Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parties hosted by casual acquaintances at my Sims' house

WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
My Sims were hanging out in the neighborhood when they received an invitation to attend a birthday party. They were in their home neighborhood and I looked around not noticing any party-like behavior when I hit the Home key and looked at their apartment - filled to the brim with partying Sims, most of whom they didn't know. I didn't receive any request or notification that my Sim was hosting an event. Anyone else experience this? Search revealed nothing.
Post edited by Wndblwz on

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Since you can host parties at their place, it's only fair they can do it at yours.

In all seriousness, invites are broken, to the extent that you never get taken to the lot you're supposed to meet at. I hadn't thought of it, but I suppose the bug extends to birthday party invitations.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    You mean your sims apartment?

I've had it happen recently for the first time. Seems to happen with homeless sims. I thought, hey sure I'll come to your party why not my sim wasn't doing anything, BUT soon as I accepted all the event started at my sims place. Pfft, it was a pretty terrible birthday party for the other sim and no one was around ot watch them blow out candles.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    I had this happen today, I was actually coming on here to see if anyone else has had this lol. One of the celebrities that came with Get Famous invited me to his birthday. I accepted and then everyone started showing up at my house. Since then I’ve had one other sim try to have an event at my house. They’re Sims that my sim doesn’t even know well 😂
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Just had it happen again tonight... Birthday invitation received from a casual acquaintance, within minutes a chef arrives and starts cooking. This time no other Sims showed up, just the birthday girl and the hostess (my Sim) in attendance.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Does it help if you lock your door to anyone but household?
    Does it help if you lock your door to anyone but household?

I don't know.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    My question would be does that sim have a home or are they homeless?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    This just isn't right. I'd be furious to learn that some Sim had picked my place to host a party. They would get deleted in an instant. But this aside, I was wondering why my Sims got taken to a different place than the announced one in an invite to parties and dinners. I really hope this bug will get attention and be fixed.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited January 2019
    Same cause my sim was asked on a date to the park but we need up at a retail store. Still a successful date but was a weird one.
    I'm thinking the birthday party thing is exclusive to homeless Sims... So far, that appears to be the case. The being taken to other locations for outings is also an issue.