Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we want to see in 2019

Comments

• NicolesSimsNicolesSims Posts: 43 Member
    I would love a create a world tool. Probably won’t happen though.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I agree with most on here. I haven't played sims in months and want to get excited to play again with a pack I've been waiting for. Romance pack, farm park, university, witches, island vacation, and CARS. And for dreaming big- revamp of infants! Any of these would get me on origin again. I haven't been excited about a pack since seasons :(
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Why aren't you excited to play the game though? Is it just missing something so much that you don't enjoy it?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My wishes are:
    University
    Preteens
    Preschoolers
    Kids and Preteens can have a crush
    More after school clubs
    Storytime for Toddlers at the Library
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    My list could go on forever but my top 6 would be:

-University EP
    -Hobbies
    -Island Paradise (beach vacation, ownable resorts, maybe even a cruise ship)
    -multi venue lots (why don't we have this already?!!)
    -Wedding SP
    -more jobs
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd like to see a new world where each side of a street has 40x30 lots and one massive 64x64 at the end.

Also, as someone pointed out; cars. Most of the time, I'm tired of building houses and having to decide what to put in the garage. I either put an indoor swimming pool, a gym, an art room, an activity room or a huge bedroom.
    2quwd7.gif

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    University. Nothing about any of the packs has excited me I have so far since Get To Work, even though I bought them thinking I would like them.
  • ShakuShakuShakuShaku Posts: 2 New Member
    Here's a few features I would like to see for a university EP:

1. Different types of universities with unique personalities, fees, prestige, campus design/layout and traditions for each one e.g. Ivy League, Liberal Arts, HBCU, Community College etc. But each university has different entry requirements (skills/high schools grades/job experience), for example the Ivy league college would require higher grades and skills than the community college. The application system can be set up like the enrolment system in TS3, where higher skills would give you more credits.

2. The different universities would have their own specific post-graduation benefits (career starting level/increased salary/skill points/traits/clothing/ club membership, even unique careers only accessible by graduating from that university), like how boarding schools in TS3 did. So the Ivy League could give you a boost in the medical, business and politics careers. The Liberal arts college would give you a boost in the more creative careers.

3. More fraternities and sororities (instead of one per university) each with their unique characteristics which could be linked to different social groups, like jocks, nerds, preppy, creatives, rebels or just a mixed house. This could then affect different factors such as parties, decor, looks/traits of members, perks, easiness of being able to pledge (could be linked to ranking system like TS2). If creating your fraternity or sorority then the characteristic of the greek house should be able to be selected in the creation process.

4. Events like homecoming and graduation should be similar to the festivals that occur in San Myshuno.

5. The semesters and years should revert back to the style it was in TS2, it felt more authentic.

6. A wider selection of majors like in TS2, as well as the creation of more careers e.g. legal, education, architecture.

7. Student societies to be able to partake in e.g. radio/tv, theatre, music, student newspaper, comedy, sports teams (this can even be linked to a sports scholarship and the chance to go professional and drop out during your studies). Bring back cheerleaders and mascots.

8. Legacy students- If your parents went to a specific university you can easy admission/ a scholarship to that university. If your child doesn't attend the university that you attend, you can get a negative moodlet.

9. Create a university option

10. Random events/opportunities which can affect your social life or academics.

11. Different party types

12. Different locations- The community college should be based in the home city, so you can live at home and still work whilst doing evening classes. Where as the other universities should be in a separate world where you have to travel to. This would allow for more in depth campus design.

13. As well as the greek houses having different personalities so should the halls e.g. expensive nicer looking halls or really cheap ones with poorer facilities but they always host great parties.

14. In the future if there is a there is a holiday EP, you should be able to go on Spring Break.

15. You should be able to choose whether once you graduate if you; moved back with your parents, by yourself or with friends with university.

16. You should be able to send other neighbourhood sims to university without having to play as them.

17. In the main world outside university there should be a slight increase in friendship, if you meet a sim that went to the same university as you.

18. New CAS outfits specific to the university. If you wear when you have graduated, you a positive moodlet.

19. Part-time jobs for students.
  • CarlosMMsousaCarlosMMsousa Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Gordy said:
    > * Witches and other (permanent) occult life states, as in-depth as the vampires were. I can't stress this enough; immersive real life stuff is cool and all, but we barely have anything occult-y in Sims 4 after four years.
    > * Also, better guy underwear and body hair.
    > * I don't care all that much about university, to be honest. I could take it or leave it. But i'd like some exploration of the education system. Like letting us go to school with our kids, adding more after-school activities, and making sims' school lives more prevalent.
    > * More pets. I'm sick of cats and dogs. Hamsters, fish, and birds are just objects. So what about dragons again? Or reptiles, because I'd really love to take an iguana for a walk.
    >
    > Busufu wrote: »
    >
    > I want to see Horses.
    >
    >
    >
    > And I want seahorses.

I would like to see body hair, possibility of read all cell text message, put a lot of types of frames on Sim paintings, fitness bike exercise stationary, werewolves, wizards and witches, kings and queens regalia like crowns, bunk beds, hear radio normaly when the time is passing fast, Clothes and objects more and well detailed with no pixels;
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    My top five things I want to see in 2019 include the following:

1. University
    2. Island Paradise
    3. Romance (including slow dancing)
    4. Tag (from TS3)
    5. More basic interactions among the sims
  • AnnaleaseAnnalease Posts: 4 New Member
    I want the chemistry system back!

Love and relationships is such a huge part of any Sims game I feel like we should get a whole pack dedicated to it which will renew the chemistry system, turn on\offs + a few changes to weddings wouldn't hurt, like new dresses\suits, decorations,bridesmaids\groomsman... , more romantic interactions etc...

Oh and a University EP would be great as well.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more drama in sims 4 like robbers and meteors falling from the sky being able to confess to cheating a sim getting midlife crisis teens getting arrested for doing things they shouldn't more things for teens to get in trouble for
    more in depth pregnancy in sims 4 like cravings back pain being able to have a baby shower mood swings
    more events like sleep overs and funerals and more romance options and dragons and autonomous proposals that you can say yes or no to
    and love letters
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CrypticSkunkCrypticSkunk Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd really like to see more diverse sims. What we have is great and i'm loving it. But i'd like to have sims that have prosthetics. It could work in conjuntion with work hard, and be a fun customization addition. it's a pipe dream, but something i think would honestly add a lot to the game.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2019
    evamadel wrote: »
    There is just one thing I really need. NECTAR! I always played a nectar making sim in sims 3 and I can’t enjoy sims 4 thoroughly without it:(

I would be willing to pay to get it back. Absolutely loved it.

Loved to make it, store it and try to use strategies to get the most bucks out of my produce. Begging EA on my knees! I know it’s not only I who’s dying to have it.

A Farming Expansion would be perfect for nectar making.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    - Island Paradise EP
    - A major update that adds depth to sims' personalities, like favourites, likes/dislikes, fears etc
    - A major update (can be via a pack) that fleshes out more detailed relationships (friendships, romantic, enemies etc); turn-ons/offs in a romantic GP
    - Funerals and graveyards. Come on.

Most of the things I want for the game have to do with the sims themselves and can thus be patched in. The only pack I am thirsting for, is Island Paradise. Pleeease :bawling:
  • saralaiyahsaralaiyah Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd really really like to see something like interests, like there was in ts2. Or at the very least, more interesting whims that are closer aligned to the "personality" we choose.

I'd like some kind of indication of whether my sims actually *like* certain activities or not. For example, in ts2 if you tell your sim to do something that contradicts their personality they may look into the camera and groan in protest. And if you told them to do something they like, they would show you how excited they were to do it. I'd love to have that back to give my sims some more personality!
  • Nori_shereNori_shere Posts: 1 New Member
    This has been an idea of mine for so long!
    Being able to play online with your friends that also have sims 4! So we can play with our friends connected online. I thought that would be awesome.

Also I’d like to see, more real life stuff. Like more real life issues and stress. High school. Cars. More jobs. More life stages. Be able to go to jail. Or prison. Kill sims and if you get caught you get in trouble. Smoking. Drinking. More real life stuff!!!
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I want more ages or height options because mainly because I hate having two only three heights toddler, child and adult. The jump from an 8 year old looking Sim to an 18 year old sim is just too much.

If teens were given their own heights and maybe young adults too (or at least made to look younger) I wouldn’t be asking for this but I’m tired of all my teen and older sims looking the same...

I’d love a either a university pack or private school pack where we could send children, pre-teens (tweens) and teens... I’d like it a bit like Sims 2 university where we could send a sim to school play with them and then play towns while the university Sims stay in university.

I’d also love a witch life state and superhero life state (and I want them to get their powers young because I want child versions of Deku and Kacchan in my game)

I also want a bulge slider for my male sims... If we can give women huge plum then I want my male sims to have huge bulges...

I’d like things for my elder sims to do too.

High School Academia nice
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    ShakuShaku wrote: »
    Here's a few features I would like to see for a university EP:

1. Different types of universities with unique personalities, fees, prestige, campus design/layout and traditions for each one e.g. Ivy League, Liberal Arts, HBCU, Community College etc. But each university has different entry requirements (skills/high schools grades/job experience), for example the Ivy league college would require higher grades and skills than the community college. The application system can be set up like the enrolment system in TS3, where higher skills would give you more credits.

2. The different universities would have their own specific post-graduation benefits (career starting level/increased salary/skill points/traits/clothing/ club membership, even unique careers only accessible by graduating from that university), like how boarding schools in TS3 did. So the Ivy League could give you a boost in the medical, business and politics careers. The Liberal arts college would give you a boost in the more creative careers.

3. More fraternities and sororities (instead of one per university) each with their unique characteristics which could be linked to different social groups, like jocks, nerds, preppy, creatives, rebels or just a mixed house. This could then affect different factors such as parties, decor, looks/traits of members, perks, easiness of being able to pledge (could be linked to ranking system like TS2). If creating your fraternity or sorority then the characteristic of the greek house should be able to be selected in the creation process.

4. Events like homecoming and graduation should be similar to the festivals that occur in San Myshuno.

5. The semesters and years should revert back to the style it was in TS2, it felt more authentic.

6. A wider selection of majors like in TS2, as well as the creation of more careers e.g. legal, education, architecture.

7. Student societies to be able to partake in e.g. radio/tv, theatre, music, student newspaper, comedy, sports teams (this can even be linked to a sports scholarship and the chance to go professional and drop out during your studies). Bring back cheerleaders and mascots.

8. Legacy students- If your parents went to a specific university you can easy admission/ a scholarship to that university. If your child doesn't attend the university that you attend, you can get a negative moodlet.

9. Create a university option

10. Random events/opportunities which can affect your social life or academics.

11. Different party types

12. Different locations- The community college should be based in the home city, so you can live at home and still work whilst doing evening classes. Where as the other universities should be in a separate world where you have to travel to. This would allow for more in depth campus design.

13. As well as the greek houses having different personalities so should the halls e.g. expensive nicer looking halls or really cheap ones with poorer facilities but they always host great parties.

14. In the future if there is a there is a holiday EP, you should be able to go on Spring Break.

15. You should be able to choose whether once you graduate if you; moved back with your parents, by yourself or with friends with university.

16. You should be able to send other neighbourhood sims to university without having to play as them.

17. In the main world outside university there should be a slight increase in friendship, if you meet a sim that went to the same university as you.

18. New CAS outfits specific to the university. If you wear when you have graduated, you a positive moodlet.

19. Part-time jobs for students.

This is awesome
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    evamadel wrote: »
    There is just one thing I really need. NECTAR! I always played a nectar making sim in sims 3 and I can’t enjoy sims 4 thoroughly without it:(

I would be willing to pay to get it back. Absolutely loved it.

Loved to make it, store it and try to use strategies to get the most bucks out of my produce. Begging EA on my knees! I know it’s not only I who’s dying to have it.

A Farming Expansion would be perfect for nectar making.

I want to farm soo bad. TS3 has so many issues, I've never gotten the farm to work.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    meteors falling from the sky

Yes please! Natural disasters in general would be awesome. It would be very useful for the tragic and catastrophic parts of story telling.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    meteors falling from the sky

Yes please! Natural disasters in general would be awesome. It would be very useful for the tragic and catastrophic parts of story telling.

yes that would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    My unrealistic wishlist is:

- Overhaul of whims so they are more personalised to the sim and actually mean something so you don’t just ignore them!
    - Overhaul of the emotion system so it’s not so superficial
    - A lot more traits that are more meaningful and have more impact on sims
    - An extra trait slot for adults...
    - More aspirations
    - Add a lot more individuality to sims i.e likes and dislikes, hobbies, fears and flaws
    - Overhaul of the romance system, turn ons / turn offs, unrequited love, crushes, romantic reputation, consequences if caught cheating etc...
    - Witches (with the ability to be good, bad or neutral)
    - University
    - Go to school with kids and teens
    - Farming (with horses)
    - A beach vacation pack with ocean swimming and mermaids
    - Off the grid

I’m sure there are more but that’s enough to be getting on with!
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    reeevaaaamp those pools 1.with a pool party Event. 2.lounge chairs 3.toodlers & and babies with floaties so they can swim in the pool. 4. pool games like marco polo or the wrestling game with four people 5. swimming competitions and teach other sims how to swim 6. Maybe a swimming skill, so the sims have some differente swimming animations 7. and sims with lvl ten of the swimming skill could teach other kids how to. 9.New Traits … hates the water… natural swimmer… 10. life guard as a new career
    So... basically a Water Fun Gameplay Pack with a new Venue Type (where your sims could watch those swimming competitons, practice and have some fun new objects to play in the water and a pool slide)
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    i really want Uinversity. Back in S2 it was my favourite lifestage!
    Would love to see how they do it in the S4.

I also would love an activity pack kinda like S2 Freetime, with activities like bands, different dance styles, after school activities (rabbit holes like throne we already got), more crafts and arts (knitting, clay tables..), sports (soccer!).
    Would be so great to combine with the club system of GT, like have a grannies knitting club or soccer team, that practices together. Ah, the possibilities!

And of course different stair styles. I am not the biggest fan of the stairs we already got.

Lastly, I want swimmable oceans and tanning back. don'T even need a new tropical world, as long as I get these features back. I loved swimming in the oceans and having my sims get their tan in the summer.

Other than that I am good for now.