Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of tutorials or how do I do that?

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• WayfaringButterflyWayfaringButterfly Posts: 7 New Member
    Thank you guys! Apparently I hadn't made it deep enough. I had followed the advice to lower it by two sets of stairs, but I guess that wasn't low enough. It's all good now! I really wish Sims would come up with L shaped, U shaped and T shaped stairs and basements/foundations that worked better with stairs. I probably should get Sims 4 but I really like 3 lol
  • Nel0Nel0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you so much, these are really helpful.
  • darkunicorn815darkunicorn815 Posts: 2 New Member
    Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not but im working on building a world and I want to build my equestrian center from scratch and I was just wondering if I did that if it would still be use able to breed sell and to the competitions and things is I just set the let type to equestrian center or do I need a mod or some special way of doing that?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    So I am trying to build my parent's house from the ground up...made a basement using the foundation as some had suggested that would be easier than trying to make stairs go through a foundation. I definitely wanted the foundation, though, for looks since their house has a stone foundation and basement. The problem is that I can't put stairs in from the foundation/basement up to the main floor. It simply says "Can't level terrain". I have leveled the terrain following the advice of many different youtube videos and threads, to no avail.

I am unsure why I can't do this. One thing that might affect that is that I created (through much pain and sorrow) upside down T shaped stairs going from the main floor to the second floor. Basically L shaped stairs that have a short staircase on either side before going up the long staircase to the second floor. Although I leveled everything after creating those, I have a feeling that affected my ability to place stairs from the basement to the main floor. With that said, I CAN place an elevator and a wall in the basement, so it is not a height thing. I am willing to tear down all the walls of my house (it is just a shell) and to do whatever it takes to make this work, EXCEPT rebuild those T shaped stairs. That took me all day to do and I'm not about to try again lol.

I have pictures but I'm too new here so I can't post them. Can anybody help me? Game is patched to the latest and I have Ambitions, Night Life and Pets installed.

I did a video tutorial on placing stairs inside a basement. The problem is with the ceiling levels dipping down above the stairs. I cant post a link here but there is a link to my channel in my signature if you want to watch the tutorial.
    I just added a new tutorial to YouTube. It is about building a multi level house into the side of a steep hill.

https://youtu.be/t_KU70FCUGg

I think the title says it all - but you get to see how to get the terrain snugly around the walls, how to place steps from various levels to the terrain outside, and you'll see my tester sim testing the stairs and a few other things.

Happy Simming

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    Thinking about dipping my toes into building a world, but I cannot use the official download page for the Create a World tool. I agreed to the terms and conditions, clicked "Download" and ended up just getting a blank popup.

Where else to find it--the only other places I see are the bootleg download sites which are a: illegal b: virus-ridden.

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
  • debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Thinking about dipping my toes into building a world, but I cannot use the official download page for the Create a World tool. I agreed to the terms and conditions, clicked "Download" and ended up just getting a blank popup.

Where else to find it--the only other places I see are the bootleg download sites which are a: illegal b: virus-ridden.

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

That site worked just fine for me a few minutes ago. Make sure you are logged in, click the box that says you have read and accept the EA Online Terms & Conditions, then click the box of the version you have and a pop-up will appear for you to download ts3caw.exe for version 1.69 or worldtool.exe for version 1.67.

Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not but im working on building a world and I want to build my equestrian center from scratch and I was just wondering if I did that if it would still be use able to breed sell and to the competitions and things is I just set the let type to equestrian center or do I need a mod or some special way of doing that?

You would need the rabbit hole rug or door for it to work. http://modthesims.info/t/592314
    I'm redoing my earlier tutorial on how to add stairs to a basement through an existing foundation.

The totorial that's been up for a while is now marked to private as it wasn't totally clear in places and it got a copyright mark against it (not affecting the channel but the copyright owner to default music that was audible in places could put advertisements on it) so I'm doing it all again.

I was going to just remove the music but, when I started watching the tutorial, I discovered it wasn't totally clear to me what was going on in it so I decided to do it all again.

I did try to remove the music using the tool provided by YouTube but it removed the entire sound track so none of my narration was left and it got replaced by really loud music that wasn't at all informative on how to do anything.

I'll let you know when the replacement tutorial is up.
    I have now completed redoing my earlier tutorial on how to put steps inside a foundation.

I discovered at some time it got a copyright claim on it as there was the music that plays in build mode audible in places. I had it turned right down so it was barely audible. I tried the tool YouTube provides to get rid of the music. It deleted all sound from the video. So the narration which is the bit we needed was gone too.

Then I thought I'd just take the original video and remove all of the sound that is from the game and re-upload it. But I watched it first and decided it was a pretty bad attempt at a video. I know I struggled with it when making it. So I did it again from scratch.

This new version is less than half the size of the original. I think it is easier to follow too. At least I hope it is.

Here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/FbtfU3G6-lw
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2020
    So many of the links in this thread no longer even work. I hope it gets updated and fixed
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    I was thinking of building a Showtime venue, and I recall there was a thread with advice and caveats about building one, butI cant locate it. Can anyone either remember where it wast or have some tips?
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    How to build a basements with windows and daylight:

https://nornities.tumblr.com/post/651812521289891840/a-basement-with-windows-1-first-build-a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top