Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walls help

12346...Next

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @Rflong7 to be honest I've done nothing XD
    I haven't felt very inspired and my beach feels too steep and I'm concerned my world feels too flat.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Can I see the world files?
    Don't worry about it being flat. It's learning for the next one and I like them flat because of lots and routing. Especially smaller worlds. :)
    @Rflong7 of course, just tell me how :)

I wasn't really planning another world, wanted to make a perfect one to play in. But I have been enjoying making it so who knows.

Me too, I don't think it is that flat but what I want is more natural looking raised areas where I'm not building neighborhoods or stuff like that.

I really need to work on it again XD
    You do need to work on it again. :mrgreen:
    Have you put a Sim in to play it? Get an idea where you'd like to raise/lower from their perspective.

Use a Zip program and Zip one the recent backup (it has the folder and world package files in one folder. Then you'll have to upload it- mediafire or whatever you like. Link me. :)
    I have had tester families. I must say you and the last of scenery have inspired me a lot and I'm planning to perfect what is bothering me and I've gotten some ideas for the other areas.
    HpYZvrt.jpg

Firstly I think I need to make the beach less steep but when I try the beach area becomes too large
    edited September 2018
    Okay, what I do with the beach is Slope the grass down to where the sand will be and then level the sand area (where the Sims will play - and then slope it gently into the water. If that helps. :)
    DdzR5jB.jpg
    This is a little deeper slope than I usually use. Just a gentle slope into the water and test.

*I don't think we need much to swim and play in the water, so check that to see how much lot you really need in the water. It might not need to be too large. :)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Okay, what I do with the beach is Slope the grass down to where the sand will be and then level the sand area (where the Sims will play - and then slope it gently into the water. If that helps. :)
    DdzR5jB.jpg
    This is a little deeper slope than I usually use. Just a gentle slope into the water and test.

*I don't think we need much to swim and play in the water, so check that to see how much lot you really need in the water. It might not need to be too large. :)

Oh wow thank you! I can't believe I didn't think about that XD It makes so much sense especially considering the area I based this on is a place in my city with that look between the beach and park area.
    @Rflong7

I need some help :( My chunk boundary line thingy turned red and it is only blue if I delete all the paint. I thought it only turns red when you have more than 8 paints. It was blue with the same paints in an older version of my world.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Nearly no paints, there was one small blotch left.
    YvRj9X2.jpg

A previous version.
    BTG1h63.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Hi :)

Click the 'Visualize Layer' box then go down the list of your paints. Each paint which is in the layer will turn the box black and the paint will show in shades of gray to white.
    Now, it only takes a touch of paint in that box to count as a layer. So, find which layers you want in there (8) and see which one is only a bit over the line and you don't need. You might not even see the bit of paint which has crept into that box but it is there.

Use the paint tool at the largest size and square with color set at 0 ~ to erase the layer of paint which isn't supposed to be there. You will know if all that one paint is gone when the chuck turns back to color (won't be black).

Removelayers.jpg
    Hi :)

Click the 'Visualize Layer' box then go down the list of your paints. Each paint which is in the layer will turn the box black and the paint will show in shades of gray to white.
    Now, it only takes a touch of paint in that box to count as a layer. So, find which layers you want in there (8) and see which one is only a bit over the line and you don't need. You might not even see the bit of paint which has crept into that box but it is there.

Use the paint tool at the largest size and square with color set at 0 ~ to erase the layer of paint which isn't supposed to be there. You will know if all that one paint is gone when the chuck turns back to color (won't be black).

Removelayers.jpg

Thank you, I'll try that. It happened right after I decorated the waterfalls. I'm too proud of it to go back to the version before.

What is strange to is I painted over everything with the grass paint and it turned blue then if I added one paint to that then clear later it turned red
    edited January 2019
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Thank you, I'll try that. It happened right after I decorated the waterfalls. I'm too proud of it to go back to the version before.

What is strange to is I painted over everything with the grass paint and it turned blue then if I added one paint to that then clear later it turned red

Adding paint over paint doesn't remove all the under paint. Without making sure all the paint is removed, bits can still be there. What you might have done is remove a layer but adding one more put it back over the suggested layers.

I also have a few chucks which are over the 8 layers. I don't always plan the best place for transition areas so there can be more than 8 but I usually keep it at 9 layers of paint and only a chunk or two per world. :)

** @06Bon06 -did you find the paint? :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Adding paint over paint doesn't remove all the under paint. Without making sure all the paint is removed, bits can still be there. What you might have done is remove a layer but adding one more put it back over the suggested layers.

I also have a few chucks which are over the 8 layers. I don't always plan the best place for transition areas so there can be more than 8 but I usually keep it at 9 layers of paint and only a chunk or two per world. :)

** @06Bon06 -did you find the paint? :)

See that's what I thought, but when I painted the waterfall area over in green after it turned red and it turned to blue I thought it erased the other paints.

Thank you, I'll have a look tomorrow. It must be some paint I don't want there since I try to count all the paints I'll use.
    edited January 2019
    @Rflong7 I give up on this :|

A whole chunk near the waterfall turned red today without me doing anything -_- It was blue yesterday.

The initial red chunk has 7 paints,and the waterfall has 6 paints. Is it at all possible that the paints I deleted long ago are still there somehow?

edit, after three crashes and doing it over and over again It is now fixed, guess I didn't delete all the bits at first.

Thank you so much <3

Also, any tips for making a swamp.
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
    The best tip is to look at EA's swamp areas in Twinbrook. Then Try to keep the paints down- cause it's fun to paint! :lol: