Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    So glad to finally have a book club week for this fantastic story. Not that @Maladi777 would forget to nominate it. :p
    Ha! If I didn't do it someone else would, because as far as I remember @simscognito said I beat him to it. We all are Deep Rift fans.
    1. Through being part of the Heffner fandom? I think that's half of everyone's reading list now.
    *snortle* That's a byproduct of hanging out in a toolbox #3

Love all your answers. You crack me up.
    which reminds me the virtual coffee just finished . cool thing since its virtual you don't get all the side effects so its good anytime day or night.
    Thank you for beig such a good coffee overseer. Can't we count on your services next round as well?

when is it? i'm a lurking barista remember?
    We'll need a new pot of coffee when the next round of questions is posted. ;)

i know when will that be? i want to make sure to have it ready

and your welcome. thanks for letting me help :)
    Can't tell precise time. Just have this thread bookmarked. You won't miss it.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Happy Tuesday!

We're still discussing @candycottonchu's story Neighbourhood Talk And today we're going to focus on another character, which is...

CH-Tuesday.jpg

...Alejandro Gonzales, his family and his activities outside family. He needs no further introductions as he introduces himself early in the story and leaves a lasting impression.

Questions for the readers:

1. What do you think of Al's parenting skills?
    2. What would be the best/funniest punishment for Al's cheating?
    3. Where do you see Al in next five years?
    4. Alejandro invites you to a dinner. Will you go?

Questions for the author:

1. Which character is most challenging to write and which one is the easiest?
    2. What is your favourite chapter you wrote?
    3. Which of your characters is most like you?
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member

What parenting skills? We never really see him with the kids but the one time we did he was a true 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The time he told Sophia that she was too ugly for anyone to marry. He isn't her father but he was (and I use this term loosely) "the male role model" for that household so that statement was unforgivable. I actually feel bad for all the kids in that house as they were all neglected by both parents.

@Maladi777 already came up with the best and funniest punishment in the Neighborhood Talk thread. Rosa leaving him with all the kids. There is no way I can top that one. @Maladi777 If you still have that pic can you repost it.

Hopefully he won't get married again as he clearly doesn't want to be married. However I do see Deep Rift's career skyrocketing and Alejandro being on the front page of all the tabloids. I foresee plenty of scandals in this man's future.

I most certainly would. Going to dinner with a hot rock star would be a dream come true. However I would not have any romantic delusions about him with his reputation.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @Piazzagirl1015 You mean this picture @candycottonchu created? :D

18_08_18_22_50_42_names.png

Maybe someone else will come up with even better punishment for him. @InfraGreen is usually very resourceful.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @Maladi777 Yep that's the one. I didn't remember @candycottonchu created the picture. Memory gets bad with age. I do apologize for the error. It's a great picture and I love the look on his face here. If anyone can come up with a better punishment I would love to hear it.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    a little late cause of adulting but the coffee is now ready. :)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 @Maladi777 and I was ready to post that exact picture this morning! I have to settle for a discord exchange:

C5sAlTz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 @Maladi777 and I was ready to post that exact picture this morning! I have to settle for a discord exchange:

but where will Al go once he starts spreading his seed among the Alien population?

• Options

but where will Al go once he starts spreading his seed among the Alien population?
    Then @candycottonchu will finally have to purchase the vampire expac...
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

After that EA needs to give Al another lifestate to conquer
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member

hell no. never :smiley:
  • Options

I can't help but wonder how will his kids turn out with such role model. The oldest one doesn't look very happy to be Al's son, if the picture is any indication.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I can't help but wonder how will his kids turn out with such role model. The oldest one doesn't look very happy to be Al's son, if the picture is any indication.

I actually thought about that a lot. And I have some ideas, at least for Nan (Fernandez, ok! xD ), and of course Lana.
    Post edited by candycottonchu on
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

doesn't palo whats his name already do that?
  • Options
    @kirivian thanks for your replies! Don't worry, there's not really anything wrong to do. You can reply to answers, ask your own questions, or just join the random chatter :)

1. <3
    2. Love your response. And they're quite to the point!
    3. Lol, omg! I wonder if I can convince you that it might have been her best decision? I feel it's kinda like a double-edged sword. Linda actually makes more active decisions, when it's about her career. Maybe all her stamina is consumed, and that's why she is rather passive on the romance side. Let's see if any event will happen that shakes this off. (Of course it will)

Do you want to reply also to what you think the sister's best decision so far was?

@Piazzagirl1015

2. Mae for sure has some trouble to say no. She doesn't actively want to hurt people, even less when she cares about them. She needs to learn that sometimes "no" can prevent worse damage than to try and make everyone happy.
    3. Same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as above about Mae. And I still think Linda's bigger mistake might be that she didn't see earlier what an idiot Brian was and drop him earlier :D
    4. I'm glad you also agree that it was for the best that Mae didn't stay, after all. Even if her means might be wrong.

@Maladi777

2. I've seen you make up quite a few theories as for why Frae didn't work out in the first place, and I'm still excited to see your reaction when you'll finally read how it actually happened! :D
    3. No, Mae didn't, and never will.
    4. Okay I'm glad you found at least one good decision she made! :joy: Maybe because her others are just not so obvious.
  • Options
    Round 2! :smiley:

1. Which character is most challenging to write and which one is the easiest?
    A character is hard for me to write when I haven't figured them out to a point so far. I had a longer time trouble with Mae, she was just aimlessly doing Mae-things all the time, but I didn't really know where she's heading. Now it's different, because I know where she'll end up, and I don't mean Paris.
    On the other hand, I had quite a good idea as to where Linda would head to from the start, but when I thought about it, I was actually really bored by it. So I kinda dragged it out, as it was somewhat challenging in the way that it wasn't satisfying.
    Then a new idea formed in my head, and I decided to explore it. Now I cannot wait to write her again.
    Franny turned out to be a weird thing in-between, he's easy to write because I know him so well by now, but also really challenging as of what he has to tell. The last chapter I wrote kinda broke my heart for multiple reasons.

2. What is your favourite chapter you wrote?
    I don't think I can really answer that question. I like a lot of things I wrote (or else I wouldn't have published them!) I do like the chapters with Delilah's wedding with Linda's and Frank's exchanges. I also like all chapters of the last part of season one, and the 2nd part of "Another wedding". At this time now, the last chapter I've written is probably my favourite. I'm quite happy how the screenshots turned out, and I also like the general feeling the writing gives me when I read it again.

3. Which of your characters is most like you?
    Someone keeps saying that Linda is like me, and even looks like me. I can't really agree. While I'm rather introverted myself too, I'm not career focussed at all, and sadly too emotionally invested in everything.
    I think all of my characters have sides of me in them. Even Al (no, not his whorishness) :D

@Maladi777 also omg I love that pic! :love:

@Piazzagirl1015

1. LOL! His parenting skill would probably limited to "Ritaaaa - xyz made a mess, I gotta go now" :joy: I had to check again what I wrote in that particular chapter, though. He told Sofia she's too dumb that anyone would marry her, not too ugly, idk if that makes it any better. I would be surprised as he should clearly see that Sofia is quite a pretty girl, even without liking her or being interested in her at all.
    2. Ahhhhhh that one made me laugh so much when @Maladi777 had that idea! :joy: ofc I had to make that pic then. But I think I'd feel sorry for the kids. Not that he qouldn't care - but he's definitely not really capable to look after them.
    4. Ha! I'd definitely go too :D
  • Options
    edited January 2019

But imagine what a great vampire Diego would make! Finally he would be able to become a literal parasite feeding off Franny.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

But imagine what a great vampire Diego would make! Finally he would be able to become a literal parasite feeding off Franny.

:scream: omg no! Leave that piece of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 six feet under, pls, thanks.
    At least for the Paris time being.
    Tbh I prefer Leroux harrassing my baby boy for now :blush:
  • Options
    edited January 2019

:scream: omg no! Leave that piece of plum six feet under, pls, thanks.
    Oh speaking of Leroux, I'm thinking if we should dedicate one day to him. But we haven't seen enough of him yet. He's so intriguing though.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

:scream: omg no! Leave that piece of plum six feet under, pls, thanks.
    Oh speaking of Leroux, I'm thinking if we should dedicate one day to him. But we haven't seen enough of him yet. He's so intriguing though.

idk if his questionable closetedness is worth a day of discussion, but no crime without a dedicated detective, same applies for Paris. So I wouldn't mind!
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Questions for the readers:

1. What parenting skills?
    2. If he actually fell in love with someone who treated him like time poorly spent.
    3. LOL. Would need to meet upcoming characters - but most likely in their beds, especially if the band gets famous!
    4. In a NY minute. :wink:
    <3
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    kirivian wrote: »
    1. What parenting skills?

Exactly! I was trying to give you an opportunity to tear into him! Oh well. Didn't work out as planned. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    kirivian wrote: »
    2. If he actually fell in love with someone who treated him like time poorly spent.

I actually like this idea very much. Also, please make it a man.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Just gonna quickly answer the Al questions before Maladi wakes up again:

1. Lol wut :p

2. Take the rocket from my discord screenshot but sneak Al on there while he's sleeping instead. Good bye infidelity. :naughty:

3. Developed as a character! He at least ended season one with Rita metaphorically giving him a swift kick between the legs.

4. Yeah, I like food that much.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Time for me to answer my questions too.

I think both him and Rita are failures as parents. Why did they keep having more kids? Al clearly is not interested in raising them at all. I suppose with first two kids Rita may have thought she would keep Al at home that way, but then it must have been clear it's not the case. Is she so fond of kids and taking care of them all alone without her husband's help? I mean it's five kids plus Sophia. The woman must be a masochist. I suppose they never discussed contraception. Al should really consider vasectomy.

You already know my thoughts on this one.

At this rate probably having 10 more illegitimate kids with Deep Rift groupies. Although I would love to see him fall for someone who will give him the same treatment he gave Diana and others.

Hmm, I think I'd pass. I would be mad at him for having a good time while all his former lovers + ex-wife raise all his kids alone. Or maybe I would go and spill wine into his lap or something. Besides the man can probably impregnate you just by looking at you. Nah. I'll pass.
    heffners_orig.jpg