Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 27 now and I was about 9 when I started playing the sims :D

Needless to say I am a die hard fan, and this is my favorite game series. Other games have come and gone, but I will always play sims.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 32 and been playing the Sims since the day TS1 came out :)
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my 30's, I've been playing the Sims franchise since I was about 13. I was very active in the Sims 2 community, and I found so much diversity in Simmers, from ages, genders, social backgrounds, and we all had one thing in common, our love for Sims. I'm playing Sims 4 because my daughter enjoys playing it, she's 9. I see the same wonder and joy in her gaming time as I did when I first played Sims back when I was young.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started with Sims 2 right after I got married, it was around the time seasons was released if I recall.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    So sorry for the delay, temporarily locked the thead to clean it up and forgot to unlock it until now. The threads open again but I must stress this:
    EA_Lanna: Simmers, we encourage safe posting and ask that you please practice this. Please do not specify your exact age in comments if you are a minor. These comments will be removed per our rules.

• New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited January 2019
    60+
    Suffice it to say I have my state pension and free bus pass... started with Sims 1, stopped then got back into it at Sims 3 stage. Loving Sims 4 although I do have a few choice words to say about the devs when I encounter the several gameplay 'oddities' quite regularly... 'nuff said. Overall, they've done a good job so I shouldn't be too harsh on them...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    So sorry for the delay, temporarily locked the thead to clean it up and forgot to unlock it until now. The threads open again but I must stress this:
    EA_Lanna: Simmers, we encourage safe posting and ask that you please practice this. Please do not specify your exact age in comments if you are a minor. These comments will be removed per our rules.

I apologize for that. I didn't actually want people to say their exact ages and I didn't know there are young children on the forums, but I should've known better.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    60+
    Unlike most people, I started at an older age. My granddaughter was the one who actually introduced me to the Sims. Fell in love with the game and have been playing ever since.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I've been playing since a few months after The Sims came out. One of my kids had seen the game at a friends house, and we picked it up, and I was instantly hooked.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    38 and Sims 4 is my first Sims game ever. I first got it last year on ps4. This past Christmas my wonderful hubby gave me my first gaming pc and so I was fortunate to buy most of the packs including the game during the huge sale for $200. I can say that since I've started playing it on pc I haven't played it on my console lol
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Been playing the sims for 2 and a half years... since June 2016... I was a preteen back then.

I’m not stating my age since I’m still considered a minor..
    Oh hamburgers!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2019
    40-59 Years of Age
    never too old or shameful to play the sims! <3

(or barbie dolls)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    I just turned 30 and I started playing when I was 11 or 12 years old... Of course I've had a few long and many short breaks, but the Sims has always been a part of my life. :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2019
    40-59 Years of Age
    Yep started playing the Sims and many other games as an adult. Had to give up my bookworm status.
    - Why you kids have everything! I didn't even own a computer when I was young we had to trudge through the snow to play with an Atari at a friends house. Up hill, both ways!
    egTcBMc.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    60+
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Yep started playing the Sims and many other games as an adult. Had to give up my bookworm status.
    - Why you kids have everything! I didn't even own a computer when I was young we had to trudge through the snow to play with an Atari at a friends house uphill, both ways!

LOL I love that. My Dad used to tell us he had to walk in the snow, barefoot just to get to school. But, as an adult I recall that he lived in Kansas and they were a very poor family. Perhaps, he wasn't just teasing … :O
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Yeah I grew up in Florida and Texas @GalacticGal... but we did have to go to a friends house to play. Couldn't afford those newfangled
    thing-a-ma-bobs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    60+
    I didn't have an Atari until after I got married! In fact, I believe we already had our first two children!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    - Why you kids have everything! I didn't even own a computer when I was young we had to trudge through the snow to play with an Atari at a friends house. Up hill, both ways!
    Ah yes the Atari, good times! One of my favorite games is showing my daughter old electronics, and see if she knows what they did. The 8 track player really confused her :D

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Yay!!! Hello fellow 20-39s! I'll just say that I'm somewhere between 20-29. I've been playing since Sims 1. My friend had it at her house and that's how I got hooked. She also got Sims 2 before I did, which was even more addicting. Even after I got it I still played at her house. Our family desktop would crash halfway through TS2 opening song pretty often so it was nice to play on her no-lag game. 😊

I'm so glad there are so many people my age and older who play! It's truly a universal game. I was self conscious about playing it still because I thought it was a "kid's game" (since that is what I was when I first started playing), and so did my mom...until she found out her thirty something coworker also loved the Sims and I was in the clear 😎 haha guess she didn't realize it wasn't just a kid's game either.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    So I always thought a game like The Sims would only appeal to people in their teens and twenties, but boy, was I proved wrong! I know a lot of people started playing this series since it came out nearly twenty years ago and would thus be much older now. I'd like to see just how many older people play this game. I'm in my early twenties and started playing at about 12, BTW.

I started playing in 2005.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing when The Sims first came out! So I've been with the Sims since the beginning!
  • staceylveestaceylvee Posts: 1 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I've been playing the Sims, since the original sims was released.
    Just purchased a new computer at Christmas to play The Sims 4 better.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Started playing since S1 was released. On my friend's computer. I would play for hours when my friend had gone to sleep already. She probably regretted introducing me to the game. :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 29 going on 30 in September, I've been playing the sims since 1999 when I was a small child and grew up still for a strong passion for the game since it is one of my most favorite and beloved video game series of all time.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    When I was in my very late 30s, we bought The Sims 1 for my oldest daughter's birthday in 2000 after she begged us to get it for her. I was watching her play it later that day and she asked if I wanted to try it. I did, and have been completely hooked and in love with this game ever since. <3