Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons : unnotified snow day ?

MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
Here, I have a teenager for whom I did not have the usual notification (school in an hour) who did not go to school although I tried several times to send her to the school by clicking on "go to school" button. The schoolbag was not flashing yellow either. It was an ordinary Wednesday without a holiday, but there was a big snowstorm. I wonder if the snow days would be present in the game, but not notified? error or forgotten notification ?

What do you think ? Did it happen to you that your kids did not go to school without notification of any kind?

The next day was a beautiful winter day and she went to school normally as usual.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Well, was it a blizzard? I should think common sense would prevail.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    A lot of snow and wind, a blizzard, yes. I thought there were no snow days in this iteration. I haven't heard of it. So I guess there are snow days after all. I thought someone could confirm this to me cause I'm a little confused as there was no notification.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    It sounds like you just experienced a glitch because, as you said, there are no snow days in TS4.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    This happened to me before. It was snowing though, yes but I don’t remember if it was a blizzard or not. She got no notification to go to school and there was the button to go to school in the career tab. I clicked it and nothing happened but the next day she did go to school so I ended up assuming she had a snow day and that school was out.
    @roflmaoxsarah Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad I'm not the only one who made this assumption.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've had this glitch when it wasn't snowing. It happened before I even had Seasons.
    It is very annoying and the first time it happened, I noticed it used one of the kid's vacation days. I didn't think to check if it did this last time.

I've also had kids come back home early and I couldn't send them back. :s
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but I've seen kids go to school, only to immediately reappear as if school had only lasted one minute. Resetting the sim and sending them to school again usually helps with that, so it might help you too the next time this happens.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but I've seen kids go to school, only to immediately reappear as if school had only lasted one minute. Resetting the sim and sending them to school again usually helps with that, so it might help you too the next time this happens.

Do they come back early because you left the lot? I've had that happen so many times, and every time it does, I can never send them back. It's very annoying.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yeah, that happens as well... Not in the case I described above, but it does happen. I find it even worse, though, when sims never (officially) come home. That's actually a much bigger problem I have at the moment, and the only solution I've found is to save and go to the world map, then reload the lot and tell the sim in question to come home manually.
    The kids might also come back early from school if you had them taking a lunch bag with them.
    Otherwise, I don't think my "snow day" glitch is of the same nature.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2019
    Melpomena wrote: »
    The kids might also come back early from school if you had them taking a lunch bag with them.
    Otherwise, I don't think my "snow day" glitch is of the same nature.

Not in my case. I actually rarely use the pack lunch feature.
    It seems as if something happened and they were reset.

Of course, I've had both situations in my game (without the snow).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif