Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Being Removed?

Twice now when I start up the game I get a pop up saying an item or piece of furniture was removed from my build mode because I no longer have that file or something...

Does anyone know what is going on? Is the pop up a glitch or am I losing items I bought?

I have NEVER downloaded any mods or CC, only the Expansion, Stuff and Game packs from Origin.

The pop up doesn't tell me what item was removed...

Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Have you gotten rooms off the Gallery?
    Those rooms could have something from a pack you don't have, or they could have CC, and since you don't have any, if you downloaded them it would just remove them for you.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I have also been getting that same message every time... and not when opening Gallery lots. It's when I open original families on base game lots with only official content. (I don't have any CC.) I haven't removed any packs, either. I haven't noticed anything specific missing, but it is a concern.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Also, I've just noticed it happening in the last week or so. But I hadn't really played for a few months, so I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened. But I suspect it's tied to either the last patch, or Get Famous.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I also just downloaded Get Famous and have just had it this week. No, I did not use the gallery... At least not in the game I am playing now. I have like 3 or 4 things from there in another game file that I haven't added to the game...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i used to get that off and on when i used the mood lamps unlocked from owning various sims 3 packs, so there's a chance it was that if you used them. it seems origin gets confused on whether i own these packs since i don't have sims 3 installed on this computer. so some days it goes "oh, you own the packs, the lights are good" and then other days it's "wait, you don't own these packs, we're taking the lights away!". i just eventually gave up on using them because of that frustration, even though they're great stuff
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    The same thing has happened to me in one of my households... Although I can't tell what item is missing or replaced in my save. It has only happened once and it was last week at some point... No CC, all packs and extra content installed, no gallery lots, nothing uninstalled to cause the issue. I wonder if it's just some kind of weird glitch?
    I haven't used mood lights either so not that but sounds like it isn't just me so that's good to know haha. Maybe some error message glitch. As long as my content isn't disappearing lol
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I think it's a glitch that came along with get famous.

I notice it mostly on community lots when I load in, or in houses I've not been to in a while. I don't see anything missing, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
    I am getting it on a house I play daily but it def started after I got Get Famous a few days ago so that sounds about right :). Thanks for the responses!
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have been having it, when I load into a household after just starting the game up. I haven't downloaded anything since closing down the game so I assume it's a bug as nothing has changed.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I got this in the middle of playing once. I loaded the household I had already been playing (either they were at a community lot before or I was in manage worlds, not sure) so I have no idea how content managed to delete itself when I hadn't even left the game.

Didn't notice anything missing though.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've gotten this a few times with EA/Maxis placed buildings like the Gym and the library. I usually find that for some reason a toilet has disappeared and needs to be replaced or some such. Not sure why that happens though?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    This just started happening to me earlier this week. I’ve never had it happen before, and I don’t play with any cc. I loaded up a family I’ve been playing with for months, and got that message. A few times since then I’ve gotten the same message. I didn’t notice anything missing on my lot though. Probably just a bug/glitch
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    This has happened to me once before, back around the time I first started. I have no idea what was removed or anything to this day and it’s been over a year.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€