious about JA,
    Having said that, Spa day and Parenthood are neck and neck for my favorite GP's
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Thanks everyone. I got JA, although I haven’t explored it yet. I like the CAS stuff, though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    SD
    My vote is Spa Day I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased Jungle Adventures I only went to the new world once and was bored out of my mind with those chance card adventures. How I wish I could get my Sim to unlearn that dance.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"