Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons vs Geekcon

SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
We really need a tarp object or carport cover to appear over the electronics at Geekcon so that the whole festival isn't ruined when it rains. Nothing like getting a goal like "enter a contest" at Geekcon, only to have all contests broken by the rain and the only thing you can do is build a rocket, buy a shirt, or get food or head indoors to the nearby karaoke bar (where no contest is going on, unfortunately). Likewise with the outdoor dance parties my Sim randomly gets invited to at the Ruins etc. where nobody can dance because the DJ booth is broken because nobody put it under a stand with a tarp.
026862111036.jpgac1220_67127.jpg?1671
Yalp-Fono-DJ-Booth-Aberford-Park.jpg
51awFfmiwSL._SX425_.jpg
I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    The Do booth is more so annoying especially since I thought I'd try to go to another invite at the bluffs and it wasn't raining BUT the Do booth was out of commission and claims it can't be used in the rain though it wasnt raining nor could my sim fixed it. So ended up plopping a extra so booth on the ruins lot so Sims could dance since they'll just socialize and spam the poor bartender ordering drinks. :#

Course this is surely a bug. Kinda wish sims wouldn't get invites out of the weather will be bad or at the very least how the weather is in other worlds at the time than the one you're in.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    geekcon always seems to happen when its raining. the whole event gets completely ruined. tarps, sunshades, marquees should be added to all festivals so our sims have a shady spot when its hot, shelter when its raining, and most importantly can enjoy/utilise electronics at geekcon
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    It's almost like the residents of San Myshuno had never experienced weather before. Which, with the addition of Seasons, we know is a lie.

Overall, it doesn't seem like the devs considered how the festivals would function with weather at all. Especially Geekcon, which has all these electronics placed outdoors.

Add roofing to Geekcon!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @Magdaleena Exactly! They did not consider what seasons would do to festivals. Geekcon is really the only good festival and it is ruined so often by rain - so what I had already paid for, I can barely use anymore. They should have put Geekcon indoors when they came out with seasons.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2019
    We really need a tarp object or carport cover to appear over the electronics at Geekcon so that the whole festival isn't ruined when it rains.

You can't really cover the electronics at Geekcon. You can build a cellar under the karaokebar next to the festival like this one. The activities in such a cellar count as parts of the festival.

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The glare from this oversight is blinding. The least they could have done is program it so that with seasons installed, festivals would happen in their own designated seasons...then again, that would probably glitch up and break too. TS4, everybody! -_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Seasons/weather need to be base game features next time, so oversights like this don't happen.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Seasons/weather need to be base game features next time, so oversights like this don't happen.

I agree, but fear it would increase the time required for debugging everything before base game release considerably, possibly exponentially.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    The glare from this oversight is blinding. The least they could have done is program it so that with seasons installed, festivals would happen in their own designated seasons...then again, that would probably glitch up and break too. TS4, everybody! -_-;

Ideally, they would've put the festivals on the event calendar that came with Seasons. There's really no reason not to: just show them as events.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member

not ts4, just ea games. this kind of crud also happened a lot in ts3, but that's what happens when a cashgrabbing company takes over a franchise. they just rush more exp packs to make more $$$ instead of taking the time to make the previous ones work properly. this is why i just don't bother with outdoor events or festivals anymore which is too bad since geekcon is the only fun festival of the bunch. and now GF is ruining the nightclubs and lounges because of the endless dancing celebrity watching thing…. ts4 will become a stay at home and don't bother with commercial lots anymore game if this keeps up.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

not ts4, just ea games. this kind of crud also happened a lot in ts3, but that's what happens when a cashgrabbing company takes over a franchise. they just rush more exp packs to make more $$$ instead of taking the time to make the previous ones work properly. this is why i just don't bother with outdoor events or festivals anymore which is too bad since geekcon is the only fun festival of the bunch. and now GF is ruining the nightclubs and lounges because of the endless dancing celebrity watching thing…. ts4 will become a stay at home and don't bother with commercial lots anymore game if this keeps up.

I never experienced that bug yet I always send my sims on community lots. I think its not a universal issue. Also the franchise had been leading by EA ever since the first game.

• DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I never experienced that bug yet I always send my sims on community lots. I think its not a universal issue. Also the franchise had been leading by EA ever since the first game.

hmm count yourself Lucky then :/ i never accept those dance party invites anymore since it will Always be a fluke because a celebrity shows up, starts dancing and bam everyone including the DJ will be standing around the dancing celebrity all the times doing that annoying clapping and cheering crud. then when the DJ starts again after i often have to reset him since they get stuck often because the celeb already stopped and the whole pile of crud repeats. same in the nightclubs so there is no point going unless you enjoy standing still and being forced to bask in the celebrity glory, since the 4 stars just love to spam that aggrevating incite cheering and p[osing nonsense all the time. ohh and forgot to add: if all is well everyone without a celebrity level will just be yapping or whispering about celebs all day. i get it that celebrities are a big deal to some folks, but in the game it is just obnoxious overkill since EVERYONE is non-stop busy with them and it kinda makes going to commercial lots a snoozefest unless you don't care about the others there and just come there for yourself (to the gym for example where you come to train anyways)

Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've experienced this myself, I think it's more a timing thing than it is a bug because it's only happened twice most of the time it was usually just cold or smoldering for the Geekcon.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Ideally, they would've put the festivals on the event calendar that came with Seasons. There's really no reason not to: just show them as events.

Yeah, I wish they had done this too.

It tends to rain a lot during Geekcon in my game too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Is it possible to put the weather changing machine on festival lots in order to ensure better weather? Seems like that would be worth a shot, even though it's semi-cheating.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top