Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caleb had 100+ power points when I moved in?

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
I'd been playing with my vampire sim Amalia for a few in-game weeks now, and I finally decided to tie the knot with Caleb Vatore (being immortal eliminates the need to rush). When I moved in with him, Lilith had 0 power points...but he had more than 100. Enough for him to buy all the powers and still have some left over, actually. Has this happened to anyone?

I mean, I'm not really one to turn something like this down, but it's still odd.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    The same thing happened in my game too. I moved Caleb in with my sim after they got married, and he had over 100 points. I bought most of the perks and he still has a ton of extra points.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Apparently this is a thing then? 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    All Vampires continue to rake perk points when not played, including the NPC vampires. So that means if they're using a power on their own or feeding, they still gain those points even when not played or haven't been played in awhile.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I saw 300+ once but that was a long save.
    It really happens to him. And sometimes his athletic is maxed too, he even showes up as a mentor too. Maybe there's something like a hidden story behind this. Strange isn't it.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    That he's secretly more powerful than Vlad? 🤔

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I once got him with over 200 points, but it doesn't always happen, and I haven't noticed it with other premade vampires.
    It was before I ever played him though, which was strange

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    This has been going on since the patch before cats and dogs, In some of my saves they have thousands of spare power points.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-NPC-Vampires-no-energy-gaining-points-no-runs/td-p/6418981 been open a year but as only 17 have the issues unlikely to be fixed.
    Oh, I didn't know this was a bug.

My Caleb ended up with a bunch of permanent powers and weaknesses despite me using the draught and cheats, so I had to delete and replace him anyway.

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    And did you notice that Vatores have choose 4 weakness while all the others have to choose 5. And I don't know why but Lilith can't activate her already unlocked vampiric allure power.
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually like some of these bugs.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    I didn't even notice. With premades, I think the devs just cheat in their stats and stuff to wrap things up quick

• DanGDanG Posts: 2 New Member
    We all have the same problem!
    ONce you reach "Grand Master" the bar fills once and stays full and that's it for power points.(SAD)

There are some codes you can use to cheat the game but it is not intended that way and it is not the same experience at all.

This has been happening since the November 2018 update.

I also noticed that when you would get up to "Grand Master" there was some kind of message telling you that you could from now on accumulate power points without getting anymore "Weaknesses". That message no longer exists.