Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things other people want that you don't care for?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably for me it would be cars and extra age stages (preteens, preschoolers, "young" elders, etc.).

Other than maybe a fix-it type car like in the Sims 3 Store, I don't really see the point of cars at this stage of the game. You just get into a car and disappear -- then when you get to the destination, where does the car go, into your inventory?

As for extra age stages that seems like way too much complication. I'd rather see changes made to the existing age stages (I'd especially like to see elders be a bit less creaky if the Sim has high Fitness skill or has finished the Bodybuilder aspiration) rather than creating all new ones. And I'm sorry to say that I don't think we're going to get improved babies because I'm not sure if they could implement them without breaking players' existing saves if there are babies in them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    sennawales wrote: »
    University: I think any straight implementation would feel too similar to GtW, especially the scientist career. After 2 iterations, there needs to be a twist to it, not just here's some science (we already have scientist, medical, and botanist careers), art (stylist and art careers), communications (political and social media careers) and so on.

Witches: Why does it have to be a separate life state? Why can't it just be magic? It limits the things that can be done, like alien magic or anti-magic, vampire magic, pet magic, even PlantSim magic. The life state part of it seems very redundant.

Cars: There are several issues with this, the biggest one being that Windenburg has only 1 road. I'm also sceptical that any iteration wouldn't be problematic, going by the issues with umbrellas in Sims 4 and cars in Sims 3 (the list of issues for that is too big). However, I wouldn't mind bicycles, skateboards or whatever, even though they would have the umbrella problem.

Babies: They're too similar to toddlers. Just use those resources to enhance toddlers further.

Maybe there could be a Magic skill that any Sim could learn, but witches/wizards (please, no "manwitch" -- it grates on my ears and makes me crave Sloppy Joes) might have an easier time developing it or would have fewer fails when casting spells, or maybe have access to extra-powerful spells that ordinary Sims can only learn by befriending an actual witch/wizard.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Cars - To me these are just going to be glorified loading screens, I really don't see the point.

New Life Stages - As some one else said pre-teen is 3 years at the most and is covered in the child and teen stages, it offers no new game play whatsoever.

Babies - As a mother, I can tell you that Sims 4 babies do what most newborns do. Lay on their backs pooping and screaming to have their needs met, briefly they may cuddle a bit before falling asleep and starting the cycle over again. I'm fine with skipping crawling because in reality this stage lasts a few weeks tops before they learn to pull themselves up and walk it's not a long stage IRL so I don't greatly miss it in game at all.

Height Sliders - As many have said, they would have to go back and re-animate everything.Plus clothing would all have to be entirely redone. I used the mod version of this for a couple of hours, the clothing all looked so blooming stupid I couldn't deal with it. Just no.

Horses - Again , I just don't see the point. It would take a lot of work to animate and most players would probably ride them twice before getting bored and moving on. I was super hyped for cats & dogs. But they are so needy I rarely ever play with them now despite my deep adoration of my own 3 puppers and my kitty. Who bathes their dog every other day, seriously it's too annoying to be bothered with.

Farming We just got a massive more realistic overhaul of gardening which is the bulk of farm work. Would being able to feed chickens or milk a cow really add that much? I play farms a lot now since seasons and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of making a living from it now, I just don't see what a couple of cows and chickens would add.

Disabilities - As someone who has no choice but to deal with them IRL, I REALLY don't want it in my game. I also don't think it's possible at all to implement them without someone feeling misrepresented, not represented, mocked, or insulted no matter how sensitive or careful they try to be. I can also predict a giant crop of insensitive and downright horrible and insulting videos that would appear on YouTube and Twitch, because people are awful.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Cars, religion in game, disabilities in game, liberated babies, laundry, horses, zombies.

I get that other people want them, and I'd like to see some tasteful version of them all for other simmer's sakes, but I really don't desire or long for any of them. A few of them, I'd even sacrifice other content not to have in my game. Meaning I would not purchase a pack that contained those items even if it meant losing something I really want.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm not even remotely interested in werewolves. I also see no need for pre-teens or cars.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    Cars - To me these are just going to be glorified loading screens, I really don't see the point.

New Life Stages - As some one else said pre-teen is 3 years at the most and is covered in the child and teen stages, it offers no new game play whatsoever.

Babies - As a mother, I can tell you that Sims 4 babies do what most newborns do. Lay on their backs pooping and screaming to have their needs met, briefly they may cuddle a bit before falling asleep and starting the cycle over again. I'm fine with skipping crawling because in reality this stage lasts a few weeks tops before they learn to pull themselves up and walk it's not a long stage IRL so I don't greatly miss it in game at all.

Height Sliders - As many have said, they would have to go back and re-animate everything.Plus clothing would all have to be entirely redone. I used the mod version of this for a couple of hours, the clothing all looked so blooming stupid I couldn't deal with it. Just no.

Horses - Again , I just don't see the point. It would take a lot of work to animate and most players would probably ride them twice before getting bored and moving on. I was super hyped for cats & dogs. But they are so needy I rarely ever play with them now despite my deep adoration of my own 3 puppers and my kitty. Who bathes their dog every other day, seriously it's too annoying to be bothered with.

Farming We just got a massive more realistic overhaul of gardening which is the bulk of farm work. Would being able to feed chickens or milk a cow really add that much? I play farms a lot now since seasons and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of making a living from it now, I just don't see what a couple of cows and chickens would add.

Disabilities - As someone who has no choice but to deal with them IRL, I REALLY don't want it in my game. I also don't think it's possible at all to implement them without someone feeling misrepresented, not represented, mocked, or insulted no matter how sensitive or careful they try to be. I can also predict a giant crop of insensitive and downright horrible and insulting videos that would appear on YouTube and Twitch, because people are awful.

I think disabilities would be better in a future base game, so they have time to think them them through thoroughly and can design the game accordingly and in a way that doesn't insult the disabled. I wouldn't mind canes added as we've had in the past for elders but also the mobility impaired.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    1) 5) Seasonal content that is only available for a brief time. Ts4 is, by far, not my favorite iteration of the franchise and I play it only intermittently, so this new content is usually unavailable by the time I hear about it. It is highly irritating to have content provided and then yanked away at somebody else's whim for a paid game.

If you are thinking about challenges, I'm totally with you. I don't see the point of having to play a particular feature/storyline when EA wants it and then have it no longer available when I have time to explore this new feature.

• Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    There are not a lot of things that I absolutely don't want, most of those things are just not very high on my wishlist, and I don't really need them in my game. Of course they are very subjective because everyone likes to play the Sims in a different way.

1. Witches and other supernaturals
    I tried to get into vampires and aliens, but I never really did and I always get back to my human sims. I don't know, there could be some interesting story lines that I might play out in the future, but it's just not really my thing. That means I really don't need any more supernatural creatures added into my game. (And I would really like if they would add that we can turn certain creatures on and off in our games because sometimes I really like to play in a more realistic world and those random vampires serving me in the restaurants kind of breaks the immersion a little bit :smiley: )

2. Cars
    Basically for the same reason other people don't need them. Because we don't have the open world, I'm not crazy about them. Of course they would add a little bit of realism, but there are things that I want more.

3. Horses
    Also because of the lack of an open world. You wouldn't really be able to freely ride these horses because the neighborhoods are quite tiny and I just don't see many of my households owning a horse.

4. Farming
    It would be a neat addition but I also don't see myself using it that much. Many of my households are occupied with their jobs and other things already, and most of them don't even have the time to garden. Many of them live on smaller lots too. Of course I would love to explore the feature with a dedicated household but it's just a little bit too specific to be high on my wishlist right now.

I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I also have no interest in Story Progression in an official capacity. I know MCCC already offers it for those that like it and use mods. If it ever did become a feature, I hope and pray it comes with a toggle to turn it off.

@Karababy52 YES...so much this. I really like some kind of story progression, personally, but Sims 3 did such a horrible job of it imo...I can't really support any broad game impacting feature like this without a toggle. Toggles are good. Even better, a whole custom settings page where you can tweak individual components of "story progression" like what we got with NRAAS in TS3 and MCCC in TS4. Really, see no point in the devs adding it, considering modders seem to do it so well.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • hiphipreneehiphiprenee Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm not really interested in sims that are non-human. Witches, fairies, etc.

That being said-- I did purchase the Vampire pack anyway because the items that came with it were just too good to pass up. So if we did get any of these types of packs-- I would likely purchase them just for the items.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There was already things added that I did not want via free updates. I found a mod that got rid of a specific life stage. I also found a mod that only allows for flirting with the opposite gender. That was my way to fix the problems. I do not see a need for cars, pre-teen, or changing the babies. I am sure mods will fix if they change those though.

When I purchase some DLC, I only do if I like CAS or build items. Then I only pay what I see it worth, so I wait for sales.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I don't really care for supernaturals (I didn't buy vampires, wish we could turn aliens off). I'd totally do ONE save with supernaturals, but I would want them to be turned off elsewhere. Without toggles... nope.

I don't care for university and vacations and generally things that require you to leave your home lot (I suppose that I just don't like leaving the rest of my Sims to fend for themselves for so long). Wouldn't mind a beach world with usable beaches as long as my Sims don't have to take a vacation to go there.

Don't care about famous Sims (oops... too late)
    Pre-teens... Meh. That's what children are for. Give us more stuff to do with teens instead
    Body hair... just no...

Story progression I do want, but only if it can be turned off.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Enhanced babies

Preteens: Just make the teens shorter so I stop clicking on them thinking I can flirt with them.

Body hair: Gross. It only slows you down.

Ocean swimming: Because I doubt it'll happen

Vacation worlds

Disabilities
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    [b]Cars:[/b] No point.

[b]Open World:[/b] Not possible, but I’ll be disappointed if this isn’t included or some sort of hybrid type transition between locations isn’t attempted for the next Gen Sims game.

[b]Pre-teens:[/b] I don’t think we need an entirely new life state for this.

[b] Horses: [/b] BB is already overrun with sick strays, do we really want a bunch of sick and neglected horses clomping through our venues?

[b]Disabilities: [/b] Have you seen they kinds of monstrosities the game generates just with clothing and the CAS sliders?! I don’t trust the game to be able to be able to assign these in any sensible, or respectful, fashion. It would also require a ton of new animations and code to do properly.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    University. I've got zero interest, but it is so highly sought after. Let's just call a truce opposing opinions. You can have University if I can have Witches. :joy:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Witches, werewolves etc...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Cars seem useless to me, even though we have simulated traffic.

As long as we aren't bashing other people for wanting things we don't (or throwing temper tantrums when something we don't care for is implemented), it's not a bad thing that people want different things for the game.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I don't play occults, and I really don't understand the hype around them. To each their own though :D
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Witches , mermaids, fairies , the occult actually any life state that is not human. Also magic and dragons , preteens , tweens or any other age group. And I don't want any dissabled sims either.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I could make a long list of things some people are interested in that I really don't want (most of them already mentioned in the thread) and an equally long list of things that I really do want....but in the end, it's all about how the dev team implements any of them.

Sims games have introduced things which I thought I didn't want in a way that made me end up really enjoying them....and by contrast have given me things I did want but in a way that I wish they really wouldn't have bothered at all. At this point, I'm sort of in the camp of "I don't really care that much what is added, as long as they do it well."

This is a really good point, actually. I might not want, say, cars right now (well, not particularly), but I also didn't want Vampires, and we ended up with Vampires I really enjoy. I'm prepared to have my mind changed by good results.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I could make a long list of things some people are interested in that I really don't want (most of them already mentioned in the thread) and an equally long list of things that I really do want....but in the end, it's all about how the dev team implements any of them.

Sims games have introduced things which I thought I didn't want in a way that made me end up really enjoying them....and by contrast have given me things I did want but in a way that I wish they really wouldn't have bothered at all. At this point, I'm sort of in the camp of "I don't really care that much what is added, as long as they do it well."

This is a really good point, actually. I might not want, say, cars right now (well, not particularly), but I also didn't want Vampires, and we ended up with Vampires I really enjoy. I'm prepared to have my mind changed by good results.

I didn't want celebrities but ended up liking the way they implemented it vs TS3 (same with vampires, actually). So this is a really great point.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited January 2019
    Cars. Unless they're fully driveable (like, say, a road trip to Granite Falls) and fully customizable (tinkering them in various ways) and if they offer dozens of different types, I might be excited about it. Otherwise, nah.

CAST. Just makes build/buy mode last 10x longer and it already lasts forever so no thanks. I can create beautiful rooms just as is.

Supernaturals. Never was into the whole magic aspect of this franchise...

I think disabilities would be better in a future base game, so they have time to think them them through thoroughly and can design the game accordingly and in a way that doesn't insult the disabled. I wouldn't mind canes added as we've had in the past for elders but also the mobility impaired.

I absolutely do not want them as part of a base game especially! No no no. I am stuck living with mine in my real life and the fact that I don't have to deal with them in my game is what makes it such a joyous refuge for me. I really don't want my game to become so realistic that all sense of escapism is gone. I cannot adequately express in this format how extremely upsetting I find this. I get physically sick just thinking about it.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2019
    ^But just because they were in the game wouldn't mean you have to use them would it? (Not saying I want them, I don't care either way, I'm more just curious as I haven't played too long. Couldn't you just avoid them even if they were in the base game? Like create sims without them? )
    ^But just because they were in the game wouldn't mean you have to use them would it? (Not saying I want them, I don't care either way, I'm more just curious as I haven't played too long. Couldn't you just avoid them even if they were in the base game? Like create sims without them? )

You mean like avoiding vampires now (which I don't mind but others do) or aliens when they were first implemented, or famous people now that get famous is out? No. If it's in a pack then I don't have to have it in my game at all. I'm sorry I just feel very strongly about this. It's very upsetting to me. Disability has eaten up my entire life. My Sims game is the one place I have where it doesn't exist at all.