Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post photos of your premade house renovations!

I've been playing the same save with the Goth/Crumplebottom family for close to 3 years now, and between moving them and their house from Sunset Valley to Moonlight Falls I've done a ton of renovations on their house and lot. I especially needed more space since I've had a mix of the Goths and Crumplebottoms living there. I've decorated a lot more since I took these and I think added/split some rooms.

1st floor
wbavkp.jpg
2nd floor
27y7ltg.jpg
3rd floor
j96nt3.jpg
4th floor and rooftop
xeol1y.jpg

Here's a few photos of what it looks like in the new rooms and the house from outside!

Workout room
s0v3f4.jpg
The Crumplebottom kids' room
t99v8j.jpg
Queenie Goth (granddaughter of Cornelia and Gunther) in one of the new bathrooms
2wgya2d.jpg
The house from the front!
1zwjatc.jpg

I'd love to see what others have done to premade houses.

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Nice make over! :) Your link "My Blog" leads to a closed down site???
    NymlADp.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    It's fun to renovate premade homes as generations go by! Good job!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    edited January 2019
    Okay, here are mines. Since Yvette Grisby wanted a big family, I had to be imaginative to find places for kids to be. Then, George Dean joined and wanted five other kids. SO...

The garage was claimed as a bedroom by the rebellious son. But Laurel still insisted on putting her car there, by principle. It makes for unique decoration.

Then, my evil sim wanted a space of her own (she shared a study with two other siblings and seriously, bunk beds are not that cool when you're a teen), so she decided to use the attic as her lair!

Thankfully, Laurel is a handy Sim, she could add a door to the garage and a ladder to the attic to fulfill her siblings' wishes!
    The Grisby attic:

Ladder
    vegQf9I.jpg

Bed
    xTjtijB.jpg

Computer
    saiGLp5.jpg

Costume
    pNQsPze.jpg

Window 1
    Qia3P3T.jpg

Window 2
    JWAKvD1.jpg
    The Grisby's garage:

It started when Dave was a kid, he couldn't endure his siblings crying.
    mYtH2gx.jpg

Laurel added a door so it would be easier to get in.
    FWVILWk.jpg

It got more elaborated when Dave grew up.
    wEt1wmS.jpg

It became a real den...
    O82SFJN.jpg

...decorated with Dave's taste.
    sN9TWGP.jpg

But it is still useful for the family...
    06XbiTc.jpg

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited January 2019
    From one of my other saves...(Yeah, I have way too many of them to keep track of)...and this one is from the cleaner pictures of an XXX-rated romp...through Sims 3's Sunset Valley that I played. Took the Monotone in Sunset Valley...and tried to keep it as close to what it was before, but added a few improved furnishings, such as an improved stove and fridge.
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    Added a basement...
    Screenshot-147.jpg
    ...and an upstairs floor - kept the color scheme the same.
    Screenshot-155.jpg
    ...no there's no other "clean" pictures. :tongue:

I'm generally not in the habit of using pre-made homes in TS3, mainly because of the tight quarters and the layouts aren't what I like. I tend to go for modern/open layout...because it's easier to get screencaps in those places than in the EA pre-mades. Hence the reason why I prefer to build over using someone else's layout (downloading houses from creators). When I buy a property in Sunset Valley or any other world, the EA premade houses are basically "teardown value" to use a real estate term (a career in which I formerly was in) and the value inherent is in the lot value.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I always end up using and changing a few premade houses.

--- x --- x ---

45791941425_4fb1c3f2dd_c.jpg

This house was built for Appaloosa Plains. I mixed the blueprints of Shotgun Style with the textures and general idea of Turnkey Trot. It's a cute little home for townies.

--- x --- x ---

After playing in Monotone and "El" Urban Sprawl, I chose Modernehaus as my main home now. I deleted all the furniture and, even though I didn't change the shape or the exterior, I tried to redecorate my way.

39742302843_bff3b02420_c.jpg

39742317713_2626404b74_c.jpg

Pool area was completely changed. I may change it more since my sims aren't using this very much.

39742311963_d2ac20c2c1_c.jpg

TV area

32832430788_98be505311_c.jpg

Dining and Kitchen. I decided to use some kitchen stuff I got from the store.

39742306043_e95669de6e_c.jpg

The fence separated the kitchen from an office area with drinks, music, the computer and the easel.

39742304143_11b67d5726_c.jpg

One of the bedrooms. I wanted to show off their Monet painting. XD

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2019
    Haruo decided to renovate his fiancee's mother's home. Hope she won't be too annoyed. If she is, that's a REAL good way to get on her good side, eh... ~sarcasm~ That's a real beaut, eh?:D
    Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Well, ain't that a relief... She's happy with it. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~