The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
So I always thought a game like The Sims would only appeal to people in their teens and twenties, but boy, was I proved wrong! I know a lot of people started playing this series since it came out nearly twenty years ago and would thus be much older now. I'd like to see just how many older people play this game. I'm in my early twenties and started playing at about 12, BTW.

EA_Lanna: Simmers, we encourage safe posting and ask that you please practice this. Please do not specify your exact age in comments if you are a minor. These comments will be removed per our rules.
phULnBI.png
Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
Origin ID: divanthesimmer
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there? 1308 votes

13-19 Years of Age
10%
Bagoas77greydonnHimRumiRosybearwiredhanna67rambahadoerNinja-Dan22TomaTerimariajane216CogshellSummerStreakOnverserImagamerkitty12jennihopeWulfsimmerxxnearlyperfectxKellyWhovianfroggiiqqniallsbrowniessimtorious 137 votes
20-39 Years of Age
62%
Akl500Pauroraael14SimCrazyvancanuckfan86OneAdorkableGirlStace1234566icmnfrshMightySparksPoekie03JeanAzarinop2GRIMMYJaiSeaBreeSashaBluefairy286Kita5399Mstybl95BarnacleBoyGoth583Icewolf 818 votes
40-59 Years of Age
20%
crocobaurahoneypooh1267catmom1987tams2578Nh6650brackencat31pisceschick75winkeljohn78jasasimsSandySimSimplyRedjenpow01LaBlue0314kgottwaldPinkPaws66jeepjeepcatbandit5IceyJSimmervillealtad1 273 votes
60+
6%
ehaught58BluegayleEvalenbshag4lvgrnblzGalacticGallori171957Jaline33grevilliabluemamasquash999Bronwin2jujee55TwilightDebrudolphahaloujabekiMylitasuetoopapplefeather2Writin_Reg 80 votes

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    simwolf wrote: »
    I'm very nearly 40, but I have played since the release of The Sims in 2000 (former SimCity player) and have owned and played each of the subsequent iterations. Occasionally I've had breaks of 6-12mths here and there, but mostly I've played The Sims consistently for the last 19 years. I also dabbled in a few other simulation games early on in that time - Black & White was a favourite! :) Simming is not a pastime, its a lifestyle :D

I agree on that last line! :p
    phULnBI.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I turn 40 later this year though.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 23, and I started playing the Sims 1 shortly after it came out, that means when I was about 6 years old. I'm playing the Sims on and off ever since!
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    I am approaching my late twenties and have been playing since TS2 was released. It makes me feel better to know I’m not too old to play.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2019
    40-59 Years of Age
    I was in my 20's when Sims 1 launched. Played Sim Farm and Sim Tower as a teen. Played the original The Sims until 2015, when it no longer would install because of Windows 10. Only got Sims 4 to replace it. My children were introduced to the first iteration.
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Don't think we're supposed to share our actual age here, but I'm in my early 20's - I've been playing for as long as I can remember (thanks to having older cousins who played). :smiley:
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Played since March of 2000, needed something to do after an injury from slipping on ice
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing when I was 10 years old (I'm 23 now). My very first game was 'The Sims Deluxe Edition'. I got it for Christmas... and I remember playing it all day when I opened it! :smiley: Of course, being 10 years old, I didn't fully understand a lot of the content in the game... but I still always had a lot of fun playing it! :smile:
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I’m 20, been playing the sims since middle school.

Really helps when I going though not so good times, so I appreciate this franchise for that lol
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    My aunt introduced me to the game as a kid. She was just a teen back then and loved playing it - that was The Sims (1). Then once I created my Sims, moved them into a house and started playing, I was hooked for life! I then bought all the console versions of the Sims 2, since I didn't have a PC back then. I then got a notebook and played The Sims 3, but all the expansions I bought broke my notebook (it couldn't handle games and I didn't know it) so I didn't play as much as I'd like to. Then I started playing The Sims 3 on console, but The Sims 2 versions were way better IMO. Now, I have a laptop that can handle The Sims 4 and all the previous games - I have every expansion, game and stuff pack from the first game to the last. This game also inspired me to start a career in architecture. I'll be a Simmer forever!
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm in my lower 40's and have been playing sims since 2000. Nearly half my life, I have played sims.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I've played since the Sims 1, but took long breaks between for shortage of money to buy the games and expansions. Just turned 32.
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Old enough to remember TS1.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I've been playing since I was in middle school back in the 2000s. I've been in love with the franchise ever since.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 21. I've been playing Sims since I was 13.
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    I’ve played since Sims 2 first came out and I never played Sims 1 before that. I did play after discovering Sims 2 since my cousin introduced me to the game! It made me nostalgic because I even remember the first family I made, who had twins and I played with no cheats on (since I did not know it existed for awhile). Those twins got taken by a social worker because I was such a bad simmer, good times so that’s a fun fact.
  • ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I’m about to be 20 I been playing the sims since sims 3 came out !
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Feels wild to have nearly two decades of playing under my belt. Yeesh. I recall playing the sims when I was younger and thinking "wow, I'm so obsessed with this game! I wonder when I'll grow out of this??" and here I am at 25, not obsessed like before, but still a big fan.... I remember all the other games I played as much as Sims back in the day... Maplestory, Neopets, and a ton of others on different consoles. I still remember being like 6 years old at my best friend's house and her mom would make us take "eye breaks" from the computer and make sure we were drinking a ton of water.... Still have those habits today thankfully! Otherwise major migraine trigger.
    edited January 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    gemjas wrote: »
    Honestly, this thread makes me feel better about still playing the Sims, lol. I started with the Sims 2 several years ago and never really stopped. But I have severe anxiety and can't help but care, to an unhealthy degree, what people think of me. So, when someone asks what I like to do for fun, I freeze and am like "fun???? I uh... pay taxes. Like an adult. No, I don't play a silly computer game for hours. Don't be ridiculous."

I honestly did not know that the Sims community was so diverse in age, though. That's actually really interesting.

I can totally relate to this. I'm embarrassed to say that I play video games so much, but I love it too much to ever stop. So, I'll just do it secretly and hope I meet fellow Simmers, who won't judge me. But hey, there are lots of older Simmers on the forums who proved me that age truly is just a number! :)
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    20-39 Years of Age
    mika wrote: »
    I'm 21. I've been playing Sims since I was 13.

This is pretty much me. :p
    phULnBI.png